Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If (*if*) Scotland get a try, yeah they'll get into it you think. So, so many errors from them, daft - very entertaining game though

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
      Don't see Scotland getting 4 second half tries.
      Well they should have converted the 5m scrum into one in the first half. Both sides look better in attack than defence.
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
        Well they should have converted the 5m scrum into one in the first half. Both sides look better in attack than defence.
        And Wales should have had 2 more, which could cost them. Scotland still in with a decent chance

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
          And Wales should have had 2 more, which could cost them. Scotland still in with a decent chance
          In fairness neither side is great but it’s entertaining.
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

There has been no harm proved to have been caused (or is there anything even suggested) by the presence of good looking women looking attractive at the G1 that I know of. So the argument for harm reduction as a reason for proposing stopping the practice needs more work.
            Do you think it's possible it can play a subtle part in shaping the attitudes of guys like the one I spoke to yesterday?

I believe it does.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Finn Russell wouldn't get a game at any Irish province. Joke player.
              Ah he would with Ulster for the next few months anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                Do you think it's possible it can play a subtle part in shaping the attitudes of guys like the one I spoke to yesterday?

I believe it does.
                Repressing sexuality has only ever driven that sexuality underground, and not 'made it go away'.

Why is this suggestion different this time?

Comment

Finn Russell wouldn't get a game at any Irish province. Joke player.
                  He's off to racing 92 next season.

Comment

He's off to racing 92 next season.
                    Well there ya go. And you wonder why the French national team is muck!

Let's see if Shraaaaaaap bites here....
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Well there ya go. And you wonder why the French national team is muck!

Let's see if Shraaaaaaap bites here....
                      Replacing Dan carter. Like for like loike

Comment

Repressing sexuality has only ever driven that sexuality underground, and not 'made it go away'.

You're right.

I don't view it as repressing sexuality though. I view it as a move towards a change in attitudes.
                        A move to repress the attitude I witnessed yesterday, and have witnessed countless times.

In an ideal world people could enjoy each other sexually without that baggage, don't even know if that's possible.

I enjoy looking at hot women as much as the next guy, I'm no prude. In fact, a couple of years ago I'd most likely be on the other side of the argument. Having daughters has coloured my opinions on it.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          You're right.

I don't view it as repressing sexuality though. I view it as a move towards a change in attitudes.
                          A move to repress the attitude I witnessed yesterday, and have witnessed countless times.

In an ideal world people could enjoy each other sexually without that baggage, don't even know if that's possible.

I enjoy looking at hot women as much as the next guy, I'm no prude. In fact, a couple of years ago I'd most likely be on the other side of the argument. Having daughters has coloured my opinions on it.
                          But why do you believe that removing scantily clad people out of everyday life will lead to that? I'm not against the goall, I'm against the proposed 'cure', because I have zero faith in it working, I absolutely hate the precedent it sets, and I value my liberty far above weird sociological experiments that I could have just watched on TV.

Recall that shame about nudity and sexuality is not universal, nor indeed normal.

I think the argument has perfect parallels in things like teenage pregnancy in Mormon and other super religious places.

Comment

What makes you think that what the lad said to Laz has anything to do with sexuality bizzare .
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

But why do you believe that removing scantily clad people out of everyday life will lead to that?.
                              Thats not whats happening .

Comment

So a shill talentless Irish comedian does weak assed paddy jokes to a baying ignorant audience in the UK

Soon after, 1000's of Irish people in said UK have to put up with "I'm only having a laugh paddy" versions of said joke...

Some of the arguments used against the removal of pit/darts girls on here might look good on the internet when structured into pretty sentences, but they hold no water in the real world!

*No cursing, for Dom!

Comment

Well the fundamental law of rugby remains. Forwards win games and backs determine by how much. Scotland just didn’t have the ball carriers in the tight to earn them the space and time to score.

Nerves building now for Paris.

