Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    This guy has a theory on Bitcoin
    The way it's happening is certainly odd, it's like each coin has it's day even though ones like dogecoin are years old it spikes etc now. Definitely a good way for a wealthy person to go about things.

Comment

Lastest two purchases were $GCR & $QASH.

To the moon.

Thinking $ICO next, it's Korean ETH and it's $10.
      Eth itself is $1100 and Chinese Eth $NEO is $100.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
        Lastest two purchases were $GCR & $QASH.

To the moon.

Thinking $ICO next, it's Korean ETH and it's $10.
        Eth itself is $1100 and Chinese Eth $NEO is $100.
        ICO = ICX?

I bought ICX at $5 so happy out. Mainnet launch coming towards the end of the month and they seem to be busy garnering partnerships all over the place.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
          ICO = ICX?

I bought ICX at $5 so happy out. Mainnet launch coming towards the end of the month and they seem to be busy garnering partnerships all over the place.

Opr
          Yup, ICO/ $ICX.

Nice ROI already for you. HODL?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
            Yup, ICO/ $ICX.

Nice ROI already for you. HODL?
            Aye, relative to similar coins I think this one is way undervalued still.

Opr

Comment

Tron, The $14 Billion Whitepaper With No Product

I think it has something like 100x'ed over the last month. Doug Polk did a video on it recently and the whitepaper is amazing

Start it at 6min 15sec roughly

Opr
              This story of my workplace sums up altcoins. We have a product call TRX at work, that also happens to be the shorthand for TRON. Therefore everybody at work bought some, for that reason alone. It's now 20x the price it was.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Coin jargon is great ,sprinkle some partnerships here,dash of networks there , smart x ,have you read the white paper?some Tech bro says it’s gonna be next big thing and you sound like you know what’s going on

Great to see it bringing back some degeneracy to this place
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-01-18, 19:43.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                    Coin jargon is great ,sprinkle some partnerships here,dash of networks there , smart x ,have you read the white paper?some Tech bro says it’s gonna be next big thing and you sound like you know what’s going on

Great to see it bringing back some degeneracy to this place
                    The weird thing is that those listening to all these idiots are probably setup for life now. It is the people who think they are too smart for all this shit and are sitting it out that have lost out. At some stage the crash will come and those people can crow about how they were right but in the mean time as I said before you can have enough money out in the short term that you give no fucks.

Opr

Comment

The weird thing is that those listening to all these idiots are probably setup for life now. It is the people who think they are too smart for all this shit and are sitting it out that have lost out. At some stage the crash will come and those people can crow about how they were right but in the mean time as I said before you can have enough money out in the short term that you give no fucks.

Opr
                      I won’t be crowing(ok that’s a lie). I was in but got out because it just felt so degenny.im sure there is ppl gonna do well out of it ,always is,but more are gonna get reamed

Comment

Could anyone tell me if this is worth buying, cant order online. Have to get one in next two days, it's needed for general browsing and attaching a hard drive with movies on to

Forget out of stock all stores.

this one maybe?

Last edited by SatNav; 08-01-18, 20:19.
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

lol

I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              lol

Is that real?
                              Edit clicked through,obv not,shame
                              Last edited by Guest; 08-01-18, 20:46.

Comment

Is that real?
                                Edit clicked through,obv not,shame
                                I think Andy knows the guy behind it.
                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I had never heard of Telegram on Saturday, and this is now the third reference I've seen on it since. What makes it better than say whatsapp?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                    I had never heard of Telegram on Saturday, and this is now the third reference I've seen on it since. What makes it better than say whatsapp?
                                    I read a few articles on the Telegram Crypto before I even googled what it was, still unsure. Another whats app/viber?

Comment

I won’t be crowing(ok that’s a lie). I was in but got out because it just felt so degenny.im sure there is ppl gonna do well out of it ,always is,but more are gonna get reamed
                                      I agree completely with the degeneracy aspect. I haven't felt that pull so hard since the height of the poker days. The wasted time watching numbers flickering on the screen of a pricing app when I am not even looking to trade as I am holding regardless at least in short term has been disgraceful.

