Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I win?

Comment

Thanks GAB, well played NewApproach. Let us know where to ship funds.

Comment

Is there usually streams available for the GAA or is there any Chrome extension that will allow RTE Player to work outside of Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
          Thanks GAB, well played NewApproach. Let us know where to ship funds.
          Thanks, it’s a skill game and ye stood no chance tbh...

Comment

Send on bank details Kev, will ship later. WP.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Machida’s KO of Belfort last night. Just unreal how it’s pretty much the exact same as the Anderson KO of him. All these years and he still stands a perfect distance from a kicker.

Comment

Well done bohsman
                Thanks for running the comp Aj
                Send me details and I will arrange transfer

Comment

This is brilliant, applies to many of our own as well.

Also I see this morning that the catholics have been haranguing people about the eighth amendment while at the same time admonishing priests not to report children being molested.

They haven't gone away you know.
                  Last edited by Keane; 13-05-18, 09:00.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Last night/this morning:

Jorge Linares vs Vasyl Lomachenko

Lomachenko going up in weights again, going for his 3rd world championship division belt in only 12 pro fights.

Linares considered the best fighter at the weight, Linares taller, 2 inch reach and went into ring over a stone heavier

Show!

Comment

Kev/Dom/DP/LL,

Can the Football Predictions vBulletin tool handle the World Cup? Would be good to have a game going and stick a few quid in.

Anyone interested if we can work it?

Comment

Woke up on couch last night with my Chromebook on my lap smashed up, was a long time coming. Where best place to get another one these days?
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              Woke up on couch last night with my Chromebook on my lap smashed up, was a long time coming. Where best place to get another one these days?
                              Saveonlaptops.co.uk

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    Kev/Dom/DP/LL,

Can the Football Predictions vBulletin tool handle the World Cup? Would be good to have a game going and stick a few quid in.

It could if it was working, but it isn't so it can't. I must actually remove it, thought I had already. Pity.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                      Reading The Fifth Season at the moment. It's a great book.
                                      Second book is also excellent

Comment

Comment

Will next years Eurovision have to be moved from its Saturday night slot because of the Sabbath or is that not a thing there anymore?
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Kev/Dom/DP/LL,

...I can try organise a predictions thing...Points for each result/correct score on all matches, and some winner/finalists choice etc...I can set it all up, and once someone gives it a look to make sure it's decent I'll run it each night/morning...
                                            ...People, thank if interested... how many would we need?...

Comment

Patrick Collison makes an appearance on the knowledge project this week for anyone interested:

Comment

Nice touch from the Huddersfield fans giving Wenger a minute's applause at the 22nd minute. Shame it took Wenger over a minute to cop on

Comment

Walked to the pub to work on the best man's speech over a couple of pints. Race endorphins + alcohol = creativity. That's the theory anyway.

Found myself googling South American geopolitics in 2008 as part of a funny story about a lads week in Vegas.

Trust me.
                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Lol Mayo starting early as the singer absolutely butchers the national anthem.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      Will next years Eurovision have to be moved from its Saturday night slot because of the Sabbath or is that not a thing there anymore?
                                                      The 1999 one was held on a Saturday in Jerusalem.
                                                      Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                        Walked to the pub to work on the best man's speech over a couple of pints. Race endorphins + alcohol = creativity. That's the theory anyway.

Found myself googling South American geopolitics in 2008 as part of a funny story about a lads week in Vegas.

Trust me.
                                                        Gave this as advice on here before (and it works better for a single lad) but...

I could do the usual thing and tell you loads of stories about XXXXX, but truth be told, I come out of them way worse than him

...(dependent on couple) Now let me tell you a story about her

Cuts speech in half, saves trying to turn a decent group joke into a room joke and you will reek of if you do it right!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                          Gave this as advice on here before (and it works better for a single lad) but...

I could do the usual thing and tell you loads of stories about XXXXX, but truth be told, I come out of them way worse than him

...(dependent on couple) Now let me tell you a story about her

Cuts speech in half, saves trying to turn a decent group joke into a room joke and you will reek of if you do it right!
                                                          That's kinda the jist of it. Groom 'went missing' (emphasis on going missing) and I found him at a bar discussing politics with a Bolivian barman.

Gonna make a deal out of me telling a 'Vegas story' only for it to end up being harmless.

Gonna end that bit with something like 'I had plenty of other Vegas stories but only realised on the plane that I forgot to pack them'

This particular audience will get I'm joking.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Get some keys . Divvy them out beforehand to various men then when wrapping up speech recall all keys claiming they are the bride's front door key. She's married now lads etc. Oldie but went down well for me 1993 and 2009

Comment

Reading The Fifth Season at the moment. It's a great book.
                                                                  I've read the series.... "great" isnt the word I'ld have used... but good enough to bother finishing it
                                                                  May you live in interesting times!

Comment

That sounds class. What was your best man's speech like?
                                                                    Didn't have one. Got married abroad in secret.

Comment

Sent him a message saying I was working on the speech and was it four ball or four balls?

