Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
    If it was the other way around it would be called fake news, fat shaming, bullying etc. Just classic leftist hypocrisy.
    The hypocrisy on the right in the US is a whole lot more sinister.

People who claim to follow the teaching of Jesus but champion a gun violence society, who view non white people as inferior. People who are happy to strip the poor of healthcare.

There's hypocrisy on both sides alright, just on the right they're just that bit more cunty and horrible with it.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
      Any recommendations for decent noise cancelling earphones that are less than about €250?

what are these like?

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headp...ones-qc25.html
      these are amazing and well worth the money. much better imo than the bose qc25s and qc35s. bose were slightly more comfortable but sound wise the sony outperformed the bose by some margin

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-MDR-10...=sony+mdr1000x.
      Last edited by shrapnel; 29-01-18, 18:21.

Comment

Desk next door got the sony 1000x on sale for £189 after i got the 1000 xm2. Deffo not worth the price diffence for the newer model. They get used 5/6 hours a day during work, one of best things i ever bought. Can see why it seems like stupid money, but would get more used more than telly. Have been in better form and got more done. Your work environment and noise tolerance may make a difference tbf.
        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Jack is the hardest working IPB troll in years. Getting bites left, right and centre (Mostly left). Fair play.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Alt-Left tends to be misguided attempts to create a purely collectivist society. Alt-right is about creating a purely individualistic society. Neither is desirable as on average people want some elements of collectivism and some of individualism in their lives. Hence why most people and political parties are around a centre that involves a balance of the two.

Don't mind alt-left that much as it ultimately comes from a viewpoint of 'wouldn't it be great if we were all treated the same'.
              I'm not sure you have either of those right Hitch.
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

These were both good teams
                  Bristol by 5
                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                    Our boy Zuroph getting some action from this tweet, holy moly ......

He's famous http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...t-adjusts.html
                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

He's on every website going lol. He also has some interviews with RTE and a Manchester radio station tomorrow!

Comment

Alt-Left tends to be misguided attempts to create a purely collectivist society. Alt-right is about creating a purely individualistic society. Neither is desirable as on average people want some elements of collectivism and some of individualism in their lives. Hence why most people and political parties are around a centre that involves a balance of the two.

Don't mind alt-left that much as it ultimately comes from a viewpoint of 'wouldn't it be great if we were all treated the same'.
                        I was very struck with a few things said on todays Start the Week on radio 4
                        There was a wide ranging discussion on emigration in a globalised worls and after someone quoted an Iranian artist as explaining that Western Modernity was just an other tradition to be overcome Moshin Hamed letalks about how the influence of China is leading to a more complex and subtle cultural change where people are creating a new modernity that is both collectivist and pragmatic in a way we don't quite get.

Also there was the more mundane and predictable thing of him coming through immigration with his UK passport and being taken aside to explain what he was doing in the UK

Mohsin Hamid, Carol Bohmer, Robert Hastie and Bruno Macaes with Kirsty Wark.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                          Desk next door got the sony 1000x on sale for £189 after i got the 1000 xm2. Deffo not worth the price diffence for the newer model. They get used 5/6 hours a day during work, one of best things i ever bought. Can see why it seems like stupid money, but would get more used more than telly. Have been in better form and got more done. Your work environment and noise tolerance may make a difference tbf.
                          Price difference is probably worth it considering the first model is plagued with reports of headband cracking issues that I don't think Sony ever recognised as a problem to give refunds.

Kinda in the same vein. Watched the first episode of Dirty Money on Netflix which is about the VW diesel defeat device scandal. Decent watch but the ending was shocking to me at least. Most car manufactures in Europe fail the same emission tests and likely they are all using cheat devices only Europe has loop holes which allow them to get away with it and no country rocks the boat as they don't want to lose car manufacturing industry.

Opr

Comment

He has helped more people than Bob Geldof. Where's his knighthood?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                              He's on every website going lol. He also has some interviews with RTE and a Manchester radio station tomorrow!
                              Gas. I liked his tweet Sat night, think there was about 80 likes on it. Remarked to myself that it had gotten a lot of attention. Woke up yesterday morning and saw it had 40k.

Mad to think so many people had the same issue.

Comment

10pm press conference for the starting flag of the referendum.

Comment

The Minister for Children Katherine Zappone standing there, the irony.

Comment

Imagine being the ‘journalist’ who wrote that story. Their career would need a long, hard looking at.

Comment

If it was the other way around it would be called fake news, fat shaming, bullying etc. Just classic leftist hypocrisy.
                                      That is the oddest complaint ever. You appear to not have an issue with what was said, instead your complaint centres on the theory that they would complain if it was the other way. Surely you see the irony here.
                                      It's like self-satisfying prophesy.

