Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Trying to entice Andy's cat into bed.
      "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
      "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Warner out for 99 to the debutant, then called back for a no ball. Gets the ton next ball though. If anything summed up England's series, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
          brendan grace marathon
          Fireman Sam marathon since 5.30am.

Have midday to 5pm blocked off for racing,football & rugby though so will all be worth it (famous last words)......

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Have midday to 5pm blocked off for racing,football & rugby though so will all be worth it (famous last words)......
            In laws and outlaws today.
            Cbeebies since 6...im a broken man
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Sure that's no good to you, you wont see the Liverpool match.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                Sure that's no good to you, you wont see the Liverpool match.
                That'll be shown on comedy central later

Biggest surprise is he's only got five hours blocked off

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                  In laws and outlaws today.
                  Cbeebies since 6...im a broken man
                  Just a few more years to go to get to our stage...

Woke at 7.00am, everyone asleep, nice browse, cuppa and relaxation with no one to bother me... till 9.00am when Aimee and Tony got up. Aimee on her laptop just like her daddy with earphones plugged in. The silence continues!

The TV is STILL off

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                    Warner out for 99 to the debutant, then called back for a no ball. Gets the ton next ball though. If anything summed up England's series, that's it.
                    Khawaja playing like a man burdened by the weight of my money!
                    England are so bad here it's not even funny. Sad thing is I'd probably back them to beat Australia at home.

Happy Christmas all. Finally inflicted my Trivial Pursuit skills on my family yesterday. Obviously victorious although my lack of current pop music and tv soaps nearly cost me dearly.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Khawaja playing like a man burdened by the weight of my money!
                      England are so bad here it's not even funny. Sad thing is I'd probably back them to beat Australia at home.

Happy Christmas all. Finally inflicted my Trivial Pursuit skills on my family yesterday. Obviously victorious although my lack of current pop music and tv soaps nearly cost me dearly.
                      Should have had the likes of satnav on speed dial for it

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        Happy Xmas all.
                        Happy Christmas all!

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Biggest surprise is he's only got five hours blocked off
                          Thought I was doing well!

Dragged young wans over to Herbert Park for the Goal Mile followed by watching a Leinster v Munster tag rugby match. Had to abandon ship after letting out a shout for Leinster to beat the culchies and the young lad spent the next 5 minutes roaring "Culchies" as loud as he could.

Home now with a fry, betfair & racing on

Comment

I appear to have red wine tattooed to my lips and teeth.

Comment

...Kane scores 37th goal of 2017, breaks Alan Shearers record... Yeah , but does he do it in August?...

Comment

...Probably been asked before, but what's the go to site for downloading Tv shows now?...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                  ...Probably been asked before, but what's the go to site for downloading Tv shows now?...
                                  Pirate proxy

Comment

The Samsung gear VR is fooking amazing.
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                      Happy Christmas all!
                                      It was meant to be 'happy xmas all' but stupid autocorrect capitalised the x.

Comment

Leinster Second XV utterly mincing Munster in Thomond Park. Not a peep out of the crowd.

Comment

Leinster Second XV utterly mincing Munster in Thomond Park. Not a peep out of the crowd.
                                          (of a man) affectedly dainty in manner or gait; effeminate
                                          probably means something different in that context
                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

BBV curse still operating at full capacity.

Comment

Larmour and Carberry will be box office together. What a try by the former.

Comment

What a try!
                                                Fair play to Munster for showing up with a little bit of a watery, faint hearted response to Leinster's first half exhibition.

All that practice of hyper silence during kicks at Thomond coming in useful now
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                  Black Mirror. Been there, done that!
                                                  *AHEM* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diamond_Age
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Roasted sprouts chorizo and hazelnut gotta be one of the GOAT food threesomes.

Comment

Watched this in an Irish pub in Lanzarote 3 Munster fans very bullish before the game. 25 mins in some grumbling about the cold and they were gone.Leinster have great depth Stander O Mahoney very quiet the second string for Leinster very hungry and bursting with talent.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                        Roasted sprouts chorizo and hazelnut gotta be one of the GOAT food threesomes.
                                                        Thanks for the recommendation of the Pouilly Fume, suited it perfectly.

