Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
      If you want something, earn it. Don't just expect it cos you're a woman and will fill a gender equality quota. That's the problem with women these days, expect everything cos "equality" and expect it without working as hard. Liam has his list, if you wanna get on it, try harder. I know you're joking. Relax
      Just cos you are on the "list" Dobby! acting all smart. If you weren't there would be murder
      Young wans these days!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
        Question for GAB or other media savvy people, who would be getting paid for the footage of the 2005 Leopardstown chase that Ladbrokes are using at the moment?
        Don't think this was answered but generally speaking ownership of footage such as this will reside with the production company who, i think as RT pointed out probably would be Robert Hall's, whose primary client at the time would been RTE.

However the production company would also have licensed it to SIS/At The Races (Arena Racing) (or some equivalent) for broadcast in the UK market so depending on what that contract looked like Ladbrokes would probably access it from the deal they have with the broadcaster rather than directly with the production company.

Ladbrokes own part of SIS so that might be an angle here.

Sometimes these content deals have very specific time limits so without know what they are it would tricky to say and sometimes a royalty might be paid 'per broadcast' but that's rare enough as it's a pain to monitor and flat fees are more common.
        Last edited by BennyHiFi; 28-01-18, 20:15.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Obviously I'm the real #1 on all these lists, or else I'd shut the place down. Doesn't need to be specified though, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Amazing that dobby has only been on the list for an hour or two and is already trying to angle his way up the rankings by adopting a Jordan Peterson persona.
              Andy and Rigger introduced me to Petersons stuff a few weeks back and I've lost the run of myself

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                Us wimminz of IPB are hurt that none of us reached the top five.

Think there has to be a round of

"Me Too"

What do you think Michelle?
                You are in the top 5 female posters
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Pretty sure he just forgot me. I'm top 3 easily of all lists. Soundest, funniest, drunkest poster, monumental cunt, best etc etc

Comment

...Ugh, talk about controversial...Cant wait to see the reaction when I host and present the 1st bi annual top 5 awards...There will be at least 7 categories, I reckon it'll be the most hotly anticipated awards of the year...Tune in folks, Sunday 1st April at 20:00pm...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                        Us wimminz of IPB are hurt that none of us reached the top five.

Think there has to be a round of

"Me Too"

What do you think Michelle?
                        Raise yo game.

"Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                        "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Loving the Strava story. Keeps growing too. Seems a few top secret bases of France in Africa have been uncovered now.
                          Pentagon shaped base discovered in Nevada desert. Area 51 confirmed. Look into it

Over 1 billion activities, 13 trillion data points create the ultimate map of athlete playgrounds.

Last edited by Mellor; 29-01-18, 10:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                            Looking forward to deadparrots Royal Rumble snack haul picture.

Getting old man. Not even a full sized pack of pringles
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                              Bumpies.
                              Haven't done it
                              A cursory Google throws up
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Xcite for my first royal rumble.
                                "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                  Pretty sure he just forgot me. I'm top 3 easily of all lists. Soundest, funniest, drunkest poster, monumental cunt, best etc etc
                                  Best looking too actually. Never felt that way til I was near fellow IPBiebers

Comment

Originally posted by JamieCarra View Post
                                    They at least to add on the time it takes. 4 mins added in the first half after the 3 VAR incidents, 2 West Brom injuries and a considerable amount of time wasting was taking the piss.
                                    I was pretty shocked watching the highlights of this game and the influence of VAR - for some reason I assumed it was only going to be used for goal line decisions but the usage in this game points to much more activity akin to usage in rugby. Was that the plan for this season & I just blissfully ignored all the discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                      I was pretty shocked watching the highlights of this game and the influence of VAR - for some reason I assumed it was only going to be used for goal line decisions but the usage in this game points to much more activity akin to usage in rugby. Was that the plan for this season & I just blissfully ignored all the discussion.
                                      It's trying to be different and the setup is lol bad. 2 independent cameras and a ref in London watching when sky and bt could have a ref on site set with 10 different angles in seconds.

The video assistant can't tell the ref he's missed something which is retarded. To consult him it must be a clear and obvious situation or you get away with it I think? It's a start but ridiculous in this early form.

Comment

That Corbyn lad was a sore loser

Comment

Lovely touch Chanel.

Supermac’s: a home-grown fast-food chain we can be proud of.Founded in Ballinasloe, Galway in 1978, it’s since expanded to more...

Comment

Comment

Rumble delivered

Comment

Lol Hillary Clinton and virtue signalling celebs. Sorest losers of all time. When are they going to realise that all this lecturing does is consolidate Trumps support even more. Lol as well that most of the things they read was about Trumps food habits - these would be the very people who would get into a twitter out rage for fat shaming etc. President of United States paranoid about been poisoned sounds like a very prudent strategy to me.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                    Lol Hillary Clinton and virtue signalling celebs. Sorest losers of all time. When are they going to realise that all this lecturing does is consolidate Trumps support even more. Lol as well that most of the things they read was about Trumps food habits - these would be the very people who would get into a twitter out rage for fat shaming etc. President of United States paranoid about been poisoned sounds like a very prudent strategy to me.
                                                    just on your last point.
                                                    President of United States paranoid about been poisoned sounds like a very prudent strategy to me.
                                                    This is not a presidential thing, he has that fear (or justification if you want to to slant it that way) years.
                                                    This was news from over 3 weeks ago, why bring it up now? that's 1.5 Mooches ago.

