Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
    ...FFS, so they have now gotten rid of the grid girls in formula 1 to add to darts...This whole thing is getting out of hand...Like there is nothing wrong or seedy with women walking in bikinis, and now these are losing income...
    Really? Does the removal of them actually annoy people? I can't see why anyone would care, what difference does it make.
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      If someone really understands it and doesn't accept it then they are a reactionary prick IMO
      Can you or Hectorjelly in your infinite wisdom please explain the rationale to little old me and why I should agree with it?

That would be better than smugly alluding to something.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
        Why are they willing to let Giroud go? Quality back up imo. Are we really going to get him?
        Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
        Dortmund want a replacement and Chelsea won't let their 2nd striker go there on loan unless they get a back up.
        Originally posted by CHDog View Post
        I know all that bit.

Heaps better than Llorente, Crouch, Barnes, Carroll and every other shit player we've been linked to. I don't get why Arsenal would let him go to Chelsea and do arsenal fans want rid?
        Originally posted by premierstone View Post
        Absolutely not, Giroud is horribly under rated imo, any chance ye might take Welbeck?? [emoji16]
        Yep, i like Giroud and think he can be a really good target man for any team. He never fit into the Arsenal way, but always did well when he got a run in the team or thrown in at the deep end. I'd be pretty sure he will leave Arsenal. World Cup is too big for him to be sitting on the bench, and he needs first team ball. Would rather see him go to Everton or something instead of Chelsea, but that's where he will end up. You'll get a player that tries really hard, will chip in with lots of goals and assists and can hold the ball up well. Would be an absolute steal at anything shy of £25m.

Arsenal fans in general love the guy, and I can't think of one person that has said they want him out of he club.

Because if they don't get Aubameyang at this stage there could be rioting at the Emirates. I love Giroud and will be sad to see such a good player leave, especially to bitter rivals. But I'm passed caring that much what they do. I admire Flushdraws commitment, I haven't sat down to watch an arsenal game in months.
        It's torture. Real torture. Every game, i'm hoping that we'll turn up the heat and put in a cracking performance, but it's more likely they are terrible than good. I'm hoping that things will fall into place fo the rest of the season. If we can make a push for 4th place, then next season could be a defining one in Arsenal's history. One time!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          Really? Does the removal of them actually annoy people? I can't see why anyone would care, what difference does it make.
          The problem is who decided they should not be there? Do you think the models that were doing it previously made that decision or someone who was offended on their behalf?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
            The problem is who decided they should not be there? Do you think the models that were doing it previously made that decision or someone who was offended on their behalf?
            Someone who was defended on their behalf I would imagine.
            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
              Yep, i like Giroud and think he can be a really good target man for any team. He never fit into the Arsenal way, but always did well when he got a run in the team or thrown in at the deep end. I'd be pretty sure he will leave Arsenal. World Cup is too big for him to be sitting on the bench, and he needs first team ball. Would rather see him go to Everton or something instead of Chelsea, but that's where he will end up. You'll get a player that tries really hard, will chip in with lots of goals and assists and can hold the ball up well. Would be an absolute steal at anything shy of £25m.

Arsenal fans in general love the guy, and I can't think of one person that has said they want him out of he club.

It's torture. Real torture. Every game, i'm hoping that we'll turn up the heat and put in a cracking performance, but it's more likely they are terrible than good. I'm hoping that things will fall into place fo the rest of the season. If we can make a push for 4th place, then next season could be a defining one in Arsenal's history. One time!
              Supporting Arsenal the last couple of seasons is like supporting Liverpool for the last 25 or so years. This all seems like Wengers last throw of the dice really. If ye finish 6th this season it'll be hard for even him to stick around. I hope he does though, based on recent seasons, and I hope that pochettino leaves spurs and they lose Kane in the summer. Not likely, but would be lovely.

Comment

Video Game soundtracks are excellent for work-time background listening. Assassins Creed for a starting point, then Spotify out from there
                Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

This would be my opinion on it.

If someone really understands it and doesn't accept it then they are a reactionary prick IMO
                  If pushed for an opinion, I personally tend to think that although minuscule, I'm sure it's a long-term benefit to society but as I said I don't particularly care.

