Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
    Correct.

Got caught up with season 3 while in Vegas and thought it was very good, didn't realise season 4 had started.

Cheers appreciate it, the main box is in the sitting room and the router was extended into my bedroom, looking to move the Virgin media hub/my wifi router & server out of the bedroom and just need to get the cable cut & reconnected.
    He rang me. He said you have to ring Virgin media. He's currently working 15 hrs a day 6 days a week

He thinks it's 60 e to move it but not sure.
    Her sky-ness
    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Would you need not just always take the upgrade option at that price? Business expense....
      My flights are generally covered by the companies I work for, I'll mention it to my accountant next time if it's workable to be upgrading flights and expense them.

Originally posted by Mike View Post
      Condolences as all future economy trips to Asia are ruined.
      I'd only flown back from South Korea 4 days before flying out to Manila, 11 hour flight from Beijing to Paris, wrecked.

Maybe a bit of karma as I swapped a few seats from Jeju > Dublin, an old Asian guy so he could sit beside his family and then from Paris to Dublin a pregnant woman wanted an aisle seat.
      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
        If anyone has tickets for the hurling. I've been told that 700 is the offer by a mates job
        Biggest price I've heard of paid this year is a grand so far. For one ticket. Madness Ted.

Will be hoping for a football final ticket myself. Not too pushed about whether I go or not but it's a great day out.

Comment

Shrap, Raoul et all. Rugby fixtures are out. Toulouse for the weekend with a day trip to castres might be the way to go

Get all the latest results of the Investec Champions Cup matches and the detailed fixtures of the upcoming games with TV broadcasters.

Get all the latest results of the EPCR Challenge Cup matches & the detailed fixtures of the upcoming games with TV broadcasters.

Toulouse Leinster Sun Oct 21st ( Castres Exeter on saturday)

Bath Leinster Sat Dec 8th

Castres Munster Sat Dec 15th

Perpignan Connacht Fri Dec 14th

Comment

Why would one video oneself riding a Jack Russell in this day and age.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Just heard where the expression 'daylight robbery' came from.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                Just heard where the expression 'daylight robbery' came from.
                Window tax?
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                  Window tax?
                  Yes . A Friday titbit for me . Interesting pictures of boarded up windows. Seems like the strangest tax to administer.

Comment

Any tips for the big grill?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      bring a brolly
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Isn't it great how we keep telling people to get help for mental health issues, but then penalise them when it comes to getting mortgage protection insurance.

Am one insurance company employee's yes or no away from getting a house having already had a rejection because of medical records. This country is great.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                          Isn't it great how we keep telling people to get help for mental health issues, but then penalise them when it comes to getting mortgage protection insurance.

Am one insurance company employee's yes or no away from getting a house having already had a rejection because of medical records. This country is great.
                          Pretty sure lenders have group insurance contracts in place for this sort of thing. It will be significantly more expensive but shouldn't be an obstacle to getting a mortgage...

Certainly was the case some years ago - might be worth checking out informally if you can.

Turns out there's some kind of waiver system now if you've been declined in 3 places. Alternative I've heard of is just submitting a clean proposal and then cancelling the life cover once the mortgage comes through....Agree it's pretty sh*t all round though
                          Last edited by Western_Sean; 17-08-18, 14:10. Reason: Factual Correction

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                            Shrap, Raoul et all. Rugby fixtures are out. Toulouse for the weekend with a day trip to castres might be the way to go

Get all the latest results of the Investec Champions Cup matches and the detailed fixtures of the upcoming games with TV broadcasters.

Get all the latest results of the EPCR Challenge Cup matches & the detailed fixtures of the upcoming games with TV broadcasters.

Toulouse Leinster Sun Oct 21st ( Castres Exeter on saturday)

Bath Leinster Sat Dec 8th

Castres Munster Sat Dec 15th

Perpignan Connacht Fri Dec 14th
                            Perpignan-Connacht followed by Castres-Munster the next day.

Done.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                              Yes . A Friday titbit for me . Interesting pictures of boarded up windows. Seems like the strangest tax to administer.
                              I read before that this is all a myth. That tax applied only to big houses. Most normal sized houses had small and few windows because of the cost of the glass and the fact that windows let in more draughts than walls.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                I read before that this is all a myth. That tax applied only to big houses. Most normal sized houses had small and few windows because of the cost of the glass and the fact that windows let in more draughts than walls.
                                It was real, and was intended as a tax on (richer) homeowners, although it ended up with tenement windows being boarded up by landlords to avoid the tax.

