Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zod View Post
    If anyone has any honest undecided queries about their vote next Friday please feel free to send me a PM I'll do my best to answer them.

Nobody levelling me or being a prick, please.
    Fuck off

Comment

Jaysis it's gone faerce quiet in here.

We need more riveting discussion on pensions.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Got myself a Yes badge today in town. Saw tons of people with them, mostly young people but a fair mix.

Saw one person with a No badge. An old man.

There was one American oul lad standing on a soap box on Grafton st telling an audience of four girls in repeal jumpers that abortion was worse than rape.

Other than those 2 one foot in the gravers, no other No people.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
          Jaysus excellent ceremony. Gospel choir fantastic. I'd say the Queen is like a cunt lol.

Must be the most controversial royal wedding ever.
          Pretty sure Madge knew exactly what was going to happen at the ceremony etc. I am sure everything has to be run through her, plus they were using her private chapel at Windsor.

Thought Meghan looked great, makeup so natural and the dress was simple and elegant. I much preferred that dress to Kates.

I thought CNN missed the kiss, didn't realise they were waiting to do it in public instead.

Comment

Very promising poll in the SBP tomorrow, first sign of the No momentum stalling. Or possibly a complete outlier, guess we won't know until Saturday.

Yes 56%, No 27%, UDDK 17%.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
              Very promising poll in the SBP tomorrow, first sign of the No momentum stalling. Or possibly a complete outlier, guess we won't know until Saturday.

Saw some no posters tonight that I hadnt seen before

"If you saw an abortion you would vote no!"

They must be desperate for that to be as low/childish as they going!

oooh icky blood, ucky

+Shows no respect for the people they trying to sway!

Comment

I saw marginally a few more No's than that myself Laz, 2 thirtysomething lads of I reckon Middle Eastern origin with No badges and stickers strolling into one of the factory units at the corner of Parnell/Moore Sts.

Would surely confuse the hell out of either side (as prochoice & immigration is good tend to go together, and pro-life & immigration is bad seem to be a thing also).

Comment

I'm sure you just bet Jack to this.

Comment

I saw marginally a few more No's than that myself Laz, 2 thirtysomething lads of I reckon Middle Eastern origin with No badges and stickers strolling into one of the factory units at the corner of Parnell/Moore Sts.

Would surely confuse the hell out of either side (as prochoice & immigration is good tend to go together, and pro-life & immigration is bad seem to be a thing also).
                    Reminds me of that case before the high court recently where if the result went one way it caused problems for repealing, or went the other way a Nigerian man faced deportation.

Poor cunce were probably tied up in knots over that one.

Comment

What happens if NO wins. We go again in a few years ? I've had my fill of election shocks and polls being way off come voting day Getting a feeling the olwans will come out like the ones who swarmed craggy island looking for Eoin Mclove

Comment

Followed up by Sunday Times, similarly rosy outlook.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 19-05-18, 23:33.
                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                      Conception, when a sperm penetrates an egg.

Isn't that obvious to everyone?
                                      I only found out the other day that pregnancy isn't measured from the date of ovulation or conception

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        Had to have a doc give me benzos the last time due to severe withdrawal. Like crazy withdrawal like you wouldn't believe. Hearing voices in an empty room type stuff.
                                        Careful hitch

Alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs from which to withdraw.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                          How is option 1 solved by reading a 5-page pamphlet?

It is one of the most complex issues put to the electorate in my lifetime and I don't understand how reading a few pages and subsequently firing off a vote just to be part of the process helps the process be better. If I don't think that my vote contributes in a net positive way to an informed outcome then I think abstinence is a pretty reasonable position? Personally, I am aghast that in this day and age such a decision is left to a load of monkeys with typewriters.

Opr
                                          Apologies for the late response. Bif of a mad few days.
                                          1st off the pamphlet is simply an independent guide to what the vote it. Ignorance of the subject isn't really an excuse with all the info out there. It's not all the answers but a good jumping off point.
                                          I'm not really sure I follow your thought process for the 2nd paragraph.
                                          If after absorbing all available information you cannot contribute to an informed outcome? Yes or no the information creates YOUR informed decision.
                                          And as for being aghast that this is a democratic decision, I'm really not sure if I get your point.
                                          This vote enables legislation be written, at present none can as the Constitution forbids it. It's really as simple as that.

