Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post

Irish Election in 2018 for sure

Economic growth overstated in 2017, corrected to >1, apologies all round

Trump to drop dead fred.

Munster cry out in the semi and Leinster win the EC, Munster cry some more

England to slump to 4th in the 6 nations. (banker)

France ruining Irelands Grand Slam dream.

Mourinho has a physical fight with someone

Brexit is overshadowed by dirty sexual exposes to beat the band at the highest level in Engerland (pervs).

LolEngerland.

The Dubs for the how many is that in a row title.

Liverpool fans to shoot down an airplane containing a new player in the January window.

Teresea May to step down

Glen Hansard to ‘get the guitar’ for several more political situations

Homeless to be homed. (they all move in with Glen)

Powers to pay out on City winning the League in February.

Bitcoin to be called ‘Smitcoin’ in the tabloids. (somewhat ironically)

The Pope to visit Ireland and to be greeted with cheers and coughs from the elderly

Young people of Ireland ‘ FK YOU’ according to some tabloids

Raoul is outed by the daily Star after he is found staring at a hockey player with composure.

VforV runs off to the Bahamas with pension fund monies. He gets sunstroke

Quexit, the Queen snuffs it.

Mike Bullocks dies of shock when another fucker posts a video of a man being mauled by a tiger in the Zoo.
    Powers paid out on city me thinks
    So well for next years predictions one up already

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
      Powers paid out on city me thinks
      So well for next years predictions one up already
      Yep. Almost a month ago now

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Comment

The Queens not dead...right?

Comment

Bch was surging over 4k there. Means my 100e became over 10k in 2 years choo choo. Seems you can't go wrong buying any fecking crypto right now, all just going up.

2018 100k bitcoin. This will age poorly.
                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 20-12-17, 18:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                  The Queens not dead...right?
                  Hope not. I'm really enjoying watching the Crown.

Comment

While Bitcoin falls the privacy coins are flying. The two I own small amounts of Verge(XVG) and Monero have doubled since I mentioned them here a few days back. Monero solves real problems that exist and has reasons why people would want to own it.

Monero has a huge advantage over other cryptos whose privacy features are only optional while Monero has been built from the ground up with privacy as the core driving feature. It is the only private crypto in use today which is truly fungible as all transactions are private and created equal. If you believe that crypos are a good store of wealth then it makes sense the store would be private in nature.

Still have no idea if the whole market is overvalued massively because of Bitcoin so hard to know any real true price of any of these coins in this market. Still as I said a few days back at least I understand the need and why people are buying these coins.

Opr

Comment

I'm probably guilty but we probably should be setting up a Crypto after time thread by now.

Comment

The problem with crypto value is its only worth that if you cash out.
                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Nah we never got around to it.
                          We must come up with something funky for next year. Choose your weapons!
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            The problem with crypto value is its only worth that if you cash out.
                            This is true.

Well I've topped up my Bitcoin today, as good a day as any.

Comment

Interesting article here for a different point of view.

The next most popular word in any crypto conversation next to “Bitcoin” is certainly “Bubble”. There is no way to avoid any sort of…

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                Hope not. I'm really enjoying watching the Crown.
                                I assume you are joking? I actually am watching the Crown. Seen the second season advertised when I was in Scotland at the beginning of the month and downloaded to watch on the plane home. I am actually enjoying it, which surprised me as I could never stand the Royals.

Comment

Scenes at Ashton Gate!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    Scenes at Ashton Gate!
                                    Refreshingly honest answer from Joe Bryan after scoring that pinger -

"Talk us through that goal"
                                    "I dunno, honestly I dunno, I don't remember"

Cool as a cucumber.
                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

'quantum computing to be fully proven as working'. What did that even mean?

Comment

Booooooooooo!

Chelsea v Arsenal
                                        Manchester City v Bristol City

Comment

Booooooooooo!

Chelsea v Arsenal
                                          What type of team will Wenger put out do you think?

Comment

Booooooooooo!

Chelsea v Arsenal
                                            Awesome draw.
                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                              What type of team will Wenger put out do you think?
                                              I reckon he'll play a similar team to the one he's played throughout but may strengthen the bench. Can't see him losing faith with that team and there is a decent bit of strength in there. He never shies from playing the reserves regardless of what team he's playing. I hope he stays through to it anyway.

Comment

I reckon he'll play a similar team to the one he's played throughout but may strengthen the bench. Can't see him losing faith with that team and there is a decent bit of strength in there. He never shies from playing the reserves regardless of what team he's playing. I hope he stays through to it anyway.
                                                There is of course an argument to be made that the CC/EL team has been more impressive that the league team, certainly their application and work ethic looks superior to me.

Comment

Gonna give Godless a watch.

Will report back.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                    I assume you are joking? I actually am watching the Crown. Seen the second season advertised when I was in Scotland at the beginning of the month and downloaded to watch on the plane home. I am actually enjoying it, which surprised me as I could never stand the Royals.
                                                    Not at all. Best drama on TV in years. Watched the first season a couple of months ago and am close to finishing the second season. And I grew up reading Tim Pat Coogan.

