Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His tweets are either getting more childish and less statesmanlike by the week, or he's having some impact on my sanity... I can't help but hear a whiny version of Trump's voice in my head when I read them.
    Last edited by ionapaul; 27-11-17, 16:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      How can you call yourself a vegan and shill environmentally catastrophic BTC
      Do you not know how much unnecessary suffering was caused to furry creatures to generate the last coin?
      #
      Only semi serious question
      BTC does seem like an incredible waste of electricity alright,seen it mentioned a bit

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
        https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...47410472480769

His tweets are either getting more childish and less statesmanlike by the week, or he's having some impact on my sanity... I can't help but hear a whiny version of Trump's voice in my head when I read them.
        We should have a contest as to which of the Networks, plus CNN and not including Fox, is the most dishonest, corrupt and/or distorted in its political coverage of your favorite President (me). They are all bad. Winner to receive the FAKE NEWS TROPHY!
        is he excluding fox from a fake news contest because he knows it'd win ?

we are living in an amazing age. The most powerful figurehead in the world is a bona-fide fucking moron
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          Your house swap offer is hereby accepted.
          Careful what you wish for
          Hopefully it'll be another 30 years before I move.
          I've actually been looking at some options to re-jig the whole set up recently, ine is a very poorly designed house so I'm thinking about removing a couple of extraneous bedroom and opening it up to the garden a bit.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Gholimoli View Post
            shit,am i too late for the Muslim debate?
            When the Mutawa lock you up for running dodgy home games do you think we are going to bail you out

Comment

They are rather nice. I use one in work for client demos quite a bit.
              These are a must buy for anyone looking for a laptop. Fast light etc. Screen resolution is support for multi tabling ( if there are any poker players left here). Makes far more sense than any macbook that will be twice the price. Windows laptop's for this price wont be a patch on it.
              sigpic
              Longshotvalue.com

Comment

When the Mutawa lock you up for running dodgy home games do you think we are going to bail you out

this actually happened .
                was in jail for only 15 days but did cross my mind at the time to seek help from Ireland should they actually convict me of "Head of a major gambling ring" or at least try and serve my sentence here.

there was an article about me in the paper and everything.

Comment

this actually happened .
                  was in jail for only 15 days but did cross my mind at the time to seek help from Ireland should they actually convict me of "Head of a major gambling ring" or at least try and serve my sentence here.

Story time...
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

this actually happened .

Bit of a Deer Hunter vibe there. Gholimoli goes underground to satisfy his thirst for the game that turned him into a demented and damaged man, constantly trying to match that high where he beat the bullets.

Comment

One of the high stakes PLO regs posted his results graph for the last 5 years.

Originally posted by cumicon
                      I am quitting poker and want to share my graph now that I don't need to worry about killing any potential action I might get. I always enjoyed seeing inspiring graphs posted on 2p2, so I'm happy to contribute mine. These are my results over the past 5 years. I did this without ever really working on my game away from the tables, so its still possible to be a lazy poker player and make money in today's games. In the graph, I removed 100/200 and 200/400 because they distort the graph too much and aren't very indicative of my real results since I sell a large % when I play there. Also, please don't send me any coaching requests, I am not interested.
                      Pretty epic graph. 7.5m in winnings while running a mil below EV and running at 25.3 bb/100 over 1.3 million hands!

Opr
                      Last edited by Opr; 27-11-17, 17:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                        How many cards do people carry in their wallet by the way? My trusted wallet that has served me well for about a decade is starting to fall apart and I can't seem to find a decent replacement. I used to carry a lot of shite in my wallet but have cut loads of stuff out but I can't seem to get it below 7 cards that I use on a very regular basis, which still seems like a high number. Cards in question are

Debit Card
                        Credit Card
                        Work Credit Card
                        Driving Licence
                        Leap Card
                        Dublin Bikes Scheme Card
                        Loyalty Card (for one partiucalar place that I use a lot)
                        AIB ViSA Card
                        AvantCard VISA Card
                        AIB Debit Card
                        Revolut Card
                        Skrill Card
                        Paddypower Cash Card
                        PTSB ATM Card
                        European Health Insurance Card
                        Irish Poker Series Players Card
                        Work ID
                        O'Briens Loyalty Card
                        Drivers Licence
                        SIPTU Members Card
                        Brown Thomas gift card.

