Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
    He consistently over stepped the bounds of the office.
    Examples of this?

I don't think the president should be writing effusive statements praising heads of state that tortured and murdered their citizens even if Higgins likes the guys political ideology.
    Don't disagree with this

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
      There's a very simple solution. Arm the children.
      The full circle approach of arming children to protect them from armed children. Sadly this is actually being thrown around in seriousness in congress.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
              It will deter the lunatic that knows he will be gunned down by cops 5 mins later or spend the rest of his life in jail? I doubt that somehow. He might kill a couple less students, but that will be offset by the amount of students that die from teachers weapons over the year anyway
              airport, lol

Comment

Have a soft spot for a lot of the pro gun memes out there at the moment ,they are hilariously deranged

Last edited by Guest; 22-02-18, 13:54.

Comment

The missing numbers in all these shooting tragedies is the actual teenage perpetrators. These kids mostly die also and these probably needed a great deal of help before losing their minds.

Whilst I agree of course on gun control. Only a bullheaded unfeeling (or at least narrow brained) person would advocate otherwise. More needs to be done on the mental health issues that must be at epidemic levels for these types of attacks to be so prevalent.

Comment

Comment

Trump says a lot of things
                      Lot of lies.

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      He certainly does.

Although seeking to deflect attention away from Russia and politicising murder are not the kind of things that should be said by any responsible leader.

I suspect though Trump needs to hit rock bottom in order for America to come to its senses.
                      Doesn't seem to be a rock bottom???

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                      The missing numbers in all these shooting tragedies is the actual teenage perpetrators. These kids mostly die also and these probably needed a great deal of help before losing their minds.

Whilst I agree of course on gun control. Only a bullheaded unfeeling (or at least narrow brained) person would advocate otherwise. More needs to be done on the mental health issues that must be at epidemic levels for these types of attacks to be so prevalent.
                      Watched this yesterday.

Visit http://TED.com to get our entire library of TED Talks, transcripts, translations, personalized talk recommendations and more.Sue Klebold is the mother ...
                      "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                        Examples of this?

Don't disagree with this
                        That one right there? Or the occasions where he's criticised the gov? I guess no one really minds cause he's left wing, but he's using the office in a way that's entirely unintended.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Anyone giving more that a seconds thought to who should be president is doing it wrong.
                          How much time do you spend posting/tweeting about a president in another country?

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                          Lot of lies.
                          Effective ones though. Think there's a great lesson being missed if one looks at Trump and thinks he's just a dumb lying idiot that keeps constantly getting lucky.

Comment

That one right there? Or the occasions where he's criticised the gov? I guess no one really minds cause he's left wing, but he's using the office in a way that's entirely unintended.
                            The Castro thing was a disgrace imo.
                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I don't know how people can call President Trump a liar, he's probably the most honest president there's ever been. No sugar-coating.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                I don't know how people can call President Trump a liar, he's probably the most honest president there's ever been. No sugar-coating.
                                Can I ask what other forum you frequent to pick up info and the online rules of engagement?.

I've noticed you always are deliberately referring to him as "President Trump" yet its not President Obama or the Honourable George Bush. Hillary doesnt even get a Mrs. when speaking of her, let alone other titles she had/has?.

The reason this stands out to me is because as someone who has met a US president I can tell you I was not sure how to address George Bush and ended up babbling a bit and it has always stuck with me since then.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                  Can I ask what other forum you frequent to pick up info and the online rules of engagement?.

I've noticed you always are deliberately referring to him as "President Trump" yet its not President Obama or the Honourable George Bush. Hillary doesnt even get a Mrs. when speaking of her, let alone other titles she had/has?.

The reason this stands out to me is because as someone who has met a US president I can tell you I was not sure how to address George Bush and ended up babbling a bit and it has always stuck with me since then.
                                  He's the president so I call him the president that's all there is to it. None of the other people you mentioned are president.

Comment

He's the president so I call him the president that's all there is to it. None of the other people you mentioned are president.
                                    I am too lazy to go back and check so I will just ask but did you refer to Barry as "President Obama" before the January 2017? From the time of the election until then was he President Trump for you too?

Also honestly, would love to know what other forum you frequent for the rules of engagement you have?

