Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Dubliner dead say hello to Ronnie Drew
    Eamon Cambell RIP

Comment

What’s the verdict on Narcos series 3 haven’t heard much buzz?
      Enjoyed first 3 episodes,good move ditching the mustache fella and his patronizing voiceover

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
        What’s the verdict on Narcos series 3 haven’t heard much buzz?
        Enjoyed first 3 episodes,good move ditching the mustache fella and his patronizing voiceover
        Best of the lot so far with me. Part of it probably because I dont now the story
        airport, lol

Comment

someone give me advice on a 3 day trip to Krackow. want to take Mia to Auschwitz as she obsessed with that stuff.

looking for a nice hotel central ,safe ,not expensive but decent . also what else to do?
          I know the salt mines are there but dont think my anxiety could handle that .

If hols approved November are the dates
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Rather impressed with that no bullshit law that's about to be passed saying drink-and-drive = automatic three month ban. Too many fuckers claiming they need to be allowed to drive for their livelihoods and seeking sympathy from the judge. I'm presuming this new legislation removes ability for 'sympathy'.
              The low point or I guess high point depending on how hilarious you find Kerry was the bachelor farmer who was given reprieve so he could get himself wife to drive him around and if I remember right he was told to go to listonvarna

Comment

A lady was so kind to me I forgot my token for the trolley and had no coin so she just gave me her trolley i gave her a euro in change and had to make her take it. But when i put the trolley back i realized she had put 2 euro in and never even told me she didn't look rich but it didn't matter to her ...so sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                  A lady was so kind to me I forgot my token for the trolley and had no coin so she just gave me her trolley i gave her a euro in change and had to make her take it. But when i put the trolley back i realized she had put 2 euro in and never even told me she didn't look rich but it didn't matter to her ...so sweet.
                  I'd say you are class in bed but too batshit crazy to deal with out of it.

Comment

I saw it. Isn't it wonderful...

There used to be a lady around where we live with a cottage full of ornaments and it was painted pink. A few doors down it was as if a house wanted to compete so someone stuck lots of street signs and bicycle wheels on the walls.

That reminds me of when i was young. I was away on holiday....and I met these older German girls. I guess they kind of adopted me for the holiday.

I had no German and they very little English. So they would talk to each other and I would grasp some of it ..or come up with something totally different. Which meant communication was a childish sort of trip. But the area around was a combination of desert and beach. So we collected things like rocks or shells etc. And began arranging them into a little mini city in the garden of where we were staying. It gradually became huge.

One day we were up early and they led me walking through a field. I don't know what kind of little bushes or trees the were but they looked as if shells were growing on them. So we started picking them off. And collected them all to bring to our little city. We realized when we came back the adults were mad because we had been gone for hrs.

I always remember the tree shells though and how different they looked.

There are a lot of SeaShell grottos around the world I should make one in the garden!

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                      I'd say you are class in bed but too batshit crazy to deal with out of it.

I am not good in bed at all and even more batshit crazy than you think...

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post

I am not good in bed at all and even more batshit crazy than you think...
                        That is what a person whose good in bed but crazy out of it would say tbf.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                          That is what a person whose good in bed but crazy out of it would say tbf.

You makin me crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                            someone give me advice on a 3 day trip to Krackow. want to take Mia to Auschwitz as she obsessed with that stuff.

looking for a nice hotel central ,safe ,not expensive but decent . also what else to do?

It's supposed to be stunning.
                            Wawel castle? I did a Tefl course with a Polish girl from Krakow (she was an english teacher in poland doing the course here)she said there is lots of nature people don't often visit ..fields and a national park. It's supposedly very pretty. Ojcow park.Zakrzowek is a stone quarry. But apparently pretty.

Plac Szczepanski is a square with musicians etc.

Franciscan Church (Kosciol Franciszkanow) is pretty.

The salt mines have lots of underground chapels and lakes. Lost Souls Alley - Dom strachu -is like a haunted tour. It's got effects etc.