You're a gas man Jack.

Comment

The Minister for Children Katherine Zappone standing there, the irony.
                                        Lovely lady. Saw her in the hairdressers on Sat.

Comment

All good and ready for new arrival?!!! Vague calculations say the date must be soon enough for Mr/Ms miniPSV to arrive.
                                          Had to go hunting through my posts to make sure I hadn’t done an whovever that guy who made up the baby on here was. Nothing in the pipeline yet ,that was a very optimistic post that hasnt worked out yet due to a few hurdles(which ended up being nothing serious )Hopefully this year still good if the Elites children of men plans haven’t kicked in yet
                                          Last edited by Guest; 29-01-18, 23:22.

Comment

Pensioners getting fucked over while prick bosses raid funds for big money. Guess who the auditors were?

SPOILER
                                            Kpmg

I want to get a job in the fraud rubber stamping biz,cushy number

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  Had to go hunting through my posts to make sure I hadn’t done an mdoug. Nothing in the pipeline yet ,that was a very optimistic post that hasnt worked out yet due to a few hurdles(which ended up being nothing serious )Hopefully this year still good if the Elites children of men plans haven’t kicked in yet
                                                  That wasn't Mdoug.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                    That wasn't Mdoug.
                                                    Who was it? Some cork guy? Douugie or something

Comment

Comment

Who was it? Some cork guy? Douugie or something
                                                        He was a very strange boy.

A Citizen Erased wasn't it? Or did he have a couple of handles.

Comment

Had to go hunting through my posts to make sure I hadn’t done a douugie. Nothing in the pipeline yet ,that was a very optimistic post that hasnt worked out yet due to a few hurdles(which ended up being nothing serious )Hopefully this year still good if the Elites children of men plans haven’t kicked in yet

edit sorry mdoug

Comment

Leo speaking like an absolute leader there. Although I'm convinced its the Micheal Martin intervention that will swing it, if anything will (and thats far from certain). Gave up my VPN so can't access PP without a lot of hassle: what are the odds on yes vs no?
                                                            It was 1.16 for yes a few days ago.

Comment

Leo speaking like an absolute leader there. Although I'm convinced its the Micheal Martin intervention that will swing it, if anything will (and thats far from certain). Gave up my VPN so can't access PP without a lot of hassle: what are the odds on yes vs no?
                                                              PP.
                                                              Vote to change/remove the 8th - 1/6.
                                                              Vote to leave unchanged - 7/2.

I suspect we'll see those odds get closer to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                PP.
                                                                Vote to change/remove the 8th - 1/6.
                                                                Vote to leave unchanged - 7/2.

I suspect we'll see those odds get closer to each other.
                                                                Those odds getting closer is an absolute mortal lock
                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

its getting pretty fevered in the US , deputy director of FBI stepping down (yes he is using his accrued leave but some timing
                                                                  The are #releasingthememo tomorrow apparently so we get to see if there is any substance to the past 2 weeks or if it is more of the larping that has been going on on both sides

Comment

Comment

its getting pretty fevered in the US , deputy director of FBI stepping down (yes he is using his accrued leave but some timing
                                                                      The are #releasingthememo tomorrow apparently so we get to see if there is any substance to the past 2 weeks or if it is more of the larping that has been going on on both sides

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...mccabe/551771/
                                                                      Can former US presidents face criminal charges?

Comment

Can former US presidents face criminal charges?
                                                                        Yes, why?
                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

A right Donnybrook in Donnybrook
                                                                          Scum gonna scum I guess

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

Tempted to get a DP royal rumble style haul in for trumps SOTU speech tonight

Comment

Trumps administration has declined enforce new sanctions on Russia.

The US has released a sweeping list of prominent Russian business and political figures, in defiance of Moscow and implementing a Congressional law designed to punish Russia for election meddling.

This was passed almost unanimously through both houses last year.
                                                                                  A law that impacts sanctions on the state accused of unduly influencing a US election in his favor. Sanctions that were the exact presumed quid pro quo in such an arrangement.

Look over here, here's a dog on a surfboard.
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Two questions. Please choose as many or as little as you wish to address.

1. I mentioned before about a new years resolution to astound the kid with 12 magic tricks and have an initial magic kit on the way. So far so good. I take my resolutions very seriously with monthly reviews and to a big extent they end up defining the year. Going to give DPs trick a go but weirdly having trouble finding a ketchup packet, which it's hard to get unless you spend a tenner on maccyds. Another resolution of a similar entertainment kind is to cook 12 fantastic new meals, and want to start with a ramen. All the trappings: soft boiled eggs, kimchi, broth. Anyone got a great recipe? Have seen a good few but don't know how well they will work.

