Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    Jaysus, that's hardly crippling. I'm no warmonger, but the EU free riding on the US defence spend isn't sustainable long-term.
    The US contribution to NATO's annual budget is 22%

The NATO 2018 budget was $2.66billion - making the US contribution $585million.

The US defence budget for 2018 was $639billion.

Whats the %
    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

this was good
      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        i took no real pleasure in informing the assembled crowd of three lion chested Englishmen mournfully filling an irish pub in Copenhagen after the final whistle the other night that that may get used to it because this is what it is going to feel like all the time a couple of years into brexit.
        Next world cups shirt revealed:

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          Great excerpt from court her, Donald Sterling:

Sterling is about as much of a scumbag as can be imagined as far as billionaires go anyway. I remember when the tapes leaked of him and the whole racism controversy happened.

Since Ballmer took over the culture of the Clippers has completely changed plus Ballmer and his sideline antics are very funny.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            this was good

It boggles the mind how these people are in power

Comment

The US contribution to NATO's annual budget is 22%

The NATO 2018 budget was $2.66billion - making the US contribution $585million.

The US defence budget for 2018 was $639billion.

Whats the %
              And all their troops and bases in Europe?

Comment

It boggles the mind how these people are in power

Comment

And all their troops and bases in Europe?
                  You're right. They should pay market rates for rent.
                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

We are surely not going to go down the road of pretending US bases are dotted around the world for the benefit of anything other than global US hegemony, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      We are surely not going to go down the road of pretending US bases are dotted around the world for the benefit of anything other than global US hegemony, right?
                      Power projection. Was needed in the CW and, with Putin eyeing up more land grabs in EE, it's still needed.

Comment

3 second grimace
                        5 minute deconstruction

Which has more weight?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          Power projection. Was needed in the CW and, with Putin eyeing up more land grabs in EE, it's still needed.
                          lets not forget who are the only country to invoke Article V of the Nato treaty by the way

Comment

And without the US deployments and their logistical support Europe would be spending way more, especially in the Baltics.

3 second grimace
                            5 minute deconstruction

Which has more weight?

I just thought it was funny. Only bit of video I watched.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              A way would be found from the EU side as ultimately the EU does want the UK in.
                              It's political dynamite on the UK side though to even suggest another referendum. And in truth there is no guarantee, despite everything that's happened in the last 24 months, that the result of a second ballot wouldn't be the same.
                              Still surprised it hasn’t gotten consigned to an admin black hole where it will appear that stuff is getting done but in reality nothing is getting done at all.

The biggest mistake the uk made was allowing it to stay in the press and remind people. Alaister Campbell would have torpedoed this mess long ago.

Comment

Arsenal playing Chelsea in a friendly at Aviva on August 1st.

Tickets on general sale - https://www1.ticketmaster.ie/2018-in...0054B6E67CEE45

Bit pricey for a friendly, but still might interest a few people.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Jeez looks like our Olympic prospects might be getting a bit of a boost in the not too distant future, some performance:

Great to see the integration of some of the 'new' Irish into the sporting scene. There are more and more instances of unusual names cropping up on GAA team sheets in recent seasons as well.

Comment

John Isner vs Kevin Anderson Wimbledon semi-final 16-15 in the 5th set so far.

Isner loves the long Wimbledon matches. This is the longest in Centre Court history

Comment

Anderson and Isner ruined my afternoon after finishing work early to get home and see Nadal V Novak. Will that other semi play to a finish tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                          John Isner vs Kevin Anderson Wimbledon semi-final 16-15 in the 5th set so far.

Isner loves the long Wimbledon matches. This is the longest in Centre Court history
                                          Imagine paying for a centre court semi final tickets and being subjected to 6 hours of utter dross between two big servers when you should be watching Nadal v Djokovic
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                            Anderson and Isner ruined my afternoon after finishing work early to get home and see Nadal V Novak. Will that other semi play to a finish tonight?
                                            Dark light will stop it from finishing.. Roof isn't closed. Prob done by half 9 tonight I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                              Imagine paying for a centre court semi final tickets and being subjected to 6 hours of utter dross between two big servers when you should be watching Nadal v Djokovic
                                              Beyond cruel

Comment

Dark light will stop it from finishing.. Roof isn't closed. Prob done by half 9 tonight I'd say.
                                                That's not too bad. I've training at 8 so will be able to watch most of the match tomorrow.