But apparently it's nature is underrated.

Best things to do in . Skip the tourist traps & explore like a local.

There is birkenau and the Schindler factory etc too for mia .

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                              Nope, I haven't seen anything yet and believe that the room she has said the damage is in is not adjacent to the room in which the work was done (we had our kitchen done, she claims the crack is the her kitchen; as we are an end of terrace, unlike all other houses in the terrace, our kitchens are not on the other sides of the same wall, her kitchen is on the other side of our living room and vice versa), so I'm automatically even more suspicious than I would have been.
                              Is your kitchen not on the party wall at all, or just on the party wall in a different spot.
                              If it is still on the same wall, it would be standard enough for vibrations to carry and could cause a crack else where.
                              Settlement cracks are standard and not a structural issue. It was possibly already there and you just exposed the it.

Am waiting to see what she comes back to me with, but in the meantime will warn my own insurance (telling them that I want them to contest it if it comes to that) and IKEA, who employed the contractors. No chance I'm paying anything anyway, it will need to go through insurance at the very least, at present all I'm getting is a phone call from someone located outside Ireland who hasn't seen anything, 2.5 weeks after the fact!
                              I've no idea about home insurance, but I'd be surprised it covered construction works and damage to neighbors property. Hit up the contractors imo.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              The renter hardly cares enough to engage in a silly scam for the benefit of her landlady, but presumably she is worried about losing her deposit over something that isn't her fault.

I'd say anyway that's the most likely thing that happened. That the damage was caused by your builders. Not that I know anything about the situation apart from what you've said. And its clearly IKEAs fault, not yours. So their insurance will have to sort it out.
                              Rent just making sure she isn't hit up for the damage. It's on record now. Landlady can choose to chase IKEA or not.

Comment

IKEA sweedyish for fook you
                                Uh huh ...der be a guy that comes on here selling kitchens late at night ...dey say....

Comment

I know lots more sweedyish...for fook you

Comment

nite yall

Don't mind me I am full of

Comment

Yes your honour. We were christening a few of the rooms in our new home.....

Comment

I haven't been myself, but I wouldn't be bringing anyone who believes in santa claus to auschwitz.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          I haven't been myself, but I wouldn't be bringing anyone who believes in santa claus to auschwitz.
                                          I know it's meant to be very eerie. She knows the history. She's read a few books on it. Read a fair bit from internet on it too.

I'm. Sure she googled is santa real too

Actually wonder is there an age restriction on getting into the camp?

If not, well it's history and life isn't it.

Edit.. Recommended age is 14 and up, most saying if your child shows an interest in it and has read the likes of Anne frank books etc and are told what to expect beforehand is fine. Also there is two parts of the tour one being harsher and that you don't have to do the two.
                                          It's mia who has to looked to visit so personally I think should be fine.
                                          Last edited by SatNav; 19-10-17, 07:12.
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Hobart-Melbourne-Abu Dhabi-Dublin.

Seems the best available at present. UAE clearly trying to become a world hub (and succeeding, if airport foot traffic is anything to go by)
                                            Was at a quiz recently and apparently it is the busiest now and took over from Heathrow.

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                            Nope, I haven't seen anything yet and believe that the room she has said the damage is in is not adjacent to the room in which the work was done (we had our kitchen done, she claims the crack is the her kitchen; as we are an end of terrace, unlike all other houses in the terrace, our kitchens are not on the other sides of the same wall, her kitchen is on the other side of our living room and vice versa), so I'm automatically even more suspicious than I would have been.

Am waiting to see what she comes back to me with, but in the meantime will warn my own insurance (telling them that I want them to contest it if it comes to that) and IKEA, who employed the contractors. No chance I'm paying anything anyway, it will need to go through insurance at the very least, at present all I'm getting is a phone call from someone located outside Ireland who hasn't seen anything, 2.5 weeks after the fact!
                                            I worked in the industry since 2004 off and on and never heard this happening ever. I popped your story over to the two guys that owned the company I worked with and will let you know what they say.

