Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
    ...Barcelona's unbeaten season has gone to shite... Just conceded twice in first 5 minutes of 2nd half... 4-1 down, and they'll need a Messi miracle...
    There'll be no Messi miracle cos he's not even in the squad

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      There'll be no Messi miracle cos he's not even in the squad
      ...That'll explain why I haven't heard his name much since I turned it on... Anyway, 5-1 now and it's well over... Barcelona can't defend for shite...

Comment

...Wowser, game back on... 5-3!!!...

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
          I think it shows just how big he really is when every other golfer is wearing pink today and Tiger says nah I'm going to wear red, deal with it.
          I think they're forced to wear pink because red is Tiger's colour.
          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...Hahaha... 5-4 now, this is unreal!!!...Come on Barca!!!...

Comment

5-4. Just a hattrick for Coutinho and a penalty for jaws

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                5-4. Just a hattrick for Coutinho and a penalty for jaws
                ...And that's the end of that...

Comment

...And that's the end of that...
                  Ah shit. Was waiting on one of you two cunce to post more goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    Ah shit. Was waiting on one of you two cunce to post more goals.
                    ...I did my bit, it was the other cunt that stopped it...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                      yep, really shitty, not for the sensistive types
                      Don’t take it to heart you are a funny witty guy but that is fairly humorless.

Comment

...This has got to be the A level standard for any wedding speech...

Seriously. You have to hear this story.The Graham Norton Show airs Saturdays at 10/9c on BBC America.Subscribe now: http://bit.ly/1aP6Fo9Watch MORE Graham No...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                          Don’t take it to heart you are a funny witty guy but that is fairly humorless.
                          lol, it was in reality hilarious, tis all about delivery. I posted this years ago to the same reaction here so I'm not bovvered obv. I used it 2nd wedding due to the reaction and worked a treat. Anyway, I'm well aware its 2018 and it's a blizzard of snowflakes but sure good luck to ye, tis a serious ol business weddings. I sang a dirty song in the bar later too, terrbile carry on. Love a wedding especially the mass. Not helping ye anymore lads. Mick, hope your own wedding wasnt fucked up by a Mike Bolloxs type, where was my invite ?

Hope Webb collapses and tiger wins here, the internet will break.
                          btw Gentleman Jack is superb stuff, my last bit of advice to ye tipplers, try it.

Joe Holliers await.

Comment

Yo Micknail, what's the craaaack?

Comment

Yo Micknail, what's the craaaack?
                              I wonder does pokerplumber still appear from nowhere when a plumbing issue is posted in bbv?
                              airport, lol

Comment

Ah I told it before. Won a holiday to Seychelles off Lite FM in 2002. We were fairly broke, at the time it was wedding or gaff, had friends spending 30k on weddings then.

Decided to get hitched over there, on the relative cheap so we could buy a home. Told nobody but her Mam and my Dad, he was living in New York at the time, I visited him that summer.

Rang my Mam the morning of the wedding, she was so shocked she asked me was I pregnant.

Met a honeymoon couple the night before while boozing and they were our witnesses, drank with them until the early hours. Wedding was 3pm in fairness. Still in contact.

Got married on a beautiful deserted beach with coconut trees bending down into the water. Pale turquoise water.

Beach was called Baia Lazare.
                                Why didn't you have a church wedding?
                                Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Whats the general craic for Short Deck, seems fairly intriguing.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                    Whats the general craic for Short Deck, seems fairly intriguing.
                                    2 through 5 are removed and the hand rankings are a little different, a flush is higher than a full house and 3 of a kind is higher than a straight. The rest is played out like standard Texas holdem.

Comment

What a week for Israel so far. Proof Europe's most liberal have no problem with them in the Eurovision vote. Now the embassy move. One of their football teams has even added President Trump's name to their name.