Comment

Think the opening to the fourth or fifth episode this season (can't remember which) would be in my top 5 favourite ever.
                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 20-12-17, 23:01.

Comment

2018 Multi-Sport Comp.

Seemed to be enough interest that this just might be a runner (or a complete failure)

After feedback have removed one horse racing event, and added Athletics, UFC, Wrestling & Golf Ryder Cup to bring it up to 40 events. And changed the Darts.
                                                        Will allow 3 changes throughout the year to events, 7 days before they start.

Planning to go 'live' next week with a view to closing entries on the 6th Jan at €40 an entry.

40 events, should be enough of a spread to put people out of their comfort zone on at least a few. Still welcome feedback re everything and open to further tweaks.
                                                        SPOILER

Comment

When are the Darts Premier League Players announced? Will be tricky to pick last place without knowing who's in, unless it comes out at the end of the Worlds before this kicks off? Could pick who finishes 2nd maybe?

Comment

When are the Darts Premier League Players announced? Will be tricky to pick last place without knowing who's in, unless it comes out at the end of the Worlds before this kicks off? Could pick who finishes 2nd maybe?
                                                            They announced it after the final (1st Jan) the last few years so hoping they do similar.

Comment

Not at all. Best drama on TV in years. Watched the first season a couple of months ago and am close to finishing the second season. And I grew up reading Tim Pat Coogan.
                                                              Yep. It's superb.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                    In how stuff is computed, everything changes.

Currently if you have a lot of things you want to compute to solve a problem you perform a whole lot of little operations and check each one as the result or a step towards it.
                                                                    All very sequential.
                                                                    In quantum computing you put all the possible states into the function that performs an algorithm that is indistinguishable from magic and the answer falls out.

The time needed for all manner of complicated things drops from what it's now practically eternity to instant.
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                        INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          In how stuff is computed, everything changes.

Currently if you have a lot of things you want to compute to solve a problem you perform a whole lot of little operations and check each one as the result or a step towards it.
                                                                          All very sequential.
                                                                          In quantum computing you put all the possible states into the function that performs an algorithm that is indistinguishable from magic and the answer falls out.

The time needed for all manner of complicated things drops from what it's now practically eternity to instant.
                                                                          I'm pretty sure Zuutroy meant his question to be deeper than this. You hardly think he doesn't understand what quantum computing is.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                              I'm pretty sure Zuutroy meant his question to be deeper than this. You hardly think he doesn't understand what quantum computing is.
                                                                              I thought SP was giving a long sarcastic answer.

I dunno I need to balance my ranges .

Comment

Today's task is to hunt down and skin the absolute fucker that just posted the name of the winner of Survivor on twitter.
                                                                                An ironic death

Comment

If quantum computing is proved commercially realistic, then bitcoin goes to 0 instantly....

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                    If quantum computing is proved commercially realistic, then bitcoin goes to 0 instantly....
                                                                                    So where can I buy a qubit?

Comment

I am just starting Episode 8 in Season 2

Think the opening to the fourth or fifth episode this season (can't remember which) would be in my top 5 favourite ever.
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      Episode 4 started with the wedding of some girl and Margaret was there and met Armstrong-Jones and Episode 5 was the Britains First type guy going and hitting the peer after he did his news report

I have found it all very interesting. She sure put up with some shit in her life. I love Margaret, she is great!

Comment

Was back in dublin for an afternoon on tuesday. Flew back for my dad's surprise birthday. First time I've taken the #16 bus from the airport into town. Through Santry, marino, drumcondra and down O'connell street. To me it seems that the whole stretch of the city is dying and decaying. I also didn't know that DCU bought St. Pats so that was a surprise. Clerys closed and Ann Summers closing down. So many places just gone.

Was a shock to me.

Comment

My query was with the phrasing 'fully proven as working', which doesn't really make any sense. 'Commercially functional' in his next post does a better job of it!

Comment

Bitcoin seems to be the thing to do. Some sort of price prediction that approximates to evens. E.g. price not leaving range of 5k to 40k vs the outlier prices. Not quite sure what an evens bet would be though.
                                                                                            My prediction is....swongs.

Find something else, I genuinely have no idea what will happen with BTC.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                              INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER
                                                                                              I read this again about two weeks ago. Its always so enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                or at least the ability to keep it secure does... it'll still have value if we say it does, we will just need to figure out a way to keep it secure.

But then we will need to do that for everything that uses current encryption methods.

Comment

It's hardly 80 euro to check a bag on to Ryan Air
                                                                                                  , is there a cheaper way. Mrs flushdraw, you know this stuff??

Also can I bring my normal hand luggage. Or what's the story. Fucking site so annoying
                                                                                                  Last edited by SatNav; 21-12-17, 10:09.
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

Also can I bring my normal hand luggage. Or what's the story. Fucking site so annoying
                                                                                                    40e each way? Yeah, that's the damage these days.