What time would it start tomorrow with the final on Sunday?

Comment

That's not too bad. I've training at 8 so will be able to watch most of the match tomorrow.

What time would it start tomorrow with the final on Sunday?
                                                  Tomorrow:

Second Saturday

Play commences with Junior and Wheelchair matches from 11am, all other matches start from 11.30am, 1pm on No.1 Court and 2pm on Centre Court
                                                  I'd imagine The Men's Semi would go on at 11am Centre Court.

Comment

That'd be ideal. Thanks Jigga

Comment

What should have been a standard journey (Connolly Station to Rathdrum by train) has turned into an epic struggle for survival. A bit like a Liam Neeson film so it is.
                                                      Very crowded DART to Bray. Lots of short tempers. Then ordered off the train (fire on Bray Head) and onto buses to Greystones. Now sitting in the train in Greystones and awaiting departure. Passengers will be turning cannibal soon. Keeping a close eye out for CHD.

Upside being that Mrs DIII and kids had to erect the tent by themselves for weekend's camping. Winning bigly!

Comment

Epic semi final. All the fair weather watchers have no idea. If I was there id probably leave after this as Nadal Djoko is never going to be as good. But watching on tv is always the best seat in the house anyway.

Comment

What should have been a standard journey (Connolly Station to Rathdrum by train) has turned into an epic struggle for survival. A bit like a Liam Neeson film so it is.
                                                          Very crowded DART to Bray. Lots of short tempers. Then ordered off the train (fire on Bray Head) and onto buses to Greystones. Now sitting in the train in Greystones and awaiting departure. Passengers will be turning cannibal soon. Keeping a close eye out for CHD.

Upside being that Mrs DIII and kids had to erect the tent by themselves for weekend's camping. Winning bigly!
                                                          Yeah a gorse fire that they couldn't control cos some idiots decided to take their drones out and video it meaning the helicopters couldn't get access.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                            Epic semi final. All the fair weather watchers have no idea. If I was there id probably leave after this as Nadal Djoko is never going to be as good. But watching on tv is always the best seat in the house anyway.
                                                            I'll admit to usually only watching one tennis match a year. The Wimbledon final. So when Fed got knocked out i was really looking forward to the Nadal V Novak semi.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                              As someone who works in Sports Data (including Tennis) and is just a big fan of Tennis in general, this is absolute garbage.

Two big tall fuckers deciding the match on serves.

People at it must be gutted

EDIT: not trying to come across as a prick there..just pisses me off that you automatically assume 'fair weather watcher'
                                                              Last edited by TheJiggaman; 13-07-18, 18:19.

Comment

Yeah a gorse fire that they couldn't control cos some idiots decided to take their drones out and video it meaning the helicopters couldn't get access.
                                                                Really? Surely a helicopter just smashes a drone to pieces.

Need Zuutroy.

Comment

As someone who works in Sports Data (including Tennis) and is just a big fan of Tennis in general, this is absolute garbage.

EDIT: not trying to come across as a prick there..just pisses me off that you automatically assume 'fair weather watcher'
                                                                  Clearly never met rounders before

Comment

Ah..My sarcasm detector didn't go off when he posted! ha

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                      Jeez looks like our Olympic prospects might be getting a bit of a boost in the not too distant future, some performance:

Great to see the integration of some of the 'new' Irish into the sporting scene. There are more and more instances of unusual names cropping up on GAA team sheets in recent seasons as well.
                                                                      Jinx Lennon ahead of the game, released this years ago

Comment

Ah..My sarcasm detector didn't go off when he posted! ha
                                                                        No dead serious!. What im saying is this is producing great theatre and thats the key. Not guaranteed with a likelier big game match. I must admit its wearing thin on most people but only because the main event is next and people have busy lives. Imaging Nadal already won 3-0. Nobody would be complaining about this they would be lapping it up if they liked tennis.

