Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
    Why do people curtsy the Queen but not the lady in the shops?
    That question wasn't about a greeting, it was about title. Pretty poor analogy tbh.

Comment

Opr

Comment

Wow that's dumb
        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Aus well worth their win. Excellent pressure and defence throughout. They deserved to be further ahead at the end tbh. Some very questionable calls (both directions but overall favoured us hugely) by the referees and a nitpicking TMO.

Thought Sexton brought almost nothing off the bench, we might have been better off having Byrne coming on hungry tbh! Carbery was ok... That's about it I think.

Was extremely surprised that the Aus' replacements upped the standard far more than ours. Thought the starting pack did well, Herring the pick of the bench. But we were struggling to do anything other than crab, crab, crab and then Pocock would pick one off.

Beale, Folau and Pocock were the best 3 players on the park by a distance. Lessons learned, and James Ryan's perfect career over

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
              Aus well worth their win. Excellent pressure and defence throughout. They deserved to be further ahead at the end tbh. Some very questionable calls (both directions but overall favoured us hugely) by the referees and a nitpicking TMO.

Thought Sexton brought almost nothing off the bench, we might have been better off having Byrne coming on hungry tbh! Carbery was ok... That's about it I think.

Was extremely surprised that the Aus' replacements upped the standard far more than ours. Thought the starting pack did well, Herring the pick of the bench. But we were struggling to do anything other than crab, crab, crab and then Pocock would pick one off.

Beale, Folau and Pocock were the best 3 players on the park by a distance. Lessons learned, and James Ryan's perfect career over
              I wouldn’t be so negative. I thought it was an absorbing game. Stander scores or Sexton finds touch and it could have been different. Our bench was a bit flat but the lads have miles on the clock. Herring was great and the lineout was good.

Carbery was harried a lot but I thought he stood up well.

Bringing back in the front line front row, Leavy and Conan into the back row and Sexton, Ringrose and Larmour in will give us a lot of zip in the second test.

I think from a World Cup perspective that was a very useful exercise and we’ll learn more from this game then we will from the Grand slam match in Twickenham.

I think you can argue the refs decisions for both sides tbh. Our kicking defence game tactics didn’t work very well.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                This is a decent long read on being more productive at work.
                Debated whether I should read on after:

"energy comes from four main wellsprings in human beings: the body, emotions, mind, and spirit. In each, energy can be systematically expanded and regularly renewed by establishing specific rituals—behaviors that are intentionally practiced and precisely scheduled, with the goal of making them unconscious and automatic as quickly as possible."

Nothing in it that diverges from Self Help 101 really. Pretty sure the article is just a call-to-action for the author's program?

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                  I wouldn’t be so negative. I thought it was an absorbing game. Stander scores or Sexton finds touch and it could have been different. Our bench was a bit flat but the lads have miles on the clock. Herring was great and the lineout was good.

Carbery was harried a lot but I thought he stood up well.

Bringing back in the front line front row, Leavy and Conan into the back row and Sexton, Ringrose and Larmour in will give us a lot of zip in the second test.

I think from a World Cup perspective that was a very useful exercise and we’ll learn more from this game then we will from the Grand slam match in Twickenham.

I think you can argue the refs decisions for both sides tbh. Our kicking defence game tactics didn’t work very well.
                  I'm actually not that negative about it, it was a team set up to be put under pressure, because it's looking 15 months up the road and not wholly worried about losing a couple of games on the way there. It's a really good position to be in, and is quite unusual for us!

I don't think Conan is the answer vs Pocock & Hooper tbh. Murphy is a better hog than him, Conan is good at smashing holes and just piling pressure on. Leavy will help, but there isn't a huge amount you can do to counter the brilliance of their stealing.

Them having Folau meant we didn't play our 'normal' game, and you could see we were trying to adjust to that additional pressure.

Thought the first half was as good a game as I've seen, full blooded, high pace and serious skills on both sides. Second half dropped the intensity, and bizarrely seemed to suit them more than us!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    I'm actually not that negative about it, it was a team set up to be put under pressure, because it's looking 15 months up the road and not wholly worried about losing a couple of games on the way there. It's a really good position to be in, and is quite unusual for us!

I don't think Conan is the answer vs Pocock & Hooper tbh. Murphy is a better hog than him, Conan is good at smashing holes and just piling pressure on. Leavy will help, but there isn't a huge amount you can do to counter the brilliance of their stealing.

Them having Folau meant we didn't play our 'normal' game, and you could see we were trying to adjust to that additional pressure.

