Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should be noted that the previous Republican incumbent in that district resigned in shame inc encouraging the woman he had an affair with to abort a child in a pregnancy scare. Good chance the electorate was fairly spooked by that local issue.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

My eyesight means alot to me.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            I don't think so. Einstein was so influential across so many different branches of physics. He won his Nobel prize for something most 1st year physics students would struggle to associate him with.
            I was talking in terms of how he'll be remember by laypeople not in terms of contribution to physics. Most laypeople are familiar with Einstein, know his face instantly, they might not know exactly what his contributions are apart from he was a physicist (many might not even know that). Less people would recognise the Curies, Schrodinger, Bohr, Planck. In the future, I expect Hawking to still be quite well know. Partly due to his distinctiveness as well as the accessibility of his work.

Comment

Surely it's more important that he guested on Star Trek TNG, The Simpsons, and TBBT.
              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                Surely it's more important that he guested on Star Trek TNG, The Simpsons, and TBBT.
                He invented the hawking hole too
                SPOILER
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I tried to read The Theory of Everything once, gave up after about 10 pages and just watched the movie instead. Wasn’t great.

Comment

Poetry in motion
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Saccone was a looney tunes character, was the clear main story.
                      just awaiting the presidential tweet:

"Saccone was a weak candidate, a loser, not my choice...."
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                        Should be noted that the previous Republican incumbent in that district resigned in shame inc encouraging the woman he had an affair with to abort a child in a pregnancy scare. Good chance the electorate was fairly spooked by that local issue.
                        Abortion is a 'local issue'?

Wonder how many abortions Trump has sprung for down the years? I'd definitely take the overs anyway. Stormy Daniels has confirmed he prefers the bareback riding and the man himself told Howard Stern he considered avoiding AIDS to be his greatest achievement.

Comment

Journalist and author Lucy Hawking describes what it was like to grow up with Stephen Hawking as a father. From his childhood—where his teachers didn't belie...

Comment

And another one bites the dust!

Just heard Jim Bowan died

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                              And another one bites the dust!

Just heard Jim Bowan died
                              'Let's see what you could have won'

they don't make 'em like that anymore

Comment

Stephen Hawking RIP. Hope Kayroo tells his strip club tale in memoriam.
                                Did I tell that in a well once? He was some man.
                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                  I wonder will they retire the chair ?
                                  Nerd alert. I read this first and thought you meant his Lucasian chair and I was about to post that it had already been passed on to another professor. Lol.
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                    Who you playing with now that you made the move Dobby?
                                    Ratoath Harps in the LSL. Major Sunday 1 I think. Went to a few Ashbourne United training sessions when I moved up and didn't like the coaches or the way they did things. Popped over to ratoath for a few sessions and joined up. Will be playing GAA for Ashbourne. Junior D lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                      Did I tell that in a well once? He was some man.
                                      Not certain about it, though I think it might have been live in the Jackpot.

Comment

I think it's only fair to demand a retelling.

Comment

That actually makes more sense. It checks out as a story because it involves me talking incessantly in a live poker scene

Comment

Lady on the radio this morning discussing Hawking, and wondered aloud 'who will follow in his footsteps'.

Irreverence and brevity is how Irish people deal with death, but think she was a brit.

Also, a piping god has left the planet too.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

Also, a piping god has left the planet too.
                                              Thats shocking, great guy, real class act. Was he even 70?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Nobody gave a shite about Craig Mack but when some famous lad in a wheelchair goes the PC brigade grieves
                                                airport, lol

Comment

That actually makes more sense. It checks out as a story because it involves me talking incessantly in a live poker scene
                                                  Tell us the story plz
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

In 1. An electric kettle.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                      Tell us the story plz
                                                      No no no, it's more of an in-person story. Few too many raunchy details (I know this all seems like I'm anecdote-teasing but still)

Comment

All in favour of banning Kayroo until he agrees to post the story?

Comment

No no no, it's more of an in-person story. Few too many raunchy details (I know this all seems like I'm anecdote-teasing but still)

Comment

CORRECT

Comment

CORRECT
                                                              Where is Kev when you need him with the ban hammer!

Some entertainment tonight would be nice. Thanks!

Comment

He definitely told that story before. Not sure if it was here or the old place though.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  He definitely told that story before. Not sure if it was here or the old place though.
                                                                  Old place by the looks of this.

I'm tempted to try and circumvent the boards deleted bit and get the story by another route.

Comment

First time watching a match on RTE in years

Fuck me, not that he was ever much use to begin with, but George Hamilton is well past it

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                      First time watching a match on RTE in years

Fuck me, not that he was ever much use to begin with, but George Hamilton is well past it
                                                                      When he tried to cover up that he didn't know Coutinho was cup tied was the highlight
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                        When he tried to cover up that he didn't know Coutinho was cup tied was the highlight
                                                                        You could picture Ronnie passing him note as he started to try cover it

Comment

So Trump has appointed a guy who used to spend $100k p.a. on Peruvian marching powder.

Figures.
                                                                          Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 14-03-18, 21:32. Reason: Freudian dick

Comment

So Trump has appointed a guy who used to spend $100k p.a. on Peruvian marching powder.