TBH it just doesn't seem right, I have seen huge machines batter these walls and never had a complaint. Even if it was another room in the same house.

I am a suspicious person by nature, but this one gets the spidey senses tingling lol
                                            Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 19-10-17, 07:28.

Comment

Ionapaul, tell them you'll need irrefutable proof that it was your kitchen installers who caused this damage, then relax safe in the knowledge you won't hear about it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                SatNav - post below of interest I'd imagine.
                                                I'll save it for January, my hols were declined till then. FML. Only fucking downside of this job. Two fucking days hols like
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

I'll save it for January, my hols were declined till then. FML. Only fucking downside of this job. Two fucking days hols like
                                                  I wouldn't fancy Poland in January.

Also, time to tell her to stop pretending about Mr Claus. If she isn't pretending somehow, shatter her illusions. Tell her santa claus is as real as god.

Comment

I wouldn't fancy Poland in January.

Also, time to tell her to stop pretending about Mr Claus. If she isn't pretending somehow, shatter her illusions. Tell her santa claus is as real as god.
                                                    Presumably its the christmas where everyone knows that everyone knows there's no Santa, but if theres an unwritten agreement to ignore this then the kid gets an extra present and the parents get to do the whole 'leaving carrots out for rudolph, pretending to make noises on the roof' thing one last time. Everyone's a winner.

Comment

She's been running that bluff for at least 5 streets at this stage. wp imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                        Hobart-Melbourne-Abu Dhabi-Dublin.

Seems the best available at present. UAE clearly trying to become a world hub (and succeeding, if airport foot traffic is anything to go by)
                                                        Abu Dhabi or Dubai is the best layover for the trip. I could usually save a few hundred to do it with two stop with a layover in europe. But It's not worth it imo. Although, Etihad use the old 777 on that route. They need to up their game imo.

Qantas are doing it n ne via singapore too. And Qatar flying via Doha on the A380. Missus just flew with them and said they were next level with service.

#IrishTravelBoards

Comment

So stranger things 2 will have all episodes available on the 27th October instead of weekly releases. Awesome, that is that weekend sorted for bing watching. I know it would be better to take it slow and savour it but it is just too hard to resist watching multiple episodes.
                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            Presumably its the christmas where everyone knows that everyone knows there's no Santa, but if theres an unwritten agreement to ignore this then the kid gets an extra present and the parents get to do the whole 'leaving carrots out for rudolph, pretending to make noises on the roof' thing one last time. Everyone's a winner.
                                                            At 12 she's way overdue on this one as Denny says.

Comment

Any Gold Rush watchers here?

Where is Dave Turin? No mention of him was strange.

Comment

At 12 she's way overdue on this one as Denny says.
                                                                Well, it will depend on the kid themselves, what they really love is the routine traditions and Santa is just a part of that. If they are still playing the game by first christmas in secondary school it is then time to let them down gently and show them how you make new traditions as you go along. So , not way overdue.

The thing I remember from the early christmases when my lads were very small was my own shocking realisation that actually I was the one who was wrong and Santa was real after all!
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Well, it will depend on the kid themselves, what they really love is the routine traditions and Santa is just a part of that. If they are still playing the game by first christmas in secondary school it is then time to let them down gently and show them how you make new traditions as you go along. So , not way overdue.

The thing I remember from the early christmases when my lads were very small was my own shocking realisation that actually I was the one who was wrong and Santa was real after all!
                                                                  Make sure it's dealt with well before secondary school. Like now. Kids get years of slagging out of that one
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

First part of the new Phillip Pullman trilogy, The Book of Dust following Lyra's story before and after His Dark materials hits the shops today.
                                                                    Will pick up a hard copy today but will also be looking for an epub if anyone has a drm free one.

Comment

Secondary school? Jesus!