2. Have been growing my beard out for a month or so. Know I have to trim the moustache bit to above the lips to avoid a homeless look, but what do you do about the neckbeard part? (it's been a while since have let it all go wild). Shave to be above the Adam's apple? Maybe this question is best directed to Lao Lao who I kinda remember having the world's best beard from a pic he posted once. Unsure if it looks a bit poncy to be deliberately manicuring a supposedly wildman beard.
                                                                                    Can you give us a review of 2017's resolutions including the updates and results?

Was it to do with buying loads of board games?

Thanks to those that gave headphone advice by the way!

Comment

Electricity companies are mind numbing.

GF came home to find the power cut off. And a letter saying power was cut off.
                                                                                      So I ring mains supplier asking whats going on, he said Electricity Company (AGL) asked us to cut off the power as you don't have an account. And I tell them, my account isn't with AGL it's with a different Electricity Company (EA). The guy doesn't want to know and says, I just process the requests as they come in.

So I ring EA and ask "whats going on, I've been getting bill from you, I paid one in October".
                                                                                      "That bill was the final bill on the account as it was transfer to AGL. We only billed you to august 22nd"

So I ring AGL. They tell me they took it over when the new tenant moved-in in august, until they moved out in October. Slightly bewildered, I tell them "this is my own property, I've lived here since March last year. If I had a tenant living with my for 3 months, I like to think I'd realise. Who was this person?"
                                                                                      "Sorry I can't give you that information"
                                                                                      I ask was it my name, my GFs name or my mates name*.
                                                                                      "Sorry, I can't confirm those details due to privacy laws. However, this is an asain name"
                                                                                      "Did you issue a bill to this person"
                                                                                      "Yes they requested final bill in October."
                                                                                      "Did they they pay it"
                                                                                      "Sorry, I can't confirm those details due to privacy laws"
                                                                                      "Would you like us to reconnect the power"
                                                                                      "Well, its getting dark, so it would be great"
                                                                                      "It might take 24 hours, please hold".

At which point she cuts me off.

Now at this point. I extremely pissed off that I've no power. But I'm aware I haven't paid electricity in 5 months thanks to this mystery Asian person. But the money I'm saving is kinda offset by fridge and freezer full of food going to waste.

*I always put my electricity/gas in a mate from schools name. Well one of two mates. I do these so that when these sort of billing fuck ups happen. I can bail without getting defaulted on the bill. There a story behind the reason, for another time

Comment

New request for today.

Looking to calculate VRT on a car but the Revenue calculator is down the last few days. Any other links seem to be just taking info and pinging revenue so they are failing too. Is there any easy way to calculate?

Anyone any experience buying 2nd hand cars in the UK? What's the catch?!

Cheers,

Comment

I've about 200 mc donalds ketchups in my car hitch- you can have them

Just walk in and ask for some ffs you don't need to buy anything

Comment

New request for today.

Looking to calculate VRT on a car but the Revenue calculator is down the last few days. Any other links seem to be just taking info and pinging revenue so they are failing too. Is there any easy way to calculate?

Anyone any experience buying 2nd hand cars in the UK? What's the catch?!

Cheers,
                                                                                            VRT band is based on CO2 rating. You will find the bands online.

You can take a reasonable stab at the OMSP by seeing what equiv models are for sale for here.

What are you buying?
                                                                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Would avoid getting from North, better value and choice by hopping on quick flight to liverpool and drive back on ferry. Pay some of it on credit card then you have extra protection from them if it all goes sour. 2 mates have done it recently, one saved approx 4-5k and got a massive spec lexus for his days effort. The other got a Honda saloon saved 2kish and again got top spec. After service obviously be handier in North or buying local

Comment

That is interesting about buying in England, thought it would be the same in the whole of the UK. I would be a bit worried about the after service alright. The place we are looking to buy from in Belfast has a place in the south too "Charles Hurst Group". Also, the missus wnats to bring her brother the mechanic to look it over so more difficult to do in Liverpool.

Not really sure what we are buying, at the moment looking like Hyundai IX35 or Touscon. Want to pay no more than 20k really.

Comment

They are a well known brand, would be happy to buy off them. YMMV with after care anyway, local included. Any local car guys i know would buy from UK if they had the time. Would normally get the next level spec for same price, plus less risk of dodgy fuel. Ryanair for 2 ppl to Liverpool aint much difference to a day going up north imo. My mates bought when the arse fell out of sterling, it was a no brainer for them. They were happy to spend their day traipsing over and driving back, that might not be for everyone.

Lunch conversation with car guys a while back, they all told me if i was buying a diesel to plan driving it into the ground as resale values are falling and be woeful in 3/4 years time, if thats any useful wisdom to ye.
                                                                                                  Last edited by mocata; 30-01-18, 11:00.

