Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently in Vegas which is class - poker proving the least fun way to do the loots though

Comment

Start the week this week was all about voter fraud, election rigging and the death of democracy.
      very interesting podcast Anne Applebaum's piece was particularly interesting

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
        Currently in Vegas which is class - poker proving the least fun way to do the loots though
        You have to learn how to play craps. Most enjoyable game IMO.
        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Christ this article leaves a load of unanswered questions. Would hate to be involved the whole sorry affair. The club obviously not doing themselves any favors but click bait headline and writing leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Last week, Galway club St Mary’s was suspended from all juvenile hurling and football activity until it complies with the findings of a recent GAA investigation. The hearing followed over a year of claims and counter-claims which have rocked the fabled hurling nursery. The Sunday Independent has been tracking the events which led to such severe sanctions and today brings the inside story of how it came to this
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Its been back for the last 2 weeks !!

I obv missed the memo.

"Danger Zone” by Kenny LogginsListen to Kenny Loggins: https://KennyLoggins.lnk.to/listen_YDWatch more videos by Kenny Loggins: https://KennyLoggins.lnk.to/l...
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Watching a movie tis a bit fucked up. Can't turn it off though. Very weird

https://youtu.be/AAqeFYiV5sY
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Is there any source of information on the average tips earned by waiters/waitresses in Ireland?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                  Is there any source of information on the average tips earned by waiters/waitresses in Ireland?
                  Pretty sure there isn't but why out of interest? Could come up with a small sample size average asking a few people. So many variables in that game and the pay is shite. F&B is easily the worst paying big industry in Ireland.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                    Pretty sure there isn't but why out of interest? Could come up with a small sample size average asking a few people. So many variables in that game and the pay is shite. F&B is easily the worst paying big industry in Ireland.
                    Research.

Comment

I picked up my laptop earlier by the corner of the screen, too hard it would seem as the pixels are fucked there now. What to do?

Less than a year old so there is a warrantee but pretty sure that's just for mechanical/electronic stuff.. So how would I go about getting this fixed without being fleaced as I presume it's either easy or I have to get a new screen?
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                        Christ this article leaves a load of unanswered questions. Would hate to be involved the whole sorry affair. The club obviously not doing themselves any favors but click bait headline and writing leave a bad taste in my mouth.

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gae...-36879150.html
                        The transcript of that conversation with Sean Keane is so illuminating though. It’s someone who is clearly used to people backing down to his bullshit. It’s rare that small town GAA politics stuff gets out beyond the club but I would say is most frightening is how familiar that sort of carry on would be to any club person.
                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

TRUMP TRUMP Turumphhhh

The police in Oslo said they were in contact with the F.B.I. about the forgeries, which suggests that they originated in the United States.

Comment

Emotional stuff on morning Ireland in the last few mins.

Edit - interview now on the website https://www.rte.ie/news/health/2018/...mhic-mhathuna/
                            Last edited by KevIRL; 10-05-18, 08:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                              I called ahead to East Coast Seafoods in Naas to make sure they would have them today. Popped in and picked up a bag of them but was slightly disappointed. I was expecting fresh ones with head on, but they were head off/tails only which pretty much guarantees they were processed and frozen at sea. Got them all the same and they do look great but I am going to continue my search for some "proper" ones over the next few weeks.
                              I’m absolutely sure there’s a chap in Balbriggan that does them. My cousin is mad about “proper” prawns and I distinctly remember him giving my mother a huge bag of prawns with heads and tails on a couple of years back. I’ll see if I can chase the name down and let you know.

Comment

I called ahead to East Coast Seafoods in Naas to make sure they would have them today. Popped in and picked up a bag of them but was slightly disappointed. I was expecting fresh ones with head on, but they were head off/tails only which pretty much guarantees they were processed and frozen at sea. Got them all the same and they do look great but I am going to continue my search for some "proper" ones over the next few weeks.
                                Asian shop on Moore st. Oriental pantry I think it's called. Made a couple of good tom yum soups with the prawns from there
                                airport, lol

Comment

2 wholesalers that do the the best shellfish both fresh and frozen are Glenmar Shellfish and Rockabill (not sure if they sell to GP).

Unless they are still alive they won’t be that fresh and Frozen at sea is a better option
                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

all the fishmongers on the docks in howth would have them. We used to go to Nicky's plaice regularly. fantastic value and great product.

i'm sure you know this but if cooking just the tails, make sure you peel them prior to cooking (personal fav is frying them in garlic butter and chilies). out of this world!!

