Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Any golfers here ever use GameGolf?

Looks right up my street. Think I’d love it but usually skeptical about things like it

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        For you or as a present? Howth Castle for a present, the setting is fantastic. Dublin Cookery School has some class courses if it's something practical you want to use.
        Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
        i did a half day course at the cooks academy. really enjoyed it. just check out their list of courses and find one that you'd enjoy doing tbh

https://www.cooksacademy.com/

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
        I did a one day course in Dublin Cookery School before and it was pretty good. They have a fairly large range of classes.
        Cheers all I'll take a look. Yeah it's for me I looked online but felt it's type of thing you want to hear from somebody that it's good.
        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
          Any golfers here ever use GameGolf?

Looks right up my street. Think I’d love it but usually skeptical about things like it
          Does it have all the Irish courses? Looks the business but I couldn't justify it for the 10 or so games I get in each summer at this point. Be curious to hear how it goes if you do pull trigger
          airport, lol

Comment

This is the best video for making a good AeroPress, even if it's set in the middle of a woods. Looked at quite a few vids, and this is the technique we use to this day.

https://youtu.be/pmjPjZZRhNQ
            I want to use it in work. Seems like a 2 minute job to sweet, sweet coffee deliciousness. Also a saving in time and money.

Wouldn't be grinding beans in the office obv. but the dude at Coffee Angel will sell me a bag and grind it up.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Can someone recommend a cheap(ish) coffee bean grinder?

ta

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                Can someone recommend a cheap(ish) coffee bean grinder?

ta

If its a hand grinder this is great value

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...coffee+grinder

If its a hand grinder this is great value
                  Cheers!

Not shipped to Ireland but will have a look elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                    Any recommendations for child friendly spot in Portugal for a week or 10 days in June. Kid is 4 so really only want pool in nice area with good restaurants , nice apartment.

Doesn't even have to be Portugal but did marbella last few years so not costa del sol ideally

Cheers
                    Aqualuz in Lagos

Comment

Just in case anyone is watching the BT sport coverage and wondering what the tune they are playing is:

New album, Bright Magic, releasing September 24th, 2021. Pre-order/pre-save now at https://ffm.to/psb_brightmagicSpitfire by Public Service Broadcasting.Tour...

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                        Cheers!

Not shipped to Ireland but will have a look elsewhere
                        Do you not use Parcel Motel at all?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                          Do you not use Parcel Motel at all?
                          Have never had to, only back in country a few weeks

will look into it

Comment

Best App for learning French ?

Comment

Comment

Zuckerberg's hair looks more ridiculous than Trumps

Live coverage and analysis of Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's testimony before a joint hearing of the Senate Judiciary and Commerce committees. Read more: htt...
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                  Dunno, maybe the mass of License to Kill and foetus posters that have popped up in the last week are having an effect.

Think it's going to be way closer than the odds suggest
                                  Yeah I think it's going to be tight for sure. I think the fact that that campaign has raised 280k in half a day is a good sign for the repeal side alright. I doubt if similar would have happened for the marriage equality ref (no idea if there was a similar fundraiser at the time).

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                    Yeah I think it's going to be tight for sure. I think the fact that that campaign has raised 280k in half a day is a good sign for the repeal side alright. I doubt if similar would have happened for the marriage equality ref (no idea if there was a similar fundraiser at the time).
                                    There was definitely fund raising done in a similar manner but don't think it would have pulled in close to that amount in such a short period. Think the marriage equality referendum will have some knock on benefit in having gotten a lot of younger people involved and registered

Comment

Pep found out when it came to the crunch. And only a few weeks ago he said he could see city doing the quadruple. Lol.

Comment

Comment

Does anyone know are u allowed carry a suit bag along with your small case on Ryanair flights

Comment

ah yep. I didn't make it clear. Its more the ideas of:

1. Wetting the paper filter to get it to stick to the lid
                                            2. Keep it upside down - i.e. rest it on its wider base so the coffee spends its time percolating (may not be a word) in that position, and only tipping it over into the squeeze-the-coffee-out position when you are ready to do actually squeeze it out.