I think i need a cull

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                          Story time...
                          I have no doubt my story beats this kid Ibrahim’s hands down.
                          However ,seen as being a Muslim with an Irish passport is so trendy now days ,I’m saving my story for the Late Late Show (Insha Allah)

Comment

I have no doubt my story beats this kid Ibrahim’s hands down.
                            However ,seen as being a devout Muslim with an Irish passport is so trendy now days ,I’m saving my story for the Late Late Show (Insha Allah)
                            FYP

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Gibney View Post
                              What is the easiest quickest way to jump on this gravy train for a small amount?

Apparently it was linden dollars, whatever they are.
                              Degiro - Bitcoin XBT. Easy Bitcoin exposure.

Revolut also released their Beta for Cryptos today, interesting to see how it goes, considering all the fraud recently.

BTC, ETH & LTC all available from the off in a few weeks apparently.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Eir finally arrived this morning to install my FTTH.

Tis alright so far !

SPOILER
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

McG well and truly gone off the deepend ,I know it’s the star but a few tweets flying round about it too.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                        thats c.mcgreg__?
                                        Nice touch that you haven't named him, will make the ipb legal team breathe a bit easier.

Comment

Knackers gonna knack.....
                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                            Degiro - Bitcoin XBT. Easy Bitcoin exposure.
                                            Not a bad auld day today

Attached Files
                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Seems like Frances Fitzgerald has been lying through her teeth. She should resign before the 9 o'clock news.

Moral of the story: don't piss off your civil servants.

Comment

Seems like Frances Fitzgerald has been lying through her teeth. She should resign before the 9 o'clock news.

Moral of the story: don't piss off your civil servants.
                                                Why have FG played the entire McCabe saga like this? Surely rolling heads decisively a couple of years ago was the way to go? Two Justice Ministers and two Garda Commissioners now gone under their watch.

Is there some real dirt lying underneath all of this?
                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                  Why have FG played the entire McCabe saga like this? Surely rolling heads decisively a couple of years ago was the way to go? Two Justice Ministers and two Garda Commissioners now gone under their watch.

Is there some real dirt lying underneath all of this?
                                                  The irony of course being that Shatter, who had the makings of a superb MoJ, was one of the heads to roll....yet was entirely innocent!

Justice looks even more dysfunctional than Health, if that's possible. Have we any Civil Servants on here? I'd say a well could be fun.

Comment

Alan Kelly must have at least seen all those mails.

Comment

Alan Kelly must have at least seen all those mails.
                                                      Clearly got spoon-fed them from the inside. Also 'interesting' that the Secretary General of the DoJ resigned a week ago...

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

They really don't think much of us do they

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            is he excluding fox from a fake news contest because he knows it'd win ?

we are living in an amazing age. The most powerful figurehead in the world is a bona-fide fucking moron
                                                            Nah we used to have idiots running the world Regularly, it's just because of twitter everyone knows it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                Not a bad auld day today

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                I got in on this a few months ago https://xbtprovider.com/

It's an ETF which tracks the progress of Bitcoin (I'm sure there’s similar available for other cryptos), just found it easier to get exposure this way as its listed on an exchange.

Just added money to my Degiro account and went through them. It’s swingy as fuck but good fun.
                                                                A lot better looking here

Comment

Not the tweet I was expecting

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

How has the etf gone up more than bitcoin has? /lacks basic understanding.

Are there fees? What are they?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                        Not the tweet I was expecting

Jaysus, I guess FG have internal polling telling them an overall majority is on the cards.
                                                                        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Do those attached images work for everybody else still? Haven't worked for me in ages.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                            Do those attached images work for everybody else still? Haven't worked for me in ages.
                                                                            Yep. If you have some sort of adblocker or firewall rules, make an exception for IPB (if you want).

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                              How has the etf gone up more than bitcoin has? /lacks basic understanding.

Are there fees? What are they?
                                                                              Includes the weekend as it was shut over the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                any recommendations on where to stay in Bangkok - either District or Hotel?
                                                                                We stayed in the Hilton on the river when we were there. Always find them to be like a 5* for poor people but the location is excellent.

Out the back of the hotel straight onto little ferry boats up and down the river to everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  Yep. If you have some sort of adblocker or firewall rules, make an exception for IPB (if you want).
                                                                                  Don't have adblock on here but maybe something in the work firewall blocks attachments without blocking the site itself.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                    Jaysus, I guess FG have internal polling telling them an overall majority is on the cards.
                                                                                    What should she have done?