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                    They are a well known brand, would be happy to buy off them. YMMV with after care anyway, local included. Any local car guys i know would buy from UK if they had the time. Would normally get the next level spec for same price, plus less risk of dodgy fuel. Ryanair for 2 ppl to Liverpool aint much difference to a day going up north imo. My mates bought when the arse fell out of sterling, it was a no brainer for them. They were happy to spend their day traipsing over and driving back, that might not be for everyone.
                                                                                                    Nah the flight over wouldn't be a problem at all. I would want to have a fair idea of what I was getting before I went though.

Last question, would it just be a case of looking up all dealers in Liverpool or do you know of any particular garages?

Comment

Bought a couple of cars recently and in one case once I'd settled on a model and a budget I chose a downgrade on what I could get from the UK to buy an Irish model the main reason being that I couldn't handle having MPH on the speedo.
                                                                                                      Kind of half looking at buying again and my sense is that if I was buying from the UK I would rather sell some of the risk and hassle to one of the many lads who are importing to order.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                        Bought a couple of cars recently and in one case once I'd settled on a model and a budget I chose a downgrade on what I could get from the UK to buy an Irish model the main reason being that I couldn't handle having MPH on the speedo.
                                                                                                        Kind of half looking at buying again and my sense is that if I was buying from the UK I would rather sell some of the risk and hassle to one of the many lads who are importing to order.
                                                                                                        So there is people importing to order? I love the sound of that, basically paying someone to do the annoying stuff!

Comment

Havent purchased myself, but Autotrader website would be good place to do comparisons on price/spec then can look at the dealers. Last friend I asked about it the dealer got him picked up from airport and taken to a huge car supermarket. Importer guys would depend on cost and how you value your own time and mechanics input. You would imagine they would be pretty sharp and not want to cause themselves grief/ lose profit on anything less than kosher.
                                                                                                          For me it would need to be less than 1500ish to make it worthwhile. Hassle with a car is hassle no matter who you buy it off in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

*I always put my electricity/gas in a mate from schools name. Well one of two mates. I do these so that when these sort of billing fuck ups happen. I can bail without getting defaulted on the bill. There a story behind the reason, for another time
                                                                                                            My bills were always in the name of John Aldridge and Terry Phelan when travelling
                                                                                                            I'm sure my reason was a little more nefarious
                                                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                              I've about 200 mc donalds ketchups in my car hitch- you can have them

Just walk in and ask for some ffs you don't need to buy anything
                                                                                                              The thoughts of Hitch building up the courage to go into maccers and ask for ketchup and then handed one of those paper cup things fills me with joy.
                                                                                                              What does he do?
                                                                                                              Dutifully take it and insert some unnecessary condiment into the cup? Would he end up buying fries to cover the whole nasty charade? Anything else would surely give the game away he was just after free red sauce for magic tricks

Comment

Tempted to get a DP royal rumble style haul in for trumps SOTU speech tonight

Fucking amazing

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  He was a very strange boy.

A Citizen Erased wasn't it? Or did he have a couple of handles.
                                                                                                                  A guy O'Mahoney or something? idiot young fella that he was!

On another note... George Takeii has now copied the whole "zuroph" Dishwasher things, that is HUGE lol

Comment

So there is people importing to order? I love the sound of that, basically paying someone to do the annoying stuff!
                                                                                                                    Yeah there are loads of them, what most of them do is go to the trade auctions of ex fleet cars once a week and buy whatever they have orders for, they are also supplying the trade here. You'll find that that what a lot of the smaller dealers on carzone / adverts etc. are doing

One lad I spoke to was sending me specs of cars that would be coming up for auction and if I agreed a deal with him he would do all the paperwork and deliver with a new NCT and the same S/H warranty as you get with any car sales here. My guesstimate was that he was taking somewhere between 8 and 12% but I was still getting about year in the difference in car over the Irish forecourt price.
                                                                                                                    The other option was a mechanic I know who wasn't too busy at the time who would have done the dirty work of going over, looking at a few private sales picking one and bringing it home for €500. I would have done business with him except he spotted exactly the car I was looking for at a price I was willing to pay.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Strewelpeter; 30-01-18, 12:16.

Comment

Can Zuroph make money from this incident?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

My bills were always in the name of John Aldridge and Terry Phelan when travelling
                                                                                                                        I'm sure my reason was a little more nefarious

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          A guy O'Mahoney or something? idiot young fella that he was!

On another note... George Takeii has now copied the whole "zuroph" Dishwasher things, that is HUGE lol
                                                                                                                          also on lifehacker
                                                                                                                          This is not a dream. The top rack of your dishwasher is (probably) adjustable. Whatever height you always left it at, that was only one of multiple op

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X