I'm honestly not up to speed on the virtue signalling.
                                                    You talking about Jay-Z, I agree that the Dems should stop having celebrity endorsements appear to mean so much, rather than the average dude on the street.
                                                    It's a distraction and shouldn't be something they pursue and publicize to the extent they do. Try and gain the voters ear instead of hoping Taylor Swift does it for you. On the flip side, if the GOP had ANYONE more photogenic than some five toothed weirdo from Duck Dynasty they'd be all over it themselves. Sadly, the dumbing down of politics continues and probably will keep doing so.

The only thing to say about Hillary is that she should stop trying to be front and centre for a possible re-run.
                                                    She'd be the candidate Trump has the most chance to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      just on your last point.

This is not a presidential thing, he has that fear (or justification if you want to to slant it that way) years.
                                                      This was news from over 3 weeks ago, why bring it up now? that's 1.5 Mooches ago.

I'm honestly not up to speed on the virtue signalling.
                                                      You talking about Jay-Z, I agree that the Dems should stop having celebrity endorsements appear to mean so much, rather than the average dude on the street.
                                                      It's a distraction and shouldn't be something they pursue and publicize to the extent they do. Try and gain the voters ear instead of hoping Taylor Swift does it for you. On the flip side, if the GOP had ANYONE more photogenic than some five toothed weirdo from Duck Dynasty they'd be all over it themselves. Sadly, the dumbing down of politics continues and probably will keep doing so.

The only thing to say about Hillary is that she should stop trying to be front and centre for a possible re-run.
                                                      She'd be the candidate Trump has the most chance to beat.
                                                      Look up what happened at the Grammys last night.

Comment

Any recommendations for decent noise cancelling earphones that are less than about €250?

what are these like?

http://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headp...ones-qc25.html

Comment

Comment

Whats the longer-term personal benefit of looking up what happened at the grammy's last night?
                                                            That would be a matter for each individual so it would be impossible to deduce.

Comment

Look up what happened at the Grammys last night.
                                                              Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Really?
                                                              I mean it's a skit, it's not particularly funny or scathing to him.
                                                              Just seems a little thin skinned if you cannot laugh at yourself

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjbysQgJ64Y

Really?
                                                                I mean it's a skit, it's not particularly funny or scathing to him.
                                                                Just seems a little thin skinned if you cannot laugh at yourself
                                                                If it was the other way around it would be called fake news, fat shaming, bullying etc. Just classic leftist hypocrisy.

Comment

Ronda Rousey finding her level.

Comment

If it was the other way around it would be called fake news, fat shaming, bullying etc. Just classic leftist hypocrisy.
                                                                    Classic case of 'can give it but can't take it' imo
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Fingers crossed that deleting a tweet quickly removes the possibility of defamation proceedings.
                                                                          Details of the alleged incident involving random people unknown to any here?

Comment

Fingers crossed that deleting a tweet quickly removes the possibility of defamation proceedings.
                                                                            Nope. Reduces it though.
                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

reading a direct excerpt from the bestselling book of the year is fake news?
                                                                              Fiction has been known to sell quite well.

Comment

...

Comment

Outraged about how outraged the other side would be if we did the same thing because the other side are a bunch of thin skinned snowflakes, while we're definitely not....

Comment

How does the act of reading it aloud influence the validity of the text?

Comment

Comedy performer does, admittedly unfunny, comedy sketch sending up the President by reference to a major issue of the day. Your issue is?
                                                                                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Your twitter interaction with SBP journalist was quoted by populist watch Ireland on Facebook earlirr

Comment

Do people really happily spend loads on earphones?

Comment

Grammys ratings down 20% on last year! Alienating half your potential audience does appear to be a popular albeit stupid strategy in America.
                                                                                            Last edited by jack90210; 29-01-18, 15:34.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                              Do people really happily spend loads on earphones?
                                                                                              That's what I am about to do.... tell me I'm wrong?!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                I picked up a set of https://goo.gl/te5TDS the last time I was in the airport and once I found the bluetooth quality switch (undocumented feature!) Im very pleased with them.
                                                                                                May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                                  I've no idea but spending hundreds seems retarded to me and I'm a bit of a genius m8. Sure you know that.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                                                                                                    Ronda Rousey finding her level.
                                                                                                    Worst introduction i can think of. Two facial expressions, no words just pointing at a sign repeatedly like a simpleton and two awkward attempted handshakes.
                                                                                                    Plus it also took away the glory from Asuka winning the first ever womens royal rumble.

Comment

...

Comment

Thats amazing that people knew in advance what was going to be in the show and therefore wisely decided not to watch. We don't give Trump supporters enough credit for their ability to predict the future.
                                                                                                        It wouldn’t be at all hard to predict based on past award shows.

Comment

Grammys ratings down 20% on last year! Alienating half your potential audience does appear to be a popular albeit stupid strategy in America.

Exclamation points! Ratings! maths!
                                                                                                          I tip my heat sir.

Comment

Trump looks like my Grammy.

Comment

I tip my heat sir.
                                                                                                              No one said half switched off?

Comment

Why should anyone here care how many people watched the Grammys? I dont even know what they give out awards for.

Comment

I tip my heat sir.
                                                                                                                  Grammar remarks followed by

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                    Why should anyone here care how many people watched the Grammys? I dont even know what they give out awards for.
                                                                                                                    Trump cares about all ratings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                      Trump cares about all ratings.
                                                                                                                      Personally hiring lots of black people and stopping plane crashes were highlights in fairness.

Comment

Ah Jack.
                                                                                                                        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                          Personally hiring lots of black people and stopping plane crashes were highlights in fairness.
                                                                                                                          Don't forget those cuts in vocabulary he slipped through the houses. Now everyone can do the crossword in Washington . 5 letter word rhymes with Squiggly. Clue. I don't do things smallgly

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X