Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Dice: you in the West? Heading to that pub we know.
    Ah shit. Watching Ray Darcy with the mother in law here

Well was actually potting away on Stars on the phone hence i hadnt checked here
    Last edited by Dice75; 31-03-18, 22:22.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
      I'm no watching, but I saw this posted.

http://ripple.is/boxing/2268-anthony...-joseph-parker
      Thanks a lot...Don't like boxing...4 hours kip last night...watching on that link.

Comment

Awful fight.

Don't think either fighter has landed a good combination or a decent right.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            Meant to ask about the leg a few times and forgot. Am I right in thinking you've been working from home for a good few months due to this - how is that going? Is it okay with your work that you're away?

(probably not a question for tonight given you're in the middle of watching the fight!)
            I'll give you a full answer tomorrow but its still broken and it's taking forever to sort out

Comment

Imagine paying for this.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                Imagine paying for this.
                Horrific stuff. 28m for Joshua and Parker gets 18m for essentially being broken apart for a half hour.

Comment

Only shot in the whole fight that did damage was when Joshua s elbow cut Parker over the eye.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                    After a generous boosted odds accum from Skybet I fell foul to a banner ad adverisising another one when I went into withdraw.

Know fk all about boxing but somehow have 40 quid on Joshua to win in the tenth, 20/1. I believe the expression is 'one time'
                    Well that was total shite, ref seemed far too picky swell. Got a bit of a sweat at least.

Comment

Comment

Just watched three and a half hours of Andrew Scott's Hamlet, I've sat through episodes of Modern Family that went by slower. Great stuff, Scott was really good and the production had a rocking Dylan soundtrack.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Decent goal from Zlatan on his LA Galaxy debut

Comment

Just finished watching this... Right good

http://youtu.be/9s712UABEv8
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Kid was surprisingly insistent that the Easter Bunny was arriving tomorrow. Which is weird given that we've never ever mentioned anything about an Easter Bunny. She's not even that into chocolate, I think it's just the French entitlement social welfare state has engrained in her that she has rights to a claim on Easter Bunny goodness, and she was going to demand what she was due.
                              Even if you not into religion, why not do the Easter egg stuff? we just had a mini hunt with the little one and she had ball. Even my Muslim friends here do Easter! Oh and Christmas (tree, presents, turkey and all)

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ah, forgot it was April Fools. Nicely played MrsFD.
                                      It's such an important day today, a day for celebration and fun.

Happy April fools day.
                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                        Ah shit. Watching Ray Darcy with the mother in law here

Well was actually potting away on Stars on the phone hence i hadnt checked here
                                        There was still plenty of life left in the evening at that stage! David kicked us out around 2.30
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          It's such an important day today, a day for celebration and fun.

Happy April fools day.
                                          Managed to convince the kids the car was stolen (left it @ pub last night). 999 being dialled before we put a stop to things.

Comment

Absolutely certain that Peterson will say something that's misinterpreted between now and July about gay muslim lesbians, a massive #Idontbelievehim protest gathers outside the location in Dublin, and ye guys are queuing to get in with paperbags covering your heads to avoid the social media scrum going: 'who are these scumbag disciples of neo-Nazi Peterson?'.
                                            I'll be there in a lobster suit
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Meant to ask about the leg a few times and forgot. Am I right in thinking you've been working from home for a good few months due to this - how is that going? Is it okay with your work that you're away?

(probably not a question for tonight given you're in the middle of watching the fight!)
                                              So leg has now been broken since end of november. Unfortunately, mine is not a normal break, you see, 20 years ago i had a bone tumor and about a third of my tibia was removed and a titanium rod was implanted, which replaces the middle part of the tibia and then goes down in the marrow to just above the ankle and on the other side, just below the knee.

what's happened here is that the lower part of the rod has now come loose in the bone, so i can now move the lower tibia independently, which means i can't put any weight on it, as the leg then bends outwards (even though i carried walking on it for 3 weeks which obviously made it a lot worse, and delivered excrutiating pain).

So now, in order to fix it, we need to create a new lower part of the prosthesis, cut 2 or 3 centimetres of bone and reimplant in the lower section (the upper section is fine at the knee end). Because this is a custom implant, it can take months to make to create the piece, and before then i had to do endless scans for measurements and updates. Once the custom implant is made (still no date in sight), i should be operated in the following couple of weeks, then bed ridden for a few more weeks after that for the healing part.

Work has been amazing tbh. Very luckily, our department started a pilot for working from home for the company. Reason being is that we'll be moving offices in 2020, and we'll be looking to downgrade space to 75%, with 25% working from home at any time. Bare in mind this is a global bank, so this is quite a change for such a large organisation, but the company is really committed to change and innovation. All this to say that me working from home has not caused any major issues and my manager has been incredible supportive, and is very happy with my work. I still go in one day a week for meetings etc. which is very manageable.

Still though, no end in sight, and it feels like i've put my life on hold for half a year, and worst part is not knowing when it's going to end.