Comment

Comment

Snatches of quality football and a tense finish in Castlebar
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Ah same as me kinda. Although do tell...!
                                                                            Ah I told it before. Won a holiday to Seychelles off Lite FM in 2002. We were fairly broke, at the time it was wedding or gaff, had friends spending 30k on weddings then.

Decided to get hitched over there, on the relative cheap so we could buy a home. Told nobody but her Mam and my Dad, he was living in New York at the time, I visited him that summer.

Rang my Mam the morning of the wedding, she was so shocked she asked me was I pregnant.

Met a honeymoon couple the night before while boozing and they were our witnesses, drank with them until the early hours. Wedding was 3pm in fairness. Still in contact.

Got married on a beautiful deserted beach with coconut trees bending down into the water. Pale turquoise water.

Beach was called Baia Lazare.

Comment

Yep. Lazare definitely wins the wedding tales comp. Trippie I'd probably just erase your story from memory and never tell it in public m8.

Comment

So you weren't up the pole Lazare?
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                  Last night/this morning:

Jorge Linares vs Vasyl Lomachenko

Lomachenko going up in weights again, going for his 3rd world championship division belt in only 12 pro fights.

Linares considered the best fighter at the weight, Linares taller, 2 inch reach and went into ring over a stone heavier

Show!
                                                                                  that kid is all kinds of special, i barely watch boxing anymore, but he is worth watching.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Jungleman v Phil Ivey very deep HU in the Super High Roller Short Deck game. Might be interesting to some!

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

p.s. in Short Deck, the 2s,3s,4s and 5s are removed. There's also a couple of hand ranking changes where a straight beats a flush for example.

Comment

New Approach, please send on loot shipping fees as well please!

Comment

Strewelpeters wedding was great.

Here is another very old film - the 28mm film gauge was introduced by Pathe around 1912, so we know that this little documentary filmed in Brittany, France w...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                New Approach, please send on loot shipping fees as well please!
                                                                                                He did this morning. Just checked there and you're CC'd on the same message he sent to me. Sent mine earlier through the app so if he sees this, could you confirm please NA

Comment

Ended up all inclusive for the weeks holidays due to circumstances outside my control. Finallly dragging the missus out solo for a proper meal tonight (although the grub has been decent tbf) but its the +ev difference the 55+ yo Brits are getting vs me in the drinking stakes thats irritating me. Free bar is 11-11pm and boy do they make it work. Ive has a dozen rums in a week

The only thing keeping me half sane is the two racks on the childrens entertainment birds.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                    Get some keys . Divvy them out beforehand to various men then when wrapping up speech recall all keys claiming they are the bride's front door key. She's married now lads etc. Oldie but went down well for me 1993 and 2009

That’s really shitty imo

Comment

Mine gotten in himmel the schnitzel is amazing. Possibly the best thing I've ever eaten.
                                                                                                      Check.out the naschmarket if you can. Wonderful place to snack

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                        That’s really shitty imo

yep, really shitty, not for the sensistive types

Comment

I think it shows just how big he really is when every other golfer is wearing pink today and Tiger says nah I'm going to wear red, deal with it.

Comment

Not even the most shook looking Leinster fans grabbing the last flight out of Madrid. Although that could be more to do with the outrageously good lunch we packed for the train trip. Mainly consisting of pork products, goat cheese, olives and bottles of cold Abarino.

Tomorrow will be long. The Longest Day.
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                                              I think it shows just how big he really is when every other golfer is wearing pink today and Tiger says nah I'm going to wear red, deal with it.
                                                                                                              That’s really shitty imo

right girls ?

Comment

Can any of our more experienced golf enthusiasts talk about Greg Norman and Tiger. Was Norman that much better or just like Schumacher etc and more professional in a semi pro era with determination to win.

Comment

I assume you mean Jack Nicklaus. The general consensus is that he played great golf over a long time period, but Woods played the best golf ever in his prime.

Jesus he's doing it again now!

Comment

Jungleman v Phil Ivey very deep HU in the Super High Roller Short Deck game. Might be interesting to some!

The world's most prestigious high-stakes poker tournament series ♠♥♣♦

p.s. in Short Deck, the 2s,3s,4s and 5s are removed. There's also a couple of hand ranking changes where a straight beats a flush for example.
                                                                                                                    Sounds like an ArmaniJeans invention.

Comment

[QUOTE=eamonhonda;1069763]Woke up on couch last night with my Chromebook on my lap smashed up, was a long time coming.

Would you consider you got value for your porn then?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                        I assume you mean Jack Nicklaus. The general consensus is that he played great golf over a long time period, but Woods played the best golf ever in his prime.

Jesus he's doing it again now!
                                                                                                                        You are mostly right but missing the fact that Jack played against some serious hard cases who knew how to win, while (not his fault) there were a lot of flakes (particularly in his presence) about when Tiger burst on the scene!

Comment

...Barcelona's unbeaten season has gone to shite... Just conceded twice in first 5 minutes of 2nd half... 4-1 down, and they'll need a Messi miracle...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X