Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
    @Hitch a nicer obit for Sean Hughes

http://www.hotpress.com/Sean-Hughes/.../21193415.html
    Speaking of dying of drink...
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

What percentage of the electorate would people think are in favour of this alcohol bill?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
          What percentage of the electorate would people think are in favour of this alcohol bill?
          Around eleventy-five percent, at a guess

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

maybe a handful of hand wringers and a large percentage of publicans
              maybe 4-6% of population is my rough guess.

regarding binge drinking, our stupid opening hours is a large part of that I reckon. We treat drinking as a timed challenge, which in a pub, if you go out at 10pm or so, it is.
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  Who's Vlad?

You started this whole thing by using a deceptive image to make a silly point and now you are twisting it around. There are other ways to making points than relying on the Fox News playbook.
                  Your issue is that the image contradicted your statement about Irish drinking.

I'm not twisting anything. Irish consumption is down. You're maintaining that binge drinking is the issue, yet the people behind the legislation are using consumption as the metric.
                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 10-11-17, 06:55.

Comment

Comment

Probably not very many. Not much of the electorate are in favour of tax either
                      This will raise no extra tax for the State bar a small amount of VAT.

Comment

Who did produce that image by the way? I've seen it a few times being used to lobby that everything is grand, so it didn't just appear organically.
                        Guessing it was Red Flag.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                          This will raise no extra tax for the State bar a small amount of VAT.
                          All it does is make some poor people hand over extra money to retailers. Grim paternalistic nonsense.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Seems like should the Bill pass it will be with a commencement order waiting for Northern Ireland do the same, hopefully that will take a while and by then Harris will be gone out of the office and it will be some other Minister looking for his policy piece for his CV.

Comment

Comment

Can't imagine Harris is going anywhere. Finance is firmly in Pascal's hands, so there's no higher role, and he seems very good at the job.
                                    In the short term yes, in the medium term every Minister is changeable particularly Health. And don't forget he backed Convney that won't be forgotten.

Comment

This is pretty nice. Take a trip along the new Luas.
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                        In the short term yes, in the medium term every Minister is changeable particularly Health. And don't forget he backed Convney that won't be forgotten.
                                        That's why he's in Health!
                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just LOL at the media blowing up this bundee thing. Grand for Strauss, CJ and Payne but let's blow bundee up for one reason.

Ironically same articles creating controversy around Bundee are praising McKinleys call up for the Italian squad.

Bundee first try, EZ game.

Comment

It's Christmas when the John Lewis ad is here. It's pretty crap though!

Comment

The concern shown for bush drinkers and full time dipsos by lads who we more frequently hear campaigning for social welfare to be paid out in food stamps is quite touching.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                this bloke no relation, but I think he is exploring an interesting topic.

Couldn't agree more but the rule only applies to when it suits them. Eg Sexton, Easterby and Bowe. Based on that, Zebo should be in.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                    this bloke no relation, but I think he is exploring an interesting topic.

Its not illogical as long as the those playing for Ireland are playing in Ireland.

There are two separate topics, qualification rules for international representation where we play by the same rules as everybody else and the IRFU position on player availability.
                                                    I'd be more in favour of tightening up the former than the latter.

Comment

Every morning the cleaning lady comes into my office and does a bit of hovering and cleans my desk. No idea why it needs to be done that frequently. Anyway the important point is she without fail knocks over my stapler every single day, so my first task each day is to straighten up the stapler. Now I never use a stapler, or almost ever paper, but I'm damned if I'm going to give in and put the stapler away. So I start each day brooding over how she has done it again. Like surely it's not hard when cleaning a desk to not knock over the stapler, or to fix it if you have knocked it over.
                                                      Impressive that she does some hovering, probably why things get knocked off your desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                        Just LOL at the media blowing up this bundee thing. Grand for Strauss, CJ and Payne but let's blow bundee up for one reason.

Ironically same articles creating controversy around Bundee are praising McKinleys call up for the Italian squad.

Bundee first try, EZ game.
                                                        The really interesting bit for me is he came to Connacht with no intention to play for Ireland. That’s what marks him out as different. The rest joined provinces on the understanding they’d get a run in the Irish team in 3 years if they were close enough to the standard.