Thought the first half was as good a game as I've seen, full blooded, high pace and serious skills on both sides. Second half dropped the intensity, and bizarrely seemed to suit them more than us!
                    I just think Stander is wrecked and Conan hasn’t played very much so I think he’s fresher. Leavy will add something as he’s a better 7 than Jordi imo. Tbh if we had Ruddock in the camp I’d drop POM as well.

I agree the selection was designed to test guys under pressure and it was a mixed result but I’ll take the positives and move on and hopefully we can win next week and setup a cracking third test.

I wonder will he swap out Kearney next week? That would be a big call but it’s the obvious position where we need to develop some depth as well...
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Why write crap when you can talk about nice things

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                        I just think Stander is wrecked and Conan hasn’t played very much so I think he’s fresher. Leavy will add something as he’s a better 7 than Jordi imo. Tbh if we had Ruddock in the camp I’d drop POM as well.

I agree the selection was designed to test guys under pressure and it was a mixed result but I’ll take the positives and move on and hopefully we can win next week and setup a cracking third test.

I wonder will he swap out Kearney next week? That would be a big call but it’s the obvious position where we need to develop some depth as well...
                        Kearney was awful.

Thought beale and kerevi were majestic in midfield. Not that I can find anything wrong with henshaw s performance, but those guys were on another level.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                          Kearney was awful.

Thought beale and kerevi were majestic in midfield. Not that I can find anything wrong with henshaw s performance, but those guys were on another level.
                          Henshaw is looking more like a 12 and Ringrose 13 for me.... I thought Bundee was gassed in the 2nd half but he could have been carrying a knock. It’s always tough on the centres if they take a bit of a knock as they generally have to soldier on especially with Earls gone off.

Comment

Comment

Comment

You can see at each point him slowly thinking 'a kick is that thing you do with the leg, yeah?'
                                What age?

Comment

Waterford for Sam

Comment

Thermometer hit 55 C in the polytunnel
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                      Waterford for Sam
                                      Sam's a Dub m8.
                                      Been here so long he's lost the Kerry accent, loike.

Comment

Comment

This is absolutely humiliating for South Africa.

Comment

not that humiliating!!

that kick from Daly from 61 metres was pretty impressive

Comment

not that humiliating!!

that kick from Daly from 61 metres was pretty impressive
                                              Some turnaround alright! 24-3 down looked like could be 60 by the end. So annoying the way the stadium plays music everytime the ball is kicked out of play.

Comment

I'd heard that a lot of people of your frame of mind were upset about the captaincy but I didn't think you'd be that blatant about it

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  I'd heard that a lot of people of your frame of mind were upset about the captaincy but I didn't think you'd be that blatant about it
                                                  Excuse me?

Comment

Oh I get it you are framing it as being about the game they are winning

Comment

Oh I get it you are framing it as being about the game they are winning
                                                      I was commenting on the score of the game which was 24-3 to England after 18 mins. You seem to be the one feeling the need to comment on the race of the South African captain not me.

Comment

For a man of your moral standards this is a horribly snide post. If you don't want to engage with any of his posts use the ignore function or else don't try to be so smart on innocuous posts.

Comment

...Think it's pretty obvious Jack was talking about the rugby 100%, as they were getting destroyed when he posted it... Also, good use of BBV Jack to get them back into the match... #layoffjack

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                            For a man of your moral standards this is a horribly snide post. If you don't want to engage with any of his posts use the ignore function or else don't try to be so smart on innocuous posts.
                                                            "Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."

TBF I only sat down late in the half @ 20- 22 and for the last weeks certain sections of the media have been very snide about Kolisi getting the job.

But yeah, I was just trying to get a rise out of him

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                              Ah come on i thought this was witty.
                                                              Strewl is one of these people who you meet in real life and hes good craic dosent take himself to serious.
                                                              I think if you beat the drum as Jack does you can expect more than usual abuse- niggling banter.
                                                              Ask any white south africans what they think about a keffir captain and im sure they would be disgusted.

Comment

Well played lads.....

Comment

Apparently that 'Free Tommy Robinson' protest in London has collided with a naked bicycling event to the great horror of participants in both and the great amusement of onlookers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                    Ah come on i thought this was witty.
                                                                    Strewl is one of these people who you meet in real life and hes good craic dosent take himself to serious.
                                                                    I think if you beat the drum as Jack does you can expect more than usual abuse- niggling banter.
                                                                    Ask any white south africans what they think about a keffir captain and im sure they would be disgusted.
                                                                    There is enough niggle in here without inventing some.

Also, white South Africans opinions are not something I tend to seek out, especially on race related issues.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                      The gap in talent is simply astronomical. People may not think it right now because of the nostalgia attached to MJ and his Bulls but that Warriors team will eventually be regarded as the best team since Bill Russells Celtics.