The actual instructions say to do it in a weird way that doesn't make sense.

Its phenomenal. Possibly the most amazing invention of all time, and i'm including penicilin in that list. Also gave up on the coffee grinder idea fairly early, as theres enough amazing local grinds out there already.
                                            Agree with both points on how to make it and also the grinding is a pain after a while.
                                            Its worth having if you dont drink much but ill use a 250g bag over the course of 5-7 days so I get it ground on the day, I simply look for the most recent roast as often they'll have ground bags that are a couple of weeks older.

RD3 mentioned coffee angel who are good value, cloudpicker is quite good value too, <8e for a 250g bag in Avoca last time I was there.
                                            Loads of nice ones around for <10e.

I don't particularly like the coffee but for value Nicks Coffee in Ranelagh at 5.50e is hard to beat.

Ps coffee roasters as mentioned, shop local etc.
                                            3fe Malarkey blend is my fav around and Joes coffee sell around German brand the Barn which has a few nice ones.

Coffee is a rip off as it is but seeing people spend their money on Starbucks, Costa, Insomnia(in that order) is brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                              Does anyone know are u allowed carry a suit bag along with your small case on Ryanair flights
                                              I'd imagine they'd get snotty about it if it's a busy flight

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 10-04-18, 23:24.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                  Agree with both points on how to make it and also the grinding is a pain after a while.
                                                  Its worth having if you dont drink much but ill use a 250g bag over the course of 5-7 days so I get it ground on the day, I simply look for the most recent roast as often they'll have ground bags that are a couple of weeks older.

RD3 mentioned coffee angel who are good value, cloudpicker is quite good value too, <8e for a 250g bag in Avoca last time I was there.
                                                  Loads of nice ones around for <10e.

I don't particularly like the coffee but for value Nicks Coffee in Ranelagh at 5.50e is hard to beat.

Ps coffee roasters as mentioned, shop local etc.
                                                  3fe Malarkey blend is my fav around and Joes coffee sell around German brand the Barn which has a few nice ones.

Coffee is a rip off as it is but seeing people spend their money on Starbucks, Costa, Insomnia(in that order) is brutal.
                                                  Have you tried the coffee in that Il Bruscetto place or whatever it's called with the purple facade down by Tribeca? Anytime I got a coffee in there it was the mutt's nuts.

Comment

Meant to mention also, we were at the Wild Honey Inn in Lisdoonvarna again at the weekend and it was absolutely superb again. Around €480 for two nights B&B in their best room plus three course meal with pre and post drinks and wine.

We got great weather for a visit to the Fr Ted house (HH pic of bishop brennan getting kicked up the arse reminded me) and excursions to the cliffs of Moher and Lahinch. Couldn't recommended the place enough for a couple of days in the west.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                      Thanks for posting that Jack, I now know where sick puppy get some of his beliefs from.
                                                      Beliefs you say 🤔

Comment

Meant to mention also, we were at the Wild Honey Inn in Lisdoonvarna again at the weekend and it was absolutely superb again. Around €480 for two nights B&B in their best room plus three course meal with pre and post drinks and wine.

We got great weather for a visit to the Fr Ted house (HH pic of bishop brennan getting kicked up the arse reminded me) and excursions to the cliffs of Moher and Lahinch. Couldn't recommended the place enough for a couple of days in the west.
                                                        The Bridges of Ross down there in Clare are lovely less crowded and really beautiful and more accessible than cliffs of mother .

Comment

Ted Cruz!

Comment

Comment

Pep and Barca in the one night. Class.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                Pep found out when it came to the crunch. And only a few weeks ago he said he could see city doing the quadruple. Lol.
                                                                Any link to him actually saying that?

Doubt he said that a few weeks ago given that they were knocked out of the FA cup in February and he said the complete opposite back in Dec 2017

No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                  Any link to him actually saying that?

Doubt he said that a few weeks ago given that they were knocked out of the FA cup in February and he said the complete opposite back in Dec 2017

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...-win-quadruple
                                                                  It was on motd about a week or so before the Wigan game. Few gifs floating around after also.

