Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish the rumour mill could keep the story straight.
    One minute it's a random innocent bloke. The next it's a targeted attack on a harden thug just out of the 'joy

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
      I wish the rumour mill could keep the story straight.
      One minute it's a random innocent bloke. The next it's a targeted attack on a harden thug just out of the 'joy
      Maybe it’s both?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        Maybe it’s both?
        Sure, if there was two different blokes beaten up. Didn't think of that.
        I doubt any of the clickbsir "news" sites dug that deep though.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          He's all over FB again tonight adding another dirty string to his bow

http://mmaimports.com/2017/11/report...-night-dublin/
          If he'd been in a fight in a boozer I'd have thought there'd have been loads of videos up within an hour (all with the phone camera held the wrong way). Seems very implausible that someone didn't catch it and that we have to rely on hearsay reports.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
            Jaysus, I guess FG have internal polling telling them an overall majority is on the cards.
            for FF if they keep going down this road
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
              Do those attached images work for everybody else still? Haven't worked for me in ages.
              Attached no. Embedded/hotlinked yes
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

They really don't think much of us do they
                Episodes like this always make me wonder how much is actually going on, they must be so used to things getting by. If FF had any decency she'd fall on her sword and get the whole thing over with.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                Clearly paying by phone is only going to increase, but I can also see a case for a misplaced / stolen phone not resulting in people just lying down on the spot, shivering, and starving to death.
                Yeah they've been around for years, dunno why they haven't caught on. In China according to my friend everything is done entirely through your phone. Even gambling; at the end of the game every ships over what they owe. Not sure what happens if you're battery goes? Maybe chargers are ubiquitous in shops? A possible reason why my Chinese phone has a several day battery.

Comment

This product was ready in 2015
                  If you have not already pre-ordered, you will have to wait until next year when the SWYP card will go on sale. Please join our waitlist or subscribe to our social media feeds for regular updates.
                  Swyp may look like just another Coin credit card alternative, but its creator says Swyp is smarter. The card learns from user behavior and holds up to 25 cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                    Your house swap offer is hereby accepted.
                    Don't forget every new homeowner needs a cat.

Can you spot why? The hint is in the word homeowner.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                      Don't forget every new homeowner needs a cat.

May you live in interesting times!

Comment

With the stroke of a pen, California Gov. Gray Davis signed legislation that gave prison guards, park rangers, Cal State professors and other state employees the kind of retirement security normally reserved for the wealthy.

More than 200,000 civil servants became eligible to retire at 55 — and in many cases collect more than half their highest salary for life. California Highway Patrol officers could retire at 50 and receive as much as 90% of their peak pay for as long as they lived.
                        Jaysus.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Yeah they've been around for years, dunno why they haven't caught on. In China according to my friend everything is done entirely through your phone. Even gambling; at the end of the game every ships over what they owe. Not sure what happens if you're battery goes? Maybe chargers are ubiquitous in shops? A possible reason why my Chinese phone has a several day battery.
                          Tapping your phone on the card reader is big enough here. I haven't set it up myself as I have always have my card there to tap.
                          I have forgot my walket once or twice. My bank has an option for cardless cash which is handy.

Comment

This product was ready in 2015

Swyp may look like just another Coin credit card alternative, but its creator says Swyp is smarter. The card learns from user behavior and holds up to 25 cards.

http://www.swypcard.com/faq/
                            Its a solution awaiting a problem just as it was when the same thing was developed in Dublin in 2003.
                            The problem isn't getting the applications onto the card it is managing the competing interests of the various card issuers including amongst other issues data protection and data sharing.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Other than the DoJ looking like a bureaucratic cancer TBH I dont see what has changed for Frances Fitz since she stood up in the Dail last week.
                              There is a Tribunal in place but it seems with Sinn Fein IRA driving the bus Kangaroo courts are preferred to real ones.
                              End result will be that SF get their head on a plate and the scum running the DoJ walk off into the sunset with inflated pensions, plus ca change

Comment

Comment

Presented without comment.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                    Sure, if there was two different blokes beaten up. Didn't think of that.
                                    I doubt any of the clickbsir "news" sites dug that deep though.
                                    Seems fairly obvious that some of the people reporting the incident knew who the guy was, and some of them didn't, shirley?
                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      Yep. If you have some sort of adblocker or firewall rules, make an exception for IPB (if you want).
                                      I don't have either running here and they never work for me

Comment

I don't have either running here and they never work for me
                                        Attachments such as Jack posted never work for some reason alright, but I thought Keane was jus talking about regular embedded images, tweets, etc? Perhaps I'm wrong.