Comment

Poor baiting effort, send us a picture when you buy the trump jersey
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Amazon seems to have a good selection of Chromebooks, anyone have a recommendation around a particular one or brand these days? They seem much the same.
                                          Are the touch screen ones good or a bit clunky and shit?
                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            on the bus back to San Sebastian, plenty of singing.

Less said about that game, the better. In defence of both teams, the weather was shit!

Thousands of Clermont fans showing the big heart. Racing a sham and a scam of a 'club'. Another Saracens imo, <2,000 fans in the stadium which was overwhelmingly Leinster. Even the grudging Munster fans.
                                            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Not even the most shook looking Leinster fans grabbing the last flight out of Madrid. Although that could be more to do with the outrageously good lunch we packed for the train trip. Mainly consisting of pork products, goat cheese, olives and bottles of cold Abarino.

Tomorrow will be long. The Longest Day.
                                            Opinion on San Seb? Plan on spending a few days there pre or post BBK festival.

Bilbao is a fantastic little town, really really enjoyed it and couldn't be happier to be returning in 8 weeks. Apart from the borefest that was the match it was a fucking fantastic weekend and delighted I went. Luckily we had the excitement of the challenge cup game.

Flights to Santander, match ticket and accom ending up working out at <€500 which was great considering how late we left it.After spending 5 nights in Puerto Banus the week before it was great to get 3 drinks for the price of 1.

Comment

Mortgage draw down and money handover for house purchase supposed to be going through today.

Probably going to be a stressful couple of days between picking out toasters that match kettles and whatnot. Very much hoping we get the keys as planned tomorrow or early Wednesday so the logistical house of cards I've organised can stay upright.

Will be a nice change working for the bank for the next couple of decades. Using my one time for a period of sustained global economic prosperity and job security. Probably one of the more altruistic one times we've had here over the years tbf

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                With all this rugby talk, went and bought tix for next years final in Newcastle. Great deal tbh, same seat for the 2 finals on Friday and Saturday for £85.

Talk about forward planning
                                                Link?

Comment

Heard an interesting rumour of a snap election being called soon on the back of the cervical smear scandal
                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                    Link?
                                                    a friend of mine had a golden ticket, but general sale starts tomorrow

Official website of the Investec Champions Cup: fixtures, results, pool rankings, videos, news, stats, ticketing info & fan competitions.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      Heard an interesting rumour of a snap election being called soon on the back of the cervical smear scandal
                                                      Zero% chance an election being called before the referendum.
                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Would the referendum be cancelled if there was a snap election?

Comment

Oh not before of course.
                                                          Just something waiting in the wings
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                            Would the referendum be cancelled if there was a snap election?
                                                            No.
                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

The promise of an election soon after the ref would sway some No voters.

If you're sick of it all now, you may want to move abroad for an election campaign if it's repealed. Won't be any other issue debated.

Comment

The promise of an election soon after the ref would sway some No voters.

If you're sick of it all now, you may want to move abroad for an election campaign if it's repealed. Won't be any other issue debated.
                                                                Sway voters to No or away from Nó?

Comment

FF won't want an election fought on the failings of successive governments to get on top of the HSE problem, at least until the heat has gone out of this one because no one who has been in government in the last 30 years has managed to get the better of it.
                                                                  If you were to accept Denny's maxim that facts don't matter and emotions are all that counts, listening to Mary Lou and RTE you would believe that Simon Harris and Leo had been going around giving women cancer.
                                                                  There are a lot of facts about the operation program to be established most crucially the numbers for false negatives from the different labs involved.

Something that no one seems to be willing to say is that if you go back and audit the smears from patients who were subsequently diagnosed with cervical cancer within three years you are going to get close to 100% retrospective categorisation of those tests as false negatives. The most important question then is the scale of human error there was in those readings. Someone is going to have to stand up at some point and deal with the reality that if the every single false negative is to be treated as a criminal matter and deserving of a multimillion compensation/ damages then there will be no choice but to close down the program completely.

Comment

Sway voters to No or away from Nó?
                                                                    Sway to Yes.

