Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decent game of football in Newbridge.
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      Decent game of football in Newbridge.
      The 2nd best game I've watched this year, 1st being Kildare Mayo, and by far and away the best game of the super.8s so far.

Comment

Will I get a sweat out of this Schauffle character or will Speith just eat him up bones and all?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Oldie time

Sean Connery was interviewed by Michael Parkinson, and bragged that despite being 72 years of age,
          He could still have sex 3 Times a night.
          Cilla Black, who was also a guest, looked intrigued.
          After the show, Cilla says,
          "Sean, if I’m not bein too forward, I’d Luv to ’ave sex with yer. Lets go back to my ouse, we could ’ave a lorra fun."
          So they went back to her place and got comfortable
          After a couple of drinks they went off to bed
          And had an hour of mad passionate sex together.
          Afterwards, Sean says,
          "If you think that was good,
          Let me shleep for half an hour,
          And we can have better shex.
          But while I’m shleeping,
          Hold my balls in your left hand and ma Willie in your right hand".
          Cilla looks a bit perplexed, but says "Okay".
          He sleeps for half an hour, awakens,
          And they have even better sex than before.
          Then Sean says,
          ’Cilla, that was wonderful.
          But if you let me shleep for an hour,
          We can have the besht shex yet. You’ll have to.......’
          ’I know Sean. Yer want me to ’old onto yer bat ’n balls again. No problem Hun".
          Cilla complies with the routine.
          The results this time are absolutely mind blowing.
          Once it’s all over, they have a drink, Sean lights a cigarette and Cilla asks
          ’Sean, tell me, dis ’oldin yer balls in one hand, and yer Willie in de other - does it really stimulate yer that much?’

Sean replies, ’No, not at all Cilla,

But the last time I shlept with a scouser, the bitch stole ma wallet

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
            The 2nd best game I've watched this year, 1st being Kildare Mayo, and by far and away the best game of the super.8s so far.
            Disappointing result, typical of the whats been happening all year, playing well and just failing to get across the line in close games.
            O'Neill gone from dead man walking after the Carlow debacle to securing his position into next year and hopefully he can get a bit more from this squad.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Will I get a sweat out of this Schauffle character or will Speith just eat him up bones and all?
              He handled Rory well yesterday, looks pretty unflappable though also has a whiff of the Garcia about him too.

Speith is evens and Schauffle @4s which seems fair enough to me.

Need Molinari to start scoring. Rory is heartbreaking.

Comment

Tiger

Comment

Those odds look a bit lopsided so we'll let this one ride. Off to locate some lobster now so hopefully come back to a decent evening. Hope yer man swings his golf sticks in the correct fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                    Tiger
                    He can't, can he?

Comment

Those odds look a bit lopsided so we'll let this one ride. Off to locate some lobster now so hopefully come back to a decent evening. Hope yer man swings his golf sticks in the correct fashion.
                      I was going to go for lobster a week or so back. Someone started questioning eating something that is boiled alive. I think that talk that I listened to from Peterson about lobsters made it even less appealing. I didn't order the lobster. Enjoy

Edit - Disclaimer: They may not get boiled alive these days, I don't know.

Opr

Comment

The most important thing is that Zach Johnson is out of contention now.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Grim.

Hope he had mouthwash.
                          I was thinking exactly the same thing. His net worth must be massive at this stage. The game may be incredibly good but what is the end game here for him. I hope he enjoys some life outside poker because it seems to be all consuming for him or he at least has an exit plan down the road.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                            He can't, can he?
                            good comment from the US stream

"This generation of golfers never has had to face Tiger on a Sunday charge....and they are all dropping shots!"

Comment

Joint fav now.

Comment

TW 2/1 fav in running now, who'd a thought we'd see this day again.

edit : I did good there.

Comment

What a game

Comment

Spieth and McIroy suffer from the small heart

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                      He handled Rory well yesterday, looks pretty unflappable though also has a whiff of the Garcia about him too.

Speith is evens and Schauffle @4s which seems fair enough to me.

Need Molinari to start scoring. Rory is heartbreaking.
                                      Trust the nose

Comment

Some shot from Tiger.