Comment

insert popcorn gif

Comment

Comment

This is so profoundly stupid and wrong as to defy logic. When you claimed not to be on a wind up it’s posts like these that undermine that statement.

Trump is the President of the United States. As was Obama and Bush. It is common convention to refer to all US Presidents, past and present, as President. So Bush will always be President Bush and Obama will always be President Obama.

It is not such a common convention here. Neither Mary Robinson nor McAleese retain the title in common address. Giving Jack the most generous possible interpretation I would imagine he is applying an Irish convention to an American equivalent. A mixed protocol, certainly, but harmless nonetheless.
                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                            This is so profoundly stupid and wrong as to defy logic. When you claimed not to be on a wind up it’s posts like these that undermine that statement.

Trump is the President of the United States. As was Obama and Bush. It is common convention to refer to all US Presidents, past and present, as President. So Bush will always be President Bush and Obama will always be President Obama.

It is not such a common convention here. Neither Mary Robinson nor McAleese retain the title in common address. Giving Jack the most generous possible interpretation I would imagine he is applying an Irish convention to an American equivalent. A mixed protocol, certainly, but harmless nonetheless.
                                            What has he lied about though? Honestly. He says stuff you might not like but he's not hiding things saying one thing and doing another. The same people who would argue he's the best liar of all time say he's dumb and has a low iq.

Comment

The whole gun control thing just makes me so jaded. Trying to read articles and comment on the whole scenario and I often just have to stop reading it’s so despairing. I’ll attempt to go back then and read more and it’s the same again. I’m so so happy I was raised in Ireland when I was. Every year that goes by makes me happier that I didn’t have to be bombarded with the stuff in the US.
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Irish president and USA president are very different jobs.

One has button to end the world, other has pretty ceremonial role which is kind of like a retirement job for people who have done good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post

This is where I think Jordan Peterson is at his best. Instead of writing them off as random sickos and maniacs, he actually attempts to understand them. This is the first step to reaching them.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

What has he lied about though? Honestly. He says stuff you might not like but he's not hiding things saying one thing and doing another. The same people who would argue he's the best liar of all time say he's dumb and has a low iq.
                                                    Theres a long list. But if I start listing you'll call it all fake news, you'll tell me the lie trump told after the original lie to explain the lie is true. There's no point in this comment really.
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

I'm not sure most people would think they are sick or something is wrong with them naturally. It's endemic of the society that they live in that they occur.

I feel pushing good initiatives like this will help society get past this(poledancing for the elderly to watch in their care homes), probably a direct result of Riggs working with the elderly:

Residents asked for "modern entertainment" but councillors called pole dancing "inappropriate".

Comment

The immigration visa lottery "randomly hands out green cards without any regard for skill, merit, or the safety of American people." Tuesday, January 30th, 2018
                                                        Must be vetted, meet education or work requirements

The Senate seat won in a special election by a Democrat had been "held for more than thirty years by Republicans." Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018
                                                        It was actually 21 years

"Black homeownership just hit the highest level it has ever been in the history of our country." Monday, December 11th, 2017

It's fallen almost yearly since 2004

"We’ve signed more bills -- and I’m talking about through the legislature -- than any president ever."
                                                        Thursday, July 20th, 2017
                                                        Several modern presidents have signed more

Says John Podesta "refused to give the DNC server to the FBI and the CIA. Disgraceful!" Tuesday, July 11th, 2017
                                                        Podesta didn't work for the DNC

"China will be allowed to build hundreds of additional coal plants. So we can’t build the plants, but they can, according to this (Paris) agreement." Monday, June 5th, 2017

Deal compels nothing from either country

"No administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days." Monday, April 24th, 2017
                                                        FDR and others did more

"The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process." Monday, March 20th, 2017
                                                        They didn't say that

Says CNN’s Chris Cuomo "never asked" Sen. Richard Blumenthal about Blumenthal's misstatements on his own service in Vietnam.
                                                        Thursday, February 9th, 2017
                                                        Cuomo did ask about it.

"The murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years." Monday, February 6th, 2017
                                                        This is wrong

Comment

Jack is either an idiot or a troll.