The problem with a lot of No voters is they've been mislead. Most have no idea that legislation needs to be debated and passed.

When I've explained this to some their answer is they can't trust current politicians. One said to me that he'd vote Yes if he knew there was going to be an election before legislation was passed.

Comment

Sway to Yes.

The problem with a lot of No voters is they've been mislead. Most have no idea that legislation needs to be debated and passed.

When I've explained this to some their answer is they can't trust current politicians. One said to me that he'd vote Yes if he knew there was going to be an election before legislation was passed.
                                                                      Hmm that's an optimistic view on your side. I would see it as opposite more uncertainty means you have no idea what will come out in legislation in the end. Maybe even in the Canadian model.

Comment

Hmm that's an optimistic view on your side. I would see it as opposite more uncertainty means you have no idea what will come out in legislation in the end. Maybe even in the Canadian model.
                                                                        Or almost definitely in line with EU legislation
                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                          Or almost definitely in line with EU legislation
                                                                          Any element of doubt should fall to No.

Comment

I honestly don't see how that's realistic.
                                                                            If anything the opposite is the case.
                                                                            If you generally err on the No side, if you can conceivably imagine ANY scenario, even one outlandish mad one that sees abortion as an understandable and justifiable viewpoint you have to vote yes.
                                                                            The way is framed currently means that there is no creating legislation, there is no working around it or putting more effort in, no edge case provisions. It's effectively closing the door on the future, again.

Comment

I see Paddy Power has constituency betting up now.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                I honestly don't see how that's realistic.
                                                                                If anything the opposite is the case.
                                                                                If you generally err on the No side, if you can conceivably imagine ANY scenario, even one outlandish mad one that sees abortion as an understandable and justifiable viewpoint you have to vote yes.
                                                                                The way is framed currently means that there is no creating legislation, there is no working around it or putting more effort in, no edge case provisions. It's effectively closing the door on the future, again.
                                                                                The decision for the voters is the one or two extreme cases vs thousands of aborted babies. Will be an interesting result.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                  Opinion on San Seb? Plan on spending a few days there pre or post BBK festival.

Bilbao is a fantastic little town, really really enjoyed it and couldn't be happier to be returning in 8 weeks. Apart from the borefest that was the match it was a fucking fantastic weekend and delighted I went. Luckily we had the excitement of the challenge cup game.

Flights to Santander, match ticket and accom ending up working out at <€500 which was great considering how late we left it.After spending 5 nights in Puerto Banus the week before it was great to get 3 drinks for the price of 1.
                                                                                  San Sebastian is superb. Like in my top 3 of 'best cities'. Bilbao is a bit of a kip by comparison. Although the cold\wet, Wayne Fucking Barnes and shit rugby didn't help. Did have an epic meal after the game in La Barraca.

Beautiful beaches, buildings, food, atmosphere, well-sized. We got a really good airbnb which sealed the deal. Ferry to Santander might get usage next year for a family holiday.
                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

FF won't want an election fought on the failings of successive governments to get on top of the HSE problem, at least until the heat has gone out of this one because no one who has been in government in the last 30 years has managed to get the better of it.
                                                                                    If you were to accept Denny's maxim that facts don't matter and emotions are all that counts, listening to Mary Lou and RTE you would believe that Simon Harris and Leo had been going around giving women cancer.
                                                                                    Had this conversation, on a different topic, with people this weekend.

'of course, Leo Varadkar's very right wing'

me: ' really? what's he done that's so right wing?'

them:' ehhhhh'

Perception really is everything. It's like calling a politician 'arrogant' or 'out of touch'. It means nothing.
                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The decision for the voters is the one or two extreme cases vs thousands of aborted babies. Will be an interesting result.
                                                                                      I like in this sentence how actual grown living walking women are dismissed as 'cases', whilst fetuses are referred to as babies.

