Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leicester sack Shakespeare. That club is a joke.

So many puns though....

Comment

Where's a decent restaurant for groups in Dublin these days? There'll be about 20-25 of us. Thinking something up to €50/head plus drinks should be plenty. FX Buckleys, Tomahawk?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
        Correction. It is cowshit that's killing us all.
        Danes and Irish to blame.

I acquiesce to barstool authority.

RIP Sean btw.
        You are dead right I feel great doing a bit of recycling huge difference meanwhile a billion Chinese are burning coal. Millions of acres of forest being laid waste to for shyte like palm oil a or few years grazing.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
              Where's a decent restaurant for groups in Dublin these days? There'll be about 20-25 of us. Thinking something up to €50/head plus drinks should be plenty. FX Buckleys, Tomahawk?
              Keshk. BYOB.
              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                So we are an Eriksen injury away from a World Cup.
                Potential Irish Hero;

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Little baby boy born. he is doing great. His Mama's is good too.

That one of each that a full house.
                  Last edited by Frossach; 17-10-17, 19:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                    Plus we can't really judge the Chinese. Their coal fumes have a much lower impact on the environment than the fact that we eat beef, which they largely don't. Ideally we'd all stop doing our bad things, but pointing at the Chinese when we've a vastly bigger impact that we don't have any intention of changing seems a bit dodge.
                    It’s more than likely too late.elon musk isn’t gonna Tech Jesus us out of this
                    The things that actually need to be done would have most governments overthrown within days if they tried to implement them.
                    Just hope that the worst models are off and we knock a few more decades of good times out,And that you die just before the free helicopter rides start to be handed out to anyone over a certain age when the younger generations realize just how thoroughly they have been fucked over

Comment

Almost all flights booked, accommodation booked, grand out.

Going full on, leaving Ireland on the either the 26th, 1st or 2nd.
                      Flying to London then Munich or just Munich straight. Renting a car there for a week and driving around to lots of places and dropping it off in Hamburg before getting to Copenhagen for the 8th and staying until the 12th when I fly back to work the mornings of 13th and 14th and Ireland match in the evening.

Now all I need are 2 fucking tickets!!

Hopefully not as golddust as Wales, but probably will be. Have never got lucky in the draws either even with 2 season tickets under my name
                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                        Almost all flights booked, accommodation booked, grand out.

Going full on, leaving Ireland on the either the 26th, 1st or 2nd.
                        Flying to London then Munich or just Munich straight. Renting a car there for a week and driving around to lots of places and dropping it off in Hamburg before getting to Copenhagen for the 8th and staying until the 12th when I fly back to work the mornings of 13th and 14th and Ireland match in the evening.

Now all I need are 2 fucking tickets!!

Hopefully not as golddust as Wales, but probably will be. Have never got lucky in the draws either even with 2 season tickets under my name
                        Dont know ya,but i can apply for ya too if ya want,

edit: oh wait prob not possible as have to provide travel documents
                        Last edited by poprock; 17-10-17, 17:49.

Comment

Power outage yesterday forced me to seek refuge in local watering hole which smartly installed a generator.

Was like Xmas Eve except every fucker interrupting my quiet time asking was there a socket around here.

Comment

I was charging up everything yesterday, phones, vape, portable power thingie. Just copped today that all I would've needed to do was start the car to charge stuff.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Back in our ladies.
                              Little miss took a Swan dive in crèche and has a massive sparrows egg on her forehead.
                              She's in great form however and it's mammy spitting venom about the crèche I'm more worried about
                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                Back in our ladies.
                                Little miss took a Swan dive in crèche and has a massive sparrows egg on her forehead.
                                She's in great form however and it's mammy spitting venom about the crèche I'm more worried about
                                It happens, before I stopped work to have Lewis and on my childminders last day, Lucie managed to swing back and forth in her pram moving it and it went down a single step. She ended up flat on her face and we thought nose broke. No damage done as it is just cartilage in the nose. The childminder was in a worse state than Lucie.

Moral is, these things happen.

Comment

Back in our ladies.
                                  They are better minded in creche than you'd mind them yourself but it still doesn't stop the guilt/rage if something unfortunate happens in there.
                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Lurker23 View Post
                                    Leicester sack Shakespeare. That club is a joke.

