Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

What do you recommend I listen to next?
    I'd recommend spending many hours listening to his 5 or so 1970's albums many times. Then after a year or so try the early 80's stuff.
    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
      I'd recommend spending many hours listening to his 5 or so 1970's albums many times. Then after a year or so try the early 80's stuff.
      That makes sense, I dipped my toe into Swordfishtrombones a little too hastily so. Cheers, I'll do that.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

That makes sense, I dipped my toe into Swordfishtrombones a little too hastily so. Cheers, I'll do that.
        Don't get me wrong. I Love Sordfishtrombones, Raindogs and 'Franks Wild Years' just as much. But think it's worth spending the time on the earlier stuff.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

shame

SPOILER
            Last edited by DeadParrot; 06-01-18, 10:49.
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

You do all know that book is basically fake news propaganda. Nice to read if you hate Trump but no confirmed truths.

Comment

Can't find any mention of him beating the crap out of the first wife? I suppose he would not have got it published without winning an expensive and lengthy battle in the courts to have the seal lifted from her affidavit.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Star Wars Rebellion board game has landed! 3-4 hours playing time, which probably means it'll take 8+ hours to play first game. Off to a spa hotel next weekend to celebrate wife finally handing in her PhD, and the plan is to spend the weekend 20% soaking in spas, 20% gorging on their five-star food, and 60% strategically battling each other in a galaxy far far away.
                  just bought the castles of Burgundy, and 7 wonders duel (we have the original game also plus every expansion pack which we love but only 2 of us playing now so bought the duel version). Both are great 2 player games, and my 12 year old just loves to take me on and kick my arse (we've stopped playing chess cause he's too good and i'm rubbish).

yours looks class but waaayyyy too long
                  Last edited by shrapnel; 06-01-18, 11:22.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                    You do all know that book is basically fake news propaganda. Nice to read if you hate Trump but no confirmed truths.
                    How can you be so sure it's all fake?
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                      How can you be so sure it's all fake?
                      How do you know its not?

Comment

How do you know its not?
                        I don't. I'd expect some truth some lies.you declared it all fake news which is a bit of a laugh.
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          I don't. I'd expect some truth some lies.you declared it all fake news which is a bit of a laugh.
                          We are agreed there is no way of telling if its facts. I tend to seek proof before believing things.

I tend then to analyse what is the motivation of the writer? A writer known as a provocateur writes extremely controversial book that feeds the EXACT need the Trump haters have at the exact right moment. He is protected in the US with their very liberal libel laws so can write basically whatever and then collect the money.

Comment

My heart goes out to the victims of the Dundalk attack this morning. Very sad.
                            We are agreed there is no way of telling if its facts. I tend to seek proof before believing things.

I tend then to analyse what is the motivation of the writer?
                            I don't live in Ireland, Your post was the first I heard about the attack and it was very clear that it was going to be a tenuous link with you using somebodys murder to push your agenda.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                I don't live in Ireland, Your post was the first I heard about the attack and it was very clear that it was going to be a tenuous link with you using somebodys murder to push your agenda.
                                It was a pretty crass post alright.

Comment

No you don't. Stop talking nonsense.

Comment

You're very cunning with how you phrase your posts, which is a little sinister imo.

Mick bluntly says what is on his mind, I disagree with most of it, but you know where you are with him, and it's clear he's a harmless soul really.

Comment

...If you want to see world class sport at its finest... Channel 4, the BDO darts are just starting...

Comment

Successfully dodged SatNav at Salzburg airport.

PAYG system sounds the way to go, ty for the tip. Kids all gone feral after 4.30am wake-up.
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

And to think, you guys wanted Clinton

Comment

Really wish that guy didn't do that parody book, funny and all that it is.

Counterproductive.

Comment

Last super boost of the holidays on sky bet today. If it loses you get your money back in cash. Man City, wolves and Newcastle all to win 4/1. Only for a tenner but still worth it

Comment

If he was raised in the hood, or had a lisp, he would have been $3,200 richer!

Comment

Suggested poll.

Hitch used to be better craic when he drank and didn't tweet.

Agree.

Disagree.

Atari jaguar.

