Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st pattern i can see would be to do with losing UEFA/Europa finals? (although dont know who Milner did it with)

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      1st pattern i can see would be to do with losing UEFA/Europa finals? (although dont know who Milner did it with)
      I saw that too, but Barry Ferguson hasn't lost a UEFA/Europa final I think. Milner lost it with Liverpool didn't he?

Actually, spot on.

Ferguson lost it in 2008 with Rangers

€20 for me
      Last edited by TheJiggaman; 24-05-18, 08:03.

Comment

missed penos?

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
          I saw that too, but Barry Ferguson hasn't lost a UEFA/Europa final I think. Milner lost it with Liverpool didn't he?
          Rangers lost one in Manchester that time they wrecked the place, dont know if he was playing though.

Forgot about that Liverpool final.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            I'm gonna go with 58/42
            58 was the number I had in mind as well funny enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
              Brexit went off 1/10

Yes still 1/7

I don't think many would be brexit level surprised if no went through.
              Brexit was far more liquid than this referendum.
              That's not to say that it should be shorter than 1/7 but it's not really an analogous situation if you're basing anything on price.
              I believe Brexit had approximately 200m matched at one point on the exc

Comment

Article on BBC News.com on the #hometovote phenomenon, obviously they actively aimed for balance so it's hard to judge but they found as many people flying home to vote no as those flying home to vote yes. Just in case anyone thinks the entire movement is people flying into south Dublin with repeal the 8th badges on, looks like there are people flying home and heading to Donegal to vote the other way!

I think it will be an interesting count one way or the other, starting to get a bit excited now. Those of us in Dublin are living a cocoon of 'Yes' so it is hard to imagine the No side having any traction but I imagine those living in rural Mayo or similar feel exactly the opposite?

Comment

I also think we're really underestimating the deep dark underbelly of no voters in the country, think this one is easier to justify for them than the previous referendum. It's easy to have false confidence in Yes when you surround yourself with likeminded normal people and set up your social media world similarly. Polls are also a fugazi for this sort of matter too I find.

I've emotionally hedged no to a point where I'm considering voting no to help it's chances
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Damn - This wasn't the exact answer. It's something to do with the finals mind you

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post

Actually, spot on.

Ferguson lost it in 2008 with Rangers

€20 for me

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                      Silly referendum question

Was it ever on the cards to hold a referendum repeal the 8th ammendment yes/no with a condition if yes won (which it would have in a landslide probably) it would be folllowed quickly by some sort of sort of mulitichoice referendum like

1. no abortion ever
                      2. the odd time
                      3. a bit more than 2
                      4. a decent amount up to 12 weeks or whatever is in the vote now
                      5 a bit more than 4, uk standard
                      6 a bit more than 5
                      7 kill babies fuck yeah

This reminds me of the mooching war widows in the simpsons somehow
                      (I have avoided this stuff as much as possible, have heard bits and pieces on radio)
                      Thats kind of what we are doing with legislation instead of asecond referendum.
                      Something both sides are not emphasising enough IMO is that after yes the legislation is subject to change. If the no campaigners feel that this is the most liberal abortion proposal ever then all they have to do is stand for the Dail and when we the people vote them into power they can change the legislation in any way they wish to.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

LOL @ pisspoor Toby Young

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                            Went for one of those opulent NY Steakhouse dinners with the brother-in-law.

Good Jaysis. Suspect I'll be like a hibernating bear for the next 24hr.
                            Keens the the nuts for this.
                            Kinda place you feel should have Tom Selleck smoking a cigar in
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

The Save the 8th and LoveBoth apps, hosted by the company that ran apps for the Trump and Brexit campaigns, allow personal user data to be shared with an international network of conservative groups.
                              The Save the 8th and LoveBoth apps, hosted by the company that ran apps for the Trump and Brexit campaigns, allow personal user data to be shared with an international network of conservative groups.

If the no side take this....

There's a poster I've only seen in certain areas, ballyfermot and the like.
                              Something like
                              They cherished the children Vote no
                              It's on a tricolour background and has 1916 signatories on it.