I'm just pointing out that I think people can understand the rationale yet disagree with it. You think if they understand it but disagree with it, they're a reactionary prick which I don't tend to agree with
                  Last edited by Guest; 31-01-18, 15:36.

Comment

Objectification is objectionable.
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      Fantastic, thanks indeed.
                      I edited that post, it was John Elliot Gardner I intended to recommend for the cantatas

He did the complete set a few years ago and it looks like they are all there

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                        ...FFS, so they have now gotten rid of the grid girls in formula 1 to add to darts...This whole thing is getting out of hand...Like there is nothing wrong or seedy with women walking in bikinis, and now these are losing income...
                        Jealous women gonna jealous. Awful for the ladies in question. How dare they exploit their natural talents to earn money.

Comment

Where's the line on this one? Should glamour modelling be banned? Fashion modelling? Or are you happy with the difference between that and objectifying for horny sports fans?
                          airport, lol

Comment

Don't feed the troll.
                            "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Get a load of this guy!!!

#makeCHADviral
                              "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                              "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Tv3 has been upgraded to HD in time for the 6 nations. About time too. Was always a pain in the hole watching Champions league in HD on rte and having to suffer through SD on tv3 then. Makes a big difference to picture quality

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                  Get a load of this guy!!!

#makeCHADviral
                                  If he didn't write yous...

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                    I suspect people understand the rationale perfectly well. It's a case of whether they agree with the rationale.
                                    I'm not so sure. I think a mention of pay pretty much disqualifies you from it

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                      It has nothing to do with the models in question, jack is latest post on the subject shows that he doesn't get it.

It's about creating a world where women and men are treated equally, and respected (and judged) for their abilities and achievements, not for their looks. When children see the male F1 champion being presented with the trophy by half naked women, it says to the boy - work hard and you can be f1 champion. To the girl it says - look pretty and you can make money by exposing cleavage.

Comment

That's a subjective opinion

Comment

Serious question. Are women just not allowed to do it now for their own good? I don't give two hoots either way and get the fact that it is generally crude and cringey, but when the women involved genuinely choose to do it knowing how they are perceived, why does it matter?

Comment

You've missed the point, it isn't being stopped to protect the women in question, but the optics of it for the rest of society.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              Tv3 has been upgraded to HD in time for the 6 nations. About time too. Was always a pain in the hole watching Champions league in HD on rte and having to suffer through SD on tv3 then. Makes a big difference to picture quality
                                              It has been HD for ages. Are you on virgin media or something? They might not have had the HD channel, but been like that on sky anyhow for at least a year.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                It has been HD for ages. Are you on virgin media or something? They might not have had the HD channel, but been like that on sky anyhow for at least a year.
                                                Yeah virgin. Only happened recently. Which is kinda ironic seeing as virgin own tv3 for the last while

Comment

You've missed the point, it isn't being stopped to protect the women in question, but the optics of it for the rest of society.
                                                  Should individuals not be able to choose to still do it though if they want? Being a model like that is still something some women want to be. Possibly for the reasons you outlined, but still. If there turned out to be a market for men doing similar (and I'm sure there is, bit much smaller) will that be allowed because men can be the racing driver too?

Comment

You are 100% correct. But the whole world (well that of it on Social Media) has gone mad in general altogether.

Comment

Serious question. Are women just not allowed to do it now for their own good? I don't give two hoots either way and get the fact that it is generally crude and cringey, but when the women involved genuinely choose to do it knowing how they are perceived, why does it matter?

All this outrage /pontification is mildly amusing . Its a womans world , wish theyd clean it

Comment

It has nothing to do with the models in question, jack is latest post on the subject shows that he doesn't get it.

It's about creating a world where women and men are treated equally, and respected (and judged) for their abilities and achievements, not for their looks. When children see the male F1 champion being presented with the trophy by half naked women, it says to the boy - work hard and you can be f1 champion. To the girl it says - look pretty and you can make money by exposing cleavage.
                                                        No, no it doesn't in my opinion. Personally speaking I've no issue with them removing the models as they've no bearing on why I watch a sport but I completely dispute your position on what children think when they watch something. We put our own views on what people perceive when they see something,views that represent our own opinion through our own experiences of how something looks.