Comment

Ooohhh and HectorJelly, stop reading the guardians opinion section, your are venturing into parody

Comment

Any thoughts on the profitable trade in selling the remains of aborted babies as been behind a lot of the funding for the abortion lobby?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        What makes you think that what the lad said to Laz has anything to do with sexuality bizzare .
                                        I don't?
                                        In fact I'm suggesting exactly the opposite...

I'm trying to understand why you and he think that 'hiding sex' from everyday life will help change guys like that's opinions?

Comment

Thats not whats happening .
                                          Please continue

Comment

Well the fundamental law of rugby remains. Forwards win games and backs determine by how much. Scotland just didn’t have the ball carriers in the tight to earn them the space and time to score.

Nerves building now for Paris.
                                            Ireland are 2/5 to win this and yet it feels like we are 5/2
                                            am confused

Comment

Emmet when you can pull Excalibur from SPs arse then and only then can you be King.

Comment

Please continue
                                                Lots of people wear skimpy clothes in everyday life and will continue to, no one that I know of other than Islamic extremists are trying to prevent them from doing so.

Comment

Wow, 262 caps for France, 819 for Ireland. That is a very young side

Comment

I received a phone call from a gorgeous ex-girlfriend this morning who called 'out-of-the-blue' to see if I was still around.
                                                    We lost track of time, chatting about the wild, romantic times we used to enjoy together.
                                                    I couldn't believe it when she asked if I'd be interested in meeting up and rekindling a little of that "old magic".

"Wow!" I was flabbergasted.

"I don't know if I could keep pace with you now", I said, "I'm a bit older and a bit greyer and balder than when you last saw me. Plus I don't really have the energy I used to have."
                                                    She just giggled and said she was sure I would "rise to the challenge".
                                                    "Yeah." I said. "Just so long as you don't mind a waistline that's a few inches wider these days! Not to mention my total lack of muscle tone...everything is sagging, my teeth are a bit yellowed and I am developing jowls like a Great Dane!"

She laughed and told me to stop being so silly.

She teased me saying that tubby, gray haired, older men were cute, and she was sure I would still be a great lover.

Anyway, she giggled and said, "I've put on a few pounds myself!"

So I told her to fuck off.

Comment

Spotty French teenage No 10 is about to feel some serious pain.

Comment

Lots of people wear skimpy clothes in everyday life and will continue to, no one that I know of other than Islamic extremists are trying to prevent them from doing so.
                                                        Right. So why do you think taking it off the TV will help?

Comment

Sanchez has given the ball away 32 times for Man U today. That's what's been so frustrating about him the past 12 months. Get used to it!

Comment

Ireland kicking away possession every time in the the French half is shit to watch use your back line ffs

Comment

I look forward to you drawing the line logically between f1 grid girls and 'promotions work', male modelling and general advertising (famous diet coke ad). I am okay with all of them tbh, but am open minded to be challenged on that. The hysterics claim is absolutely fine if you can do that convincingly.

The wedge argument is only a fallacy when it can be shown that there is a difference between the arguments presented.
                                                              Just to clarify - I'm not saying it is hysterical to oppose a central authority of outrage merchants dictating social mores, I'm saying it's hysterical to think such an authority exists and is exerting meaningful pressure on corporations.

Hence, I haven't commented on the fact that you are using a wedge argument - I commented that I think your premise is wrong. I would obviously oppose such a cabal if it was a real thing.

In reality what happened here is that F1/darts realised the public mood is shifting, and that while nobody watches them for the walk on girls, the girls are to some extent estranging a growing segment of their audience. If F1/darts' profits depended to the tiniest extent on the walk on girls, they would give the two fingers to the loons on twitter from here till the end of time.

Do the outrage merchants influence public opinion? Probably. Would the companies remove the walk on girls if the public adored them? Probably (definitely) not.

The fact that outrage merchants complained about walk on girls and that the walk on girls were later removed does not imply that the outrage merchants caused the walk on girls to be removed. Public opinion is the patently the driving force, radical elements influencing that public opinion to some extent again is nothing new.