Comment

Have you tried the coffee in that Il Bruscetto place or whatever it's called with the purple facade down by Tribeca? Anytime I got a coffee in there it was the mutt's nuts.
                                                                    I haven't actually. There's a new place in Ranelagh across from Nicks, Project Black, nice but expensive.

We're looking at somewhere to go after my exams, that wildhoneyinn looks exactly the place with a few walks around. Herself booked the Mont Blanc walking tour for July. 10 days 1400e including the majority of your meals, seems to be decent value.

Comment

That' mad. Revenue sent me a p21 where I've underpaid them 3.5k

Comment

Ticketmaster n00b here. I've my m8's pre sale code for UFC Liverpool which starts at 10am. Do I need to be signed into his fight pass account to use the code or will I get prompted on ticketmaster to use it at 10am?

Comment

We're going to need more details apart his obviously attractive physical features.
                                                                          See the video CourierCollie posted.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                            Ticketmaster n00b here. I've my m8's pre sale code for UFC Liverpool which starts at 10am. Do I need to be signed into his fight pass account to use the code or will I get prompted on ticketmaster to use it at 10am?
                                                                            almost certain you'll just get prompted in Ticketmaster to use the code to access the presale (that's how it usually works for other presales, so i doubt UFC would be any different)

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                              Does it have all the Irish courses? Looks the business but I couldn't justify it for the 10 or so games I get in each summer at this point. Be curious to hear how it goes if you do pull trigger
                                                                              Ya it pretty much has every 18 hole course in Ireland. Think I'll get it!

Comment

almost certain you'll just get prompted in Ticketmaster to use the code to access the presale (that's how it usually works for other presales, so i doubt UFC would be any different)
                                                                                Yup, it's just through the ticketmaster site. Would have been at that liverpool event with bells on if i wasn't on holidays that week. Was at the one in london a few weeks back, was good fun

Comment

Thanks shrapnel you were bang on. Bagged two tickets. Let's hope there's no major pull outs.

Comment

I asked this before but I didn't get it done and now I'm in a hurry to get some stuff from my Sky box tp my computer.

I have a sky box, scart and hdmi leads and a decent dell laptop with a hdmi connection.
                                                                                    If I need to buy something I'll need to be able to get it up by friday

What to do?
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                      That' mad. Revenue sent me a p21 where I've underpaid them 3.5k
                                                                                      Nasty.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            I asked this before but I didn't get it done and now I'm in a hurry to get some stuff from my Sky box tp my computer.

I have a sky box, scart and hdmi leads and a decent dell laptop with a hdmi connection.
                                                                                            If I need to buy something I'll need to be able to get it up by friday

What to do?
                                                                                            i'm no expert, but i didn't think you could, as the data in encrypted, so you'd still need the viewing card to rewatch it, even on the PC.

Comment

i'm no expert, but i didn't think you could, as the data in encrypted, so you'd still need the viewing card to rewatch it, even on the PC.
                                                                                              Sounds like I need a DVD Recorder or some sort of a TV Capture card, I had expected that I could just plug in hdmi cable to laptop , and rip as it plays but it doesn't seem to be that simple.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                Zuckerberg's hair looks more ridiculous than Trumps
                                                                                                I think it might have been Liam MAckey, it was some music Journo on the radio the other day saying that they believed that every man keeps getting the same haircut he had the last time he was happy.

It's a great line... looks like Zuck hasn't been happy since he was about 8 years old

Comment

Anyone use gaming capture boxes like this one?

The UK's No. 1 electronics specialist. Free UK delivery on orders over £35. Explore our extensive selection of tech essentials including batteries, cables, PC & mobile accessories, cameras, audio equipment, electricals, and storage furniture. Visit us today!

Would that do for me it only lists PC and gaming consoles as compatible devices but it does have HDMI input

I assume the concept with these is that you plug this in line between your console and your monitor/TV, is that right?