When a woman wins a Racing championship and if she were presented her trophy by a guy in a bow tie and hotpants I don't think boys watching would think - if I keep my 6 pack in shape I could be on that stage.

It happens I've a female relative who's big into motor sports, well actually the whole family is big into motor sports, she is actually being paid and sponsored to do it. She spent her childhood years going to racing events with her dad and brother and saw many trophies presented with many female models standing on the stage. She isnt now modeling at events, she's winning them and making an income while doing it.

So perhaps my view is colored by my proximity to the other side of the coin, hence my clarification above about what 'we think' the reaction of someone (child or otherwise) would be v's what they actually perceive through their own unique prism of experience, emotion and thought processes.

Edit: just to clarify I absolutely agree that people should be treated equally regardless of who they are. I assume that's a given, but you never know.
                                                        Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Its great that's your family member is competing and getting paid for it, but I don't think it has any baring on the discussion. A single example of anything is pretty meaningless.

Comment

Its great that's your family member is competing and getting paid for it, but I don't think it has any baring on the discussion. A single example of anything is pretty meaningless.
                                                            Why do you think they shouldn't be allowed to choose to do it?

Comment

But you ignore the sentiment of his post and the point he makes?

His point on your comment re: childrens interpretation?
                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

A single example of anything is pretty meaningless.
                                                                True and a single mention of income as a factor in deciding whether one agrees or disgrees with the decision does not mean their understanding of the rationale is not adequate and in turn does not immediately disqualify their opinion
                                                                Last edited by Guest; 31-01-18, 18:27.

Comment

If I get stranded on Hector Jellys planet I will swallow the cyanide tablet I was saving for the day I get stranded in Roscommon. Although I'd say the wimmin overlords would destroy me anyway. Get those stereotypical slim (yes) bikini wimmins back on screen . Everythings shite since men and motors went off the air.

Comment

I do think the majority of men who are outraged because they like the eye candy. The whole 'oh those poor women are being put out of a job' line doesn't wash with me. I'm sure there are a minority who have that concern but it is my opinion that most are being disingenuous about their stance on this matter.

In my opinion, there probably are many women who go into that line of work by choice. But is it a choice they would make if there was true equality in society? That's equality of opportunity as well as choice.

Comment

Liberals love banning stuff.

Comment

Fairly action packed transfer window. Arsenal actually doing some very good business.

Comment

I think somewhere in between the extremes of Hectorjelly and Jack90210 is a safe zone to be aiming at in life.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Where's the line on this one? Should glamour modelling be banned? Fashion modelling? Or are you happy with the difference between that and objectifying for horny sports fans?
                                                                            No idea, the line is where people draw it, I'd personally be more bothered by advertising.
                                                                            In general I'm more or less neutral on it and happy to defer to what women in general find unacceptable TBH. But I am growing increasingly pass remarkable to people with the everyday sexism that becomes more incongruous and stupid when you do come across it, happily it is much rarer or at least less obvious than it used to be.
                                                                            The cringe factor that one always felt when exposed to that kind of viz/ Benny Hill/ Men and Motors level of what used to be called smut one now realises is not just uncomfortable because it makes the perps look immature and a bit dumb but because it actually is piggish sexism that is offensive to the vast majority of females.

Comment

Some defending by United 10.seconds in. Must be one of the quickest goals ever

Comment

Get out of it !!

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ostcount=11929

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...90&postcount=5

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...stcount=131646

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...postcount=4755

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ostcount=25591

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ostcount=50297
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                  Get out of it !!
                                                                                  !

There is only one small detail there I wouldn't stand over

I see the Helen Mirren 1967 gif on the front page of Twitter today... I better not click through!
                                                                                  Last edited by Strewelpeter; 31-01-18, 20:19.

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

From the anti #metoo letter signed by 100 prominent French women. How was it received in France Hitch?