The depths that this campaign are willing to go in order to win individual votes is outstanding.
                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 24-05-18, 09:19.
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

There's a poster I've only seen in certain areas, ballyfermot and the like.
                                Something like
                                They cherished the children Vote no
                                It's on a tricolour background and has 1916 signatories on it.
                                Pro life suicide bombers

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                  Article on BBC News.com on the #hometovote phenomenon, obviously they actively aimed for balance so it's hard to judge but they found as many people flying home to vote no as those flying home to vote yes. Just in case anyone thinks the entire movement is people flying into south Dublin with repeal the 8th badges on, looks like there are people flying home and heading to Donegal to vote the other way!

I think it will be an interesting count one way or the other, starting to get a bit excited now. Those of us in Dublin are living a cocoon of 'Yes' so it is hard to imagine the No side having any traction but I imagine those living in rural Mayo or similar feel exactly the opposite?
                                  This, I know a couple of people who are flying home with an intent to vote no. I wouldn't be convinced that hometovote is purely a yes play.
                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

I've seen that 1916 poster around the place, always makes me roll my eyes. Now that you've mentioned it, I wonder if it is targeted in 'republican friendly' areas, will keep my eye out today.

Like any of us should give a fuck what the long dead blood sacrifice/rebellion as a gesture believers of 1916 think. They'd probably be in favour of putting anyone walking around in an English or Scottish football jersey against the wall as well, and those who are not totally behind an 'Ireland is Gaelic' mindset, so let's not look back a century for advice on this one!

It's sorta the same when US conservatives hark back to 'what would the Founding Fathers say'; some great men admittedly but also people who lived over 200 years ago, who were OK with slavery, etc etc... modern society doesn't need to look back like this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                      I also think we're really underestimating the deep dark underbelly of no voters in the country, think this one is easier to justify for them than the previous referendum. It's easy to have false confidence in Yes when you surround yourself with likeminded normal people and set up your social media world similarly. Polls are also a fugazi for this sort of matter too I find.

I've emotionally hedged no to a point where I'm considering voting no to help it's chancesac:
                                      I will find you and I will kill you

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                        This, I know a couple of people who are flying home with an intent to vote no. I wouldn't be convinced that hometovote is purely a yes play.
                                        I would think the home to vote and new registrations will break overwhelmingly for Yes in fairness.

What do people set the over/under at for % Yes vs No on those two groups? Like 30% No would seem very unlikely to me.

Irish Times have the supplementary register at 190k this morning, maybe 10k (?) more coming in from abroad. That would be ~16% of the vote if we get similar turn out to the last ref. Giving No 30% of that leaves Yes with close to a 7 point start.
                                        Last edited by Keane; 24-05-18, 10:35.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          Keens the the nuts for this.
                                          Kinda place you feel should have Tom Selleck smoking a cigar in
                                          A pipe no ?
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

I share the fear lads, but it’s been a long 35 years in which we’ve decriminalised homosexuality; legalised divorce; seen the evils of the Catholic Church exposed; seen mass attendance drop from 90% to the low 40’s; legalised divorce; enacted marriage equality and let women take a more naturally forthright place in society. It’s time. We’re going to do the right thing and do it after a calm, positive and fact based campaign with support across the political spectrum.
                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

'noflakes'.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                I share the fear lads, but it’s been a long 35 years in which we’ve decriminalised homosexuality; legalised divorce; seen the evils of the Catholic Church exposed; seen mass attendance drop from 90% to the low 40’s; legalised divorce; enacted marriage equality and let women take a more naturally forthright place in society. It’s time. We’re going to do the right thing and do it after a calm, positive and fact based campaign with support across the political spectrum.
                                                And, oddly enough given his background, the person who should get the lion's share of the political plaudits is....Enda Kenny.

Well played that man. With a side order of congrats to Joan Bruton too.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

My mother was out to lunch with 6 female friends from school yesterday, and she said all 7 of them are voting no. They are around 68 years of age.