Also, you should comment Jack as it's impossible to read the way you posted it.

Comment

Attachments such as Jack posted never work for some reason alright, but I thought Keane was jus talking about regular embedded images, tweets, etc? Perhaps I'm wrong.

Providing access to jobs, opportunities and career-long support in the creative industries for people from under-represented communities.

BBC restricting jobs based on race, wonder what the general consensus on this is?

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                            https://creativeaccess.org.uk/opport...st-journalist/

BBC restricting jobs based on race, wonder what the general consensus on this is?
                                            I assume they have a mandated quota that they have to fulfill, much like gender quotas in politics, etc.

On the face of it, it's ridiculous, but I'd say they have no choice.

Comment

No I was talking about attachments. Funnily enough they one wombatman posted last night showed up ok on my phone later, but maybe he had embedded it later.

You used to be able to click on the attachment thumbnail and it would enlarge in a layover type thing, but now it only seems to get half way.

Comment

Am being absolutely pestered by recruiters at the moment. Here's hoping for a big uplift in my near future.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

https://creativeaccess.org.uk/opport...st-journalist/

I'm typically not that bothered by these types of quotas. For something like a trainee broadcast journalist there's not exactly going to be much (any) important differences in skills between one applicant and another. If you have loads of whiteys and nobody else you should probably go looking for some elses to balance it up a bit.

That being said, it should be the case that if the BBC has no white broadcasters at some stage they should go looking for them also.

Comment

Presented without comment.
                                                    That is a comment mate.

In other news, Hup
                                                    "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                    "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Tanaiste resigning.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        Tanaiste resigning.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                          [IMG]Ugh couldn't look at that twice
                                                          Terrific victory for kangaroo courts and mob justice.
                                                          The guilty walk away untouched and populist gombeens get their day in the sun.
                                                          The same lads who decided on the strategy to take against McCabe and fed Alan Kelly will be laughing all the way to their retirement parties.

Bonus points for stupidity when we end up with a SinnFein IRA / FF Government just in time for the resumption of the border campaign on the centenary of the civil war. GTFO
                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 28-11-17, 12:49.

Comment

Are you typically a Fine Gael supporter SP?

Comment

A victory for people who think a minister telling repeated bare-faced lies to parliament is undemocratic.

Comment

Are you typically a Fine Gael supporter SP?
                                                                When you look at the alternatives....

Comment

Incoming sexism allegations in 5... 4.... 3... 2....

Comment

A victory for people who think a minister telling repeated bare-faced lies to parliament is undemocratic.
                                                                    yeah, he should have sacked her on Friday. Leo has lost all of his honeymoon political capital here. The funny thing is that I'm not sure anyone else has gained.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      Other than the DoJ looking like a bureaucratic cancer TBH I dont see what has changed for Frances Fitz since she stood up in the Dail last week.
                                                                      There is a Tribunal in place but it seems with Sinn Fein IRA driving the bus Kangaroo courts are preferred to real ones.
                                                                      End result will be that SF get their head on a plate and the scum running the DoJ walk off into the sunset with inflated pensions, plus ca change
                                                                      The emails produced yesterday demonstrated that:

A) she was lying last week
                                                                      B) the Tribunal she and FG are claiming should go through all of this hasn't received all of the pertinent information, and probably will never receive all of the information

She had to go and, if as reported Vardarkar was informed of the further emails on Friday, his decision to continue backing her and send his Ministers and Backbenchers onto the media defending her was bizarre.

You might not like it, but SF were spot on to call for a No Confidence motion in a minister repeatedly lying to the Dail.
                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Terrific victory for kangaroo courts and mob justice.
                                                                        The guilty walk away untouched and populist gombeens get their day in the sun.
                                                                        The same lads who decided on the strategy to take against McCabe and fed Alan Kelly will be laughing all the way to their retirement parties.

Bonus points for stupidity when we end up with a SinnFein IRA / FF Government just in time for the resumption of the border campaign on the centenary of the civil war. GTFO

B) the Tribunal she and FG are claiming should go through all of this hasn't received all of the pertinent information, and probably will never receive all of the information

She had to go and, if as reported Vardarkar was informed of the further emails on Friday, his decision to continue backing her and send his Ministers and Backbenchers onto the media defending her was bizarre.

You might not like it, but SF were spot on to call for a No Confidence motion in a minister repeatedly lying to the Dail.
                                                                        All are correct.

