Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
    Anybody, Ghostface i'm looking at you here, point me in the direction of the planning notices for that new Holiday Park they are building up in Longford?

Priced it there but they are giving me quantities of 1,300 lodges. Seems a bit mental for the arsehole of bogland

Website says 470.
    You should be able to find the application by searching for it here

Site is a pain
    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
      You should be able to find the application by searching for it here

Site is a pain
      Yep, site is a pain.

Nvm anyway, seems some overpaid architect in the UK cant do simple maths. Bodes well.

Comment

My sandwich has feelings

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          It was whoever was doing the sound that was to blame. Don't think he knew how bad it was until he got messages telling him to sneak out with the trumpet
          Agreed blasting it through the PA was way to much wasn't as bad last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            Had a fairly annoying interaction with an estate agent there.

Sent him a mail about viewing a place in Limerick, he fires back immediately asking about references. I mailed him back and no response. A few hours later I mail him again to confirm the day I'll be around, also mention I want to take a look at another (more expensive place) he has available... Snap response - the (cheaper) place is gone, when do you want to look at the more expensive place?

This first place has been on Daft since 27th of January, and was updated yesterday morning as being still available. I mail him about it this morning and he makes no mention of it being gone, the instant I mention a more expensive place it flicks to 'let agreed' on daft.

Seems like literally unbelievable timing, as it would have to have been viewed and the letting agreed literally in the last three hours after two full months of inactivity.

I told him I wasn't too interested in the other place and thanks anyway. Seriously tilted.
            Have to say I love estate agents, they are one of the few professions that make recruiters look sincere on comparison.

Comment

Don't know if this was posted here before but worth a watch.

Drug crusaders cannot accept the fact that they're not god, that they have neither the right nor the competence to run other peoples' lives for them

Comment

funny story about this.

I was asked whilst walking down the street with my wife by a dealer if I like cocaine. obviously I said yes. he goes then do you want some, no it's 12 in the afternoon. he got real angry and followed us and kept saying but you said you like it etc.

As an aside, i was officially let go from work today. I've had two afternoon beers in the sunshine so it's not all bad.

Comment

Anybody, Ghostface i'm looking at you here, point me in the direction of the planning notices for that new Holiday Park they are building up in Longford?

Priced it there but they are giving me quantities of 1,300 lodges. Seems a bit mental for the arsehole of bogland

Website says 470.
                  It is 470 lodeges. Priced work there at tender stage. Not sure about the planning notices but Id hazard a guess at Longford Co Co website if such a thing exists.

Comment

Originally posted by cadey110 View Post
                    It is 470 lodeges. Priced work there at tender stage. Not sure about the planning notices but Id hazard a guess at Longford Co Co website if such a thing exists.
                    Is this for that new forest park thingy?
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Website says 470.
                      Texting me would have been quicker Breakdown from the ABP report below, seems to be 500 units total

The development includes 470 lodges which are described as self-catering holiday
                      accommodation units which are dispersed around the site in a series of 78 no.
                      clusters. An Apartment Building (I) with 30 no. units is also proposed providing a
                      total of 500 no. units on the site. There are 5 lodge types. The most prevalent are
                      called Woodland Lodges of which there are 298 and which are comprised of 2, 3 and
                      4 beds with 3 lodges catering specifically for guests with disabilities which have a car
                      parking space. There are 89 no. 2-bed units, 154 no. 3-bed units and 55 no. 4-bed
                      units all of which are single storey with private patio to the rear. There are 157 no.
                      proposed Executive Lodges with 62 no. 2-bed one of which is designed with
                      disability access, 70 no, 3-bed, one of which is designed with disability access, and
                      25 no. 4-beds, 14 no. of which are split level and 11 no. of which are two-storey.
                      Each of the three and four bed Executive Lodges have detached saunas. There are
                      11 no. Exclusive Lodges 10 no. having 4-neds and 1 no five bed providing disability
                      access. Each of the Exclusive Lodges are two-storey and have a private spa facility
                      including an external hot tub and detached spa including a sauna and steam room.
                      Two no. Water Lodges are proposed which are two storey with 3-beds and a private
                      terrace overhanging the lake and an external hot tub with private jetty. There are 2
                      no. Tree Houses proposed which are 4-bed units accessed via a sloping boardwalk
                      and elevated within the tree canopy with external terraces and a detached games
                      den. The lodges have a variety of sizes of outdoor terraces with BBQ’s and other
                      features. The predominant external material is timber cladding with stone used as a
                      secondary material. Roofs have slate effect tiling with the treehouses using cedar
                      shingles. The varying lodge types provides for a variety of uses of the materials.
                      An Apartment building (I) with an area of 1,938 sq.m is proposed to the east of the
                      Sports Lake and north of the Spa and comprises a three storey rectangular shaped
                      building comprising 30 no. self-catering apartments comprising a bedroom,
                      kitchenette, shower room and toilet with external balcony. The external finishes
                      include stone and timber cladding.
                      Last edited by ghostface; 29-03-17, 14:51.

