Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    The wife has become increasingly frustrated with our inability to drive, as its so much hassle using public transport with kids. Fixing that is made extra difficult as we need to pass the French driving test. So my plan for her birthday in December is to surprise her with having passed the theory section of the test, which is the main impediment. That should then make it fairly straightforward to be a fully fledged competent driver in time for next summer, as the actual driving part is low hassle.

So anyway, I'm here going through the three hundred page theory book, and its such a pain. Got through six pages in two hours as need to translate nearly everything and then work out what the English means as don't know anything about driving. ffs. Another three months of this at nighttime as am trying to do it in secret.
    is there not an app to do mock tests? there was a cd when i was doing it here, just did that a few times and i was good. faster than reading a book of it anyhow
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      LOL
      This is the post of the father of a daughter, not of the DP we once knew

But he's right.
      MSN you have it completley arseways about sex and violence in the media... the sex is a problem for you the violence can be a problem for them.
      Alan Watts talks about this a fair bit. What does it say about a society that finds expressions of physical love/pleasure more dangerous than expressions of physical hatred/violence.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
        Alan Watts talks about this a fair bit. What does it say about a society that finds expressions of physical love/pleasure more dangerous than expressions of physical hatred/violence.

Opr
        Listening/reading a lot of his stuff the last few months, so many 'mind-blown' moments!

Comment

The wife has become increasingly frustrated with our inability to drive, as its so much hassle using public transport with kids. Fixing that is made extra difficult as we need to pass the French driving test. So my plan for her birthday in December is to surprise her with having passed the theory section of the test, which is the main impediment. That should then make it fairly straightforward to be a fully fledged competent driver in time for next summer, as the actual driving part is low hassle.

So anyway, I'm here going through the three hundred page theory book, and its such a pain. Got through six pages in two hours as need to translate nearly everything and then work out what the English means as don't know anything about driving. ffs. Another three months of this at nighttime as am trying to do it in secret.
          In France, I'd be fairly confident the answer to every question is ' just build another roundabout'

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
            pmd you
            Swift and sort code does not work. Not sure what you're trying to do, but for national transfers, sort code and account is enough. For international, Bic and account should work.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
              In France, I'd be fairly confident the answer to every question is ' just build another roundabout'
              and Ireland!
              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

can't be that hard surely? Imaging something along the lines of 'drive on the correct side of the road, don't kill people' would suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                  and Ireland!
                  And then put some traffic lights on it.
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                    Swift and sort code does not work. Not sure what you're trying to do, but for national transfers, sort code and account is enough. For international, Bic and account should work.
                    i have acc, iban, sort slash swift all sent off, hitch said all ok , sent him screen shots hopefully all good , international transfer
                    Her sky-ness
                    © 5starpool

Comment

So after Jamie Dimon's comments around bitcoin JPMorgan Securities was the 4th biggest buyer of bitcoin on the recent downturn

Opr

Comment

Any current Sporting Emporium regs on here that's friends with staff should probably get in touch with someone there. Some bad news about a dealer passing away suddenly off duty. Tournament obviously cancelled and staff upset. No idea who but terrible news.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

The BIC is different to a sort code Michelle. The sort code forms part of your IBaN. Generally the BIC and IBAN are what you neeed

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                The BIC is different to a sort code Michelle. The sort code forms part of your IBaN. Generally the BIC and IBAN are what you neeed
                                i sent Bic, I sent sort code, I sent Iban, I sent everything lol
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                    Any current Sporting Emporium regs on here that's friends with staff should probably get in touch with someone there. Some bad news about a dealer passing away suddenly off duty. Tournament obviously cancelled and staff upset. No idea who but terrible news.
                                    Yea its awful

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                        Grats Lazare, your a good egg and I'm genuinely delighted for you.
                                        Congrats, when's the christening?

Comment

Hope all our Maltese ex pats are good

Independent.ie: Irishman (35) left with 'grievous injuries' after incident in Malta this morning. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw8LfegzY
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

It's Irish Sign language awareness week

This is 4 Dublin schools doing a rendition of wake me up.

Did you know we have our own native Sign language diff from BSL or ASL?? Well we do!

This week is promoting awareness so we can get to a point where it's normal for interpreters to be at concerts.
                                            Like at this Chilli peppers where Amber Galloway Gallego LITERALLY STOLE THE SHOW

Red Hot Chili Peppers at Lollapalooza 2016 singing Under the Bridge with interpreter rocking out. Amber Galloway Gallego

This is an interpreation into ASL of take me to church by Hozier*Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fai...

Comment

Sign language has a lot of sass.....it's fly....it's like the language the hair flick comes from...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post

Independent.ie: Irishman (35) left with 'grievous injuries' after incident in Malta this morning. http://google.com/newsstand/s/CBIw8LfegzY
                                                There's only 2 IPBers that I know of that live in Sliema, and i've not heard any news filtering through that it's either of them. Hopefully whoever it is can make a good recovery. They drive like fkin lunatics over here so it's no surprise, and it's usually brushed under the carpet if it's a foreigner.

Comment

ggg

Comment

BTW ..there is a deaf poker society to run events for people who are interested not sure when the next one is ..but i remember a thread from the other place on this

Hi. I’ve noticed that organisers new to this have been introducing themselves so I’m going to follow the trend. Hello, I’m Ciarán Moloney.

They have the advantage on the body reads!

Pretty sure some peeps here were involved...pretty cool guys
                                                    Last edited by Guest; 17-09-17, 00:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                      There's only 2 IPBers that I know of that live in Sliema, and i've not heard any news filtering through that it's either of them. Hopefully whoever it is can make a good recovery. They drive like fkin lunatics over here so it's no surprise, and it's usually brushed under the carpet if it's a foreigner.
                                                      I hope all are ok.