The notion of a cabal of feminazis on twitter forcing powerful corporations to make changes to their detriment against the wishes of the general population is just not credible.

There has been no harm proved to have been caused (or is there anything even suggested) by the presence of good looking women looking attractive at the G1 that I know of. So the argument for harm reduction as a reason for proposing stopping the practice needs more work.

You and others have started with the premise that it is something weird or perverse. I don't think it is. If you want people to agree, perhaps you should attempt to engage them on it instead of just repeating the premise?
                                                              Ironically despite apparently repeating myself, I haven't said (or thought) any of the above.

I haven't suggested at any point any harm is caused by models or promotions people or walk on girls. I certainly haven't said there was anything weird or perverse about any of them.

I haven't actually given any opinion on the morality of having scantily clad women hanging around sports events. For the record I think the walk on girls are pointless and don't add anything to the events they tend to be employed at, but I don't really have much of an opinion on it.

The idea that we should actively make mistakes as a society instead of thinking about them (feminazis putting dolly birds out of a job as you put it) and avoiding them is bizarre to me. I didn't learn to drive by bumping the car into everything until I discovered what space was.
                                                              This makes glancing contact at best with anything I was getting at.

I said the the perception of feminazis putting dolly birds out of a job is likely to engender more useful and important discussion on these issues than any attempts to engage the public in a calm debate in the absence of any controversy. The fact that in reality this is not what has happened is inconsequential.

Fears of a central authority of outrage merchants forcing puritanical moral codes down the throats of society at large and dictating practice to powerful corporations along the lines of forcing F1/darts to remove walk on girls is very far fetched.

As always, radical elements on left and right influence public opinion to varying levels, but to confuse that with forcing their own version of puritanism on an unwilling public is foolish.

If you have qualms about the direction in which public opinion is being influenced that's obviously a separate argument, and probably a sign you are getting old.

Comment

Without opening another can of worms I do think there's an element of corporate propaganda at work here in trying to convince people that multi-billion dollar transnational corporations are at the mercy of a bunch of college age agitators on social media.

Comment

Earls still has that extra gear !

Comment

Sefton wearing shoulder padding ? Never see that in football. Wuss

Comment

Earls still has that extra gear !
                                                                      Ya he looks very lively just try get him some ball in space. Instead of chasing high kicks full time

Comment

Did well to get out of that 10 mins without giving away points

Comment

Spotty French teenage No 10 is about to feel some serious pain.
                                                                          Yikes. Wasn't actually wishing him injury

That was an awful attempt at a tackle on Aki.

Comment

Yikes. Wasn't actually wishing him injury

That was an awful attempt at a tackle on Aki.
                                                                            He's off for an hia.

Tough defensive battle so far

Comment

He's off for an hia.

Tough defensive battle so far
                                                                              HIA on his knee

Comment

HIA on his knee
                                                                                Was weird. 4th official told them to take him off. Doctor on field said it was just the knee, but Nigel told them to go
                                                                                Last edited by shrapnel; 03-02-18, 17:41.

Comment

Keeping it tight. Hopefully we can find another gear in the second half. A 6 point lead is always dodgy.

Edit: still a much better quality game than earlier despite what the Beeb might have you believe.

Comment

Right. So why do you think taking it off the TV will help?
                                                                                    I dunno, maybe it will help make it so that people like Laz's buddy will feel less like women are objects, fair game to be raped or groped if their clothes are skimpy or they are attractive enough

What the businesses involved are discarding is a particular type of promotional role that to me looks so anachronistic and reeks of Benny Hill level sleaziness that I'm baffled as to why anyone wants to pick this fight.

Call me back when the vegan mob get public display's of meat outlawed or when something worth defending is threatened.
                                                                                    I think I get where you are coming from and what you fear, maybe not but it sounds like MUTBS.
                                                                                    There are very real and active threats to democracy in the air but I don't think this kind of feminism is any part of them.

