Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You never know when you might get a game

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

That's a fantastic game, with new players we generally give them a teammate for their first game too to make it easier on them.

I love when people can't disprove you but you are making shit up
          It gets much faster when you know what's going on of course.

Comment

I own King of Tokyo, that's great. Sushi go is a nice simple game. Android netrunner and lords of waterdeep are great. Not played the rest but the bear dude looks good. The guy that makes through the ages there makes great games so that should be good. I have another of his called Tash-Kalar: Arena of Legends.

Comment

Comment

Sounds like a great idea, take my family down a peg. Sister just skipped a grade in the civil service and became her bosses boss so needs some grounding too. Nothing like boardgames to bring you together.

Comment

Bought a few frames to hang up some old LP covers. Surprisingly difficult to hang them level and at the same height.

APDC0200 by colliexmas, on Flickr
                  Last edited by ComradeCollie; 26-11-17, 21:17.
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                      If you want to be truly disturbed of a Sunday morning, have a read about Elsagate
                      The disturbing thing is that any parent would allow their kids to surf YT unsupervised.
                      Seems to me its AI generated content and the interesting question is how capable YT are at filtering it out.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Usual late drama between Arsenal and Burnley. Happy days

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          The disturbing thing is that any parent would allow their kids to surf YT unsupervised.
                          Seems to me its AI generated content and the interesting question is how capable YT are at filtering it out.
                          Much of it has live actors. There's a YouTube Kids app so I guess people think they will filter out inappropriate stuff. The weird stuff has popped on occasion but my thankfully my kids have no interest in YT anymore and have gone back to conventional kids TV for entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                            Jim Carrey doc on Netflix is class. Helps if you have seen Man on the moon
                            That was amazeballs.

Comment

Anyone here used Android Pay?

If so...

Advantages/disadvantages?

Cheers

Comment

Anyone tell me hudd corner count 1st half?

Yes it's gone that bad

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                  Anyone tell me hudd corner count 1st half?

Yes it's gone that bad
                                  Pretty sure the only 2 they had were in 1st half injury time. The second one leading to the goal

Comment

I think it was Hitch who mentioned about learning to code, does anyone have any good places to start with Python for a complete beginner? I've no foundation in coding from any other languages either so need something for a total novice to coding also.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

If so...

Cheers
                                      All win IMO

Surprisingly easy to use , much easier than a card.

Transaction limits are set by the terminal rather than the card so you can use it for higher value transactions, I used it for 400 in a restaurant and for similar amounts in shops.
                                      I noticed last week that Tesco who previously accepted it for larger transactions have reverted to a €30 limit. There is absolutely no reason for that. The security is better than cards* because you must use a screen pattern, pin or fingerprint to open the device prior to using it and if you attempt to do a second transaction in a session it will prompt for re validation before allowing the transaction.

I find as well that I use it for small transactions all the time now to the point where I hardly ever use cash and for some reason that didn't happen for me with the contactless card.
                                      We are implementing it on ATM's now and I expect that will be available here soon too, it will work Tap ->PIN -> Tap ->Cash and will completly remove the risk of skimming from the system.

*That is excepting for a fundamental weakness in the whole scheme that amounts to the so far theoretical difficulty that sensitive keys are stored on the phone but without getting to complicated this is a problem for the issuers and not really one for consumers.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                        I think it was Hitch who mentioned about learning to code, does anyone have any good places to start with Python for a complete beginner? I've no foundation in coding from any other languages either so need something for a total novice to coding also.
                                        What reasons do you want to learn Python. There are many ways to approach it as Python has many applications. If it is anything to do with data science, i would recommend this one: https://www.datacamp.com/courses/int...r-data-science

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                            Hitch will point you to some good resources but I'll just add that IMO it would be worth doing one of the CS 101 / fundamentals of programming courses on coursera or the likes along with learning a specific language.

Edit: that one that hitch has linked is ideal.
                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 26-11-17, 18:40.

Comment

Fun thread - https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2055028159?

19 year old posts in 2007 saying he is going to be frugal, invest wisely and retire in Japan when he hits 30. Gets torn apart and laughed at, thread gets bumped this year and he gives his updates.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                Fun thread - https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2055028159?