Comment

Very last call for the 2018 Multi Sport Competition.
                                                    Entries accepted up to 9.30pm. Test your skill against fellow IPBers over 40 events across 25 different sports. And cricket.

Takes about 60 minutes to get an entry together, shouldn't be a problem on such a dead day for tv sport.

Comment

Etiquette line check.
                                                      Walking into a leisure centre going to play snooker with the brother(non gambling brother) whos a member but im notm cues in hand. 5yds away from 3 steps that up to the entrance and this lanky guy who looks like Doke only way taller and likely slower jogs past us through the entrance and up to the desk ahead of us with his duffle bag.
                                                      Now it was very cold and he didnt have a jacket(he was going into leisure facilities). This could have been a reason he jogged past because it was very cold but in my estimation it was tilted in the favour that he didnt want to be queuing behind us.
                                                      He got checked in then us and I said to my brother did you see that?. He hadnt got a clue what i was on about and didnt get my point so I had to explain to him but didnt get much discourse back.
                                                      15-20 yds away from the entrance i wouldnt be posting this but we were right there. I didnt want to call him out as im the non member and an all around humanitarian.

Comment

Did he just have to swipe check-in or was there more of a process?

Comment

You were dawdling and he was perfectly entitled to overtake.

Comment

I was just pointed to some interviews with Trump from about 5 years ago. OK he's no genius then either but he is functionally articulate over multiple sentences without repeating himself.
                                                            Huge difference from the barely coherent ramblings of the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              Did he just have to swipe check-in or was there more of a process?
                                                              No it's a bit of a slow boat check-in. Have to give your card to what's usually a new staff member and pay a nominal amount depending on your membership level.

Anyone want to know how the snooker went!

Comment

Do you have a DublinBikes card rounders?

I do have all those sorts of thoughts when I'm 25 metres from a stand and can see there's only one bicycle left. Would it be bad etiquette to run past the people walking in the same direction as me and assume they aren't going for it. But if I decide not to run and then someone runs past me what do I do. And what If I can see someone coming from the far side that looks like a potential cyclist who is further away but walking quicker.

I'm guessing you mustn't have a DB card as you'd probably have had a head explosion by now with the extra layers of complication you'd find in these situations.

Comment

Unless a queue has been formed it is as simple as first there wins.

Once a queue is formally in place, there are rules that should be followed imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    Do you have a DublinBikes card rounders?

I do have all those sorts of thoughts when I'm 25 metres from a stand and can see there's only one bicycle left. Would it be bad etiquette to run past the people walking in the same direction as me and assume they aren't going for it. But if I decide not to run and then someone runs past me what do I do. And what If I can see someone coming from the far side that looks like a potential cyclist who is further away but walking quicker.

I'm guessing you mustn't have a DB card as you'd probably have had a head explosion by now with the extra layers of complication you'd find in these situations.
                                                                    I do but rarely use it and when I do there is plenty of bikes, never seen a shortage with Dublin bikes but I'm not in the city centre prime time!. In my view to quicken your stride or especially break into a run to beat someone to an ATM or anything is bad etiquette.

Comment

Dat use of the word like in a written sentence tho

Comment

I'm sure I get it from my younger brother (gambling brother). Stephens day there is a rarity of pubs in the city you can count on to show the racing. But we stumble on this place in a hard area of the city. It's a racing haven leaving the Dame in the happeny place. It's racing only RUK and Atr and they have a bookies board prices screen like you'd see in the bookies and the barman takes your bet and rings it in. And this is Dublin!.

So a race is on and this hardshaw is watching from close quarters arms folded like his future is resting on the result of this race and the brother passes in front going to the the jacks and ducks down as he passes the screen as not to disturb the line of sight of the hardshaw, but as he does this your man does a double take at the back of the brothers head not knowing what the fuck this is and I know he's confused and simply never been extended this level of consideration in his life in the barrios.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                          I'm sure I get it from my younger brother (gambling brother). Stephens day there is a rarity of pubs in the city you can count on to show the racing. But we stumble on this place in a hard area of the city. It's a racing haven leaving the Dame in the happeny place. It's racing only RUK and Atr and they have a bookies board prices screen like you'd see in the bookies and the barman takes your bet and rings it in. And this is Dublin!.