My personal perspective is;
                                          Voting no will not make things any simpler or better.
                                          Voting yes will make things easier for some.

No matter which way the vote goes, abortions will still happen.
                                          That's just an undeniable fact.

The difference I want to see is that if any woman or cpuple on this island makes that decision (and fucked if I could make that call on my own) then they can get the necessary care they need before during and after. Right here where she lives. Not sent to another country.

/end of shitty Sunday morning rant.
                                          Last edited by DeadParrot; 20-05-18, 08:29.
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            I only found out the other day that pregnancy isn't measured from the date of ovulation or conception
                                            Yep, a woman is usually at least five weeks pregnant before she knows about it.

Gestational, measured from the date of last period.

Comment

Wonder would this still wash on tv these days....

Comment

In the mood to play some hungover pool, google says the palace is open at 11am but that's hardly right is up? Probably have to go to Ned Kellys?
                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 20-05-18, 09:19.

Comment

Ah I'm grand with it (before you ask). Alcoholism is just something that creeps up on you without you asking. I'm not too afflicted with it as normally don't drink.
                                                  With all your heart issues lately, are you not crazy to be doing this Hitch? you need to pull yourself together and sort this out for you and your families sake. It isn't good for any of you.

You really need help.
                                                  Not trying to be mean, but you have been off on a mad one lately.

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                  Yep, a woman is usually at least five weeks pregnant before she knows about it.

Gestational, measured from the date of last period.
                                                  You are actually not 5 weeks unless you wait a week of no period to check. We count pregnancy from the 1st day of your last period. You ovulate around 14 days after the first day of your last period.

When calculating pregnancy they ask a woman when her LMP was. Last Menstrual Period and it is calculated from there. So most woman will be around the 4 week period when they test, I found out about Aimee a few days before I was due the rag.

Periods are lunar calendar and therefore based on the 28 day cycle which the majority of woman have.

Comment

In the mood to play some hungover pool, google says the palace is open at 11am but that's hardly right is up? Probably have to go to Ned Kellys?
                                                    Walked past the Palace on Thursday evening and it was closed.
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                      Walked past the Palace on Thursday evening and it was closed.
                                                      Yeah, took the retro step of ringing them, they're doing renovations.

Comment

Went to all the trouble of making this and the feckers on the ireland simpsons page took this down cause it had been done before

Comment

Aye was done with chopped and wowburger too
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I appear to be alone on this island in thinking that burritos are rotten.

Comment

******THIS IS NOT A TIP******

There's a horse running in the first race in Naas today @2:05 that 72over used to look after in France, Zoffanyia. Just an FYI, I'm on it big but that's only because the fucker would haunt me for the rest of my days if it won and I didn't lump! It could be a donkey! But sure we've had a bit of craic backing it last night and this morning whether it comes in or finishes last!

Run good horse!

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post

There's a horse running in the first race in Naas today @2:05 that 72over used to look after in France, Zoffanyia. Just an FYI, I'm on it big but that's only because the fucker would haunt me for the rest of my days if it won and I didn't lump! It could be a donkey! But sure we've had a bit of craic backing it last night and this morning whether it comes in or finishes last!

Run good horse!

So you're saying this is a tip and a sure thing. Ok, I'll have my pennies on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                  Truly awful food. Disgusting
                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I've never had a burrito. I just get a bowl whenever I go to boojum. The food is good but I never fancied piling it all into a burrito cos I'm a messy fucker at the best of times

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                      Mexican food.in general?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post

Run good horse!

Great tip. Cheers! On it with the mortgage money

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          I'm not really sure I follow your thought process for the 2nd paragraph.
                                                                          If after absorbing all available information you cannot contribute to an informed outcome? Yes or no the information creates YOUR informed decision.
                                                                          And as for being aghast that this is a democratic decision, I'm really not sure if I get your point.
                                                                          This vote enables legislation be written, at present none can as the Constitution forbids it. It's really as simple as that.
                                                                          Lets say I get check-raised on the river and I have the option of polling a bunch of high stakes professionals on what they think I should do in the spot or I can put it to a vote of everyone who has read supersystem. I know which I would prefer to do. Just because you contribute to the process doesn't mean it is in a net positive way to the outcome. I get why it is done the other way.