He therefore didn’t play the game of talking about how much he loved Ireland and it was a great place and he wanted to play for us. He was honest and was glowing about Connacht and life there and the camaraderie but he never gave a fuck about international ambitions with Ireland. Now he’s clearly a strong midfield option for us and he wouldn’t get in the NZ side so he’s signed up. It’s holding an honest mirror up to the whole process which if you look at Payne, Stander, Ah You, Strauss, etc etc has been a long time diluting the honesty of the sport.

BUT at the end of the day it’s a professional game and we play by the rules in order to compete with other “National” teams so it’s really an issue for Rugby as a whole to reflect on and not particular Unions to take a stand on in the middle of preparing for competitions.
                                                        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Comment

Comment

It's literally the only thing on my desk apart from the laptop as I've no papers.
                                                              Maybe she's trying to communicate with you.

Comment

Maybe she's trying to communicate with you.
                                                                Maybe she like the look of his casting couch

Comment

It's literally the only thing on my desk apart from the laptop as I've no papers.
                                                                  is it some kind of odd ornament? Or a retro nod to the old pre-digital days?

Comment

She's not knocking it over, she's picking it up, cleaning the desk and placing in carefully on it's side :P

Lol@ people trying to argue Ireland is not worse than most countries when it comes to drinking. Asked so often why Irish people get so drunk and so often with a genuine look of confusion from mainland Europeans. Poland beats us, that place is depressing.

As for binge drinking, it's defined that low because that low amount is doing damage - not healthy, it's twice the daily limit and even the daily limit is still carcinogenic (any amount is). It's not just about how drunk you get. You can binge drink without getting drunk as it's generally measured in two hour periods. So you are drinking twice the 24 hour limit in 2 hours.
                                                                    Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 10-11-17, 10:36.

Comment

Comment

The Blair Hitch Project. It could be something spooky that is knocking over your stapler. I suggest an overnighter/vigil to see if you can find out there is a super or natural explanation.

Are there any young troubled children in your life. Is the Uni built on the site of an old Indian Restaurant? Draw a pentagon around the stapler (not the US building) . Sit tight, and if anything is happening, write it down and stick the note in your shoe, just in case you snuff it. My guess is though, you are dead already.

Comment

...@Hitch...Play this bitch at her own game...Turn the stapler on its side this evening, take the power away from her...And if she has the level in her to fix it for you, then only option is to sellotape it on Monday...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                            She's not knocking it over, she's picking it up, cleaning the desk and placing in carefully on it's side :P

Lol@ people trying to argue Ireland is not worse than most countries when it comes to drinking. Asked so often why Irish people get so drunk and so often with a genuine look of confusion from mainland Europeans. Poland beats us, that place is depressing.

As for binge drinking, it's defined that low because that low amount is doing damage - not healthy, it's twice the daily limit and even the daily limit is still carcinogenic (any amount is). It's not just about how drunk you get. You can binge drink without getting drunk as it's generally measured in two hour periods. So you are drinking twice the 24 hour limit in 2 hours.
                                                                            Finland also beats us.

Comment

...

Comment

Like surely it's not hard when cleaning a desk to not knock over the stapler, or to fix it if you have knocked it over.
                                                                                You are misinterpreting her actions.

This cat be straight thuggin, he don't give a fuck about you. He knocks whatever he wants off the table. Just try to stop him.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                  Impressive that she does some hovering, probably why things get knocked off your desk.
                                                                                  I admittedly almost missed this. Deserves way more love

Got an invite to a reception in British Ambassadors residence in November. Lounge suit = normal suit ya?

Hope he does curry chips rather than Ferroro Rocher

Comment

By the way Hitch, what kind of a fucking stapler is that??

I'd be honest I'd knock it over too, hideous looking thing.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                      I admittedly almost missed this. Deserves way more love

Got an invite to a reception in British Ambassadors residence in November. Lounge suit = normal suit ya?

Hope he does curry chips rather than Ferroro Rocher
                                                                                      SPOILER

Comment

Some support here:

You should be less impressed with big fancy sounding names and bodies and more concerned what their inherent biases are.

Comment

This is what you get when you have a novelty sock wearing Triathlete in charge

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                            The issue is not so much whether of not 6 units is doing damage, but the ridiculous 30 day window they use. Under that assessment somebody whose drinks 3 pints one day a month is a binge drinker, and has a health risk.
                                                                                            But somebody drinking 2 pints every single is perfectly fine and under no risk.