Cavs potential successs is predicated on LeBron playing a point forward role with 4 guys out hence why Love played the 5 spot this year. Drive and dish is their game. It's not pretty as times, Rockets were the same, live & die by the 3 point shot.
                                                                      Warriors just happen to have 4 HOF players on their team potentially 5 if Iguodala can win another couple of championships. They're the next great dynasty, I can't see anyone beating them for as long as Durants next contract is.

Comment

It's got nothing on this:

Watch “We Got Game…The Golden Age of Irish Basketball” on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/62940106?ref=em-share

Genuinely not a bad documentary

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                          It's got nothing on this:

Watch “We Got Game…The Golden Age of Irish Basketball” on Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/62940106?ref=em-share

Genuinely not a bad documentary
                                                                          Seen it before, good show, all fell apart quickly, didn't all go to waste though:

Comment

Another big day for the 7s team in Paris, topped a group with three World Series teams, beating Australia & Spain and drawing with Wales.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                Apparently that 'Free Tommy Robinson' protest in London has collided with a naked bicycling event to the great horror of participants in both and the great amusement of onlookers.
                                                                                Brilliant. Would have been nice to see some tough European cops come and give them boys the battering they deserve. Only thing they'd understand
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

I met Horatio today!!!! Confirmed alive and well. Was so excited dropped my phone call and sprinted over and nearly crushed him with a hug. Poor wife and kids looking on. Lol.

He was in flying form told me he won 4 nights away in a draw in tesco for that football game in Kiev? Wife went shopping he watched the match.

Happy out but clearly doesn't miss us that much
                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Shows Macron was totally psyched out by President Trump's double handshake of him and his wife in Paris and he has been steaming about it for over so long. Brilliant stuff. At least Macron not afraid to get stuck in rather than sit there with fancy socks on.

Comment

Somehow can't see FDR, Churchill and Stalin stewing over handshakes at Yalta....
                                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

When you read of a road fatality, then see it was a 14yo lad, you think young hoodlum, then you open the article, then you realise it could happen to anyone who does something silly at that age. Poor family.

Comment

So Trump imposes tariffs (invoking national security ). Then he goes to the G7 and suggests completely barrier-free trade.

Errrrr. Which is it Donnie?
                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

In a tense session on trade on Friday, European and Canadian leaders had sought to defuse the gathering conflict, rolling out statistics on how many US jobs depended on their countries’ trade and investment and arguing that the US had more barriers to trade than its partners.

The discussion had no effect on Trump
                                                                                            lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              So Trump imposes tariffs (invoking national security ). Then he goes to the G7 and suggests completely barrier-free trade.

...I liked his press conference after the G7... " it should be reciprocal, which means the same"...You just know that he had only learned that word, and felt smart so explained it...

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

It's not so much tariffs as standards where this is obviously a problem.

Comment

Watching the latest episode of Parts Unknown has me more upset than i would have ever imagined.

Strange being upset about someone you dont know passing away.

Rock on Tony !!
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Last edited by DeadParrot; 09-06-18, 21:11.
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                      Watching the latest episode of Parts Unknown has me more upset than i would have ever imagined.

Strange being upset about someone you dont know passing away.

Rock on Tony !!
                                                                                                      He really was a hero. I think it’s much worse when the person or situation is so relatable. His love for food and banter much like yours Ole.

Same thing happened to me here in Canada when that bus of hockey players crashed into a tractor at huge speeds a month ago. Tore the bus apart, lots of young athletes dead.

I didn’t play hockey, nor knew those buckos but fuck me if I can’t relate to the banter on bus tours for sports and how that was the “teams safe place”. Got a bit caught up a few times if I’m honest.

In other news lads, I’m currently in St Johns Newfoundland drinking a Murphy’s at a bar. Haven’t seen Murphy’s in forever. There is a god.
                                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                        lol
                                                                                                        I can't even start to get a handle on the logic anyone with a modicum of cop on is using to get to where they consider this a good thing

Comment

Tyson fury with the most meta walk out ever.
                                                                                                          Beacuse I got high was a master touch
                                                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Fat Ricky Hatton

Comment

...

Comment

... I'd like to apologise to anyone who watched the Tyson fury fight...I wish I could have predicted that so I could warn you not to watch it...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                  All the blue would make you hanker for a dude to rock up in a canary yellow jacket.
                                                                                                                  Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

CM punk about to fight in UFC....
                                                                                                                    it wont last long

Comment

Sorry everyone. fixed now!

Comment

What would I do without you!

Comment

...About fucking time...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X