Comment

Did she not more or less pledge full public support to the garda commissioner who she knew was lying about a whistleblower being a child molester?

Whatever about that, I thought the lies about the email timeline in the Dáil for the last two weeks almost too bare-faced to waste a roll eyes on.

Comment

I'd assume she's doing whatever Leo told her to do. She's hardly playing solo.
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

I decided some time back that there should be a single card which loaded all other cards onto it, and Denny declared they were on the way. Why aren't they here / caught on yet?

Also I am deciding that Iota crypto is the first to the moon.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                              I decided some time back that there should be a single card which loaded all other cards onto it, and Denny declared they were on the way. Why aren't they here / caught on yet?
                                                                                              Worked on developing a system that did exactly that 15 years ago and got it to the stage where is was working live in a couple of small sited and ready for the big time. A small part of the product is still in use but for a mixture of technical and business reasons no one really wanted to buy it.

Comment

Also I am deciding that Iota crypto is the first to the moon.
                                                                                                Surely we'd be going no cards at all and all the data will be on our phone/some other device? So there's no need to waste our time with the in between fix and we'll just jump to no cards. No more wallets and cash/cards used more and more sparingly until they're gone. Already most people I know carry minimal/no cash. Only last week a stadium I was in didn't take cards and I was more annoyed than I should have been, we all had to go line up to use ATM's!

Comment

So what is she accused of doing? (serious question)

Vague understanding is she didn't stop state legal team from bringing up accusations of child abuse against McCabe (and haven't really followed who McCabe is)?

Did she know they were false? Surely not.

I'm saying this more out of hope than knowledge. Like I find it hard to believe that a minister would allow fake accusations of child abuse to be made against someone in the open. That's just pure evil. But maybe the accusations are less than that?
                                                                                                  Her comments came after it was revealed she was personally sent a letter from one of her officials in July 2015, which discussed the "aggressive stance towards Sgt Maurice McCabe at the O'Higgins Commission".

...

This email outlined the legal strategy of former garda commissioner Nóirín O'Sullivan that was about to be pursued against Sgt Maurice McCabe at the O'Higgins Commission.

...

The letter sent by the departmental official to Ms Fitzgerald went on to discuss how best she could respond to the questions raised in the journalist's press query, as she was due to take part in an interview with the RTÉ This Week programme on the following day.

It is the first indication that the line of aggressive questioning on Sgt McCabe at the O'Higgins Commission were personally notified to the Tánaiste, and as far back as July 2015.

...

However, at that time, Ms Fitzgerald adamantly told the Dáil that she knew nothing about the attack on Sgt McCabe, nor indeed anything about the proceedings at the commission, which was held in private session.

...

However, the documents do not specifically mention that his discontent directly resulted from the Commissioner's legal strategy at the tribunal, but it was a clear flag to the minister that Sgt McCabe was deeply unhappy with how he felt he was being treated under the commissioner.

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/201...to-meet-again/

The 'aggressive stance' was basically where the Garda Commissioner told her lawyers to smear McCabe, who was whistleblowing on Garda corruption. In the midst of all the furore around the investigation, molestation allegations turned up as if by magic (see below)

Fitzgerald (Charlie Flanagan as well) spent the last couple of weeks saying they knew nothing about it. 'What about the emails? What emails?', etc ad nauseum.

It seems to be clearly proven they knew all about it now, and besides having been aware of the smear tactics and doing nothing about it, spent the last two weeks or so telling bare faced lies about it in the Dáil.

Mr Justice Peter Charleton said he also needed to find out how information about the false allegation was passed on from Bailieboro garda station in Co Cavan to senior officers in Sligo and in Dublin.

And he needed to hear how an “idiotic follow-up” occurred in September 2015 where Tusla, the child and family agency, wrote to Sergeant McCabe telling him his children were at risk.

The tribunal chairman said: “I need to know how the garda reacted to this matter. Did they say ‘oh he’s at it again’. Did they say it’s absolute nonsense?”

Mr Conor Dignam SC, for the Garda Commissioner, said that in 2013 Supt Leo McGinn, believing it to be a new allegation, felt the report warranted investigation by a unit external to the division.