Comment

Website says 470.
                        What exactly are you pricing?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Phone call from Vodafone there asking for my security details, Googled the number and it's actually them. Seems an odd way of doing business.
                          It is, my bank does similar

Hello
                          Yes
                          Can you confirm your date of birth, its your bank
                          No,Can you confirm my account number
                          I cannot give out that infomation
                          Then how do I know who you are
                          You can call this number
                          What is the purpose of this call and who I am asking for
                          I cannot give out that information
                          Oh fuck you dickhead

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                            What exactly are you pricing?
                            Some of the internal bits & bobs

Comment

It is, my bank does similar

Hello
                              Yes
                              Can you confirm your date of birth, its your bank
                              No,Can you confirm my account number
                              I cannot give out that infomation
                              Then how do I know who you are
                              You can call this number
                              What is the purpose of this call and who I am asking for
                              I cannot give out that information
                              Oh fuck you dickhead
                              Say "I just need to confirm YOUR identity" in the same tone as "I know you are, but what am I?" for maximum banter.
                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

At worst i was giving my details to a scammer, and best i was talking to a telemarketer. I just hung up.

Comment

Some of the internal bits & bobs
                                  Damm son even if they are bits and bobs , on 1300 lodges, thats a serious project,
                                  Is this project out for tender

An unscrupulous building contractor might say its 1300 then you get bright eyed and say yeah I can do that for 240 a gaffe since their is 1300 hundred of them, them boom down to 400 houses, and they have one over on you, before the project even starts

Comment

Damm son even if they are bits and bobs , on 1300 lodges, thats a serious project,
                                    Is this project out for tender

An unscrupulous building contractor might say its 1300 then you get bright eyed and say yeah I can do that for 240 a gaffe since their is 1300 hundred of them, them boom down to 400 houses, and they have one over on you, before the project even starts
                                    That's why I was checking...

Turnover for vanity, profit for sanity
                                    Last edited by Dice75; 29-03-17, 17:29.

Comment

That's why I was checking...

Turnover for vanity, profit for sanity
                                      There is no money in small jobs too many gobshites down there

Comment

Sweating the Burning Man ticket lottery atm, one time!
                                        Last edited by FeetMagic; 29-03-17, 19:24.

Comment

It Teaser Trailer #1 (2017: Check out the new trailer starring Bill Skarsgård, Finn Wolfhard, and Javier Botet! Be the first to check out trailers and movie ...
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

If they had played the Churchill pro European speech repeatedly during the referendum they would certainly have voted remain

It seems stupidity is guiding principal of the modern world. Fucking depressing.

Comment

Jimmy Wales agrees

Comment

I think I heard somewhere that babies facial features, hair and eye color are pretty random in the beginning to protect the vulnerable post natal mother who may have been unfaithful. The features of the father come out later when the mother has recovered and can defend her self from the potential rage of the cuckold father when he sees jr. is the spit of his brother, the post man, her gym instructor etc.
                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                  I think I heard somewhere that babies facial features, hair and eye color are pretty random in the beginning to protect the vulnerable post natal mother who may have been unfaithful. The features of the father come out later when the mother has recovered and can defend her self from the potential rage of the cuckold father when he sees jr. is the spit of his brother, the post man, her gym instructor etc.
                                                  Ah heyor, that sounds like the biggest load of rubbish I've read all day, and I've read lots of Brexit stuff today.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                    Ah heyor, that sounds like the biggest load of rubbish I've read all day, and I've read lots of Brexit stuff today.
                                                    I'm starting to worry that 'bent bananas' has always been a euphemism for something more sinister.
                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                      yeah twas a dead giveaway when the baby was born black, that twas the brother

Comment

Microtea. https://www.joe.ie/fitness-health/yo...cup-tea-583309

Told ye.
                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Beginning of the end for card sharing dodgy boxes? A bunch of channels including SS1 not working the last couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                            Beginning of the end for card sharing dodgy boxes? A bunch of channels including SS1 not working the last couple of days.
                                                            Today is my last day working till Tuesday, I can now get Outbound sales calls processed.

All feel free to pm
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                              Jimmy Wales agrees

kind of a testament to the human spirit that we just keep plugging away, no?

Governments have less impact than we might like to think

Comment

Someone looking for vents in the BBV thread

seen it all now

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                  Someone looking for vents in the BBV thread

seen it all now
                                                                  Bad beat VENT thread
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                    I am looking for Air Vents for internal walls - I've moved to chrome light fittings when renovating the house and those gaudy plastic ones don't cut it. Best I can find are these ones but they are polished steel which I am sure will look fine but I thought I'd ask if anybody can point me in the direction of a bounty of air vents which might help me out.
                                                                    Have seen them in Woodies and i think B&Q

Edit - quick website check seems to only show aluminium or gold.

Deffo should get the gold ones
                                                                    Last edited by Dice75; 30-03-17, 08:58.

Comment

I saw wooden or wood effect vents somewhere but I can't remember where.

