Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Class goal for Arsenal
    Text a mate who supports che and said I think he meant it. Got the bird in reply

Comment

Well fought win for Arsenal. Looking forward to the final.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        Well fought win for Arsenal. Looking forward to the final.
        I'm both looking forward to it and dreading it in equal measure

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          I got given an Amazon voucher for £300.

Any suitably frivolous recommendation for blowing this loot?
          Originally posted by RichieM View Post
          whiskey
          I decided to take this advice so bought a bottle of Oban 14 year off Amazon. Never really ever been into Scotch (or indeed whiskey generally) and would drink Irish by default on the rare occasion that I have a dram.

Just arrived (under plain packaging, sailed through Parcel Motel ). Damn, that is smooth. Richie may well have just launched a new addiction.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
            Sounds like you are DevOps now......... which means they can assign you to anything IT related.

No wonder IT security it the fastest growing segment of the industry.

Fire off some OpenVAS scans there while you are at it.
            haha been there done that. Ending up doing pen tests on the network when I first got there.
            actually thats a good idea for the new site
            nice one
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I decided to take this advice so bought a bottle of Oban 14 year off Amazon. Never really ever been into Scotch (or indeed whiskey generally) and would drink Irish by default on the rare occasion that I have a dram.

Just arrived (under plain packaging, sailed through Parcel Motel ). Damn, that is smooth. Richie may well have just launched a new addiction.
              It's my dream to have one of these stocked with fine irish whiskeys

have a few I'm holding back (midleton from year daughter was born etc) , but other than that lack the discipline to build up a collection
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Chanel effect
                Irish fast food chain Supermac’s has announced that six new outlets will open throughout the country in the first half of this year.
                "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                  Wish there was a love button
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Dunno what article it was from, it was just a quote of a passage on twitter.
                    There's a few from that age that are revered, like Berkeley Library, think Lovin Dublin did a run down of their favourite ones.
                    Some from the period are very good. Le Corbusier is one of the most decorated architects of the 20th century and was particularly fond of brutalist.

But there's lots of really bad examples too, like that shopping centre, brutal.

Comment

North Korea sends rare announcement to all Koreans, calls for unification

Good news AJ

Comment

I've read this twice and I still don't understand what he's trying to say (probably the fault of the journalist though)

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

31/12/20 is the cut-off from memory.
                            Probably need some good progress this year, ideally he'd have fired a nuke close to land by now, or at least done a few border incursions.
                            Think I'm only €7 at 50s, feels a bit bad wanting death and destruction to get a bet up. Still, €350.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              Probably need some good progress this year, ideally he'd have fired a nuke close to land by now, or at least done a few border incursions.
                              Think I'm only €7 at 50s, feels a bit bad wanting death and destruction to get a bet up. Still, €350.
                              What's the bet?

Comment

Only bet I'd be having is on the wall coming down after a deal that pays off the ruling family in the North to the tune of very many Billion$

How far have the languages spoken diverged since the '50's, would everyone understand the TV and radio from the other side?
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                  What's the bet?
                                  Maybe 5/6 years about we bet on reunification by the end of 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                    What's the bet?
                                    PP special a few years ago on Korean re-unification.

Comment

PP special a few years ago on Korean re-unification.
                                      http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...ostcount=34255
                                      That's class

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        I believe he is saying that the universal laws of demand and supply don't apply in the magical lawless kingdom of Ireland.
                                        He said the increasing supply won't bring down prices and then contradicted himself by saying that if the Government builds more houses, then housing will be more affordable.

Surely that's clear enough for all to follow and irrefutable logic?

Comment

I didn't read the article at all but that could mean that supplying new houses to the market randomly won't lower prices due to the overwhelming demand that will still exist.
                                          Government building more houses can be different as they can offer them on affordable schemes for certain people.

He most likely did not mean any of this and is thick

Comment

Surely 'moderating price increases' is reducing prices?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              Surely 'moderating price increases' is reducing prices?
                                              No because increasing something means making it more than it was before and reducing means making it less than it was before therefore if a price increases it is not reduced.
                                              Hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                haha been there done that. Ending up doing pen tests on the network when I first got there.
                                                actually thats a good idea for the new site
                                                nice one
                                                nikto & nmap threw up some issues alright.
                                                having a pain configuring GSM OpenVas

Comment

Neighbour two doors up has a dwelling built at the bottom of their garden. Grand, don't really have a problem with that.

The tenant there seems to have acquired a dog. On Tuesday night it barked continuously and very loudly from 3am until I left the house at 8am.
                                                  I can see it at the door of the dwelling. It's inside.