However, he said ultimately no external investigation was carried out.

The whole thing is a rank fuck up. I'm mostly galled by the brazenness of the lies to the Dáil over the last while, it was embarrassing to watch.

Comment

Second installment from today of absolutely fucking nothing matters

Like a pox-infested blanket we’re being handed over and over again, Donald Trump once more curdled the national blood today by busting out his old “Pocahontas” joke at an event honoring Native Americans. Pocahontas was a Native American teenager who was captured by English settlers, then married one, whereupon she was…

Human cringe busts out "Pocahontas" joke while honoring Native Americans

Like a pox-infested blanket we’re being handed over and over again, Donald Trump once more curdled the national blood today by busting out his old “Pocahontas” joke at an event honoring Native Americans. Pocahontas was a Native American teenager who was captured by English settlers, then married one, whereupon she was paraded about as a “civilized savage” in hopes of attracting more colonists who might come to take her people’s lands. Today’s ceremony celebrated three of the 13 Navajo Code Talkers who survived that slow, sustained genocide, then similarly risked their lives on their usurpers’ behalf to help turn the tide in World War II. This morning they were honored in the White House by the doddering, draft-dodging heir of a German immigrant brothel owner, who trotted out his favorite yuk-yuk because it was literally the only “Native American” thing he could think of, and because this is a very special, hacky sitcom level of hell we inhabit.

Comment

Second installment from today of absolutely fucking nothing matters

https://www.avclub.com/human-cringe-...ing-1820779778
                                                                                                      Human cringe is very apt. I've had to stop taking notice because he's so hard to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                        Surely we'd be going no cards at all and all the data will be on our phone/some other device? So there's no need to waste our time with the in between fix and we'll just jump to no cards. No more wallets and cash/cards used more and more sparingly until they're gone. Already most people I know carry minimal/no cash. Only last week a stadium I was in didn't take cards and I was more annoyed than I should have been, we all had to go line up to use ATM's!
                                                                                                        Clearly paying by phone is only going to increase, but I can also see a case for a misplaced / stolen phone not resulting in people just lying down on the spot, shivering, and starving to death.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Clearly paying by phone is only going to increase, but I can also see a case for a misplaced / stolen phone not resulting in people just lying down on the spot, shivering, and starving to death.
                                                                                                              At first we'd still have access to cards etc but after a while I'd think everything would just be accessible/backed up online (or somewhere else accessible).

Advanced POS systems in stores etc, you just stick in your details/finger prints/eye scanner/password (whatever is most secure) and up pops your IDs/online 'cards' and you can go about your day until you replace your phone/device that holds all of our details.

Comment

Knowing the way the guards have tended to work in the past if imagine that many of them would continue to find it easier to believe the allegations against McCabe to be true than accept the appalling vista of their organisation being fundamentally broken.

Comment

Peninsula in Bangkok is top class hotel for not silly money. C.150 a night or less iirc.
                                                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                                                                                                                    At first we'd still have access to cards etc but after a while I'd think everything would just be accessible/backed up online (or somewhere else accessible).

Advanced POS systems in stores etc, you just stick in your details/finger prints/eye scanner/password (whatever is most secure) and up pops your IDs/online 'cards' and you can go about your day until you replace your phone/device that holds all of our details.
                                                                                                                    Good security will allow authentication of a person with something you know, something you are and something you have.
                                                                                                                    A phone with fingerprint and pin or pattern is the most practical way to deliver that level of protection to a mass market.

Comment

Knowing the way the guards have tended to work in the past if imagine that many of them would continue to find it easier to believe the allegations against McCabe to be true than accept the appalling vista of their organisation being fundamentally broken.
                                                                                                                      I’ve heard of one and I’m sure he’s not alone spinning the there’s no smoke with out fire line re the abuse smear

Comment

My biggest bet of the season gone on Watford to beat Manu tomorrow night @ 4/1.
                                                                                                                        No inclination to go into reasoning at this hour but needless to say I'll regret it in the morning.

Comment

thats c.mcgreg__?
                                                                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                          Nice touch that you haven't named him, will make the ipb legal team breathe a bit easier.
                                                                                                                          He's all over FB again tonight adding another dirty string to his bow

It would appear that the internet is losing its mind over an alleged incident that went down in Dublin, Ireland involving UFC superstar Conor McGre

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X