Comment

TIGER FUCKING WOODS

Comment

Hello World.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                              I was thinking exactly the same thing. His net worth must be massive at this stage. The game may be incredibly good but what is the end game here for him. I hope he enjoys some life outside poker because it seems to be all consuming for him or he at least has an exit plan down the road.

Opr
                                              Maybe it's a one off but if not what use is a ball of money if you spend your life sleeping upright at poker tables.

Woke up this morn at 6am to get ready for a race, full of positivity. Saw that pic and it put me on a bit of a downer for a while.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                Hello World.
                                                Goddammit just logged on to post In before the C Kid

Comment

Maybe it's a one off but if not what use is a ball of money if you spend your life sleeping upright at poker tables.

Woke up this morn at 6am to get ready for a race, full of positivity. Saw that pic and it put me on a bit of a downer for a while.
                                                  Yeah like poker in my eyes is supposed to be an escape hatch out of having to grind out a living. Once you have successfully got through that hatch don't let poker become your life. It reminded me of a story of someone I met recently. I didn't know this when talking to them but was told after they had sold land during the Celtic Tiger for €30m. They proceeded to take that money and invest it further when things went pop they were overextended and blah blah. Fell out with family all around them etc. What the hell do people be thinking? I can take over the world

Opr

Comment

i wouldnt say it happens too often, thats during wsop when biggest games are running, in saying that agree with what else has been said so far about it.

Comment

He's doing what he loves. I'd imagine if you asked jungleman would he want to get up at six am to do a parkrun and then come home to watch Jools Holland whilst strumming along on a guitar and drinking craft beer he would find the idea equally abhorrent.

Comment

Good old bbv

Comment

I thought it was standard in LV that once you leave your stack of chips at your seat that you can wander off.

Comment

fs woods.

Is there any such thing as coasters that wont lift when you lift your cold glass?.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                              He's doing what he loves. I'd imagine if you asked jungleman would he want to get up at six am to do a parkrun and then come home to watch Jools Holland whilst strumming along on a guitar and drinking craft beer he would find the idea equally abhorrent.
                                                              Hey!

Doesn't take me THAT long to get around parkrun.

Comment

I think he has Asperger's so maybe that contributes to it but no one loves poker that much. It can certainly become all consuming to the point that you have created a character that knows nothing else so it seems that way. I was completely fascinated by the game at a certain point in my life. I loved through the mechanics of figuring the game out, competing at a decent level etc. The stuff that actually challenged your mind. I can't see how playing against mostly a bunch of rich fish day in day out continually bum hunting live games is particularly challenging for him and I can't believe if he actually got out into the world he wouldn't find other things equally fascinating.

Opr

Comment

One thing surely we can all admit.

Poker is full of the grim.

Comment

agreed, id much rather grind the fuck out the sunday schedule from early till super late than anything else

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                      good comment from the US stream

"This generation of golfers never has had to face Tiger on a Sunday charge....and they are all dropping shots!"
                                                                      If anything the opposite is happening now. Tiger used to win pulling away, different era.

Be crazy if he wins it, its his best chance of any major. Think Tiger bottled it when he saw the name Tiger on top.
                                                                      Last edited by Solksjaer!; 22-07-18, 16:11.

Comment

One thing surely we can all admit.

Poker is full of the grim.
                                                                        It is funny. When the Celtic Tiger was booming in Ireland it was full of the fun. A bit of grimness but for the most part the tables were usually great craic. Christ, when things got bad in Ireland sitting at a poker table, was one of the grimness places on earth to be at times. Things seem to have recovered to the point that it does look like the games have started to become more good-natured these days.

Opr

Comment

First bet of this open was to stick a couple of quid on Pepperelle @75 when he was leader in the clubhouse. Never heard of him before but I liked his laconic attitude in his interview 'The scorer said stranger things have happened , so I'll stick around'

Comment

Wowry

Comment

This is class

Comment

Kerry have a lot to do to stay in the championship, not looking good enough with 10 to go

Comment

Kerry have a lot to do to stay in the championship, not looking good enough with 10 to go
                                                                                  They weren't looking good enough with 10 gone in fairness

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                    ...Heading to bray today- I will be defending my Chicken wing eating title...#onetime...
                                                                                    ...I fucking missed this, absolutely raging...Some idiot walked the tracks so we had to stop for 20 minutes...Then at a bend, guy comes off the tracks and climbs a hill but driver didn't notice and couldn't see where he was, so had to call the police and wait...
                                                                                    ...Got to the comp at 15:30 but it was over...
                                                                                    ...The worst thing is, the winners in both heats had 10 &11 wings in 3 minutes...I'd have destroyed that...I had 18 last year, and have a new technique now as well...