Either way, refuse to be dragged down to his level. What's the +EV?
                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Shortlisted for permanent associate professor interview the week after next. Would be an underdog to get it. After 13 years of contracts, I'd probably go on a Domaine Romanee Conti bender if I somehow manage to wangle it.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                                              The immigration visa lottery "randomly hands out green cards without any regard for skill, merit, or the safety of American people." Tuesday, January 30th, 2018
                                                              Must be vetted, meet education or work requirements

The Senate seat won in a special election by a Democrat had been "held for more than thirty years by Republicans." Wednesday, January 3rd, 2018
                                                              It was actually 21 years

"Black homeownership just hit the highest level it has ever been in the history of our country." Monday, December 11th, 2017

It's fallen almost yearly since 2004

"We’ve signed more bills -- and I’m talking about through the legislature -- than any president ever."
                                                              Thursday, July 20th, 2017
                                                              Several modern presidents have signed more

Says John Podesta "refused to give the DNC server to the FBI and the CIA. Disgraceful!" Tuesday, July 11th, 2017
                                                              Podesta didn't work for the DNC

"China will be allowed to build hundreds of additional coal plants. So we can’t build the plants, but they can, according to this (Paris) agreement." Monday, June 5th, 2017

Deal compels nothing from either country

"No administration has accomplished more in the first 90 days." Monday, April 24th, 2017
                                                              FDR and others did more

"The NSA and FBI tell Congress that Russia did not influence electoral process." Monday, March 20th, 2017
                                                              They didn't say that

Says CNN’s Chris Cuomo "never asked" Sen. Richard Blumenthal about Blumenthal's misstatements on his own service in Vietnam.
                                                              Thursday, February 9th, 2017
                                                              Cuomo did ask about it.

"The murder rate in our country is the highest it’s been in 47 years." Monday, February 6th, 2017
                                                              This is wrong
                                                              I'll leave it there on President Trump in the interests of not dragging the conversation all day. But suffice to say if that's the worst hes done above hes doing alright (most seem like mistakes rather than lies).

Comment

Can someone explain how Ireland are 8point favs over Wales on Saturday?Missing Furlong Henshaw and Henderson. Fucked if Porter gets injured John Ryan will get minced.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                  Can someone explain how Ireland are 8point favs over Wales on Saturday?Missing Furlong Henshaw and Henderson. Fucked if Porter gets injured John Ryan will get minced.
                                                                  It was 12 after the last round of fixtures has dropped to 8 but still seems high.

Comment

watch it through your fingers

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                      If I remember correctly I think a home fixture in rugby is generally worth around 6-7 points.
                                                                      8 points seems about right to me in the Aviva.

Comment

Looking like the Boards.ie weather forums early load shooters could be right about snow next week after all

Comment

Looking like the Boards.ie weather forums early load shooters could be right about snow next week after all
                                                                          Even Met Eireann are saying snow on Wednesday
                                                                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                            I'm not sure most people would think they are sick or something is wrong with them naturally. It's endemic of the society that they live in that they occur.

I feel pushing good initiatives like this will help society get past this(poledancing for the elderly to watch in their care homes), probably a direct result of Riggs working with the elderly:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-dorset-43158115
                                                                            I see your paying for two vegan billboards right beside your gaff.
                                                                            "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

If there was a market on this I'd bet no snow.

Comment

Saw this posted by a woman I know on FB.

Seems like a legit letter. From the NRA

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                  I see your paying for two vegan billboards right beside your gaff.
                                                                                  Uplift put to good use. Those billboards are feckin' massive, they seem to be all over town too. Must be serious amount of money being funneled to them somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                    Uplift put to good use. Those billboards are feckin' massive, they seem to be all over town too. Must be serious amount of money being funneled to them somehow.
                                                                                    Don't be coy

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

...

Comment

LMAO

Arsenal 2-0 down to Ostersunds after 20 minutes.

This club is so funny

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                          LMAO

Arsenal 2-0 down to Ostersunds after 20 minutes.

This club is so funny
                                                                                          cheers fd, wasn't even watching it and now I'm pissed off

Comment

cheers fd, wasn't even watching it and now I'm pissed off
                                                                                            We'll win 4-2 so it will be ok, but sorry for bringing you the pain

Comment

ffs, wasnt watching until later either. might not bother now.

spoiler that shit bro

Fuck it, I'll just go to bed after work and bot bother watching it
                                                                                              Last edited by newbie2; 22-02-18, 20:53.