The haste to send the ‘pigs’ to the abattoir, far from liberating women, in reality serves the interests of the enemies of sexual liberty, the religious extremists, the worst reactionaries.
                                                                                      I find this argument interesting. Could be on the road back to some kind of "Victorian morality"?
                                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                        When are they going to ban Rose of Tralee, is the big question.
                                                                                        They should be ok as it’s a lovely girls competition
                                                                                        The bikini section is done behind closed doors

Comment

There is only one small detail there I wouldn't stand over
                                                                                          In fairness my search criteria for that explosive revelation was just a single first name...
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                            True and a single mention of income as a factor in deciding whether one agrees or disgrees with the decision does not mean their understanding of the rationale is not adequate and in turn does not immediately disqualify their opinion
                                                                                            On the contrary, I believe it does. It betrays that they think the problem is that the individual girl is going to be in some way corrupted by it, and so the issue of their pay is part of the balance of equations. Whereas the individual woman is completely insignificant, because the issue is on a greater scale. An analogy would be using a child's individual circumstance when thinking about child labour laws.

Comment

Why do you think they shouldn't be allowed to choose to do it?
                                                                                              Its a subtle difference, but I don't believe that. The job shouldn't exist rather than women being blocked from choosing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                But you ignore the sentiment of his post and the point he makes?

His point on your comment re: childrens interpretation?
                                                                                                I didn't think it really merited a serious reply. He posited a fairly unrealistic version of reality backed up with nothing but a single anecdote and his impression of what children don't think.

Comment

Lol. Just somebody disagrees with your (very extreme) opinion doesn't make theirs invalid. You're not even discussing or debating, you're just saying people are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                    When are they going to ban Rose of Tralee, is the big question.
                                                                                                    Ssssshhhhhh. Keane won't be happy with you

Comment

Lol. Just somebody disagrees with your (very extreme) opinion doesn't make theirs invalid. You're not even discussing or debating, you're just saying people are wrong.
                                                                                                      Exactly this, same with most points he makes tbh. I should have known better than to try to engage.
                                                                                                      Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

I didn't think it really merited a serious reply. He posited a fairly unrealistic version of reality backed up with nothing but a single anecdote and his impression of what children don't think.
                                                                                                        But you gave your example of a child interpreting it negatively?
                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I know Daragh is a smart dude and his viewpoints are usually reasoned and well thought out, this contempt he is holding for anyone with a view opposite to his on this topic is almost feminazi though. I am willing to be convinced, as are most people here I'd say...

Comment

What's extreme about it? Darts and F1, too pretty backwards, males dominated sports have just announced they are going to stop using them. Clearly this is because they feel that's in line with what most people think, so it really isn't an extreme opinion.

Comment

...

Comment

What's extreme about it? Darts and F1, too pretty backwards, males dominated sports have just announced they are going to stop using them. Clearly this is because they feel that's in line with what most people think, so it really isn't an extreme opinion.
                                                                                                                Eh no... https://talksport.com/darts/talkspor...down-tv-bosses

Comment

Name me a sport that isn't male dominated?

We should get rid of the men's and women's 100m sprint and have them all run together but get the lads to slow down. For equality like.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                      I know Daragh is a smart dude and his viewpoints are usually reasoned and well thought out, this contempt he is holding for anyone with a view opposite to his on this topic is almost feminazi though. I am willing to be convinced, as are most people here I'd say...
                                                                                                                      I don't mean to be rude, or to show contempt for anyone. I'm not a great persuader though, someone else could make my case much more eloquently and with empathy than I am likely to.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                                        Name me a sport that isn't male dominated?

We should get rid of the men's and women's 100m sprint and have them all run together but get the lads to slow down. For equality like.
                                                                                                                        Posts like this give rise to my contempt.

Comment

I don't mind these dolly birds doing that job. and if my eldest did it to earn some extra cash, then fair play to her. I am sure there are loads of females who don't mind it at all.

Years ago I worked for agency who did hostess work. You were paid to sit at a table with footballers as their partners, you got paid to do the boxing rings, you got paid to work at Stores advertising and you were not over dressed!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X