Comment

Take nothing for granted.

This past week has been incredibly positive on te canvas but I cannot shake the lessons learned from Marref that was also overwhelmingly positive and still ended up with almost 40% voting against.

Getting every voter out now is the challenge.
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                      My mother was out to lunch with 6 female friends from school yesterday, and she said all 7 of them are voting no. They are around 68 years of age.
                                                      You know the rule dude !
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

My aul lads missus was nearly in tears at the RTE debate and cant believe it is going to be a Yes vote. She said everyone in her circle of friends are voting No. They have no problem with abortion in certain circumstances (the usual - threat to mothers life/foetal abnormalities/rape etc) but not blanket up to 12 weeks.

They would all be the same age group as your mother.

If women of that generation think that way I'd be pretty confident a lot of men would too.

Comment

The Irish Prison Service are to spend over €500,000 on new gym equipment and Sky Sports TV packages for its prisoners across the country.

The idea is to help them with their rehabilitation and keep them fit and healthy. Also included are new football posts, basketball posts and other sporting equipment.

Is it time to jail all our elderly and our sick, they'd be better off in prison, good food, free health care, dental care, gym , sensory garden, hair cuts, and plenty of courses to pass the time, no wonder there are so many repeat offenders.
                                                          I know ive heard people before joking they need to go to jail for a holiday to catch up on sleep, gym and tv, now i wonder maybe they werent joking.

Surely the money should go towards our health system where its really needed instead of given criminals an easy life.

Comment

^^^

This too shall pass.

Comment

Jail the elderly so they are looked after and can't get out to vote no, I like it!

Comment

Excellent thinking hooch, very smart. Why not bring the death penalty back while you're at it.

Comment

Imagine the logic behind having facilities for prisoners is less about rehabilitation and more about giving them distractions other than getting bored and kicking the crap out of each other and the prison guards

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                    Take nothing for granted.

This past week has been incredibly positive on te canvas but I cannot shake the lessons learned from Marref that was also overwhelmingly positive and still ended up with almost 40% voting against.

Getting every voter out now is the challenge.
                                                                    It's been incredibly positive cos you're in the Dublin bubble. Head to the shticks and try knocking on doors and see what you're met with. Young lad in Ashbourne the other night, just as he was popping a yes leaflet in the letter box i was leaving for training. Asked him why didn't he knock, said people had been so rude and called him names that he had given up and was just posting them.through

You'd expect a yes campaigner to do well in Dublin but when I'm driving round the country there's plenty of no canvassing going on.

Comment

That's an old one from Facebook that hooch has copied and pasted. It made as much sense by morons on Facebook as it does here. None.

Comment

yeah I feel there are a few more of these than people think
                                                                        I'm getting a lot of I'm just sick of this voter fatigue and not gonna bother

Comment

fantastic post from a cousin of mine

Today is my last day caring for pregnant women before tomorrow’s referendum. I hope that the next time I step foot inside the hospital, I will have some peace of mind knowing that the people of Ireland have chosen compassion by repealing the 8th amendment.

As a soon to be qualified midwife, all I want to do is to be able to provide best, evidence based care to women whilst giving them autonomy over their own bodies. The 8th Amendment restricts this.

I come across women from all walks of life. Women seeking asylum, homeless women and those experiencing domestic violence. Women whose babies have been diagnosed with a fatal fetal abnormality, who are miscarrying or have died in utero. Women whose contraception has failed them and find themselves with an unwanted pregnancy. Whilst all these women are in very different situations they should all have one thing in common. The right to choose what to do with their own body. None of us should be making these decisions for them.

Abortion is happening each and every day in Ireland. Voting No and sweeping things under the carpet will not prevent this. Shipping women over to the UK to access abortion is only putting them in extreme danger. Anyone post abortion should feel safe and have the full attention of health care professionals, not vomiting or bleeding on a Ryanair flight.

Repealing the 8th amendment will not mean there is ‘abortion on demand’. No woman wakes up in the morning looking forward to having an abortion.