Only wish me oul fella didn't knock my glass over with a beautiful savoured mouthful left.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                          Thanks for the recommendation of the Pouilly Fume, suited it perfectly.

Only wish me oul fella didn't knock my glass over with a beautiful savoured mouthful left.
                                                          Thats the worst. Had some beef carpaccio the other night and the mrs. warned me not to drop any olive oil on my jeans when eating, and kicked over a glass when adjusting my seating position.
                                                          She got me a bottle of the below for Christmas that I'm gonna savour all to myself on NYE. My all time favourite wine and I can't see how wines that cost stupid money could be better.

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's ok to be drunk at xmas bro. Totally ok.

Comment

My ma knocked the shite out of me too. Da never did.

That's what mas of that vintage did.

Comment

I was shit faced last night. Put a pot of mulled wine on at about 9 am and was nipping from that all day. Had a beer then before the starter, wine with that, another beer getting the main ready then horsed the pinot noir out of it.

My wife made a chocolate cake for dessert and asked me to help bring the plates from the kitchen.

I splattered them all over the floor to lots of lols.

Scraped mine up and ate it.

It's ok to be drunk at xmas.

Would make a good song that.

Comment

Played this in the in laws. Mrs was suitably impressed. Video of my 50+ year old brother in law raving made it
                                                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

...Brag...Just downloaded 1st episode of Peaky Blinders Season 4, so gonna binge watch the hell out of it...
                                                                        ...Took a day longer than expected, but finished Season 4...Overall it was, good, maybe quite good...But I'm a little underwhelmed by it overall...It did have a few edge of the seats moments throughout the season, but was expecting better considering the reviews it got...

Comment

so ... just said to Mia , ( mia who left milk and carrots out for santa last night aged 12)

em ok Mia you know this was your last yr of santa but nothing changes , we still do same routine and im gonna be broke as I have to buy everything now!

bit of a sad face but fuck it , jesus she first yr sept !

genuinely dont know if she believed or not but had to be said for school reasons and what she got for xmas

and yes she is an atheist! because I told her there is no fucking knob with a long beard floating above minding her but I did tell her all her life there was lovely man with a big white beard who brought pressies every year and was advertised and promoted enough for her to believe! Jesus obv not marketed enough

happy kid!

SPOILER
                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Hi
                                                                            "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Another recommendation for Ozark on Netflix. Really fucking good.
                                                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                Another recommendation for Ozark on Netflix. Really fucking good.
                                                                                Really? thought it was appalling personally. characters are rubbish and storyline is so far fetched, you just have to laugh. Nice setting though. made me want to go there

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                  so ... just said to Mia , ( mia who left milk and carrots out for santa last night aged 12)

em ok Mia you know this was your last yr of santa but nothing changes , we still do same routine and im gonna be broke as I have to buy everything now!

bit of a sad face but fuck it , jesus she first yr sept !

genuinely dont know if she believed or not but had to be said for school reasons and what she got for xmas

and yes she is an atheist! because I told her there is no fucking knob with a long beard floating above minding her but I did tell her all her life there was lovely man with a big white beard who brought pressies every year and was advertised and promoted enough for her to believe! Jesus obv not marketed enough

happy kid!

SPOILER
                                                                                  SO are you saying she actually believed up until now there was a santa?
                                                                                  And now at her age you guys step in and start paying? surely it is a case that she should know it was always you that did it and not you are replacing?

Comment

Golfing with the oul lad today.

Went out last night to hit some balls as its been snowed under in Calgary for a bit. I came away knowing I should leave the driver at home today...
                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                      SO are you saying she actually believed up until now there was a santa?
                                                                                      And now at her age you guys step in and start paying? surely it is a case that she should know it was always you that did it and not you are replacing?
                                                                                      Good point, dunno lol. It's done now anyway.
                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                        Good point, dunno lol. It's done now anyway.
                                                                                        Would probably clear that one up, remember some first year lad in my school believed in santa. People still call him santa and laugh at him 15 years later, you can imagine how nice everyone was in their teens....

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                            Really? thought it was appalling personally. characters are rubbish and storyline is so far fetched, you just have to laugh. Nice setting though. made me want to go there
                                                                                            I watched 3 episodes. I like Jason Bateman, but it just wasn't good enough for me to continue with imo. I got through 1 episode of Godless.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                              So my sister and family turned up, and I was stinking drunk. I'm a bit embarrassed.