19 year old posts in 2007 saying he is going to be frugal, invest wisely and retire in Japan when he hits 30. Gets torn apart and laughed at, thread gets bumped this year and he gives his updates.
                                                Just read that a while ago. 2/3 ain't bad. Fair fucks to him

Comment

+1 for the Toronto course
                                                  Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                  Impressive Twitter numbers for something that's been doing the rounds for a few years
                                                  Originally posted by newbie2 View Post

If so...

Cheers
                                                  Nice to have a backup if you ever forget your wallet. Can't see any disadvantages.
                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 26-11-17, 19:42.

Comment

I see there's debate about revenue taking over the tv licence. I think on principal I'd rather hand back my TV to the landlord than ship loots to RTE.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                      What reasons do you want to learn Python. There are many ways to approach it as Python has many applications. If it is anything to do with data science, i would recommend this one: https://www.datacamp.com/courses/int...r-data-science
                                                      I'm interested in it from a networking perspective, software defined networking (SDN) will become huge in next few years and would like to start to work on this. I'm also quite interesting in big data and would like to expand on this further also.

Comment

Liam Fox trying hard to push border negotiations until after trade talks putting the position of the Irish government right at the decision point of whether talks can succeed or not.
                                                        And because Mickey Martin is a moron afraid of his shite of MaryLou we are going to have an election over an unread e mail
                                                        Fucking assclowns
                                                        I suppose if there is an election going on Leo will have no choice but to veto talks which might not be a great idea

Comment

Comment

Mrs DIII seems to have decided we are moving to a bigger house. No doubt I will be appraised of details as they evolve.
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                Mrs DIII seems to have decided we are moving to a bigger house. No doubt I will be appraised of details as they evolve.
                                                                Always find it gas when neighbours spend €100k on improvements, and then move, and the improvements add about €15k to the price.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                  Always find it gas when neighbours spend €100k on improvements, and then move, and the improvements add about €15k to the price.
                                                                  Nasty but funny. You can only add so much floor space no matter how nice the renovations.
                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

What's the downside of Ireland vetoing talks? I can only think of benefits in terms of Ireland getting what it wants at the last point they can ensure this happening. Can't think of any downsides, but then again haven't thought about it much.
                                                                    I can't see any solution they will come to where there is effectively no border still, but the UK as a whole leaves the single market and customer union. Everyone is again painting themselves into a corner because of the refusal to admit that 'the will of the people' is being interpreted in the most drastic and horrendous of ways.

They really should have taken the Irish "ah are you sure that's the answer you wanted" approach to the referendum, but that won't happen now sadly without some massive changes in UK politics, and indeed voter attitude.

Comment

Comment

Still think you're all crazy encouraging anybody at 100kg to go running. Swimming, bicycling or random gym stuff yeah. Willie, don't go running please.
                                                                        down to 98kg due to child to parent trots bug during the week. Target this week is winter vomiting bug then ready to start my John Traceylike mudlarking in the park prep runs. Devibs aplenty at these yokes I presume. i'm getting inspiration from my laptop computer fan. A trooper. written off many times by the Courier Collies of the computer fan world but here it is still blowing after 7 years of life and many hours of sitting in the corner whilst my lappie cooled down.

Comment

Went for a house viewing recently and the place stank of stale carpet. The vibe was of depression and every room tried to outdo the previous one for a part in a horror flick. We ran out of the place and sure twas no wonder there was only one other party at the open house viewing. We came home and I kissed our floor John Paul the 2nd Style. i can only imagine what hellholes are out there posing as (in)habitable homes for the desperate.

Comment

But that toilet you got. :/
                                                                            "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                            "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

Extension for space, windows for insulation, energy rating, and the look of the place presumably add proper value.

I'd imagine redoing the kitchen doesn't add much value as people like the idea of doing up a kitchen in their own way. Anything done upstairs is probably a pure waste.

Guess there's a lot of small things that can be invested in that give big returns. Painting outside, decluttering house to make it seem bigger.

No idea obv, just thinking out loud.
                                                                              Hoovering and exorcisms wouldn't go amiss judging on what 've seen recently.