Figures.
                                                                            Was just as fun when I thought Coke hired him.
                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Deffo would take Conte over Jose .

Comment

Could Trump be on coke himself?
                                                                                It would explain a lot. You'd have to pity Leo walking into a diplomatic minefield in meeting with an incompetent buffoon who is spiralling out of control on several levels.

Comment

...

Comment

Realistically he's on coke though.

Comment

A light entertainment legend.

Obit here.

A buddy of mine does an impression of him that even Jimbo himself would say is uncanny!

Was Bullseye broadcast in the 80s in the Republic? Or would most people who know of through from to the Dave/Gold re-runs?
                                                                                      Last edited by BennyHiFi; 14-03-18, 22:58.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                        Was Bullseye broadcast in the 80s in the Republic? Or would most people who know of him due to the Dave/Gold re-runs?
                                                                                        It was carried by UTV so we saw it on its first run alright.

Comment

Obit here.

A buddy of mine does an impression of him that even Jimbo himself would say is uncanny!

Was Bullseye broadcast in the 80s in the Republic? Or would most people who know of through from to the Dave/Gold re-runs?
                                                                                          Used to be on every week in our house.

Comment

Obit here.

We used to get 20 odd channels on the cable tv network that ran thru the whole town back then, so we had it anyway

A man of many talents who used them for the benefit of others and who had delivered Sligo from two channel t.v. land to multi-viewing, was how Fr. Dominic Gillooly P.P., described the late John Martyn, Tonaphubble, at his funeral mass in St. Anne's Church.

Signal from North used to carry a bit down, not sure how far

He was a jazz fan and for many years he played the trumpet with the Hot Rhythm Orchestra, entertaining guests on the QE2.
                                                                                            imagine going on a cruise, looking up and seeing Bowen in the band
                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 14-03-18, 23:09. Reason: *link

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                              Could Trump be on coke himself?
                                                                                              It would explain a lot. You'd have to pity Leo walking into a diplomatic minefield in meeting with an incompetent buffoon who is spiralling out of control on several levels.
                                                                                              the guy has never even smoked or drank. At what stage do you realise you're being irrational about him?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  Just classic American big ego. If you tell yourself you're great enough times, you don't need coke to think of yourself as a god.
                                                                                                  The whole country looks like it's been on coke since he won

Comment

Great call on Counterpart SP.

3 in a row and i could keep going ! Ill squeeze one more in...

Its feck all like Fringe, love the cold war feel to it.

SPOILER
                                                                                                    Which one are you ? Fuck off !
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                      The back of a fridge strapped to the chimney !
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

God, I hated the old tvs with a passion. Big chunky slabs in the corner of the room, took 4 people to lift it and had buttons with size of coin slots that you had to press to change channels (about 10 channel buttons) and 3/4 of the channels were either static or pictures that were so gainy that looks like static or kept moving from one end to the next as was impossible to tune in properly.

The amount of times we gave it a wack to try get picture was unreal. It was like a punching bag, but still worked.

Kids today havent a clue how good they have it!!
                                                                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Hollibops / Citywest have arrived

Getting away from that shopping centre for 6 days feels like I just won the Lotto!

Roll on tomorrow! I'm on the Pink Gin for those of you who have missed me
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Pink gin is the new wkd fad for women,it's shite. Or the new craft beer or the new I know wines or the new I know how a steak should be cooked or I grew a beard first or I have an iPhone fad for men.

People are stupid.

Comment

Pink gin is the new wkd fad for women,it's shite. Or the new craft beer or the new I know wines or the new I know how a steak should be cooked or I grew a beard first or I have an iPhone fad for men.

People are stupid.

Comment

So good I posted it twice.

Comment

I'm 10 weeks off vino. Gin pink or not.... No hangover drinking less
                                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    Anyone got any good stories about Hawking going clubbing? 😉

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                      It takes me back to my childhood thinking of Bullseye. Both my parents were keen darts players, loved the program and we had a cabinet with a dart board that my dad made and it used to get hung up once a week at least for a game. We all played (Except my little brother) Was great craic.

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                      God, I hated the old tvs with a passion. Big chunky slabs in the corner of the room, took 4 people to lift it and had buttons with size of coin slots that you had to press to change channels (about 10 channel buttons) and 3/4 of the channels were either static or pictures that were so gainy that looks like static or kept moving from one end to the next as was impossible to tune in properly.

The amount of times we gave it a wack to try get picture was unreal. It was like a punching bag, but still worked.

Kids today havent a clue how good they have it!!
                                                                                                                      Our first TV DID have a coin slot in it. AFAIK it was to do with the TV license. It took the 50p sterlings. No idea how often it was filled.
                                                                                                                      In those days or gas had a meter as well, Mum used to stack 50p on top of the gas meter in the hall to make sure we never ran out!

Yeah, kids have NO idea how good they have it

Comment

With Jim Bowen and Stephen Hawking dying on the same day, the game rules haven't changed then... the non darts player still goes first I see!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Mum used to stack 50p
                                                                                                                          What we would have given for a stack!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X