Comment

Good article Imo
                                      Even in an industry as given to hyperbole as music, we've never seen the like before. Kicking off tonight in Cork, Ed Sheeran plays nine sold-out shows in stadia and parks on this island and more than 400,000 tickets have been shifted. That's one tenth of the entire population of the Republic and he could probably play another few dates at the Phoenix Park and they'd still be clamouring for more.

Comment

And we are back!
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

And we are back!
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

If you hold them by body and twist off the fantail when you pull the tail away if the gut comes sliding out then they are very fresh. If it breaks up or stays it doesn't mean they aren't good to eat but you might want to peel the shell and cut out the remaining gut.

Comment

Have some money coming in having sold some shares, and might have a bit more later in the year. Presume the normal play is to just wait til the end of the year for CGT?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                No its not its a terrible article. Does he really think that Sheerin is the first mediocre pop star there has ever been? He's pointing out stuff about Sheerin that is exactly what pop music is, what it always has been and always will be.

Comment

That Kimmage article is depressing, I had naively thought the GAA had grown out that sort of shite at least when it comes to dealing children and under age teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    That Kimmage article is depressing, I had naively thought the GAA had grown out that sort of shite at least when it comes to dealing children and under age teams.
                                                    To be fair that’s understandable given where you’re based. Kildare have some really superb youth development officers and their Age Grade teams are really well looked after from what I’ve seen.

Kildare are one of the counties who are really really doing it right at underage.

Comment

I thought it was completely blown out of proportion and Should have been handled locally. Every club in the country would have had a similar story down through the years.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                        I thought it was completely blown out of proportion and Should have been handled locally. Every club in the country would have had a similar story down through the years.
                                                        They were giving opportunity to handle it locally. Hard to know magnitude of it without knowing people involved. There's a couple of annoying parents in every club.
                                                        But the fella who sat them down in dressing room and chairman should both be fucked out
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

No its not its a terrible article. Does he really think that Sheerin is the first mediocre pop star there has ever been? He's pointing out stuff about Sheerin that is exactly what pop music is, what it always has been and always will be.
                                                          Oh Yes it is. Read it properly Fr Jack

Comment

Yeah exactly right. Most pop music has always been mediocre. The bad stuff mostly gets forgotten over time.

Comment

That article was incredibly up its own arse.
                                                              I imagine his previous interview with Chrissie Hynde had a huge influence on his framework when writing this.
                                                              He's gone for the low hanging 'its not REAL music' fruit and seems to have completely missed the point of popular music and just appears bitter.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                  Am as much a fan of riding in churches as Laz, but this defense of general Christianity from Jordan Peterson's book is very persuasive.
                                                                  The vast majority of that is, in a practical sense, horseshit.

Comment

Jordan Peterson is a cunt
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Biarritz safely navigated. One down.
                                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                        The vast majority of that is, in a practical sense, horseshit.
                                                                        There is an argument to be made in Christianity's favor, this isn't it.

Comment

DP, SP and HJ up their own arses in relation to the article imo.

So it’s stating the obvious, but his story is current and accurate. This kid is a single act one trick phenomenon. This is unlike what has gone in the past. He has young AND old cooing over him and he’s filling croker night after night. I don’t recall anything like this in the past. We’ve had the teen idols/boybands etc but name something like this worldwide. Michael Jackson? Does he compare? Stop being journo snobs. He is on the money.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                            There is an argument to be made in Christianity's favor, this isn't it.
                                                                            Make it then ? I'm curious , can't look the mudder in the eyes these days . She raised a heathen

Comment

Ed Sheeran is a cunt
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I didn't know this. Tell me more pls.
                                                                                The tails cook really quickly so if you cook them in their shell, they barely have time to absorb the flavors in the pan, and all the butter etc. stays on the outside of the shell.

They're a bit of a pain to peel raw, but definitely worthwhile, and the gut usually comes out quite easily also.

Personally, once peeled, i put butter in a pan, with 3-4 cloves of crushed garlic which i just cook gently for a few minutes, i also add a little bit of crushed chillies for a bit of heat. i then add the tails which i cook at medium heat for a few minutes, tossing and coating them regularly, and I serve them warm.

i'm sure everyone has their favorite way of doing prawn tails, but that's the way i like em.