You can still bring a laptop bag and 10kg bag with you. If you're priority boarding, you can bring your 10kg bag on the plane with you. If you're non priority, then they take your 10kg and place it in the hold free of charge. As priority, they still take your 10kg if you want, but if you're checking in a normal 20kg bag, then you might aswel fly non priority and get your other bag taken in the hold too.

Comment

You have a lot of skying stuff with you, yeah? Is there no way you can use one of those size bags I put up for all the sky stuff and put your normal stuff into a carry on case? Those bags I showed are fab for taking loads on a plane and as Tony said, if you don't get priority and the flight is full you can shove it all in the hold. It really will depend how much stuff you have. If it is bulky snow stuff, get a vacuum bag and shrink it and pack it.

It is very rare I need a case checked in. They used to do it cheaper to check a case in with a childs passport, so double check that option. It was half the price. But get those bags! you dont need to get on ebay. We got them from a shop.

Is Mia going I take it?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                        Ill go with being confused about who was asking rather teaching the physics prof to suck eggs
                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                          While Bitcoin falls the privacy coins are flying. The two I own small amounts of Verge(XVG) and Monero have doubled since I mentioned them here a few days back. Monero solves real problems that exist and has reasons why people would want to own it.

Monero has a huge advantage over other cryptos whose privacy features are only optional while Monero has been built from the ground up with privacy as the core driving feature. It is the only private crypto in use today which is truly fungible as all transactions are private and created equal. If you believe that crypos are a good store of wealth then it makes sense the store would be private in nature.

Still have no idea if the whole market is overvalued massively because of Bitcoin so hard to know any real true price of any of these coins in this market. Still as I said a few days back at least I understand the need and why people are buying these coins.

Opr
                                                                                                          The additional privacy afforded by Monero compared to btc is a very minor positive when considering it as a store of wealth when compared to its volatility.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            You have a lot of skying stuff with you, yeah? Is there no way you can use one of those size bags I put up for all the sky stuff and put your normal stuff into a carry on case? Those bags I showed are fab for taking loads on a plane and as Tony said, if you don't get priority and the flight is full you can shove it all in the hold. It really will depend how much stuff you have. If it is bulky snow stuff, get a vacuum bag and shrink it and pack it.

It is very rare I need a case checked in. They used to do it cheaper to check a case in with a childs passport, so double check that option. It was half the price. But get those bags! you dont need to get on ebay. We got them from a shop.

Is Mia going I take it?
                                                                                                            Too late to order those bags. Gonna wear the skiing jackets. Put rest in one biggish case to book on and normal clothes in three small carry on cases. Ya mia going.

What started as I thought was a 2 k hol is now mounting to 5 k ish fucking ridiculous. Never again!!!
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Skiiing/snowboarding is a rich man's game, particularly in Europe! Can be done on the cheap but you need to put a lot of work into it and go to Eastern Europe probably; did one lad's snow holiday to Zakopane in Poland years ago, awesome trip and fairly cheap but very different vibe to the likes of Austria.

Comment

Too late to order those bags. Gonna wear the skiing jackets. Put rest in one biggish case to book on and normal clothes in three small carry on cases. Ya mia going.

What started as I thought was a 2 k hol is now mounting to 5 k ish fucking ridiculous. Never again!!!
                                                                                                                Take the kid to Austin Texas (September) or Nashville. That ol Skiing lark is not for culchies. Get her some concentrated/ focused guitar lessons and she can blow them away singing about her mad drunken mother and her childhood in the sticks. They love that shit over there. Grab yourself a keyboard and you can be the new Crystal Swing Mammy.

Comment

I tried a little in Queenstown at the start of the season, full day of falling over but I'll try again at some stage.
                                                                                                                  We were supposed to go for New Years but I couldn't justify the price, especially given I'm not working.

A couple of people I was speaking to highly recommended Japan as a ski destination.
                                                                                                                  It's somewhere I've always wanted to visit so maybe Jan-Feb 2019 it could be an option
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 21-12-17, 13:55.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                    I tried a little in Queenstown at the start of the season, full day of falling over but I'll try again at some stage.
                                                                                                                    We were suppose to go for New Years but I couldn't justify the price, especially given I'm not working.
                                                                                                                    We like to refer to it as Cobh these days.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Ah, that sweet moment where you say 'fuck it, I am not doing any more work in 2017'.

Comment

Seems to be pricey alright. I was hoping I could just lounge about all day once the kids had been packed off to ski school but apparently no, I must attempt it.

Kids already warned that summer holidays will be in Ireland next year.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        The unspoken words 'in Granny's house in Galway' may yet be uttered

Comment

You can buy in shops that do luggage. We bought ours from a shop. So you have time if you really want to get them! I have learned to not overpack now and only take what I realistically will wear. Makes a difference!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X