Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it's also possible that he was doing it again as recently as last year - albeit a much smaller scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
      ******THIS IS NOT A TIP******

There's a horse running in the first race in Naas today @2:05 that 72over used to look after in France, Zoffanyia. Just an FYI, I'm on it big but that's only because the fucker would haunt me for the rest of my days if it won and I didn't lump! It could be a donkey! But sure we've had a bit of craic backing it last night and this morning whether it comes in or finishes last!

Run good horse!

******THIS IS NOT A TIP******
      Expecting a good run this evening. I don't care too much about the loots I've put on but my mother is going to to Sligo with the owner to watch the race, so for her sake I hope it pisses in! She ran an impressive 2nd last time out and expected to like the longer trip. One time yo!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

People are fucking idiots.

So me dad was moved to Tallaght over the weekend as Tallaght are best for dealing with his pelvic injuries. Surgery was scheduled for 3pm yesterday. It was cancelled at around 4 as he's developed pneumonia and it caused quite a few complications. We were only told this at 8.50pm (he was due back on his ward at 9 originally) when we checked for the 5th time progress. We were sitting in a waiting room for hours told he was in surgery. Spoke to an on call guy (lovely dude) and he apologied profusely for his teams lack of communication and gave me updates for what's gonna happen over the next few days.
          I've been updating family and friends over fb and each time stressed not to call me dad. Just as well I took his phone home from icu (docas ward I think) as he can't really talk as it is.
          Of course his phone is ringing all morning from people wanting to offer advice and opinions.
          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            Crystal Cruises have a 108 night Miami to Monaco cruise (sailing west) that looks class. Hoping to blow the pension lump sum on something similar some fine day.
            there's a 120 night worldwide cruise (I posted about it here before) costs around €18k per person but if you watch for it you can normally get a 2 for 1 deal. Still haven't pulled the trigger on it but it's a potential goer.
            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

I'm sure I have heard before about people in their older years spending pretty much twelve months of the year on cruise ships in preference to nursing homes.

Comment

The Trump enablers and cheerleaders must be feeling so proud of themselves today because ripping toddlers from the arms of their parents and sending them off in trains to live in cages is so much winning.

Time to stand up and be counted or to accept that you are just a cloaborator

Hardly a mention of the cartoonist who was fired for not treating him with the same respect little rocket man gets at home.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                    airport, lol

Comment

Auctioneer called to say we had been outbid but there was only 1 other party involved now. I rang back to give it one more bump as our final.
                      2 doors down sold in Jan for 5% less and is in nicer condition(same sqft) so I think the difference is closer to 10-12%.
                      Kildare is projected to increase by 8% in 2018 so seems fair enough to stop there.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Wasn't shiverz a good guy, or did I miss the ending to that story.
                        Yeah he was messing around in other ways not scamming, so apologies. Knew I remembered something, found the thread from here....click on spoilers in link...

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                          Auctioneer called to say we had been outbid but there was only 1 other party involved now. I rang back to give it one more bump as our final.
                          2 doors down sold in Jan for 5% less and is in nicer condition(same sqft) so I think the difference is closer to 10-12%.
                          Kildare is projected to increase by 8% in 2018 so seems fair enough to stop there.
                          If you factor in the negative consequences of ASBO types like GAB and V buying into the county, you'll undoubtedly get a better deal in 12 months time!

Joking aside, supply of (used) stock seems to be increasing in middle class areas of Dublin. Like the 600-900k bracket. Wonder if the lending restrictions are causing a softening in demand?
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Joking aside, supply of (used) stock seems to be increasing in middle class areas of Dublin. Like the 600-900k bracket. Wonder if the lending restrictions are causing a softening in demand?
                            They're all selling to live in retirement villages in Carlow and Laois or cruise the world!!

Comment

If you factor in the negative consequences of ASBO types like GAB and V buying into the county, you'll undoubtedly get a better deal in 12 months time!

Well as far as lending restrictions go, GF received a phone call a few weeks ago from a mortgage broker who she visited a few months ago to inform her that PTSB had reduced their minimum exception gross salary from 50k to 40k(GF is primary teacher) so she was likely to be accepted now.
                              We got sorted in the meantime so it was fine but assuming that is true, perhaps they are softening their criteria.

Personally, as someone who has been looking at new houses, I think the HTB scheme is being overvalued by new buyers.
                              Obviously certain situations call for it where people can't get the deposit but I know people who could afford not to use it but view it as free money while my mentality is that you're essentially entering into negative equity in many instances.
                              The house I'm referring to is 12% cheaper than the new build 300 yards away and 200 sqft larger.
                              Air to water, new appliances, generally new is nice but I don't think it's worth a 12% increase given difference in energy costs equate to 800-1k a year.
                              Obviously the negative equity doesn't matter to first time buyers but if you can avoid it, I think you can certainly pick up value.