Comment

Arsenal 3-0 up after 18 minutes and playing superb...even with Iwobi in the team!

Comment

Keeping it tight. Hopefully we can find another gear in the second half. A 6 point lead is always dodgy.

Edit: still a much better quality game than earlier despite what the Beeb might have you believe.
                                                                                        Yeah, low scoring but not at all boring. Market is still way ahead of my level of confidence,hopefully they are right

Comment

So Mrs DIII is away for the weekend and I am in sole charge of the kids. Most people would see this as a problem but I saw opportunity. Invited a friend for each kid to arrive here at 2. Fed them at 4 and set up a 'cinema' in one of the bedrooms showing Coco with plentiful supplies of popcorn and sweets. Not one peep out of them, I'm on my second Anchor Steam and looking forward to this game being over by 60 minutes.

Dad 101 bitches.

Comment

I dunno, maybe it will help make it so that people like Laz's buddy will feel less like women are objects, fair game to be raped or groped if their clothes are skimpy or they are attractive enough

What the businesses involved are discarding is a particular type of promotional role that to me looks so anachronistic and reeks of Benny Hill level sleaziness that I'm baffled as to why anyone wants to pick this fight.

Call me back when the vegan mob get public display's of meat outlawed or when something worth defending is threatened.
                                                                                            I think I get where you are coming from and what you fear, maybe not but it sounds like MUTBS.
                                                                                            There are very real and active threats to democracy in the air but I don't think this kind of feminism is any part of them.
                                                                                            Cool. So you have no argument and instead build straw men over and over again.

You have no idea why taking scantily clad women off TV might help, yet want it done. Grand. Just own your beliefs and be honest.

Like the priests were.

Comment

Need to get some points quickly, these lads will finish strong

Comment

Need to get some points quickly, these lads will finish strong
                                                                                                No they won't. They'll be knackered.

Comment

Cool. So you have no argument and instead build straw men over and over again.

You have no idea why taking scantily clad women off TV might help, yet want it done. Grand. Just own your beliefs and be honest.

Like the priests were.
                                                                                                  Seroulsly WTF?

I just gave an answer, if you don't see its because you can't or don't want to.

Comment

Seroulsly WTF?

I just gave an answer, if you don't see its because you can't or don't want to.
                                                                                                    Women in bikinis on the beach are good
                                                                                                    Women in bikinis on the TV make people think they are sex objects.

Reconcile

Comment

I see 2 guards involved in the BBV's fav missing person case were at the darts last night...

SPOILER
                                                                                                      I wont post it here but they had a sign with "come home Tina" on it. Posted to their own instagram and since removed
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Nigel really doesn't like the French No 5.

Comment

Really is disturbing the effect one poster, BeverlyHills90210 has had on this forum. About time they relaunched 'The Black and White Minstrel Show'. Were people really offended by it?
                                                                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Nigel really doesn't like the French No 5.
                                                                                                            Hes a gobshite, should be worth about -9 points per game .

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              Really is disturbing the effect one poster, BeverlyHills90210 has had on this forum. About time they relaunched 'The Black and White Minstrel Show'. Were people really offended by it?
                                                                                                              I think it’s been awesome.

Brought back the vintage Bbv discussions, some great points from both sides and a lot to thought provoking posts.

More of it I say.
                                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Women in bikinis on the beach are good
                                                                                                                Women in bikinis on the TV make people think they are sex objects.

Reconcile
                                                                                                                Women cleaning the house in their own time are good.
                                                                                                                50s style ads showing that women belong in the kitchen not so much.

Comment

hmmm

Comment

FFS!

Hate when I'm right

Comment

Comment

Yep thats what you'll get

FFS! 5 minutes to save the season

Comment

Loads of time. We'll be grand.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Fuuuuuuuuuucccckkkkkkk

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X