It seems kind of silly the way we insulate our houses so heavily but also have this mandatory hole in the wall

Comment

Sausage rolls, coffee

Comment

I am looking for Air Vents for internal walls - I've moved to chrome light fittings when renovating the house and those gaudy plastic ones don't cut it. Best I can find are these ones but they are polished steel which I am sure will look fine but I thought I'd ask if anybody can point me in the direction of a bounty of air vents which might help me out.
                                                                          Try hib.co.uk
                                                                          I have them on display in Tile Merchant Ballymount.
                                                                          Open 7 days a week. Great discount for all IPB members

Comment

Can anyone here recommend a new kitchen place in Dublin by the way (not going to Southampton or wherever that spammer is based!) - have already been to Ikea, Cash & Carry Kitchens, Kitchen World and Woodies but am not happy with any of them really. We've a small space so it's a nice challenge for the designer

Comment

Any word on how Second Captains paid service doing? Found myself just substituting more to Off the Ball.

Comment

FAO: Mods.

Rigger would now like to be known as Lord Sir Banter. Please do the needful.

Comment

In one page of posts we have posts about builders pricing holidays chalets in the back end of no where, lads looking for new kitchens and one baller looking for chrome air vents...

We're back lads, time to enjoy the ride.
                                                                                  The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                    Can anyone here recommend a new kitchen place in Dublin by the way (not going to Southampton or wherever that spammer is based!) - have already been to Ikea, Cash & Carry Kitchens, Kitchen World and Woodies but am not happy with any of them really. We've a small space so it's a nice challenge for the designer
                                                                                    Cristoph Kitchens used to be a client of mine. Think they were pretty pricey from memory but meant to be very good
                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                      And this time it's for keeps, obviously. This does not slip.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                        In one page of posts we have posts about builders pricing holidays chalets in the back end of no where, lads looking for new kitchens and one baller looking for chrome air vents...

AIB currently running a TV ad about taking out a loan to build your kids a treehouse

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                          Cristoph Kitchens used to be a client of mine. Think they were pretty pricey from memory but meant to be very good
                                                                                          Christopher Kitchens???

Comment

Chicago sports media reckon Chicago Fire have a chance of winning the World Cup now that Schweinsteiger signed.

Bastian Schweinsteiger Asked If 'He Can Help Chicago Win A World Cup' During First Press Conference!Please like the video and share wherever you can (Twitter...

Comment

Kube Sandyford for very helpful when doing ours. Can tailor up\down depending on budget.

Comment

Spoke to Kube as well alright - they are bit more pricey than we had planned for! Most came in around the same amount, they were a good bit more and one quote was suspiciously low... The search continues.

Comment

Card sharing seems like the easiest one to shut down tbh
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Bit of talk about laptops recently - I got a HP Elite x2 in work, pretty nifty bit of kit if anyone needs something quite portable.

Comment

Loads of weird and wonderful ones on EBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/wall-vent

Comment

the chap laying my floor is also laying the floors in a very high end south dublin development and he told me yesterday "it's worse than 2007, throw it up, move on"
                                                                                                        There's a cue to make sure you're quality control hat is firmly in place when he's 'finished'.

Comment

Doesn't have to be Dublin based. My old work is Donegal do loads of fitting in Dublin and the UK. You should give them a shout. You find the prices better too.

The designer there been doing a long time and knows her stuff.

Hillside Kitchens & Bedrooms provide a wide range of bespoke kitchens, bedrooms and storage solutions tailored to your specifications.

Comment

What budget tablet/chromebook should I get? Will be mainly used for streaming I think.

Will go with this I think - https://www.amazon.de/Acer-Chromeboo...dp_ob_title_ce
                                                                                                            Last edited by bohsman; 30-03-17, 16:03.

Comment

enough of the kitchen talk already, dont be encouraging them...

Comment

enough of the kitchen talk already, dont be encouraging them...
                                                                                                                Is email verification of new accounts still disabled? That might help.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                  Is email verification of new accounts still disabled? That might help.
                                                                                                                  It's been enabled for years, as well as other things too.

Comment

You will always find me in the kitchen at Parties .

I had no luck with her.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                      What budget tablet/chromebook should I get? Will be mainly used for streaming I think.

Will go with this I think - https://www.amazon.de/Acer-Chromeboo...dp_ob_title_ce
                                                                                                                      That should be perfect. I have similar spec
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

ty - they seem to have fans rather than vents or am I looking at wrong part of website. Will happily call into you if you have them. Probably have to call into TileStyle anyway to get floor levelling compound.

the chap laying my floor is also laying the floors in a very high end south dublin development and he told me yesterday "it's worse than 2007, throw it up, move on"
                                                                                                                        Sorry about that
                                                                                                                        O Mahoneys beside us have vents on display and they can get other options for u
                                                                                                                        We sell levelling compound as well as tilestyle but not at their prices 😃

Comment

Aintree is under one week out. The Tipping Comp has a nicnic-sponsored bonus feature.

Come this way for further details.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X