Comment

I see Paddy Power has constituency betting up now.
                                                                                        That was available last time I checked which was probably two or three weeks ago, unless they removed it in the meantime.

Comment

Ireland lead a test match, what a time to be alive

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                            Ireland lead a test match, what a time to be alive
                                                                                            LOL

Comment

LOL
                                                                                              What you laughing at? We bowled out the West Indies once for 25 runs. This one is in the bag

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                  That was available last time I checked which was probably two or three weeks ago, unless they removed it in the meantime.
                                                                                                  Spotted any value?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                    I like in this sentence how actual grown living walking women are dismissed as 'cases', whilst fetuses are referred to as babies.
                                                                                                    As soon as we get up the duff, that is it. We are just a bloody vessel till the thing comes out! We are not important. A microscopic bundle of cells is until the moment we give birth. Then we get to be counted again.

Being a woman in Ireland sucks monkey balls.

Comment

Produced for education purposes only. If you like this, check out the new vertical version of this edit. https://youtu.be/FasDZeNAmlk

Comment

Any element of doubt should lead to giving the choice to woman, and not to the state, so each woman or couple can make the decision based on their own situation
                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

Being a woman in catholic Ireland sucks monkey balls.
                                                                                                          But we'll get there
                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Spotted any value?
                                                                                                              No I was only looking out of interest - I honestly wouldn't have a clue how places should be priced up. I would barely trust myself to spot a good gaa bet these days (luckily people still text me looking for my opinion so I come across plenty)!

I did think there were a surprising number of heavy favourite pro-repeal constituencies but again that's based on no expertise whatsoever. A thought that occurred to me was that repeal in Roscommon-Leitrim was likely to be underpriced as you could imagine people making a big effort there not oto be on the wrong side twice if you know what I mean, but not something I'd bother betting on either.

Comment

Mortgage draw down and money handover for house purchase supposed to be going through today.

Probably going to be a stressful couple of days between picking out toasters that match kettles and whatnot. Very much hoping we get the keys as planned tomorrow or early Wednesday so the logistical house of cards I've organised can stay upright.

Will be a nice change working for the bank for the next couple of decades. Using my one time for a period of sustained global economic prosperity and job security. Probably one of the more altruistic one times we've had here over the years tbf
                                                                                                                My logistical house of cards has inevitably collapsed thanks to a clerical error

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  As soon as we get up the duff, that is it. We are just a bloody vessel till the thing comes out! We are not important. A microscopic bundle of cells is until the moment we give birth. Then we get to be counted again.

Being a woman in Ireland sucks monkey balls.
                                                                                                                  Keep doing that and you wont get knocked up

Comment

My logistical house of cards has inevitably collapsed thanks to a clerical error
                                                                                                                    Thats nasty, UL

Is it whole deal down the drain or just more time needed ?

Comment

Thats nasty, UL

Is it whole deal down the drain or just more time needed ?
                                                                                                                      Just a couple of days delay with the draw down due to stupid issue with the direct debit mandates. Still hoping to be in by end of the week but have to try and rearrange things with our landlord, getting stuff delivered to the new place etc.

In fairness the whole process hasn't been all that bad so if we get it all sorted this week we'll consider ourselves fairly lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                        Any element of doubt should lead to giving the choice to woman, and not to the state, so each woman or couple can make the decision based on their own situation
                                                                                                                        In your opinion.

Comment

No I was only looking out of interest - I honestly wouldn't have a clue how places should be priced up. I would barely trust myself to spot a good gaa bet these days (luckily people still text me looking for my opinion so I come across plenty)!

I did think there were a surprising number of heavy favourite pro-repeal constituencies but again that's based on no expertise whatsoever. A thought that occurred to me was that repeal in Roscommon-Leitrim was likely to be underpriced as you could imagine people making a big effort there not oto be on the wrong side twice if you know what I mean, but not something I'd bother betting on either.
                                                                                                                          No Dublin constituency higher than 1.02 for yes.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X