Today, I am working at home and it's been going continuously since 8am.

Nobody at home (think my neighbour is away, he's often travelling) and no sign of the tenant. What's my play? DSPCA?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    No because increasing something means making it more than it was before and reducing means making it less than it was before therefore if a price increases it is not reduced.
                                                    Hope this helps
                                                    Any economist worth his salt wouldn't use a univariate analysis.*

real prices not nominal prices are what are important

Comment

Neighbour two doors up has a dwelling built at the bottom of their garden. Grand, don't really have a problem with that.

The tenant there seems to have acquired a dog. On Tuesday night it barked continuously and very loudly from 3am until I left the house at 8am.

Nobody at home (think my neighbour is away, he's often travelling) and no sign of the tenant. What's my play? DSPCA?
                                                      I always imagined you as a bit of an Atticus Finch

Comment

I always imagined you as a bit of an Atticus Finch
                                                        I'm more of an Atticus Shutthatfuckingdogupforfuckssake at present

Comment

Left him a note anyway:

The dog that you own has been at the door of your place and barking continuously since early this morning. It also barked non-stop since 3am on Wednesday night.

1. The dog is clearly very distressed which is unfair
                                                          2. You are also disturbing many of your neighbours both during the night and during the day – which is equally unfair

Please resolve this immediately or we will be forced to contact the DSPCA and the Gardai

Comment

I'm more of an Atticus Shutthatfuckingdogupforfuckssake at present
                                                            SPOILER

Comment

I had this problem for a while but either I got used to it or dog isn't barking anymore. Who leaves their dog out all night?
                                                              I was recommended to put a bit of rat poison in a doggy treat if it persisted
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

SatNav will disappear the dog for a small fee

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                  I had this problem for a while but either I got used to it or dog isn't barking anymore. Who leaves their dog out all night?
                                                                  I was recommended to put a bit of rat poison in a doggy treat if it persisted
                                                                  That's a horrible cowardly suggestion. Attach testicles to self then deal with it like Adult by going to root cause, ie the owner.
                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                    I didn't read the article at all but that could mean that supplying new houses to the market randomly won't lower prices due to the overwhelming demand that will still exist.
                                                                    Government building more houses can be different as they can offer them on affordable schemes for certain people.

He most likely did not mean any of this and is thick
                                                                    The thing is a whole mess of people live in the middle where they wouldn't qualify as one of the 'certain people' and yet cannot afford the current prices (at least where they would like to live).

Where's my NAMA Joe?

Comment

Left him a note anyway:
                                                                      Guards/DSPA generally won't care as long as the dog has shelter (the shed at bottom of garden is fine) and food (???). Being left alone for a day or neighbours disturbed by barking isn't something that'll concern them.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Guards/DSPA generally won't care as long as the dog has shelter (the shed at bottom of garden is fine) and food (???). Being left alone for a day or neighbours disturbed by barking isn't something that'll concern them.
                                                                            even in the middle of the night? do neighbours not have a right to peace and quiet at 3am?

Comment

even in the middle of the night? do neighbours not have a right to peace and quiet at 3am?
                                                                              The Big Lebowski, funny, Leading, Humour, Comedy, Humor
                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Am I not getting something about the proposed Govt Mortgage scheme or is it not absolutely prime to be gamed?

Consider a graduate accountant / lawyer earning something from 30k-40k p/a 2-4 years into their graduate programme.

Under the Govt scheme they just need to go get bounced twice in 12 months for the absolute max, and then apply for the Govt preferential rates 'safe in the knowledge' that upon completion of their graduate contract, they will have no problem paying the mortgage. It's an astoundingly good deal for someone who 'can see' a pay bump up the road no?

I've a brother 8 months into a graduate scheme, and I'm pretty confident that he would be able to get on this scheme, and absolutely absolutely should not be the kind of person that the scheme is supposed to help!

Comment

heh, laughing to myself as I realise I sent the equivalent of a solicitor's letter

Imagining the owner ripping it to shreds and chortling 'the emptiest of empty threats'

Comment

...

Comment

From reading on boards over the years the attitude of the DSPCA is that they aren't worried about neighbours, they only care if an animal is being mistreated. Shelter and food are generally basic signs that there is no mistreatment issue.

Guards will listen to a complaint and type it up on their invisible computer.

Obviously there are various control of dogs acts and noise pollution laws but unlikely you'll get any help from authority and would have to do it all yourself.

Hopefully however the neighbours will address the problem when you bring it to their attention. They may not be aware of it at all.
                                                                                      Its terribly annoying, theres a backgarden dog on my street who fucking howls for 2 hours every dawn but because he has some sort of kennel and is clearly well fed there's nothing much can be done.