Opr

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                            I think Andy knows the guy behind it.
                                            Yeah it's run by Ken White AKA Popehat. Top notch.
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 08-01-18, 23:39.
                                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Did another tactical interview. This time on 1-3-3-1, used by South Africa, Australia and Exeter(althoigh much differently it seems) These have been really good for me so far, helped clarify some thoughts and boosting the profile. I'm probably going to be doing a 1014 interview and also have some traction in the US at national level. I'd appreciate if you have a listen or even just click the link to boost the numbers.

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                      Watched the first of the new Black Mirror: USS Callister. Charlie Brooker is a god among men.
                                                      This is the first episode for a reason, I have found a big drop off in quality after this, have been travelling so not in my normal routine but haven't finished the series yet which is telling I think

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                        Ever since watching Okja and seeing the discussion here on animal welfare, etc... I've finally tried to avoid non-free range & organic chicken or pork products, which is impossible if you go for mass-produced pre-made food such as soups and so on.
                                                        A good step (alongside the others) would be to stop buying mass produced "meat products" and instead just fresh free range chicken.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                        I know the organic status is more ethical than free-range in terms of number of chicken per square meter,
                                                        Is it?
                                                        I would have assume that there where two separate and unrelated labels.
                                                        As in a chicken could be raised in a concentration camp and still technically organic. Maybe not.

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                        I buy all my meat for cooking from a butcher and blindly presume that they are buying better treated animals than Tesco. Helps that it tastes way better.
                                                        I think a lot of people assume that. I've no idea why.
                                                        Tesco buy their meat from farmers. Butchers by their meat from farmers. I'd imagine there's no difference at the same price points.

Comment

Watched the first of the new Black Mirror: USS Callister. Charlie Brooker is a god among men.
                                                          its really really good.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                            must step away, far too busy to get wrapped into it. but........
                                                            If you get a chance, I would actually be interested in this.

The likes of Dunnes, Supervalu etc appear in some places (SV knocklyn for example) to have a fairly good butchers.
                                                            My missus was quite convinced that if the shop had a butchers, they prepared all the packed meats as well.
                                                            Butchers counter steak = steak on the shelf that was wrapped up by the butcher that morning.
                                                            I suggested otherwise but dont really have much to back that up bar common sense....

Is there a scale on butchers counters in large stores, is supply varied from store to store or does a shitty SV get the same meat as a fancier SV?
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              must step away, far too busy to get wrapped into it. but........
                                                              Key part "same price point".

A good butcher where you paying a premium will absolutely be better quality than the value range from Tesco. But if somebody can sell meat as cheaply as Tesco, there's a reason. The trade has its tricks, as Im sure you know.

Comment

I will begrudgingly admit that skiing is OK. Still feel like an elephant on roller blades though.
                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

It’s only been one day off the ol chicken and the pangs are crazy. Free range eggs are ok I’m thinking but haven’t thought that part through 100%. I’m deffo off the chicken though.

I’m doing ok in the pressup challenge. Courier C would be very impressed the amount of weight that I’m hoisting in the mid-drift . I have one problem , when I’ve done about 25 pressups the left Elbow roars at me and nearly locks. Could this be a lack of chicken in the diet or do I need to warm up my arms before doing the press-ups. The windmill a good one? (it was back in the day) I think the fact that I carry the babbies in the right side when holding them that I’ve got an imbalance. Anyway my challenge is to do 100 nonstop by 3 months. I was drunk, vain and nostalgic when I agreed this bet and even then I knew it was going to be tough. I should have said 50. 100 was no problem in the 90s but now, hmm at least I’m able to do 30 after just a week, keeping the form correct so that’s not bad eh? EH? Two big projects for the new year there for me in case you think you are busy with yer coin mining. I think I’m setting myself up to fails both tasks (the chicken and the press-ups) but sure I’m giving it a go and no matter how slow I go I’m faster than a couch potato or a dead chicken.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                    I will begrudgingly admit that skiing is OK. Still feel like an elephant on roller blades though.
                                                                    Any interest in trying snowboarding and looking at least 67.4% cooler than the equivalent skier?