She should have been fired rather than let step down. Who gives a shit about her dignity when it comes down to it. You wouldn't have seen Alistair Campbell soft touching this mess.

The investigation into who was responsible for the incredible clumsy attempt to smear McCabe should continue and other people should be punished in addition rather than instead of her.

The embarrassing levels of incompetence involved in the frame job points to incredibly stupid people in pretty senior positions which is a pretty big problem for the running of a police force so for that reason alone they should continue to dig.

Comment

Sacked v Resigned. Any financial differences for the offender ?

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                            All are correct.

She should have been fired rather than let step down. Who gives a shit about her dignity when it comes down to it. You wouldn't have seen Alistair Campbell soft touching this mess.

The investigation into who was responsible for the incredible clumsy attempt to smear McCabe should continue and other people should be punished in addition rather than instead of her.

The embarrassing levels of incompetence involved in the frame job points to incredibly stupid people in pretty senior positions which is a pretty big problem for the running of a police force so for that reason alone they should continue to dig.
                                                                            It seems like the facts of the situation didn't actually matter in Leo's head.

He was determined to smack down Mehole Martin amd that, as far as he was concerned, was the overriding objective. Pretty poor judgement all round.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                              Sacked v Resigned. Any financial differences for the offender ?
                                                                              She's 67. I'd say it makes feck all difference.

Comment

She's 67. I'd say it makes feck all difference.
                                                                                I shall not weep for her . However is there a difference normally ?because if there is, a sacking should be demanded. Even her initials condemn her.

Comment

It seems like the facts of the situation didn't actually matter in Leo's head.

He was determined to smack down Mehole Martin amd that, as far as he was concerned, was the overriding objective. Pretty poor judgement all round.
                                                                                  it just seems to be the type of political crisis that could haven been easily managed with a bit of thought.

I guess it shows there is no big Machiavellian power in irish politics as the ineptitude on display here would be insulting to a half decent politic planner.
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

A is not true. Simple as
                                                                                    B is an indictment of the doJ and the people running it not the Minister in charge. But of course the mob of hurlers on the ditch, too afraid to govern themselves has already shifted their pea brained focus to Charlie Flanagan

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    it just seems to be the type of political crisis that could haven been easily managed with a bit of thought.

I guess it shows there is no big Machiavellian power in irish politics as the ineptitude on display here would be insulting to a half decent politic planner.
                                                                                    This

Comment

In more important news....

UNILAD brings you the latest news, funniest videos & viral stories from around the world. Sit back, relax & let us entertain you.

Comment

A is not true. Simple as
                                                                                        B is an indictment of the doJ and the people running it not the Minister in charge. But of course the mob of hurlers on the ditch, too afraid to govern themselves has already shifted their pea brained focus to Charlie Flanagan
                                                                                        Not true? She said she had no knowledge of the subject. Yesterday's emails are very clear that she did. How is that not lying?

The Minister is accountable. The buck stops at the top and all of that. Certainly it's naive / incompetent / underhanded to be shouting for the due process of a tribunal that clearly hasn't been provided with all of the facts.
                                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Flying back to Malta this eve. Gates close at 6.10pm for a 6.40 flight.

I have to check a back in, so should getting there about 4.30 be ok?

Comment

Not true? She said she had no knowledge of the Strategy.
                                                                                            FYP

Try actually reading her statement instead of swallowing SinnFein IRA propaganda hook line and sinker.

Comment

FYP

Try actually reading her statement instead of swallowing SinnFein IRA propaganda hook line and sinker.
                                                                                              Ah here - the emails from yesterday make it clear that the strategy was to undermine him and added suggestions of what she or the commissioner should say publicly if asked for comment. The deflections and whataboutery are boring to be frank.

Comment

I'm typically not that bothered by these types of quotas. For something like a trainee broadcast journalist there's not exactly going to be much (any) important differences in skills between one applicant and another. If you have loads of whiteys and nobody else you should probably go looking for some elses to balance it up a bit.

That being said, it should be the case that if the BBC has no white broadcasters at some stage they should go looking for them also.
                                                                                                If there’s no difference in applications why do they require special entry for “non whites”. Merit should always be the deciding factor in a job application but the world is moving away from that. Very interesting Joe Rogan podcast on the guy fired from google about his comments on hiring based on race and gender. Basically, the Asians had the highest standards to get in because they were the most skilled and coloured ethnic minorities had the lowest. If there was ever a problem everyone went to the Asians because they knew they were the best of the best.