My bro was there looking disapproving, while my wife was giving me daggers thinking this is the last time she'll marry a non-russian, my mum was willing to convert her psychotherapy salon to me alone, but was clearly just feeling guilty for beating me as a kid.

Ah guys I feel awful.
                                                                                              This popped up while I was downloading Match of the Day. Maybe the warning could be reworded or something. Kinda NSFW if you are a Tory.

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Definite persona non grata here. The bro and bro-in-law came to help me home last night from the bar as had temporarily lost the use of my legs. Ah the whole thing is a bit stupid. I don't drink in general anymore as lost the ability to manage it, but then it massively gets away from me when I do drink. Going to play Portal 2 today and do all the apologies tomorrow. It is a bit selfish and hate being like that, but I'm a barely functioning humanoid due to not being able to handle the hangovers. The opener of Portal 2 is phenomenal. '...this is art, it relaxes you. stare at the picture for a few seconds. did that not work? here's some classical music [la la la di la di da] [BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP] you should be relaxed now ...'
                                                                                                You 100% sound like someone who should never drink for the sake of yourself and your family. If you can't, seek help.

Comment

...The joys of being back in the office after Xmas, to realise there is literally 5 people in...I thought I'd be smart not taking any extra days off, but the amount of absolute shite that has piled up over the Xmas is depressing...
                                                                                                  ...#amateurmistake...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                    You 100% sound like someone who should never drink for the sake of yourself and your family. If you can't, seek help.
                                                                                                    Was just gonna post the same. Just shouldn't drink full stop cos he sounds like he can't handle it at all. Doesn't sound like a person that could go for 2/3 pints and head home.

...The joys of being back in the office after Xmas, to realise there is literally 5 people in...I thought I'd be smart not taking any extra days off, but the amount of absolute shite that has piled up over the Xmas is depressing...
                                                                                                    ...#amateurmistake...
                                                                                                    Half day surely? OH went in today 10-1. I'm off today and only have 3 deliveries tomorrow and 2 on Friday.

You've also got a head start on that pile of shite so silver linings n all

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post

Half day surely? OH went in today 10-1. I'm off today and only have 3 deliveries tomorrow and 2 on Friday.

You've also got a head start on that pile of shite so silver linings n all
                                                                                                      ...Nope, 12:30-21:00 shift as normal, may get off a couple of hours early on Friday...I like your silver lining thinking, but it's daily shite that I usually don't have to worry about, so meh...

Comment

Played two games of Ticket to Ride Europe over the break, one during the evening of Christmas Day and the other yesterday afternoon; such a fun, fun game! Really recommend this to everyone.

The nephew got Pandemic and we also played one game of this on Christmas; not sure we fully understood what we needed to do as we played it on the 'easy' setting and still lost comprehensively - is it just really hard?

I myself got a Nintendo Switch and a few games on the big day, feckin' awesome piece of kit Also got another board game, Catan, which I know is supposed to be very good.

Comment

Pandemic can screw you with RNG but in general it's a hard game especially the first time out, if it was easy there would be no replayability. Really need people to work together. There is a great version when you get the hang of this one:

Support the Show: https://bit.ly/SupportSUSDBuy Pandemic Legacy: https://bit.ly/3aqJveLVisit SU&SD for more cardboard antics: http://bit.ly/PanLegacy---FOLLO...

Comment

Liverpool agree a deal with Southampton to sign Van Dijk for £75m

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  Liverpool agree a deal with Southampton to sign Van Dijk for £75m
                                                                                                                  Seems a bit overpriced? Didn't they agree 70 over the summer? In fairness probably improve the defence a lot and that's what liverpool badly needed. Need a goalkeeper too I imagine.
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Screeners starting to appear. Lady Bird and Three Billboards available.
                                                                                                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

He'll feel at home at Anfield -Dijk

Comment

Southampton can buy back all their players since Mike Channon

Comment

We played Arkham Horror two days ago and that's hugely difficult. Was googling nearly every decision. Looked at the Pandemic Legacy rules and decided to put that on the back burner due to the complexity.
                                                                                                                          eldritch horror is the simpler version of arkham horror

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X