Comment

...
                                                                                  "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Anybody have any experience with a warranty if the shop has closed down, does the distributor or manufacturer have to help or are you screwed?

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                      I picked up my laptop earlier by the corner of the screen, too hard it would seem as the pixels are fucked there now. What to do?

Less than a year old so there is a warrantee but pretty sure that's just for mechanical/electronic stuff.. So how would I go about getting this fixed without being fleaced as I presume it's either easy or I have to get a new screen?
                                                                                      If there enough dead pixels it should be in the warranty, ask them. Assuming they don't figure out you were the one that fecked it. Try running this to see if any are just temporarily stuck pixels and can be fixed. http://www.jscreenfix.com/fix.html
                                                                                      Also try massaging the area a bit.
                                                                                      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-05-18, 14:51.

Comment

Why so? Thought it was quite convincing (there's a whole chapter on the idea btw - that was just a summarising paragraph near beginning).

Bear in mind the argument he's making isn't about current value of Christianity, just its historic benefit.
                                                                                        Weren't slavery and the divine right of kings justified on the basis of the bible for hundred of years or longer?

The idea that powerful people couldn't lord it over poor morally is bullshit on more than one level. Firstly the trickle down effect of Christ the King -> mortal king -> aristocrats -> plebs - the nobility were literally seen as superior.

On a practical sense the purchase of expensive indulgences explicitly allowed king, aristocrat and wealthy merchant to obtain salvation through worth and lord it morally over the poor.

Improvements have come in spite of Christianity at every turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                          Anybody have any experience with a warranty if the shop has closed down, does the distributor or manufacturer have to help or are you screwed?
                                                                                          Yeah, they have to deal with you, they always did the retailer is just an intermediary between you and them.

Comment

Why so? Thought it was quite convincing (there's a whole chapter on the idea btw - that was just a summarising paragraph near beginning).

Bear in mind the argument he's making isn't about current value of Christianity, just its historic benefit.
                                                                                            His central premise in that extract is just utter tosh.

In effect he is saying that Christianity was the great leveller. That is made the prince and the pauper equal and therefore no moral superiority, as opposed to temporal superiority, arose.

That is just factually and historically horseshit. It's so completely incorrect that it is actually staggering. He is also saying that Christianity was the idea that sparked the idea that slavery was wrong. Well I'm afraid Mr. Peterson may be confusing Christianity with the Enlightenment - an intellectual reformation that was opposed by...wait now... let me think...

Comment

Make it then ? I'm curious , can't look the mudder in the eyes these days . She raised a heathen

The historical benefit of Christianity can be measured in the preservation of art and language along with the creation, patronage and inspiration of the same.
                                                                                              Christianity was quite unique in it becoming the religion of an empire in quite a short time. It created (or bastardized) a shared set of laws, practices and traditions that enabled vastly different cultures to have a common ground in which to meet, worship and ultimately trade.
                                                                                              There is a much more coherent argument of the above in my head but that is the bones of it.

Why peterson's argument fell down for me was the idea that it was the great equalizer. Even within it's own paragraph it dispelled that notion
                                                                                              This was partly accomplished through the strange Christian insistence that salvation could not be obtained through effort or worth—through “works.”
                                                                                              plenary indulgence basically justified heaven through donation and ensured the poor were kept in their place.
                                                                                              One only has to look at the opulence and hierarchal nature of the RCC to see how this equality myth is bunk
                                                                                              Last edited by DeadParrot; 10-05-18, 15:03. Reason: grammar was terrible, can't let kayroo down

Comment

Ooooohhhhh, San Sebastian.

Rather pleasant to say the least.
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

DP, SP and HJ up their own arses in relation to the article imo.

So it’s stating the obvious, but his story is current and accurate. This kid is a single act one trick phenomenon. This is unlike what has gone in the past. He has young AND old cooing over him and he’s filling croker night after night. I don’t recall anything like this in the past. We’ve had the teen idols/boybands etc but name something like this worldwide. Michael Jackson? Does he compare? Stop being journo snobs. He is on the money.
                                                                                                  Please, the whole thing is bollox.
                                                                                                  How is this a critique of music at all?
                                                                                                  Sheeran will still be at large in Ireland until May 19, no doubt dropping around to fans' homes - as is his wont - or bothering invalids in wards up and down the country
                                                                                                  I also don't think he is a one trick pony.
                                                                                                  He's done ballads, shitty rap, pop, an attempt at rock etc.
                                                                                                  How can the argument be he's a one trick pony when the article takes the same withering outlook when commenting on him targeting tracks for different listener demographs?
                                                                                                  I'm not an ed sheeran fan by any stretch but i think the A-Team is a fucking wonderfully written track with some great lyrics and imagery
                                                                                                  The official music video for Ed Sheeran - The A TeamSubtract, the new album, out 05.05.2023. Pre-order: https://es.lnk.to/subtractTaken from the debut studio...