Comment

Am forced to wait another week before I find out due to a Doctor going on holiday and won't be back til the 27th. Also fun: I'm getting evicted from my current place on the 1st of September.

Comment

That's crazy
                                    Is that even allowed?
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It was real, and was intended as a tax on (richer) homeowners, although it ended up with tenement windows being boarded up by landlords to avoid the tax.
                                      I remember reading about that years ago.
                                      It was a sign of wealth to have as many windows as possible and also part of why tenement imagery was always dark....
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        That's crazy
                                        Is that even allowed?
                                        you have more rights getting car insurance.

Comment

Don't think anyone is denying that there was a window/light tax, but the theory that the phrase 'daylight robbery' originates from it seems a bit shaky.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            The place doing ribs with all the ribs being smoked on the rack was disappointing. Prob needed another few hours bbq. Kinara food very nice. Enjoyed some of the MetalMan and white hag beers on offer, white IPA I tho k was very good. Also there is a lagunitas stall hidden away on the opposite side of the park to all the other beer tents.

Comment

Comment

Puleease that must be fake news !

If its real its a 0.0001 % chance its accidental

It seems that this is real

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

...Waited for someone else to ask what is wrong with it...Possibly will be made to feel stupid for asking but I need to know lol...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                    Perpignan-Connacht followed by Castres-Munster the next day.

Done.
                                                    I have provisional schedule and hopefully top of table clash on the 15th, if we aren't competing by october I'll probably be fired so whole weekend will be free.

But yes, sounds a good trip, base ourselves somewhere or one night in each?

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                      ...Waited for someone else to ask what is wrong with it...Possibly will be made to feel stupid for asking but I need to know lol...
                                                      the image in the top right corner (slightly faded out) is of Patty LaBelle, not Aretha Franklin.

Comment

the image in the top right corner (slightly faded out) is of Patty LaBelle, not Aretha Franklin.
                                                        Is she not on the far left of the photo? Aretha I am meaning.

Saw the video, the woman that you can hardly see is a backing singer.
                                                        Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 17-08-18, 16:33. Reason: Edited after taking a proper look!

Comment

Reminds me of the time Lenny Henry got knighted and on BBC or Sky or somewhere they announced it with a video of Ainsley Harriett dancing around the place like a fool.

Comment

...If anyone knows of anyone that are selling 2 tickets to Hozier, any of the nights, please let me know...Willing to pay extra for them as well...Got booted off the queue just as I was putting in my payment details...Thank you...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                That looks like Aretha?
                                                                The faded photo above the text.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  Don't think anyone is denying that there was a window/light tax, but the theory that the phrase 'daylight robbery' originates from it seems a bit shaky.
                                                                  What do I Know but sure the interwebby thinks so

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    Reminds me of the time Lenny Henry got knighted and on BBC or Sky or somewhere they announced it with a video of Ainsley Harriett dancing around the place like a fool.
                                                                    This is my favourite one

Comment

Comment

Not real surely?

Comment

Not real surely?
                                                                          The Jockey Wilson one?

It really happened but was a smartarse rather than an accident

Comment

Not real surely?
                                                                            It's real but Kevin Rowland asked totp producers to put it up as opposed to it being an error

Comment

This is beautiful..

Comment

Don't know what's funnier. What happened to the runner, or the commentary!

IUAA Indoor Championships 2017 semi 800 last lap mishap This is a clip from the original live stream from Fyffes Ireland covering the Irish Universities Athl...

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                  I have provisional schedule and hopefully top of table clash on the 15th, if we aren't competing by october I'll probably be fired so whole weekend will be free.

But yes, sounds a good trip, base ourselves somewhere or one night in each?
                                                                                  Probably Thurs-Fri in Perpignan, then Sat in Castres.

Been to both before and that ratio is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                    Don't know what's funnier. What happened to the runner, or the commentary!
                                                                                    Quality commentary to be fair to him

"He was tied up like Spiderman threw something at him"

Comment

so I am in beauticians getting a few needles done at 6.15 pm all happy in myself . Usually work 11/8pm friday but swapped with Linda my colleague and did the 9 /6 shift.