Think we had it twigged in first or second class, and that was before the interwebs.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                        Secondary school? Jesus!

Think we had it twigged in first or second class, and that was before the interwebs.
                                                                        Its not that they don't know its more like your belief in Trump, they prefer to hold on to childish illusions and alternative facts.

I mean you know in your heart and soul he is an infantile, misogynistic, racist, sexual abuser with the IQ of a fencepost yet you insist on deluding yourself that he is some sort of genius businessman who is going to keep the markets ticking upwards forever.

Comment

You're better than that strewley.
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I know deep down mia doesn't believe, well almost certain. I would never actively tell a child oh it's not real. Takes all the good out of the actual day. Strewl is correct in what he is saying.

Now no way would I allow her to have that belief heading into first yr next yr obv lol.

Mia hangs around with a very innocent 11 yr old that lives beside us, so hard to know. There are no other kids really near us.
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

1st day in Secondary School , the teacher asked us to write an essay about the day you discovered Santa didn’t Exist.

WHATTTT, I yelled from the back of the classroom. The poor fecker nearly died. She watched me closely for the next 5 years but always asked me what Santy was bringing me every Christmas with a cheeky grin on her face.

For me, I stopped believing about 6 years before I officially stopped believing. The ol man died leaving lots of brats behind but the Uncle used to drop in on Christmas Eve (da mudders brudder for you dirty minds) with a badly taped beard
                                                                              and badly disguised voice but we all yelled ‘Santa’ and got the extra Sympathy presents on offer from the mudders extended family. Snow Globes were duly smashed by Jan 1 . My sister who died last year set a tradition that after dinner we
                                                                              sang Bohemian Rhapsody word for word . It was a poignant rendition of it last year with one or two drop outs to dry the tears, I lasted until ,‘Is this the real life’ dropped out for a while but rejoined for ‘I see a little silhouetto of a man’.

Ah sure Santy how are ya

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                Any Gold Rush watchers here?

Where is Dave Turin? No mention of him was strange.
                                                                                Yeah no word about Dave but because he isn't declared out I'd say he will emerge at some stage. But he has a lot of commitment in the family business and I think he has always been back and forth but the editors make it look he's more regular.
                                                                                I'm fairly gutted Gene Cheeseman is gone though, loved that guy's curtness and pent up rage especially when Tony disagreed with him or told him the best way to do something!.

Comment

I know deep down mia doesn't believe, well almost certain. I would never actively tell a child oh it's not real. Takes all the good out of the actual day. Strewl is correct in what he is saying.

Now no way would I allow her to have that belief heading into first yr next yr obv lol.

Mia hangs around with a very innocent 11 yr old that lives beside us, so hard to know. There are no other kids really near us.
                                                                                  With both the eldest we had to for similar reasons. Lucie got a kindle fire HD, bought it in Derry. Didn't know at that time it didn't work in the south! had to take back of course and change for another tablet. Made up some BS about Santa asking us to return to that store... she didn't believe it anyway lol.

With Lewis, his new BMX which was built by Smyths for extra dosh caused a big accident on Christmas day. He did a wheelie or something, the handle bars came right out and he took a really bad fall. Had to take bike back to shop, manager told him to pick "anything" in the shop. He had also got a new XBox so didn't need that and promptly picked himself a brand new Samsung tablet and a new bike. He got to pick any bike as well. He was delighted! he wasn't upset when we said about Santa, knew rightly but we had to explain something to him.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                    Make sure it's dealt with well before secondary school. Like now. Kids get years of slagging out of that one
                                                                                    Yeah, but fuck them.

They didn't have a skateboard.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Paul, one thing that seems to be missed in all the hardball line advice you're getting is neighbourly relations.

You could be living beside this person for decades, you need to factor that in to your decision making imo. If you feel it's your fault sort it, if it's not, try and sort it amicably.