The United Nations Human Rights Committee called for the laws in our country to change years ago. It is common knowledge that equating the life of a fetus to a sentient woman is backwards. What is stated in our Constitution now undermines the rights of every woman in Ireland.

Have compassion and give women access to free, safe and legal termination. Trust the women of Ireland. REPEAL THE 8TH❤️
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                            It's been incredibly positive cos you're in the Dublin bubble. Head to the shticks and try knocking on doors and see what you're met with. Young lad in Ashbourne the other night, just as he was popping a yes leaflet in the letter box i was leaving for training. Asked him why didn't he knock, said people had been so rude and called him names that he had given up and was just posting them.through

You'd expect a yes campaigner to do well in Dublin but when I'm driving round the country there's plenty of no canvassing going on.
                                                                            I've been in Naas, Navan and Balbriggan in the last 2 weeks. I'm talking with canvassing teams across the country regularly. It's not been easy but they are putting in huge efforts.

At one point two weeks ago there were over 40 canvassing teams outside of Dublin out across the country on one Tuesday night alone.

Some of the teams are very small, but have been out canvassing 6 nights a week for the last 2 months.

I'm expecting it to be close, by the way. But what has been positive is the engagement by the public in the last two weeks, both in terms of volunteering and interacting with leafleting/canvassing/visibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                              The Irish Prison Service are to spend over €500,000 on new gym equipment and Sky Sports TV packages for its prisoners across the country.

The idea is to help them with their rehabilitation and keep them fit and healthy. Also included are new football posts, basketball posts and other sporting equipment.

Is it time to jail all our elderly and our sick, they'd be better off in prison, good food, free health care, dental care, gym , sensory garden, hair cuts, and plenty of courses to pass the time, no wonder there are so many repeat offenders.
                                                                              I know ive heard people before joking they need to go to jail for a holiday to catch up on sleep, gym and tv, now i wonder maybe they werent joking.

Surely the money should go towards our health system where its really needed instead of given criminals an easy life.
                                                                              Think we should invest more in our criminal system, far cheaper in the long run

Comment

like, the rate of being called a murderer has decreased exponentially this week, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                  Excellent thinking hooch, very smart. Why not bring the death penalty back while you're at it.
                                                                                  So you think criminals deserve luxuarys such as sky sports. They are in there for a reason.
                                                                                  I sure you will say it will help with there rehabilitation.
                                                                                  What rehabilitation is been put in place for victims of crime, usually nothing.

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                  That's an old one from Facebook that hooch has copied and pasted. It made as much sense by morons on Facebook as it does here. None.
                                                                                  Old as in tuesday yes
                                                                                  Is the money not best spent in areas where needed instead of making the criminals more comfortable.
                                                                                  As for jail all our elderly and our sick, tongue in cheek alot of case where they cant afford basic needs and not getting enough home help, etc and these criminals dont have to worry about a single thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                                                    So you think criminals deserve luxuarys such as sky sports. They are in there for a reason.
                                                                                    I sure you will say it will help with there rehabilitation.
                                                                                    What rehabilitation is been put in place for victims of crime, usually nothing.

Old as in tuesday yes
                                                                                    Is the money not best spent in areas where needed instead of making the criminals more comfortable.
                                                                                    As for jail all our elderly and our sick, tongue in cheek alot of case where they cant afford basic needs and not getting enough home help, etc and these criminals dont have to worry about a single thing.
                                                                                    The budget from the department of Justice doesn't impact the budget for Health.

Comment

The countries that spend the most on prisoners, their welfare and their rehabilitation have much better outcomes for the whole of society than those that treat their prisoners very badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                        The countries that spend the most on prisoners, their welfare and their rehabilitation have much better outcomes for the whole of society than those that treat their prisoners very badly.
                                                                                        True but they dont have structure here in Ireland like they do in Norway as Denny linked.
                                                                                        So its more of a case of throwing money at it and saying look what we are doing to help their rehabilitation. But its more like putting a big plaster on a burst pipe.