If someone comes to the choice that they are abstaining because they are ill-equipped to make a decision or that they have given consideration to the information and still can't find what they feel is the correct decision then I think it is a reasonable stance. This conversation isn't really anything to do with the current issue of abortion. It is more that I find myself on the other side of the fence to you in understanding why someone can make what I feel is a reasonable choice not to vote and in many cases what I feel is probably a better choice than many people who choose to vote.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                            Really isnt.

For example, you can't classify all burgers are crap just because you only tried them at Burger King and found it awful there. There are some genuine awesome burritos, if you had them in LA you would swear they are among the best food around.

Just depends on where you go obv, some are better than others.
                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Never understood the hype at all.

Great business though, selling tiny scoops of cheap meat.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                  Mexican food.in general?
                                                                                  Fish tacos are the best
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

...Have people received their voting cards yet?...I'm in Dublin 12 and none of the family have gotten them yet...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                      ...Have people received their voting cards yet?...I'm in Dublin 12 and none of the family have gotten them yet...
                                                                                      Haven't got mine either but missus got hers. You don't need it anyway, just turn up with ID

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                        Fish tacos are the best
                                                                                        Never had em but I'll trust you on that one. Speaking of fish tho, my neighbour went to Wexford sea fishing and brought back some fresh cod to us. Never gutted and cleaned a fish before but was better than I expected and tasted gorgeous.

Comment

Trying to bring down the number of drinks gradually, as think you're not meant to just randomly stop drinking after an episode ike this as can cause seizures (that was the reason for the benzos from the doc before to stop seizures, but don't have any here).
                                                                                          0969394020

Comment

There was another huge high stakes cash game last night only this time in short deck cash. I haven't watched very much of it as while I am sure it is loads of fun to play it is boring as shit to watch apart from the money involved is huge. The game plays pretty straightforward with just loads and loads of action. The swings though must be insane with equities running so close all the time. They were playing 3k/6k and a few people were already stuck around a million including Ivey and they were about to kick the blinds up to 5/10k.

I am presuming you need a 100m+ to be in anyway comfortable playing this game for these kinds of stakes? I can only assume that most of the people in the game actually have that kind of money as there was nothing but fun and laughing at the table even after some of the Asian players get two outed for million euro pots they take it in great humour.

Opr

Comment

...

Comment

What's that?
                                                                                                AA France. Just in case you need it.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                  Aye was done with chopped and wowburger too
                                                                                                  Aye, was probably a bit obvious. Got nearly 1k likes with my last one so was just looking for another hit

Comment

We got ours on Wednesday.

Comment

Got mine last Wednesday

Yes we leave them on the window ledge
                                                                                                      No we put them away in the drawer

So must to decide

Comment

Happy hurling day everyone

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                          AA France. Just in case you need it.
                                                                                                          Dont think Hitch owns a car.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                            Dont think Hitch owns a car.
                                                                                                            Dont think he will be driving today even if he does!

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Have changed flight to tomorrow, as don't think could have gone today even though I'm a lot better than earlier days. Im getting a dodgy look though from a lot of people as skin is all bloated. Mood has lifted a bit as was far too worried earlier which didn't help anything.
                                                                                                                  So
                                                                                                                  Ah I'm grand with it (before you ask). Alcoholism is just something that creeps up on you without you asking. I'm not too afflicted with it as normally don't drink.
                                                                                                                  Forget that and deal with this:

Asked the hotel guy to track me down mini bar hotels of wine as there was no other drinks in the hotel, he was reluctant but did it. It's a fairly miserable existence being an alcoholic. Was shaking like a leaf before he did it, so think he saw a need to do something.
                                                                                                                  This is the bit you should go with, make this trip the last hitch trip report you ever do

Knock it on the head, the above is an admittance that you really want to!

Good luck!

Comment

...

Comment

I will do!
                                                                                                                      No you won't.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 20-05-18, 14:50.

Comment

I remember a while back you started to get into running. Can you rekindle that?

May just help a little with recovery for you.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X