Comment

...

Comment

But it took months to get it to the right height. Having to do deal with that whole debacle again.
                                                                                  "Gibney might be the greatest hero of our time." (Keane, 2012; Hitchhiker, 2017)

"Frank Gibney, he's my favourite ." (careca, 2012)
                                                                                  "Frank Gibney, he's my favourite." (mikeb, 2017)

Comment

8am flight home

Pray for careca

Comment

I had a client who bought a place for $1.5m, and wanted to renovate it immediately as she didn't like the majority of the house. Works included demolishing the entire rear wall of the house and rebuilding it in a position to that would reduce the floor area.

Total cost was probably $1m, to make her house smaller.

Extension for space, windows for insulation, energy rating, and the look of the place presumably add proper value.
                                                                                      Depends on how crap the energy rating is starting out. But with any decently build place. The payback time on advance low energy tech is decades. Doesn't add massive value really. There's only so much it can knock off the energy bills.

I'm about to renovate my place. The goal is minimum spend for max return. The smaller the budget, the more achievable it is.

Comment

It's almost spiced beef time of year.

Slice it wafer thin.

Comment

This volcano in Bali bullshit is threatening to ruin my Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post

I'm about to renovate my place. The goal is minimum spend for max return. The smaller the budget, the more achievable it is.
                                                                                            Brother in law just spent 1.2m on a gaff in Dartry. And is levelling it. We are back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                              This volcano in Bali bullshit is threatening to ruin my Christmas.
                                                                                              Plans going up in smoke eh?

Comment

About 60-70k apparently. Still though. Could have got this shit done four years ago

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                    Plans going up in smoke eh?
                                                                                                    The memory of the Icelandic ash cloud in 2010 lingers

Comment

...

Comment

Fav house DIY job of all time: https://m.imgur.com/t/diwhy/CtM4k have to look at photos first then read the comments.
                                                                                                        Wouldn’t be my thing. I saw a cool floor done with pennies and a layer of clear varnish on top which looked great on YouTube. I thought it would be a great floor idea for a WC. Spend a penny...
                                                                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

About 60-70k apparently. Still though. Could have got this shit done four years ago
                                                                                                          The real issue I assume, given the age of your kids, is that the zone of “acceptable” locations will be very small and therefore you’ll be chasing a really small subset of larger houses (that probably need to be renovated as well). Pray for RDIII.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                            Wouldn’t be my thing. I saw a cool floor done with pennies and a layer of clear varnish on top which looked great on YouTube. I thought it would be a great floor idea for a WC. Spend a penny...
                                                                                                            Cost a pretty penny too I'd say.

Comment

Ship the Christmas bonus this week. Dunno if booze or the fitz 450festival is the best investment?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                Cost a pretty penny too I'd say.
                                                                                                                It doesn't make cents in my view.

Comment

wtf btc up nearing 10k one day later, will change updates to 5k increments

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                  Ship the Christmas bonus this week. Dunno if booze or the fitz 450festival is the best investment?
                                                                                                                  It's your extra 188 euro, follow your heart.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 27-11-17, 09:45.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                                    The real issue I assume, given the age of your kids, is that the zone of “acceptable” locations will be very small and therefore you’ll be chasing a really small subset of larger houses (that probably need to be renovated as well). Pray for RDIII.
                                                                                                                    Yes. Looked at Daft last night and the number of houses meeting our criteria was < 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                      Paw Patrol at 7.50pm on a Friday makes homer something something.
                                                                                                                      that mayor needs to be removed from office.
                                                                                                                      Having all emergency services in the hands of an 8 year old and a few dogs is a logistical disaster
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I've always had the idea of a self-build in the back of my mind and a good idea of what I'd what it to be. I figure that a really well designed functional house >>> big house. Is there any good software for letting the average Joe draw up rudimentary designs?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                          that mayor needs to be removed from office.
                                                                                                                          Having all emergency services in the hands of an 8 year old and a few dogs is a logistical disaster
                                                                                                                          These dogs can fecking operate machinery, drive , fly and have a 100 % record with zero casualties. Mayor should be hailed a genius

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X