Half way through my needles shes snap chatting me saying a man in a mood came to stand asking where I was. He was quite irate. Looked for my manager as had a complaint

I seemingly signed him up a while back and he had said that I had sent him messages asking him out and generally bombarding him and his wife had fucked him out over the whole thing etc etc

I rang her and said ah Linda its clearly a fucking wind up like ffs , she goes no Michelle seriously he was deadly serious . I was like I dont fucking have customers mobile numbers ya dope and obv wouldnt do that wtf like, you know its a piss take!, what he look like I said etc ect and she described , nah couldnt think of anyone

Then a short while ago I get a message whats your co workers name ?
                                                                                      I rang him , he obv couldnt talk from laughing.....

My reply to him

SPOILER
                                                                                      OMG ya fucking bolix!!! also in stiches

SPOILER
                                                                                      Confirmed GAB is a TOOL
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        This is beautiful..

Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.

Comment

Haha, wp GAB

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                            I've just booked more tickets myself. Had a snoop and could get €13 seats for a Saturday Matinee. Couldn't pass it up.
                                                                                            Sold. Going on Sat 1st now with some as yet unselected family member.

Comment

RIP Greg Boland

Can't have been much more than 60

Two fine guitar solos in this 'funk' piece from guitarists Anto Drennan and Greg Boland (right), when Dublin band Badge performed a Jeff Beck style instrumen...

From Scullion's debut self titled album [1979].I ripped this from vinyl myself so the quality is not 100%.I just uploaded because this is damn good and damn ...

Comment

RIP Greg Boland

Two fine guitar solos in this 'funk' piece from guitarists Anto Drennan and Greg Boland (right), when Dublin band Badge performed a Jeff Beck style instrumen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9iUnij0_Is
                                                                                                1st song unimpressive, 2nd song wins it for you classic. Scullion rabbit hole ?

Player 1

Comment

From Scullion's 2nd album Balance & Control [1980].I ripped this from vinyl myself so the quality is not 100%.I just uploaded because it's damn good and damn...

Comment

Hey, just a heads up for some of you who may have known Len Collin back in the day, aka Fat Boy Dim on boards. He directed 'Sanctuary' which is on RTE tonight at 11.30pm.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Comment

Dublin Pizza co was delish at big grill.
                                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                          Sir, when a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.
                                                                                                          That bollix went out of date about 100 years ago and was aimed at rich cunts to begin with

Unless you count food banks, acid attacks and unbreathable air, and that from someone who would say london is probably his favorite city
                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 18-08-18, 02:41.

Comment

London is class, very few white people or brits but a cracking city all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                              London is class, very few white people or brits but a cracking city all the same.
                                                                                                              Aaaahhhh ya, not arguing with that.... Just the tired of life thing, most of London walking around looking depressed tbh

The lack of whitey does help

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                                Dublin Pizza co was delish at big grill.
                                                                                                                The one on Aungier Street? Never had it but it's always busy. Didn't really find anything great myself but I only got there around 8

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  Is she not on the far left of the photo? Aretha I am meaning.

Saw the video, the woman that you can hardly see is a backing singer.
                                                                                                                  Nah, it's definitely Patty Labelle and the photo above is from when LaBelle was performing for Obama in 2015

Comment

Mary McAleese is with her usual clarity and intellectual rigour doing a proper job on the Vatican on RTE now.
                                                                                                                    Her approach seems to be aimed at opening the minds of the faithful and any of the clergy with any remaining scintilla of integrity.
                                                                                                                    As I say its aimed more at church people but worth a listen back to for anyone interested.

Comment

RIP Greg Boland

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9iUnij0_Is
                                                                                                                      My guitarist was in Some Neck on Aungier St. on Friday trying out a 1996 Les Paul, when some guy grabbed his hand to stop playing and demanded he "show some respect" as "our brother Greg" had died.

the music industry is full of the most complete arseholes.

Comment

Mary McAleese is with her usual clarity and intellectual rigour doing a proper job on the Vatican on RTE now.
                                                                                                                        Her approach seems to be aimed at opening the minds of the faithful and any of the clergy with any remaining scintilla of integrity.
                                                                                                                        As I say its aimed more at church people but worth a listen back to for anyone interested.
                                                                                                                        Really enjoyed when she spoke out last year and the usual suspects on boards started with the well who is she to speak about this, what does she know only to get owned by the well actually she has a masters in Canon law, it's exactly what she is an expert in.

Comment

You'd think she might have had a word with her husband when he was writing that whitewashed report on the magdalene laundries then.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X