Comment

When they say exception, what kind of exception do banks give instead of the 3.5? A multiplier too or whatever they want, are there rules on it?

Also I imagine with less exceptions most people won't be buying in the 600k-900k range!

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                  When they say exception, what kind of exception do banks give instead of the 3.5? A multiplier too or whatever they want, are there rules on it?

Also I imagine with less exceptions most people won't be buying in the 600k-900k range!
                                  Not FTBs. Thinking trader-uppers here, but my point is that they will start getting impacted by the lending restrictions too.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

What I gather is each bank has a certain amount of exceptions they can give at their own discretion. Perhaps that is done regionally, occupation or another measure.
                                    Interestingly, the mortgage broker also mentioned she had her own unique exceptions, I'm unsure if that comes directly from central bank or individual institutions but they exist.

The exception appears to be minimum salary, public servants seem ideal candidates as their salary increases are as close to guaranteed as possible so if they're only a few years from the required salary, it would appear as relatively safe bet.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Yeah he was messing around in other ways not scamming, so apologies. Knew I remembered something, found the thread from here....click on spoilers in link...

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...8&postcount=12
                                        That just reminded me of the Rag2Gar saga..... can't find a link to that, was it here or old place?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                            I'm sure I have heard before about people in their older years spending pretty much twelve months of the year on cruise ships in preference to nursing homes.
                                            Only heard that exact thing last week. Cheaper in some cases.
                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Not FTBs. Thinking trader-uppers here, but my point is that they will start getting impacted by the lending restrictions too.
                                              You hope!
                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I hope everyone still refers to getting fucked over as being hornswaggled.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                  You hope!
                                                  Might start getting impacted myself.

Comment

Trying and failing to remember who the Dan character was. Hardly Diamond?

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                    Rooney Dives
                                                    yes and i'm sure he had other names "requiem for a dream"

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                      Only heard that exact thing last week. Cheaper in some cases.
                                                      If you really need to be in a Nursing Home then you wouldn't be able for cruises and they wouldn't be able to care for you. May be a fair comparison to Retirement Villages or independent living etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                        hey - easy on the negative cage terminology you commie.

They look like walls with higher than usual levels of ventilation - due to the high temperatures around the boarder correct air circulation is very important.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          FYI - most cruise ships have a mortuary fridge with capacity for 4 bodies.

There was a good louis theroux article a couple of years back about how much cruises try to cover up just how many deaths/disappearances they have

Edit, i was wrong, it was Jon Ronson:

Rebecca Coriam boarded the Disney Wonder cruise ship – and never got off. Why? Jon Ronson investigates
                                                          Last edited by Ed; 19-06-18, 14:00.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                            What I gather is each bank has a certain amount of exceptions they can give at their own discretion. Perhaps that is done regionally, occupation or another measure.
                                                            Interestingly, the mortgage broker also mentioned she had her own unique exceptions, I'm unsure if that comes directly from central bank or individual institutions but they exist.

The exception appears to be minimum salary, public servants seem ideal candidates as their salary increases are as close to guaranteed as possible so if they're only a few years from the required salary, it would appear as relatively safe bet.
                                                            They were not meant for public servants tho - its meant to be used for commission and bonus earners like myself.

The increase in earnings is very easy to plot for civil servants but the pay increases pretty much keep up with inflation so the actual improvement in situation is not very big.

Comment

They are fucking cages where small children who have been taken away from their parents by thugs with guns who are just following the orders of a petulant fool of a fucking manchild being directed by his fucking twitter rage.

This is not alright.

Come on Denny where are your scruples, are these facts that don't matter?
                                                              Jack what is the pro life position on this?
                                                              Hey Rigger its all a big fucking joke isn't it

FFS

Comment

Calyx looks a bit special.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                  That just reminded me of the Rag2Gar saga..... can't find a link to that, was it here or old place?
                                                                  Nostalgia here.... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...5271026&page=2

Jesus I was getting it from all angles!

Comment

FYI - most cruise ships have a mortuary fridge with capacity for 4 bodies.
                                                                    On Long Haul Flights they use blanket/pillow to disguise and wheelchair to transport
                                                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                      If you really need to be in a Nursing Home then you wouldn't be able for cruises and they wouldn't be able to care for you. May be a fair comparison to Retirement Villages or independent living etc.
                                                                      You're correct, I guess that's what I meant.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        They are fucking cages where small children who have been taken away from their parents by thugs with guns who are just following the orders of a petulant fool of a fucking manchild being directed by his fucking twitter rage.