Surely we can get a better system than that. Or maybe it doesn't matter if everyone has the same assessment.

Comment

I’m sure there is alcoholics and binge drinkers in Germany too but they don’t seem to feel the need to punish responsible adults

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                  ...@Hitch...Play this bitch at her own game...Turn the stapler on its side this evening, take the power away from her...And if she has the level in her to fix it for you, then only option is to sellotape it on Monday...
                                                                                                  +1 on this, class answer!

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                  You are misinterpreting her actions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4anpxoHkPI
                                                                                                  I fkn love that video, the cat's expression is just so funny.

Concrete proof that the Earth is INDEED round and not flat as all the cats would have pushed everything off the side had it been flat

Comment

Hitch - Could be worse

Gareth is the victim of stapler based practical joke, fortunately boss David Brent is on hand to smooth things over. Subscribe: http://bit.ly/BBCStudiosWATCH...

Comment

We were all ready 3rd overall and 3rd for alcohol lack of freedom on the Nanny State index.leo obv gunning for number one

Alcohol rankings
                                                                                                      SPOILER

Ireland
                                                                                                      SPOILER

The Nanny State Index (NSI) is a league table of the worst places in Europe to eat, drink, smoke and vape.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 10-11-17, 13:43.

Comment

Just to be clear what's happening.

I leave the office each evening:

SPOILER

I arrive in each morning:

SPOILER

Admittedly this is an artist's reconstruction, but it's fairly accurate. Even the Buddha himself would grimace at this treatment.
                                                                                                        That's a fucking ridiculous stapler to be honest.
                                                                                                        Made worse by the fact that you dont even use it. It's just this stupidly ornate homage to defunct stationary. I'm still not 100% sure which side is the business end and which end is the handle. Now if that black base has a 180° and it issues staples from both sides you create your own little niche of stapler wanker

Stapler is knocked over from pressure changes caused by the door obviously
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Stapler shaming. A new something, something for the BBV

Comment

...

Comment

I like the cut of the jib of that stapler
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

stapler is trying to throw itself off the desk to escape the futility of its existence.

You are the monster here

Comment

My desk resembles the battle of the Somme, there is a sandlike substance over by the discarded yellow notepad graveyard but I’ve not investigated it yet. We have a cleaner but she/he never interferes with the desk, the front part of my desk has a loose piece of wood that sometimes snags my jumper. Meh. It add to the character of the desk.

I can’t add a video clip right now but the BBV needs to see the 1980s clip of John Tracey stealing it on the line from Steve Ovett in Crystal Palace 5000m . I was thinking about it as a clip that’s lost in the annals of time and yet a great sporting moment. If someone could add it ,you can all bask in the hilarity of Ovetts (like him) face as he realises, he got toooo cocky.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                    My desk resembles the battle of the Somme, there is a sandlike substance over by the discarded yellow notepad graveyard but I’ve not investigated it yet. We have a cleaner but she/he never interferes with the desk, the front part of my desk has a loose piece of wood that sometimes snags my jumper. Meh. It add to the character of the desk.

I can’t add a video clip right now but the BBV needs to see the 1980s clip of John Tracey stealing it on the line from Steve Ovett in Crystal Palace 5000m . I was thinking about it as a clip that’s lost in the annals of time and yet a great sporting moment. If someone could add it ,you can all bask in the hilarity of Ovetts (like him) face as he realises, he got toooo cocky.
                                                                                                                    Loved that as a kid...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Milton from the 1999 movie Office SpaceMerry or Married? Watch this:http://youtu.be/iZ0e_T8qmzw?t=12m45sWant a good laugh? Enabled closed captions on this vi...
                                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Solid pisstake

Myself and my boyfriend of two years broke up over the summer.

It came completely out of the blue for me and I'm still not over it.
                                                                                                                        I thought things were going so well, we even co-own a goldfish which he never bothers to visit.

I've been hearing rumours he's seeing someone else and while that's ok as we're broken up, I just don't understand why he'd finish with me.

Comment

Little snippet from a post on boards germane to the proposed 'health' bill.

Meanwhile, the FG TD in my area has on his Facebook page a reminder that his clinics are taking place as always in five different locations.

3 of the 5 are in pubs.

2 of those pubs are his.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X