Comment

There was still plenty of life left in the evening at that stage! David kicked us out around 2.30
                                                Good man. Off to Lough Key. If i hadnt given in to the new 7 seater i could have bailed and watched the racing for the day...

Comment

Racing/Sarries 9/1 away double looks like a good Easter sweat.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                      Racing/Sarries 9/1 away double looks like a good Easter sweat.
                                                      there's a very good special on skybet. lowe and williams both to score anytime 8/1

Comment

Sensational try
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Clermont initial impetus starting to fizzle here.

Comment

Sensational try
                                                            I'd be very worried about Clermont. Every Racing carry now making lots of easy yards.

Comment

I'd be very worried about Clermont. Every Racing carry now making lots of easy yards.
                                                              You'd feel they needed more points on board after the first twenty mins of utter dominance.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

You'd feel they needed more points on board after the first twenty mins of utter dominance.
                                                                Another thing of beauty there.

Munster I'd say are happy enough to be playing either of these tbf. Keep the pace up and these boys will be out on their feet.

Comment

Highly entertaining match.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Highly entertaining match.
                                                                    Clermont gone very unstructured. Either team with a Murray or Sexton wins this easy but they seem to be trying to out-mistake each other.

Comment

That's gotta be forward haha. He threw it a good bit behind the 22 and the receiver caught it on the 22.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Munster will beat this crowd (should have done so in the group stage too).

Comment

Let's go Sarries now!!

Expecting nothing different form usual one of the worst atmospheres in European sport.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Munster will beat this crowd (should have done so in the group stage too).
                                                                            They got lucky yesterday, doubt they beat this team. Hopefully Nigel doesn't ref this time again for the free points

Comment

<crosses fingers for Cronin's lineouts>

Comment

Let's go Sarries now!!

Expecting nothing different form usual one of the worst atmospheres in European sport.
                                                                                Enjoying that noise Sitch?

Comment

link for the Leinster game. ? out with chromebook in tow but cricfree no use

Comment

got one

GFYTS

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                      They got lucky yesterday, doubt they beat this team. Hopefully Nigel doesn't ref this time again for the free points
                                                                                      Yeah and hopefully he spots the forward passes next time too

He was shocking for both teams in fairness, just letting us know he is in fact human.

Comment

Also best of luck with the leg Shrap, sound pretty fucking painful.

Comment

Enjoying that noise Sitch?
                                                                                          You can hear a pin drop there 95% of the time during matches.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

You can hear a pin drop there 95% of the time during matches.
                                                                                            you should go when there's a game on. Personally i prefer anything to the fecking Fields of Athenry

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                              you should go when there's a game on. Personally i prefer anything to the fecking Fields of Athenry
                                                                                              I've been plenty. It's a library.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Ridiculously easy kick from bosch . Just Wow

Comment

I've been plenty. It's a library.
                                                                                                  Those pre-Xmas games can be like that alright. Sounds plenty atmospheric there today though (last year's QF was also pretty noisy - although I was sitting beside a bellowing strewel )

Comment

Chelsea v's Spurs game is like watching Hitler play Stalin at chess and being told you have to support one

Comment

Those pre-Xmas games can be like that alright. Sounds plenty atmospheric there today though (last year's QF was also pretty noisy - although I was sitting beside a bellowing strewel )
                                                                                                      Was at the pre Xmas Exeter game. Very quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                        Was at the pre Xmas Exeter game. Very quiet.
                                                                                                        those matches are for meeting up with yer mates for christmas drinkies.

Comment

Remove the Xmas and you're describing 99% of rugby matches

Comment

Brought my kids as well. Could hear them ask for a hot dog. Listen, love rugby, love Leinster, but they are without a doubt one of the most boring /quietest fan bases ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                              Ah cool, delighted you watched it, it's a great doc.
                                                                                                              No runners finished the 2018 Barkley Marathons. None even made it past loop three. The weather and insane 100-mile course reminded everyone why the race is considered the toughest in the world..

...Fuck Lazare, some difference this year compared to the year of the documentary...No one even came close this year...

Comment

It's a class thing. We've been here before. Teams with a lower class following always make more noise.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

It's a class thing. We've been here before. Teams with a lower class following always make more noise.
                                                                                                                  I don't know if you've ever gone to a Munster game in France but their travelling support is incredibly middle class. Contrary to stereotypes....

Comment

Biggest difference is this game for me is the quality of box-kicking by the No 9s. McGrath invariably doesn't get it far enough or else toofar.

Get in Leavy.

Comment

I don't know if you've ever gone to a Munster game in France but their travelling support is incredibly middle class. Contrary to stereotypes....
                                                                                                                      Not much worse than a Cork/Limerick hoorah Henry!

Comment

Well yeah being middle class they're the ones that can afford to travel, but we're talking about home atmospheres here.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

So i'm getting an 'empty vessels make more sound' vibe here. fair nuff

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X