Comment

Got one of those before (not sure exactly of the form, you may be on a different one), and all they did to get the money back was adjust future tax brackets rather than require a lumpsum. Same thing in the end obv, but handy cashflow wise.
                                                                                                    Think it might depend on the size of the payment, and I would assume it might even take your average earnings over the past few years into account (total guesswork but would be a good system if so I think )

I know I've paid them five figures via cheque/electronic transfer before, while most years I underpay tax by up to two grand (a result of getting share dividends, which you self declare for tax at the end of the tax year) and those amounts are simply subtracted from the following year(s) tax credit, meaning you pay it off over 12 months automatically.

Comment

Things you wanted to try but never got around to.

My son wanted electric drums for this 14th birthday. I got this Roland td3 kit 2nd hand locally.

He just needs to get me off them now ...
                                                                                                      Attached Files
                                                                                                      sigpic
                                                                                                      Longshotvalue.com

Comment

Originally posted by aidankk View Post
                                                                                                        Things you wanted to try but never got around to.

My son wanted electric drums for this 14th birthday. I got this Roland td3 kit 2nd hand locally.

He just needs to get me off them now ...
                                                                                                        Blue Monday.. On repeat.
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                          Blue Monday.. On repeat.
                                                                                                          Great tune .

Dance with the devil -Cosey Powell the greatest.

Too busy to attach
                                                                                                          Last edited by Solksjaer!; 11-04-18, 13:11.

Comment

Anyone know where I could source these?

They are Wall Mounted clocks with different time zones.. Had them in the old office.. Wanting them here.

Cheers

Comment

For those who still watch poker - live stream from the €100k High Roller in Barcelona: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgmRNCcF8xo

Our ambassador (Bryn Kenney) is the shortstack, so everyone in the office is mentally hoping he sunruns the hell of out it; streamed on a 30 minute delay so could easily be out by the stage and I don't want to message him to wish him luck in case that's happened

Edit: oh and they're currently on the bubble, seven left and six paid...

Comment

"The Defiant Ones" docuseries on Netflix is very good, highly recommend.

"The Defiant Ones" tells of the unbreakable bond of trust and friendship between music legends Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre, two street-smart men from different worlds who together defied traditional wisdom and transformed contemporary culture in the process. Filmed over a three-year period by director Allen Hughes, the four-part documentary traces the rise of two tough kids -- Iovine the son of a Brooklyn longshoreman, Dr. Dre straight out of the streets of Compton, Calif. -- through an unconventional business until their paths crossed in the late 1980s, leading to this unlikely duo brokering one of the biggest deals in music history. In addition to extensive, frank interviews with Iovine and Dr. Dre, the series includes comments by such music icons as Bono, David Geffen, Eminem, Ice Cube, Gwen Stefani, Jon Landau, Tom Petty, Snoop Dogg and Bruce Springsteen. Also featured is never-before-seen footage from a multitude of recording and writing sessions.

Comment

Thread view counter for BBV seems to be stuck at 942,204 for a few days, and new threads don't seem to be going up at all.
                                                                                                                  Not sure if it matters at all - maybe for SEO or the pokerevent spammers might be less willing to ever advertise if they think their threads get ignored.

Comment

This is the best video for making a good AeroPress, even if it's set in the middle of a woods. Looked at quite a few vids, and this is the technique we use to this day.

https://youtu.be/pmjPjZZRhNQ
                                                                                                                    Love the setting so not needed. LOL at the bike scene too.
                                                                                                                    I do mine this way too tbf.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                    I want to use it in work. Seems like a 2 minute job to sweet, sweet coffee deliciousness. Also a saving in time and money.

Wouldn't be grinding beans in the office obv. but the dude at Coffee Angel will sell me a bag and grind it up.
                                                                                                                    I've got one at home where I grind the beans myself with the grinder Brady linked and bought another one for work where I get it off the dude in coffee angel (stick to Forza Gala) or Bear. Bear will grind instantly but coffee angel (assuming it's the van) will take a day.

Solid investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                      I do mine this way too tbf.
                                                                                                                      You're doing it wrong IMO

Upside down has practical advantages.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                                          "The Defiant Ones" docuseries on Netflix is very good, highly recommend.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_defiant_ones/s01/
                                                                                                                          Really enjoyed it
                                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X