Comment

I see there's some new Revenue guidance that could throw spanners in a lot of works reensions & retirement in sunny climes:

Comment

anyone recommend a cruide operator?
                                                                        family is looking to pitch in for a cruise for me mam's 60th
                                                                        Thinking around 3k for the pair of them should cover it?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                          anyone recommend a cruide operator?
                                                                          family is looking to pitch in for a cruise for me mam's 60th
                                                                          Thinking around 3k for the pair of them should cover it?
                                                                          Trailfinders have a cruise department you could pick the brains of. You can cruise anywhere from Med to Antarctic so it's a pretty broad question.

It shouldn't be any dearer than booking direct as they get preferential rates from the operators.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            Had my first ever meeting with a pension advisor there. He grimaced immensely when I mentioned Vanguard and was pushing me into active funds, as well as offering automated emails with performance every quarter/month/week. I was always more inclined towards lumping it all into passive equity funds for most of its life and forgetting about it; is that unusual

traders aren't very good at beating the market after costs imo
                                                                            As it turns out this is the guy that's in charge of our new pension scheme. Had a meeting today.

He grimaced this time when I said I had a PRSA. He's only offering us Zurich funds. I had to cut across him and ask did he have any 100% equity passive funds.

"eh mmm, no? Why would you want them?"

Started telling me then that he thinks a correction is coming, and how well the active funds have been doing recently

I guess I have to go with it to get the employer contributions, but just so irritating to know he's getting a slice.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                              Trailfinders have a cruise department you could pick the brains of. You can cruise anywhere from Med to Antarctic so it's a pretty broad question.

It shouldn't be any dearer than booking direct as they get preferential rates from the operators.
                                                                              cheers, I'll check them out.
                                                                              It'd be the Med for that pricepoint (3k) I'd say, can't see me mam being too into antarctic weather anyway

Comment

He also couldn't believe I've a PRSA with no contribution charge. Kept coming back to it. "but are you really sure? Surely he should know his competitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

used a company called travel focus in Cork for the honeymoon and found them way easier to deal with than Trailfinders and importantly quite a bit cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                    used a company called travel focus in Cork for the honeymoon and found them way easier to deal with than Trailfinders and importantly quite a bit cheaper.
                                                                                    I'll check them out too.

I *think* someone has another half in trail finders, seem to recall something from when I was honeymoon shopping

Cheers folks

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                      Key part "same price point".

A good butcher where you paying a premium will absolutely be better quality than the value range from Tesco.

Absolutely not.The quality of supermarkets is alot higher than some people think.
                                                                                      Ask yourself where dose the local butcher get his meat/carcass from if he dont have an abattoir. Same place as the supermarkets. A good butcher will slice and dice infront of customers along with a speach on how good the meat is as hes also a sales man selling his product, you are paying for there time to chat with you effectively along with a friendly service.

But if somebody can sell meat as cheaply as Tesco, there's a reason. The trade has its tricks, as Im sure you know.

The reason for been cheap is like any product supermarkets are selling in bulk thus keeping overheads lower.
                                                                                      }

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                        I'll check them out too.

I *think* someone has another half in trail finders, seem to recall something from when I was honeymoon shopping

Cheers folks
                                                                                        Yeah that's me.

Comment

As it turns out this is the guy that's in charge of our new pension scheme. Had a meeting today.

He grimaced this time when I said I had a PRSA. He's only offering us Zurich funds. I had to cut across him and ask did he have any 100% equity passive funds.

"eh mmm, no? Why would you want them?"

Started telling me then that he thinks a correction is coming, and how well the active funds have been doing recently

I guess I have to go with it to get the employer contributions, but just so irritating to know he's getting a slice.
                                                                                          So he's only offering you active management or do I misunderstad? Ours is through BOI and my advisor from them said active is a waste of time, my man.

Comment

...

Comment

Interesting stuff in James Damore case,he’s suing google now,some of th memos are ,stuff like white males being booed at meetings,memo about removing cheesy white males from conventions etc.
                                                                                              At her press conference, Dhillon said Google shareholders will be “pretty shocked to find” that employees are spending their time “talking about furry sex clubs and toxic whiteness,” rather than doing their jobs.