This is not alright.

FFS
                                                                        Is it not pretty standard to separate men from women from children in detention all round the world.

Is it not pretty standard for boarder patrols all around the world to be armed.

Are you expecting people to be chased into 5 star resorts by feather duster wielding elves. I don't really see where the outrage is tbh. If it is that deportation sucks than yes I guess so.

Comment

You really should vent your frustration in another direction. You are doing the equivalent of a vegan shouting at meat eaters. As a starting point surely a better plan would be to pick up the phone to your local TD.
                                                                          There's a protest outside the embassy on Thurs at 5pm. Gonna try make it.

Should be one outside Doonbeg imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            There's a protest outside the embassy on Thurs at 5pm. Gonna try make it.

Should be one outside Doonbeg imo.
                                                                            Spoken like a man who is unfamiliar with the road to Doonbeg!

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                              Is it not pretty standard to separate men from women from children in detention all round the world.

Are you expecting people to be chased into 5 star resorts by feather duster wielding elves. I don't really see where the outrage is tbh. If it is that deportation sucks than yes I guess so.
                                                                              What are the alternatives? What happens in other countries? What has Trump changed?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post

They're asylum seekers. They were dealt with humanely up until two weeks ago.

It's absolutely outrageous to see toddlers screaming and crying in terror, and parents with no contact with them.

This is cuntish behaviour from a western democracy.

You're either trolling SP or there's something wrong with you.

Comment

Spoken like a man who is unfamiliar with the road to Doonbeg!
                                                                                  Haha, funny enough, I was involved a little in the building of it. You're right though.

Comment

It is a very, very depressing state of affairs when anything casts our direct provision in a positive light.

Comment

As a starting point surely a better plan would be to pick up the phone to your local TD.
                                                                                      Coveney doing well today

Comment

That picture broke me yesterday.

She looks and dresses just like my 3 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                          Nostalgia here.... https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...5271026&page=2

Jesus I was getting it from all angles!
                                                                                          Never saw that before, good craic
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                On Long Haul Flights they use blanket/pillow to disguise and wheelchair to transport
                                                                                                Old news!

From Commando-------------------------------------This is a channel with a quote from Arnold every day!Subscribe today!http://www.youtube.com/user/arnoldquot...

Comment

Lol Poland.
                                                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Payday falls on Monday for me this month.

Anyone know with AIB should the € be in my account on Friday, Saturday or Monday morn?

Was telling others it'll be Saturday

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                      Payday falls on Monday for me this month.

Anyone know with AIB should the € be in my account on Friday, Saturday or Monday morn?

Was telling others it'll be Saturday
                                                                                                      In Monday about 4 am

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                        People are fucking idiots.

So me dad was moved to Tallaght over the weekend as Tallaght are best for dealing with his pelvic injuries. Surgery was scheduled for 3pm yesterday. It was cancelled at around 4 as he's developed pneumonia and it caused quite a few complications. We were only told this at 8.50pm (he was due back on his ward at 9 originally) when we checked for the 5th time progress. We were sitting in a waiting room for hours told he was in surgery. Spoke to an on call guy (lovely dude) and he apologied profusely for his teams lack of communication and gave me updates for what's gonna happen over the next few days.
                                                                                                        I've been updating family and friends over fb and each time stressed not to call me dad. Just as well I took his phone home from icu (docas ward I think) as he can't really talk as it is.
                                                                                                        Of course his phone is ringing all morning from people wanting to offer advice and opinions.

Hey DP, he will probably end up consulting with my sister, she is the acting falls clinical nurse specialist in Tallaght hospital. Hope all goes well for him.

Comment

Genius defined:

14M Followers, 379 Following, 1,452 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from Patrice Evra (@patrice.evra)

Or Mentalist, not sure, but proper none the less!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

This is not alright.

FFS
                                                                                                            You know my views on immigrant, what are you expecting from me?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                              Compassion ?

Comment

...

Comment

It's not possible to defend without being the worst kind of cunt.

Comment

This has little to do with immigration this is about a miscalculated scheme to use the torture of children to satisfy his twitter rage and score cheap political points.

Would you agree that this is politically irrational, morally indefensible and the act of an extremely cruel person, or is this the act of a stable genius?

Comment

It was only for a bet!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                        It was only for a bet!
                                                                                                                        Yeah but he's pot committed to being pro Trump now lol

Comment

Ha, that was meant to be immigration

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X