So many puns though....
                                    Yep, i agree. They are suffering from overachieving and the facts are; they aren't good enough to challenge for a top 6 spot. They have lost 4 times this season. Against Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool. Which in fairness would not be a disaster for a mid table team. Their other 6 games have been won 3 drawn 3. They really are a joke of a club how they dealt with Ranieri and now Shakespeare.

Comment

Harry Kane with a bit of a worldie in Madrid. Spurs up 1-0

Comment

Ah OG by the looks of it.

Comment

Comment

John Dunsworth, Mr. Lahey on Trailer Park Boys, dead at 71

Comment

Will be having a drinky poos in his honour tonight.

Comment

Ah just got what 'Back in our ladies' means. Yikes, hope she is good DP.
                                                She's grand. Usual craic where is placid and happy as anything until a nurse checks her blood pressure or heart rate with a tape around the toe.
                                                Heart rate was 185 with the cuff but dropped almost instantly once it was removed.
                                                So, another few hours to go

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                  Got the cheap tickets for the Munster match and freebie ticket on Saturday. Nabbed those cheap ones thanks to you Paul. This rugby fan lark is great value.

I honestly don't think there is a bad higher level seat in the Aviva for watching rugby.

I've applied for England v Ireland tickets and have the nod to join RDIII for the trip to Bilbao so I think that will do me for expensive trips for the season. I'll probably get one or two freebies over the autumn and I'll see about nabbing some half price home 6Ns tickets and that will do it.
                                                  Nabbed.

Seem to be in a strange position with my rugby viewing where I either spend a tenner or blow a grand to see a game!

Bilbao getting booked mid-Nov btw
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Up since 6am Tasmanian time. Better sleep on the Dublin leg.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      Up since 6am Tasmanian time. Better sleep on the Dublin leg.
                                                      What's the route? 3 legs via SE Asia or 2 legs via Middle East?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                        What's the route? 3 legs via SE Asia or 2 legs via Middle East?
                                                        Hobart-Melbourne-Abu Dhabi-Dublin.

Seems the best available at present. UAE clearly trying to become a world hub (and succeeding, if airport foot traffic is anything to go by)

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

so pissed off , subject of eating the 3 dry cream crackers was being discussed in messenger , ( world record kinda 50 seconds)so off I went to get three as I have them, video the whole lot , which was quite funny tbf, broke in halves , and managed no bother in a little over 2 mins . delighted with myself and went to send vid nah pressed re take or something as vid time ran out at 2mins 5 seconds.

FFS such a bad beat , so sent vid of crumbs all down pjs lol

deffo gonna attempt again , just not now as I have zero saliva !
                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

horror leg break for gordon hayward opening game of nba season

edit: fractured left ankle, just looked horrific how it happened and only seen one replay still horrible.
                                                                Last edited by chips1234; 18-10-17, 00:55.

Comment

so update is , its actually 6 crackers , yes i got more managed maybe 4 dunno as i chomped whole lot together on vid and no im not posting here . good laugh anyhow for those looking for a challenge .

This all started out of me sending a pic of a few crackers with heinz sandwich spread , which lead to me eating a total of maybe 14 crackers while seemingly on a diet!
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                    horror leg break for gordon hayward opening game of nba season

edit: fractured left ankle, just looked horrific how it happened and only seen one replay still horrible.
                                                                    I respect all sports but lol basketball. Breaking bones playing that is like fracturing your elbow playing tip the can or kerbs. Fucking yanks.

Comment

I respect all sports but lol basketball. Breaking bones playing that is like fracturing your elbow playing tip the can or kerbs. Fucking yanks.
                                                                      pmsl

Comment

It's a similar injury to the one Alan Smith suffered for Man Utd which he never really recovered from. Broken ankle and tibia.

It pretty much decides the Eastern Conference and who makes the NBA finals assuming LeBron plays his usual 70+ games.

Comment

How much wine have you had?
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                            The climate change debate is getting closer and closer to a religious debate as time goes on, for both sides. So many spurious claims. Things like that oft quoted "97% of scientists agree..." are complete fabrications.

Peels Mask off Denny ..finds

SPOILER

The scientific consensus is it's largely affected by human activities also the scientific consensus that climate change is largely irreversible. But we can stop it getting worse.

I am going to argue the ad hominem fallacy too because Danny is begging for it ... and submit it's only the likes of Danny Healy Rae who state climate change is not real. But he such a brilliant example of someone in a job they are completely terrible at and undeserving of and makes the following statements in the Dáil.