In regard to the BBC, I believe hiring based on race effects their journalistic intergrity and should be a bias you factor in when reading or watching anything they produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                  Flying back to Malta this eve. Gates close at 6.10pm for a 6.40 flight.

I have to check a back in, so should getting there about 4.30 be ok?
                                                                                                  Should be plenty of time.

Comment

If there’s no difference in applications why do they require special entry for “non whites”. Merit should always be the deciding factor in a job application but the world is moving away from that. Very interesting Joe Rogan podcast on the guy fired from google about his comments on hiring based on race and gender. Basically, the Asians had the highest standards to get in because they were the most skilled and coloured ethnic minorities had the lowest. If there was ever a problem everyone went to the Asians because they knew they were the best of the best.

In regard to the BBC, I believe hiring based on race effects their journalistic intergrity and should be a bias you factor in when reading or watching anything they produce.
                                                                                                    I dunno I think the sort of screeching you always get about merit is a load of auld rubbish in a lot of cases.

I'm confident the BBC will be able to find a couple of black people and Asians with enough merit to be capable of reading a teleprompter in front of a camera.

Not sure how I should factor it into my watching of shows they produce but I'll give it a go.

Comment

I dunno I think the sort of screeching you always get about merit is a load of auld rubbish in a lot of cases.

I'm confident the BBC will be able to find a couple of black people and Asians with enough merit to be capable of reading a teleprompter in front of a camera.

Not sure how I should factor it into my watching of shows they produce but I'll give it a go.
                                                                                                      Here is the weather , read by Pocahontas

Many moons of white cloud followed by big water from sky. Valleys will flood. Skinny armed white man not make unnecessary journeys

Comment

Ah here - the emails from yesterday make it clear that the strategy was to undermine him..

The deflections and whataboutery are boring to be frank.

A/ You'll have to spell out how that works
                                                                                                        and B/ It wouldn't matter if it said, "Hey Frances, The Commissioner has said she's going to play this by standing over an accusation that McCabe is a Peado even though she knows he's not" there was nothing she could have done about it legally.

But I suppose you really think that she knew exactly what was going on and decided that it was worth letting them carry on and pretending she didn't know and then personally continued to hide evidence from Charlton even after O'Sullivan was gone

The truth is usually mundane and boring when put beside the kind of tin foil hat fantasies dreamed up by the likes of MaryLou.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 28-11-17, 15:55.

Comment

A/ You'll have to spell out how that works
                                                                                                          and B/ It wouldn't matter if it said, "Hey Frances, The Commissioner has said she's going to play this by standing over an accusation that McCabe is a Peado even though she knows he's not" there was nothing she could have done about it legally.

But I suppose you really think that she knew exactly what was going on and decided that it was worth letting them carry on and pretending she didn't know and then personally continued to hide evidence from Charlton even after O'Sullivan was gone

The truth is usually mundane and boring when put beside the kind of tin foil hat fantasies dreamed up by the likes of MaryLou.
                                                                                                          Why are you focusing on sinn fein here so much? It was FF and possibly even some of the independents whose pressure forced her out.

Comment

Why are you focusing on sinn fein here so much? It was FF and possibly even some of the independents whose pressure forced her out.
                                                                                                            In the end, her own party told her to go.

For what it's worth, I don't see any great conspiracy here (if there was, they would have done a better job!). I see incompetence everywhere. And some highly timely leaking from inside the DoJ.

FF was taken down by her own civil servants. She certainly deserved it mind.

Comment

Don't make any mistake about it, Sinn Fein IRA are now at the wheel of the FF bus. Everything FF do or say between now and the formation of the next Government is about their position relative to SF.

Comment

You are a good dude SP but sometimes you just come across as a crazy person

Comment

Would be class if Leo had had some special “just resign” socks that rolled out for Francis Fitzgerald when he called her in for a chat

Comment

Don't make any mistake about it, Sinn Fein IRA are now at the wheel of the FF bus. Everything FF do or say between now and the formation of the next Government is about their position relative to SF.
                                                                                                                    SF living rent free in your head m8

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                        It was SF who started the whole thing last week? Only then did FF get involved. This was literally the news last week about how FF was reluctantly dragged into the situation because of a need to be seen to be acting with something resembling a backbone.
                                                                                                                        Ya, but if there was no merit to it then then it would have blown over quickly. Strewelly blaming the shinners for it is real conspiracy theory type shit and he loses any objectivity when they are involved. I say this as someone who has no intention of ever voting for them.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X