Comment

Guardian blog - Probably the worst half of football I have ever seen from Arsenal

Comment

Guardian blog - Probably the worst half of football I have ever seen from Arsenal
                                                                                                  I've seen a lot worse tbh. The Swedes are playing pretty well and could be a couple more goals to the good. Arsenal have a lot of the ball, but doing nothing with it. There's also a chance when we have Welbeck and Iwobi up front.......

Thankfully we have a strong bench and can bring on ehhhh, hmmmm, ughhhhh...ffs

Comment

...

Comment

I bought someone Catan a while ago with the Cities & Knights expansion and they love it.
                                                                                                      Birthday coming up and I'm thinking another game.
                                                                                                      What do you(or Tar) suggest?

Preferably a game that's best played with 3 or 4 players and takes a similar length of time to grasp.
                                                                                                      Basically don't suggest Star Wars after you said how long it took to learn.
                                                                                                      I liked the sound of the Alchemist I think it was called.

Comment

I love that self flagellation spirit of Arsenal fans, that mature willingness to accept that sometimes things are shit. It seems to be unique to them in top flight football terms.

None of that peurile tribalistic yawn inducing bullshit you get from Man Utd and Liverpool fans.

It's like it's rugby they're following.
                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                          I love that self flagellation spirit of Arsenal fans, that mature willingness to accept that sometimes things are shit. It seems to be unique to them in top flight football terms.

None of that peurile tribalistic yawn inducing bullshit you get from Man Utd and Liverpool fans.

That's because you don't know enough about football m8.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                            That's because you don't know enough about football m8.
                                                                                                            In fairness, I would struggle to name three players across all three teams but that doesn't mean I'm not exposed to the nonsense.

Also in fairness, I'll credit you with being an odd exception.
                                                                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

...

Comment

I'm guessing that opinion has been formed largely from the Arsenal fan posters on here. Check out the Arsenal Fan TV you tube channel for balance.

Comment

In fairness, I would struggle to name three players across all three teams but that doesn't mean I'm not exposed to the nonsense.

Also in fairness, I'll credit you with being an odd exception.
                                                                                                                  The main crap you see with Liverpool/Utd (which doesn't happen as much here anymore thankfully) is because there are a lot of both around. Arsenal there are a few, but no one else cares much about getting involved as any Spurs fans here don't really post about football (ckid is mostly gone, I don't think Fuzzy Logic posts much anymore)

Liverpool fans when on their own have over the years been full of the morose realities for a long time, although recently it has been entertaining enough to be positive a lot as well thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    Not sure about the budget but Pandemic Legacy (Season 1) is a pure genius of a game. There's a biggish learning process in Alchemists. Pandemic Legacy also has the advantage of being about now as opposed to the fantasy setting of Catan. Takenoko would also show them a bit of the whimsical side to boardgames and it's a great game with very little learning. Pandemic Legacy game 1 is quite straightforward and then gets progressively more devilish. On balance maybe Takenoko for the audience but Pandemic is a better game. The Takenoko artwork is also fantastic. King of Tokyo too for an alternative highly popular Japanese game.
                                                                                                                    Pandemic Legacy sounds like the one. I remember an app on android I was addicted to a few years ago;Plague Inc where you try and make the world extinct.
                                                                                                                    50-60e seems around the budget, thanks for that.

Comment

Black panther really is a bang average film. Reviewers must be afraid they'll be called a racist for saying ought bad about. Michael B Jordan should be in more stuff, best thing about it

Actually just read the Irish times review, it's spot on
                                                                                                                      Last edited by ghostface; 22-02-18, 22:37.

Comment

they will love you for getting them pandemic legacy

Comment

What has he lied about though? Honestly. He says stuff you might not like but he's not hiding things saying one thing and doing another.

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          Saw this posted by a woman I know on FB.

Seems like a legit letter. From the NRA

https://i.gyazo.com/f407702ee24dcb62...f09b30130f.png
                                                                                                                          I seen that being circulated online. I honestly don't see the issue. They are asking a supreme court judicial candidate for his opinion on a extremely current issue. It's reasonable to interpret "No comment" as indifference or silent hostility.
                                                                                                                          The democrats making out that it's terrible to ask political candidate questions is more outrageous imo.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X