The Kerry TD made national headlines last year when he said in a Dáil debate that, "God above is in charge of the weather and we here can’t do anything about it".

I mean he could try praying to save us at least. I mean the roof was blown off a community school in cork..maybe if it was kerry he would be on the direct line to god.

The thing is you and I are too unimportant and powerless to do something. But i have a funny feeling you Denny could get elected to public office. You are perfect.

They also do great pensions.

Comment

Actually serious question ..would anyone off here ever consider running for public office? Or is that too scary a question? I reckon it would be gas. You would get in for sure.

Comment

Back in our ladies.
                                                                                Hope she is ok. It's scary when kids hurt themselves ...you grab your chest.

I was dropped on my head many times as a kid. I am grand. I am also mad...but grand like.

Comment

Bill Clinton has gone to NI to broker a deal to get stormont up and running again.

The former president was due to fly to Northern Ireland on Monday, but the trip was postponed due to Storm Ophelia.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                      Actually serious question ..would anyone off here ever consider running for public office? Or is that too scary a question? I reckon it would be gas. You would get in for sure.
                                                                                      Yeah, one chap ran as an indo back in 2011. Not really a prolific poster and don't think he posts anymore.
                                                                                      It would be really difficult to canvass an entire constituency without a big team of volunteers.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                          I would guess V for V and kayroo to be the most likely posters to run, and at a push maybe KevIre.
                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                            I would guess V for V and kayroo to be the most likely posters to run, and at a push maybe KevIre.
                                                                                            zod imo

Comment

Seriously? What sane person would run for public office in Ireland? The likes of Ivan Yates saw sense and got out once he got his fill of the ego stroking. I respect LeoV and his focus. Let's see what he actually achieves though. My expectations are unfortunately low.

Besides that I honestly couldn't afford the pay cut right now. What is the pay?? ~80k for a TD with no bonus or job security. Yes the pension is good but I need money to pay the bills now.

Comment

V would be too liable to tell voters what they don't want to hear i.e. the truth

Kayroo - if he could tone it down for Joe Public, I could see it....definitely potential there.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                  How much wine have you had?
                                                                                                  Look! Im mowing the air eamo.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                    zod imo
                                                                                                    Great shout. Actually worth a punt that.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                      V would be too liable to tell voters what they don't want to hear i.e. the truth

Kayroo - if he could tone it down for Joe Public, I could see it....definitely potential there.
                                                                                                      Would love to see kayroo running. Everyone would be too afraid to question his policies cos we wouldn't want to admit we didn't understand half the words.

Just lots of nodding.

Comment

Not as easy as you think to get elected by the way. Even local elections

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                          Would love to see kayroo running. Everyone would be too afraid to question his policies cos we wouldn't want to admit we didn't understand half the words.

Just lots of nodding.
                                                                                                          Kayroo debating Ruth Coppinger and Richard Boyd Barrett...I'd buy tickets to that

Comment

Pretty pointless running if you're not a teacher/publican/in GAA.
                                                                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 18-10-17, 10:03.

Comment

...

Comment

He'd be destroyed. Ruth would go 'my policy is free lollipops for every kid and taxing the rich 110%'. The crowd would go wild and Kayroo would spontaneously combust. Ruth and Barrett are elected because people want to hear the stupid things they say. Which incidentally is why zod has a great chance of being elected
                                                                                                                He already has his election slogan 'Dublin supremacy. Would prob make sense to run somewhere in Dublin then

Comment

Didn't say it wasn't real P&F. I said the 97% figure wasn't real.

And that figure came from Obama, he was using fake news long before trump.

Survey of the professional members of the American Meteorological Society (the premier body for atmosphere/climate physicists)
                                                                                                                  SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                    Pretty pointless running if you're not a teacher/publican/in GAA.
                                                                                                                    buy pub then run 2 dreams

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                      He already has his election slogan 'Dublin supremacy. Would prob make sense to run somewhere in Dublin then
                                                                                                                      i am sooo for Dublin supremacy up the dubs!

Comment

He'd be destroyed. Ruth would go 'my policy is free lollipops for every kid and taxing the rich 110%'. The crowd would go wild and Kayroo would spontaneously combust. Ruth and Barrett are elected because people want to hear the stupid things they say. Which incidentally is why zod has a great chance of being elected
                                                                                                                        IPB should have it's own constituency we are under represented.

Comment

Look! Im mowing the air eamo.

you must be in kerry so

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X