Comment

Got another top 10 in fantasy footie earlier this year, more merch sent out to me.
                                                                                                Must start selling this shit off!
                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Interesting stuff in James Damore case,he’s suing google now,some of th memos are ,stuff like white males being booed at meetings,memo about removing cheesy white males from conventions etc.
                                                                                                  At her press conference, Dhillon said Google shareholders will be “pretty shocked to find” that employees are spending their time “talking about furry sex clubs and toxic whiteness,” rather than doing their jobs.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.wire...ass-google/amp
                                                                                                  Some good samples from the lawsuit in this thread:

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                    Got another top 10 in fantasy footie earlier this year, more merch sent out to me.
                                                                                                    Must start selling this shit off!
                                                                                                    Is it any better this year or the same old tat?

Comment

Maybe have a chat with your boss and ask him to find a better pension provider?
                                                                                                      Don't think it's an option unfortunately. Unless maybe I could convince them to pay into my prsa instead.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                            Some good samples from the lawsuit in this thread:

https://twitter.com/mjaeckel/status/950446329603461121
                                                                                                            I mean the guy himself is a bit of a tool but then
                                                                                                            The complaint reveals how “alternative lifestyles, including furries, polygamy, transgenderism, and plurality” were encouraged.

“For instance, an employee who sexually identifies as “a yellow-scaled wingless dragonkin” and “an expansive ornate building” presented a talk entitled “Living as a Plural Being” at an internal company event,” states the lawsuit.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 09-01-18, 15:15.

Comment

Don't think it's an option unfortunately. Unless maybe I could convince them to pay into my prsa instead.
                                                                                                              Pretty crazy that you don't have a selection of both active and passive tbh, so i'd say he's pulling a fast one. Pretty sure pension providers have to offer, high, medium and low risk options, and both active and passive solutions (I'm sure V will correct me if i'm wrong). Zurich have passive Funds so he's probably working on commission

Comment

Maybe the thing to do then would be to pick some active funds that diversify your existing holdings so at least you get some additional risk reduction benefits. E.g. if your main fund is long global indices then you are primarily long developed market growth stocks, so active fund seeking value stock opportunities, or focused on emerging markets, commodities, offer some risk diversification benefits. Although read recently that emerging markets are now about 80% correlated with developed markets.
                                                                                                                How long are emerging markets goin to remain emerging? That phrase has been in use for ages now.
                                                                                                                It’s such a western centric colonial mindset term anyway like

Comment

Screenshotting all these pension posts for later,something tells me my insomnia won’t be a problem tonight!

Comment

I mean the guy himself is a bit of a tool but then
                                                                                                                    The complaint reveals how “alternative lifestyles, including furries, polygamy, transgenderism, and plurality” were encouraged.

“For instance, an employee who sexually identifies as “a yellow-scaled wingless dragonkin” and “an expansive ornate building” presented a talk entitled “Living as a Plural Being” at an internal company event,” states the lawsuit.

From my brief reading of that it comes off more more a case of highlighting vocal liberals being in the majority in internal public discourses in Google rather than an overt company policy of repressing white males.

I think they handled him very badly as a whole and would have been better served by setting an example of shooting down his points rather than going straight for the P45 option

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                                                                      From my brief reading of that it comes off more more a case of highlighting vocal liberals being in the majority in internal public discourses in Google rather than an overt company policy of repressing white males.

I think they handled him very badly as a whole and would have been better served by setting an example of shooting down his points rather than going straight for the P45 option
                                                                                                                      Hysterical stuff, some genuine LOL's there but nothing is funnier than watching Danmore Fanbois spinning angels on the head of a pin trying to defend the indefensible.

Originally posted by MarleneJ
                                                                                                                      #DiversityAtGoogle means getting promoted for trashing middle-aged white males, but fired for telling the truth about gender differences.

Ah yeah. the Trump play of shouting something irrefutably wrong loud enough and often enough until all the stupid people believe it.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post

Yeah I think he is a a tool but still should be great watching googles dirty linen .
                                                                                                                        being aired.
                                                                                                                        The whole toxic white male meme needs to be binned too

Comment

@Keane was it you who chartered a yacht around Greece for a couple of weeks? Where did you source it? Thought there was a trip report somewhere but can't find it. Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X