I'm sure you've heard it, but just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    Put 000 into a cell, say A2.

Then type A$2$&B2 and copy your full list down (if you started in B2 for example)
                                                                                                    This added the 0s in front but changed the end digit of each.

convert to text and then concatenate
                                                                                                    This worked.

*1000
                                                                                                    What hitch said, front, not the end.

Thank you all for your input, DP wins this round. Stay tuned for more excel queries over the life of Jibzzzz.

Comment

Please, the whole thing is bollox.
                                                                                                      How is this a critique of music at all?

I also don't think he is a one trick pony.
                                                                                                      He's done ballads, shitty rap, pop, an attempt at rock etc.
                                                                                                      How can the argument be he's a one trick pony when the article takes the same withering outlook when commenting on him targeting tracks for different listener demographs?
                                                                                                      I'm not an ed sheeran fan by any stretch but i think the A-Team is a fucking wonderfully written track with some great lyrics and imagery
                                                                                                      The official music video for Ed Sheeran - The A TeamSubtract, the new album, out 05.05.2023. Pre-order: https://es.lnk.to/subtractTaken from the debut studio...

I'm sure you've heard it, but just in case.
                                                                                                      I've heard it. It terrible just terrible . I'm clearly hearing something different. Listen to Billy Bragg (probably fill the pod for just 1night) then this then back. Then reflect on your wonderful lyrics comment. Your ears won't do what they used to before. Hes overrated . Most musicians can play different genres to a certain level it's about quality . You seem impressed . I'm not .

Comment

I've heard it. It terrible just terrible . I'm clearly hearing something different. Listen to Billy Bragg (probably fill the pod for just 1night) then this then back. Then reflect on your wonderful lyrics comment. Your ears won't do what they used to before. Hes overrated . Most musicians can play different genres to a certain level it's about quality . You seem impressed . I'm not .
                                                                                                        Funny you should mention billy bragg, he really likes the song
                                                                                                        Billy Bragg performing Ed Sheeran's "The A Team" live for Billy Bragg's Big Busk at the Southbank Centre, London on July 28th, 2012.All rights reserved to th...

Comment

1st I fully support the thought behind this song:

song off their upcoming album The Logic Of ChanceVisit their site for details http://www.lesacvspip.co.uk/

2nd Ed Sheeran is dull as shit and anyone who thinks different, buy a new bathroom mirror, current one clearly not working!

Those two viewpoints while they may seem contradictory, are fucking not

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                            I think I saw somewhere that there are 40k eligible voters abroad. I wonder what sort of numbers are likely to travel home and vote?

Say there are another 40k potentially 'ineligible' who might still come home and do it on top.

Would you ever get 10k out of 80k? No idea what a likely number is.
                                                                                                            Agree with this post. The 10k mark could easily be exceeded and no one will ever know.

Comment

Funny you should mention billy bragg, he really likes the song
                                                                                                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYUYCA-prUo
                                                                                                              Gotta pay the bills . He was probably making a point

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                                Agree with this post. The 10k mark could easily be exceeded and no one will ever know.
                                                                                                                The only assertion I made in that was that I haven't a clue!

Comment

In others news lol Ireland . Data centre kaput. Wtf

Comment

In others news lol Ireland . Data centre kaput. Wtf
                                                                                                                    Get your fields joke out of the way m8
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                      Ed Sheeran is a cunt
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                      Jordan Peterson is a cunt
                                                                                                                      Tell us how you really feel.m8.

Both very well made points on the money imo. Wp

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                        Tell us how you really feel.m8.

Both very well made points on the money imo. Wp
                                                                                                                        Ed Sheeran is a a cunt for cunts who don't like music, Jordan Peterson is a cunt for cunts who dont like everything else.
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                                          That's enough of your silliness now.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X