So a race is on and this hardshaw is watching from close quarters arms folded like his future is resting on the result of this race and the brother passes in front going to the the jacks and ducks down as he passes the screen as not to disturb the line of sight of the hardshaw, but as he does this your man does a double take at the back of the brothers head not knowing what the fuck this is and I know he's confused and simply never been extended this level of consideration in his life in the barrios.
                                                                          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post

Surely that should be hardchaw?

Comment

you are obviously not familiar with the shavian subgenre in the dublin inner city
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Trump sending out a series of 'I am not insane' tweets today.

Poor John Kelly.
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Or he might have meant Rickshaw

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                    Reminded me of

Comment

Strewelpeter in good faith pm'd me a number of years ago about this. I know he's right. But this is the type of thing that can get you killed in the liberties. One little slip is all it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post

Poor John Kelly.
                                                                                        About time someone set up a gorilla channel though.

Comment

Dom is right, Derry Girls is shite. Tapped after about 7 minutes.

Comment

Yeah wasn't mad about it either.

The End of the F***ing World a far more impressive channel 4 show on the All 4 app right now.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  Was in the cinema earlier with the 6yo watching Paddington. A brilliant movie. Now I know it's a movie aimed at around that age group so wasn't mentally challenging, but was a bit impressed to without-noticing follow the entire thing even though it was in French. After about 20 mins the brain just seemed to forget it was in a different language. Bad form to be impressed by this after 2.5 years, but I do work in a fully English environment. Will have to give Bureau des Legendes a go next and hope the same thing happens. Might have subtitles on to help, but only French subtitles as can read reasonably well in French.
                                                                                                  How the fuck are you not fluent? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                    Dom is right, Derry Girls is shite. Tapped after about 7 minutes.
                                                                                                    Its genius is in the pacing, it builds up steadily to what I thought was a very funny climax. That punchline scene has one bum note
                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                    The lad pissing in the bucket didn't work IMO
                                                                                                    but its well worth waiting for. The young wans playing the leads are very good

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                          Its genius is in the pacing, it builds up steadily to what I thought was a very funny climax. That punchline scene has one bum note
                                                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                                                          The lad pissing in the bucket didn't work IMO
                                                                                                          but its well worth waiting for. The young wans playing the leads are very good
                                                                                                          I thought the blonde was a bit spastic with the head movement, especially at the start. The tall one is basically a female foyleside version of Neil from Inbetweeners.

Comment

Fire and Fury readers: http://https://m.independent.ie/opinion/comment/trump-can-eat-what-he-wants-if-he-creates-jobs-36464561.html

But here's the real clincher: the biggest revelation Trump's critics are celebrating is that he didn't actually want to win the election. Yet these same critics have spent the past year telling us Trump colluded with the Russians because he wanted to win. And they claim Trump lacks credibility?

Comment

I want to watch the latest Peakys season, I've downloaded kodi. What's the best add-on, and where do I go to figure out how to install it? I assume YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                I thought the blonde was a bit spastic with the head movement, especially at the start. The tall one is basically a female foyleside version of Neil from Inbetweeners.
                                                                                                                Yeah the inbetweeners and every other comedy ever... 21st century comedy employs Commedia dell'Arte archtype shock horror

Comment

Makes perfect sense, Trump didn't want to win but Putin did want him to.

Comment

Believe what makes you feel happy, which is basically who this book is aimed at. The Trump haters who are struggling to deal with 7 more years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                      is it possible/easy/sensible to get excel for Mac from cousins? PM appreciated if anybody can help.
                                                                                                                      PM sent

I want to watch the latest Peakys season, I've downloaded kodi. What's the best add-on, and where do I go to figure out how to install it? I assume YouTube
                                                                                                                      probably covenant, but there might be better ones since:

refer to this guy for all addon installations

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-ins...-kodi-krypton/

Comment

Terrarium if you have an android device is pretty simple stuff

Comment

Did you read it SP? I'd be very much oblivious to almost everything related to him. Is it worth reading having little knowledge of him and his escapades?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X