Comment

I love golf.
                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...I fucking missed this, absolutely raging...Some idiot walked the tracks so we had to stop for 20 minutes...Then at a bend, guy comes off the tracks and climbs a hill but driver didn't notice and couldn't see where he was, so had to call the police and wait...
                                                                                        ...The worst thing is, the winners in both heats had 10 &11 wings in 3 minutes...I'd have destroyed that...I had 18 last year, and have a new technique now as well...
                                                                                        Unlucky. As a matter of interest how do you prepare for these. What did you have to eat the last 24hrs etc?.
                                                                                        What are you having for tea now done?.
                                                                                        Is Bray the only one you do?.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                          I was going to go for lobster a week or so back. Someone started questioning eating something that is boiled alive. I think that talk that I listened to from Peterson about lobsters made it even less appealing. I didn't order the lobster. Enjoy

Edit - Disclaimer: They may not get boiled alive these days, I don't know.

Opr
                                                                                          Not in Europe for the last few years. The rest of the world probably hasn't outlawed it yet however

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                            They weren't looking good enough with 10 gone in fairness
                                                                                            Its good that the Kildare game won't be a dead rubber and better that we get to twist the knife in the corpse

Comment

Lobster secured. West End in Fenit a fine spot.

Eh, what happened to my shootout with Speith for all the loots?

Comment

lol Liam. Funniest post I've read on here in a good stretch.

What's the technique?

Comment

Its good that the Kildare game won't be a dead rubber and better that we get to twist the knife in the corpse
                                                                                                  I don't think the drama is quite as intense for the Super 8s but it definitely gives the opportunity for teams who may be viewed as fortunate to make it this far (such as Kildare), a great opportunity to get a lot of experience against top level championship competition that they wouldn't have got otherwise.
                                                                                                  Kildare will take alot from these games moving forward.

On site note, the golf is unreal.

Comment

Lobster secured. West End in Fenit a fine spot.

Eh, what happened to my shootout with Speith for all the loots?
                                                                                                    currently joint leader with Molanari your man 3.5 on the machine

Comment

currently joint leader with Molanari your man 3.5 on the machine
                                                                                                      Ah yes, back in the game. Was reading Guardian updates in order.

Go Xander. Manipulate your golf bat sagaciously.

Comment

I don't want Francesco to win. Would be such a boring winner.
                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                          Harsh. 33 holes without a bogey

Comment

Not when you see the rubdown he will be giving Edwardo.
                                                                                                            This is a classic major.
                                                                                                            Raoul Duke looks like he will be rewarded for his lack of knowledge. The best way to win money.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                              Harsh. 33 holes without a bogey
                                                                                                              No doubt he's a cracking golfer and would deserve it. Still think he'd be a boring winner though. All the personality of a cardboard box.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                Not when you see the rubdown he will be giving Francisco.
                                                                                                                This is a classic major.
                                                                                                                Raoul Duke looks like he will be rewarded for hos lack of knowledge. The best way to win money.
                                                                                                                Told ya lads. American. Stupid name.

Just to back up the lack of knowledge bit. What happens if it's a playoff? Win part of the bet is outright?

Comment

A flawless weekend from him!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                    A flawless weekend from him!
                                                                                                                    Delighted tbh. Phenomenal weekend and well deserved

Comment

Feck. A good sweat all the same, all the better for being conducted via stone age connectivity at various coastal.locations.

Comment

Was looking for that homer gif for the ckid.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                          Delighted tbh. Phenomenal weekend and well deserved
                                                                                                                          Definitely well deserved.

Missus has Spieth in her work pool, hilarious stuff, watching her crumble as he did. It was gas, slouching further and further down the couch as the wheels came off.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X