Comment

Just woke from a nap and happened to pull up the first race at Punchestown on the phone. First 3 jockeys names i see are Stormin Norman, Charlie Swan & Carberry. To say i was a little confused in my half asleep state is an understatement..

(turns out its a charity race or something)

Comment

Bring her to see Santa in December, find out who the guy in the suit is and where he lives.

Then in February say to Mia you have a surprise for her, you're bringing her to see Santy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                            Paul, one thing that seems to be missed in all the hardball line advice you're getting is neighbourly relations.

You could be living beside this person for decades, you need to factor that in to your decision making imo. If you feel it's your fault sort it, if it's not, try and sort it amicably.
                                                                                            You are better than this SP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                              Abu Dhabi or Dubai is the best layover for the trip. I could usually save a few hundred to do it with two stop with a layover in europe. But It's not worth it imo. Although, Etihad use the old 777 on that route. They need to up their game imo.

Qantas are doing it n ne via singapore too. And Qatar flying via Doha on the A380. Missus just flew with them and said they were next level with service.

#IrishTravelBoards
                                                                                              It was A380 on the way down. Swanky.

Fucking killed with jetlag today. Fell asleep in a meeting.
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

As the Newcastle contingent are hot in the thread I'd like to pick your respective brains... I am looking for a house cleaner. Probably 3 hours every 2 weeks or so. Do either of you know anybody local that does this?
                                                                                                Pm you later. Missus has the details. We have a similar arrangement as your request..

Comment

@IonaPaul

The folk I worked with have never heard of that before. I copied your message so they read everything you said.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                    Yes your honour. We were christening a few of the rooms in our new home.....
                                                                                                    Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                    , I have seen huge machines batter these walls and never had a complaint.
                                                                                                    .

Comment

As the Newcastle contingent are hot in the thread I'd like to pick your respective brains... I am looking for a house cleaner. Probably 3 hours every 2 weeks or so. Do either of you know anybody local that does this?
                                                                                                      Go 2 hours every week and never, ever look back.
                                                                                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Lost €50 earlier, pretty sure I dropped it when paying for lunch.

Mad, have dropped multiples of that playing poker multiple times but I feel sicker over this.

Comment

Ronnie had a 126 and 127, and then this happens. What a weird end to a match!

Last edited by Flushdraw; 19-10-17, 14:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                            Ronnie had a 126 and 127, and then this happens. What a weird end to a watch!

]
                                                                                                            Cynical side of me would say that's a Barry Hearn plant to get a viral video out of it.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                              Cynical side of me would say that's a Barry Hearn plant to get a viral video out of it.
                                                                                                              I'd generally agree, but not sure on this one. Ronnie was already in the news earlier in the week after he threatened to pull out of the tournament because they wouldn't let him wear trainers due to a sprained ankle (they agreed in the end), so he has the publicity locked up for this tournament!

Comment

Anybody know of the best savings accounts? I need somewhere to put money for a good bit while I figure out what to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  I'd generally agree, but not sure on this one. Ronnie was already in the news earlier in the week after he threatened to pull out of the tournament because they wouldn't let him wear trainers due to a sprained ankle (they agreed in the end), so he has the publicity locked up for this tournament!
                                                                                                                  Yeah but I hadn't heard of that and I'm guessing 99.99% of people hadn't either.

Batty old lady running around a table gets much wider publicity.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                    Anybody know of the best savings accounts? I need somewhere to put money for a good bit while I figure out what to do with it.
                                                                                                                    50 quid ?

Comment

Quickly and easily find the best return for your savings. Compare interest rates and account features using our savings account comparison service.

Comment

Cheers, that's perfect. Just realised it's all pointless as it's so dismal no matter what you pick.

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                        50 quid ?
                                                                                                                        Just had a lucky break
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 19-10-17, 15:05.

Comment

Cheers, that's perfect. Just realised it's all pointless as it's so dismal no matter what you pick.

Just had a lucky break
                                                                                                                          Hookers and coke currently giving the best possible return.
                                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X