Comment

This latest Ryanair heel-turn is pretty good. Much more convincing than the shortlived good-guy push.

Comment

Sample question I was just doing. Thats a stupid level of knowledge they're aiming at.

There's no question mark so it's quite obviously a rhetorical question.
                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Last edited by The Aul Switcharoo; 17-09-17, 02:38.
                                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

the boxing experts here are quite on this one no sky sports news to tell them there is a fight on.......mcgregor fan boys

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                the boxing experts here are quite on this one no sky sports news to tell them there is a fight on.......mcgregor fan boys
                                                                am watching but dont see how ggg loses
                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Can't sleep, thank God for American combat sports. Good old fashioned KO in the big one tyvm.
                                                                  Last edited by Mickey Rosa; 17-09-17, 02:44.
                                                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

For anyone with a Paddy Power account this may be of interest.

When you look at the group round betting Golovkin 7-9 is 5/1. If you look at the #whatoddspaddy section "Golovkin to win by KO in rounds 7-9" is 28/1.

Each of those rounds individually is only 14/1. This is clearly an error.

Get on it.

Comment

Originally posted by mugsy View Post
                                                                      UFC is on m8.

Boxing is shit but tonight's a tasty fight. The boxing bout of the year.

Comment

am watching but dont see how ggg loses
                                                                        its a hard fight to call in my opinion thats why its appealing though. If it goes 12 rounds id expect GGG win. If GGG hasnt got a ko by round 8/9. I wouldnt be suprised if he is stopped.

I rate GGG highly. maybe too much. but i think he will get the tko/ko mid fight

Comment

Serious smoking jacket on the lad singing the Kazakstan national anthem.
                                                                          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Canelo looked ridiculous at the weigh ins. I haven't watched alot of GGG but he hasn't fought someone like Canelo before has he? Canelo decision isn't impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                              Serious smoking jacket on the lad singing the Kazakstan national anthem.
                                                                              Prefer the Mexican's outfit though

Comment

so the boxnation panel saying alvarez would get a decision cause he is the younger fighter and will have more fights in him and a bigger profile.

I know boxing is corrupt a little but jesus i wouldnt factor that in under current scruitiny.

Comment

Lovely hurling this fight.

Comment

This is class tbf

Comment

can see a canelo decision
                                                                                      I've ggg ahead but still

Comment

Can't wait for the rematch, that was top drawer.

Comment

What a fight. All depends on what the judges like now. GGG wins for me, they need to do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                            'twas Danny I'm afraid, only 35ish.
                                                                                            Worked on the gaming floor
                                                                                            so poker players may not remember him.
                                                                                            Saying a little prayer for his family, friends & colleagues.
                                                                                            Last edited by DeeBrown; 17-09-17, 16:43.

Comment

Not having that,but will stump up again

Comment

lol

How the fuck do the judges see it so differently, that card for Canelo is as bad a score I've seen ever.

Comment

wow...fucking boxing

Comment

Originally posted by DeeBrown View Post
                                                                                                    'twas Eddie I'm afraid, only 35ish.
                                                                                                    Worked on the gaming floor
                                                                                                    so poker players may not remember him.
                                                                                                    Jesus that's a shock, remember him well.

Ar dheis dé go raibh a anam dílis.

Comment

Half expecting Borat to come out now after the way the first judge scored it.

Comment

Comment

Boxing starting to look up lately after that fight
                                                                                                          & the Joshua/Klitschko show a while back.

All that's needed now is for Joe Duffy
                                                                                                          to up his game on the trash talking
                                                                                                          & Bag himself a €100 million super fight
                                                                                                          with George Foreman.

Comment

That's lovely Dee you're very sweet. Sad news.

Comment

Boxing starting to look up lately after that fight
                                                                                                              & the Joshua/Klitschko show a while back.

All that's needed now is for Joe Duffy
                                                                                                              to up his game on the trash talking
                                                                                                              & Bag himself a €100 million super fight
                                                                                                              with George Foreman.
                                                                                                              Boxing will never out panto the best ...bow down to WWE ...

A REAL sport!

Comment

Àth Cliath Abù.

Comment

Tony is too old anyway

There is only who is in that age range we know from there, haven't heard any names for the injured person. Hopefully the guy recovers.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                                    Àth Cliath Abù.
                                                                                                                    Meas a bheith chun na Gaeilgeoirí . But there is a time and a place ..
                                                                                                                    C'MON THE DUBS!

Respect to Mayo. county to county ...I saw a mayo flag out today ..keeping the pride even though moved to dublin...i like that .....i like to see that ...i like enduring country pride .meas a bheith chun a duit..meas

BUT....I am a 3 generations Dub my identity is Dub... I am ALL Dub so today I speak pure Dub...Let's do this.but now pardon me....now in my Dublin brogue..C'MON THE DUBS!

SWALLOW THE BLUE PILL YOU MAYO MOTHERFUCKERS!

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Guest; 17-09-17, 07:55.

Comment

Gaa have released more tickets for Dublin v mayo final if anyone interested and is quick
                                                                                                                      https://gaa.tickets.ie/Booking/Event...September-2017

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                        Gaa have released more tickets for Dublin v mayo final if anyone interested and is quick
                                                                                                                        https://gaa.tickets.ie/Booking/Event...September-2017
                                                                                                                        Nicely done...taking the daughters now.

Ye bollix.

Comment

Even the 9 y/o nephew from Mayo knows enough to keep a lid on his excitement. The two older nieces are fatalistically resigned.

Mine have no clue about football but are still wearing Dublin tops and behaving ebulliently.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X