I wouldnt be surprised if Djoko spits the dummy and Nadal wins in straight sets.

Comment

Really? Surely a helicopter just smashes a drone to pieces.

Need Zuutroy.
                                                                          Would assume so. Garda account on Twitter posted a message asking people to stop flying them as it was affecting the airspace

Comment

Bored and hungry now.

Chad; bring sandwiches.

Comment

...

Comment

Roof closing. Play gonna go on until 11pm for Nadal match tonight.

Comment

Rotor strike of any kind is a mandatory €20k engine teardown, also nonzero chance of a vibrational fracture after hitting something. Best to stay away from the things in the sky.

Comment

Comment

Christ the 3rd world Internet at this campsite is tilting

Comment

...

Comment

Said to the wife having no connection at all would be preferable to the false hope.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I didn't know it. I'd expect it though.

Hitch, that's not the most exciting post you've ever flung at us.
                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The GAB and Eoghan exchange in the golf classic thread gave me a good lol this morning.

Comment

There's another aspect to that, if you use a card to pay a subscription to something it can be taken from your account until cancelled by the payee.Even if you cancel the card. Continuous payment authority is the term
                                                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                      The GAB and Eoghan exchange in the golf classic thread gave me a good lol this morning.
                                                                                                      The sheer bewilderment, lol.

Comment

Bit of a strange situation in work.

We took on an Indian lady for a receptionists role but we had to let her go because of communication issues. She couldn't understand the customers and they couldn't understand her. 30 second calls were taking 8 minutes.

She's my boss' yoga teacher and she asked him for a job one night, he's a softie so he just said yes, and we needed another receptionist.

So it was all very awkward, he brought her in to the office and explained to her that he'd have to let her go. He said it went well, she took it well, she's a lovely, intelligent mature person so I figured she would.

Said she'd work out the week.

Anyway, he fecked off on a cruise yesterday, and she was due to finish today.

We've hired this other girl to take her place, she's starting on Mon.

Problem is, I don't think the other lady knows she's been let go. She's heading away for a week on hols but today she hinted a few times at coming back to work after it. Talking about following stuff up with customers and that.
                                                                                                        Went home at 5 and didn't behave the way you would if you weren't gonna see people again.

Maybe she thought we didn't know about it (only five of us did) and was saving face, but I can't help thinking she didn't understand what my boss was saying to her.

Which, ironically is the reason she was sacked.

Boss gets home next weekend, he's gonna have to make an awkward call.

Comment

...

Comment

...I think they need to look into the 5th set rule in general...For example, 16 year old Jack Draper through to the junior in thr junuors, but 19-17 in the final set is rediculius for such a young guy...Over 4 hours in total, surely that can't be good for anyone...
                                                                                                            ...Also, how much fucking sweat does Nadal drip in a set ,WOW...

Comment

Those yoga teachers would have you in knots still though they'd bend over backwards for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                Awkward indeed! How do you even make that phonecall: 'you know you've been fired yeah?' or do you hint around it with a casual 'so what are you going to do with all your free time next week?!'.
                                                                                                                He's gonna have to ask her how her last few days went or something. Jaysus, awkward.

Comment

Early morning run through the Copenhagen and on into the cool of the woods and through Christiania, fish fillet sandwiches and a lunchtime swim in the Baltic. Cycling and walking on to Botanic gardens and later one of the best restaurant meals I've ever had, seriously good recommendation from IonaPaul for Kiin Kiin absolutely stunning food. On to the DR Koncerthaus for the last night of Seu Jorge's first ever tour of his 'The life aquatic with Steve Zissou' Portuguese Bowie covers album.

What a city, what a day.
                                                                                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                    He's gonna have to ask her how her last few days went or something. Jaysus, awkward.
                                                                                                                    It'll be grand, she won't mind because she won't understand him this time either.

Comment

She just doing a George Costanza on it?

Comment

She just doing a George Costanza on it?
                                                                                                                        Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                          ... last night of Seu Jorge's first ever tour of his 'The life aquatic with Steve Zissou' Portuguese Bowie covers album.
                                                                                                                          What an awesome day topped off by this!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X