Comment

The country's biggest prison is in Portlaoise, Sky sports subscriptions for all prisoners, MSN gone mad on the blowtox
                                                                                          Coincidence, I think not

Comment

Knee injury, I assume I should bypass the GP and go straight to the sports physio?

Two minutes into my first game of the season and my standing leg (knee) crumbles clearing a ball with no contact. Pretty sure I heard some noise out of it, had to be helped up, can walk (painfully and slowly on it). Hoping this isn't as bad as I think it could be, meant to be golfing Banff Springs Saturday afternoon after the CL final

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                              Knee injury, I assume I should bypass the GP and go straight to the sports physio?

Two minutes into my first game of the season and my standing leg (knee) crumbles clearing a ball with no contact. Pretty sure I heard some noise out of it, had to be helped up, can walk (painfully and slowly on it). Hoping this isn't as bad as I think it could be, meant to be golfing Banff Springs Saturday afternoon after the CL final
                                                                                              won't you need X ray to see if there's any ligament damage? GP would send you in to get one for free whereas i don't think physio can?

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                won't you need X ray to see if there's any ligament damage? GP would send you in to get one for free whereas i don't think physio can?
                                                                                                Thought an x-ray wouldn't show anything regarding the ligaments, assumed if I went to a GP they'd refer me to physio to do a diagnosis and then they'd refer me for an MRI if it's needed? Was hoping I'd be able to skip the GP part.

Comment

Trump meeting Kim = Fake News.

Funny how the fake news brigade never see the real fake news being spewed by the biggest fake news creater.

Comment

Comment

Thought an x-ray wouldn't show anything regarding the ligaments, assumed if I went to a GP they'd refer me to physio to do a diagnosis and then they'd refer me for an MRI if it's needed? Was hoping I'd be able to skip the GP part.
                                                                                                      The effects of ligament damage can be seen on xrays etc but in general you need something like an MRI or CT.

Comment

pretty sure they start with an X ray regardless, then if they need to further assess, it goes to MRI, but either way, GP can refer you for both, whereas a physio can't

Comment

Anyone know how many cigarettes can you bring from Portugal to Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                                            EU Personal usage limit would apply, would be around 3000 cigs before customs in Dublin would query it.

Comment

technically there is no limit as long as you can prove it's for personal use, but 800 is generally accepted as the no questions asked amount

Comment

The most important thing to know when travelling:

The following quantities are generally considered as being for personal use for individuals travelling within the EU:

800 cigarettes
                                                                                                                400 cigarillos
                                                                                                                200 cigars
                                                                                                                1kg smoking tobacco
                                                                                                                10 litres of spirits (whiskey, gin, vodka and so on)
                                                                                                                20 litres of other alcoholic drinks with no more than 22% alcohol (for example, port, sherry and some liqueurs)
                                                                                                                90 litres of wine (of which only 60 litres can be sparkling)
                                                                                                                110 litres of beer.

Comment

Fuck me. Free holiday if I get 3k back. 50 quid for 200 silk cut here and 42 for John player. Thanks m8s.

Comment

Tar where did you get those they are all way too high?
                                                                                                                    Last edited by eamonhonda; 24-05-18, 16:17. Reason: I
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Don't mix brands Chad mate, nothing to make it look like it's not all for you, you'll get away with more that way
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Fuck me. Free holiday if I get 3k back. 50 quid for 200 silk cut here and 42 for John player. Thanks m8s.
                                                                                                                        Any hol I went on when I used to smoke. I brought minimum 3k cigs back. Most was 10k. Never got caught thankfully lol.
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                          Be no point doing it if ya couldn't tweet about it
                                                                                                                          I privately convinced both my parents and 2/3 of my grandparent to switch their vote to yes. I also like to think I convinced quite a few more through conversations etc but even still I was chastised this week because I’ve “posted nothing positive on Facebook to indicate I’m voting yes”.

Personally I don’t see the point in preechinf across a platform that is largely a definite yes anyway. Those who do it as some sort of social gratification are the worst type of cretins

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X