Comment

From reading on boards over the years the attitude of the DSPCA is that they aren't worried about neighbours, they only care if an animal is being mistreated. Shelter and food are generally basic signs that there is no mistreatment issue.

Guards will listen to a complaint and type it up on their invisible computer.

Obviously there are various control of dogs acts and noise pollution laws but unlikely you'll get any help from authority and would have to do it all yourself.

Hopefully however the neighbours will address the problem when you bring it to their attention. They may not be aware of it at all.
                                                                                        Its terribly annoying, theres a backgarden dog on my street who fucking howls for 2 hours every dawn but because he has some sort of kennel and is clearly well fed there's nothing much can be done.
                                                                                        Yes, hopefully the neighbour has a social conscience and can be shamed into action. We shall see.

Comment

Ooh, kayroo....

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            The thing is a whole mess of people live in the middle where they wouldn't qualify as one of the 'certain people' and yet cannot afford the current prices (at least where they would like to live).

Where's my NAMA Joe?
                                                                                            Yeah, they seem to be happy for you to just pay exorbitant rent. Can't have everybody having homes now can they.

Am I not getting something about the proposed Govt Mortgage scheme or is it not absolutely prime to be gamed?

Consider a graduate accountant / lawyer earning something from 30k-40k p/a 2-4 years into their graduate programme.

Under the Govt scheme they just need to go get bounced twice in 12 months for the absolute max, and then apply for the Govt preferential rates 'safe in the knowledge' that upon completion of their graduate contract, they will have no problem paying the mortgage. It's an astoundingly good deal for someone who 'can see' a pay bump up the road no?

I've a brother 8 months into a graduate scheme, and I'm pretty confident that he would be able to get on this scheme, and absolutely absolutely should not be the kind of person that the scheme is supposed to help!
                                                                                            Pretty much exactly what I thought of, earlier in your career the better for this scheme. So every single new grad can go for it but people a few years in are fucked.

Comment

The Post: won't break any records or win too many oscars but enjoyable watch nonetheless. great to see so many faces from the small screen in a lot of the secondary roles.

Comment

Its a limited scheme that will be administered by the County Councils. I would imagine that, whether acknowledged or not, they will carry on just as they do today in their current mortgage scheme giving preference to people already on their housing lists.
                                                                                                So unless the scheme is very much undersubscribed it will be hard to get approval for the likes of your Bro, though it will definitely be worth trying and using whatever angles work to get in on it.
                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 25-01-18, 14:56.

Comment

Yes, hopefully the neighbour has a social conscience and can be shamed into action. We shall see.
                                                                                                  Do you expect them to get rid of the dog?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Does the gaf down the end of the garden have permission? More than one way to skin a dog

Comment

For some reason in my head I kept thinking this morning about us leaving boards for here. Just looked at facebook there, and seems we got going today 8 years ago.

Comment

For some reason in my head I kept thinking this morning about us leaving boards for here. Just looked at facebook there, and seems we got going today 8 years ago.
                                                                                                            I've seen Lloyd post a bit in the other place, but haven't seen much from him here in a while.

What gives?
                                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                              Ooh, kayroo....

This is what I see whenever he tweets...

SPOILER

Before someone comments; yes I saw it.
                                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Seems the pubs will open on good Friday. Or at least be allowed to. I can't wait to not go and do what I do every other Friday and stay in watching shite telly

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                  I've seen Lloyd post a bit in the other place, but haven't seen much from him here in a while.

What gives?
                                                                                                                  I think ipb is blocked in his workplace, so probably got out of the habit of posting here. KevIRL not been too prolific the last year either.
                                                                                                                  It may be time for a mutiny.

Comment

I think ipb is blocked in his workplace, so probably got out of the habit of posting here. KevIRL not been too prolific the last year either.
                                                                                                                    It may be time for a mutiny.
                                                                                                                    Do we have a collective interest anymore?
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...

Comment

A collection of random interests that seem to mix well together! It'd be fairly sad if we were all still obsessed with poker tbh.
                                                                                                                        Well yeah, the BBV is the only real living thread for that reason.

But we can't mutiny if we don't have something to identify with collectively.

It was initially poker, now a mutiny would likely result in many different IrishINTERESTHEREBoards.

What I'm saying is... we stay here or we die.

Comment

A collection of random interests that seem to mix well together! It'd be fairly sad if we were all still obsessed with poker tbh.
                                                                                                                          Dice has €10k that he will try to drunkenly spunk off playing poker over the next few days. His tales of joy/woe (delete as required) will fill our poker quota for this week!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X