Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Worth a listen, pretty mental story about the worst player to ever try to qualify for the British Open

Comment

Is someone insinuating I might be a poker fish ???

I think that's rather ....unkind ..*sniffs* ...
      Just cuz i can't do maths in my head!
      Cats have no need for maths!

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
        Maybe we should start it on here, I'd rate myself a 0.8, all the Trump talk shaved off 2.0 for sure. Chadders and LSC gotta be 4.6's.
        Outa 1.

We're class.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
          Outa 1.

We're class.
          You are class.

Comment

Also ..go team Doug.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
              You are class.
              You aren't wrong m8.

Comment

Comment

Religious debate in the Fitz of a Monday night. Currently feel like Lazare.
                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                    Religious debate in the Fitz of a Monday night. Currently feel like Lazare.
                    You are just like Lazare

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                      You are just like Lazare
                      The man Jesus brought back from the dead, or the other fella?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        The man Jesus brought back from the dead, or the other fella?
                        I meant the other fella.

I am the type to join religions though ...cultish ones ...

Comment

If you have someone on Ignore all their posts say 'You cannot see this post because you have X on Ignore' - is there any way to change the settings so you just see nothing at all?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                            If you have someone on Ignore all their posts say 'You cannot see this post because you have X on Ignore' - is there any way to change the settings so you just see nothing at all?
                            Not natively. There is a Firefox extension (or at least used to be) that does this. I can't recall what it is called though. Google can probably help.

Comment

Just to make sure it's not me...

To answer your question in IO thread. Party poker will email you and ask what day you want play.
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Is there much cash running at the IO? When do the Norwegians arrive?

Comment

People looking for laptops, have no fear, Tar is here.

Dell UK outlet has to be the best option, they put up new laptops every afternoon which great price reductions. It will say something like "scratch and dent" in all the descriptions but from querying people they should be perfect when you get them.

I went on to have a look and saw there are often discount codes on top of the sale prices, so tweeted delloutletuk and asked for a code, they duly obliged and put a 15% code up on the laptop range I wanted (An extra €100 off.).

Ended up buying an i7, 16gb ram, 256GB SSD, 1080p, and a 4GB radeon R7 m445 gfx card for €500 and sent it to parcel motel. It's €1000 on their site. Prices shown on site exclude vat until checkout btw and laptops are snapped up pretty fast.

Comment

I have a Dell Tar, it's silver btw.
                                    Recently it has stopped recognising the charger and disabling the battery charging.
                                    It's still runs off AC power, but the battery has sat at 0% for a while now

Comment

Is someone here BillStraightener on twitter? Can't remember...

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                        I take bloods on myself once a year, BP etc etc

To be honest any good GP will provide the service above for a fraction of the cost. Lots of screening at our age is unnecessary but a reassurance run over once and awhile is grand
                                        I was looking at going to charter medical for an nct...runs about €500 as tara said.

seems to cover a fair amount tbf

As IPB's resident doc, is it a giant fiddle?
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                          Red indeed!

Mad that a baby can just wake up with new eyes though.

Finished out my latest drinking bout with the last bit of Enders Game. That is such a fantastic book that i kinda judge our reading thread for not recommending it.
                                          Enders Game is great, it veers massively into twaddle on some of the later books though
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                              People looking for laptops, have no fear, Tar is here.

Dell UK outlet has to be the best option, they put up new laptops every afternoon which great price reductions. It will say something like "scratch and dent" in all the descriptions but from querying people they should be perfect when you get them.

I went on to have a look and saw there are often discount codes on top of the sale prices, so tweeted delloutletuk and asked for a code, they duly obliged and put a 15% code up on the laptop range I wanted (An extra €100 off.).

Ended up buying an i7, 16gb ram, 256GB SSD, 1080p, and a 4GB radeon R7 m445 gfx card for €500 and sent it to parcel motel. It's €1000 on their site. Prices shown on site exclude vat until checkout btw and laptops are snapped up pretty fast.
                                              Can you condense off of this in a single link to click and buy?
                                              and does it come in red?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                Is there much cash running at the IO? When do the Norwegians arrive?
                                                Was about 10 tables going last night between 12-3am when i left. Seemed to be mostly 1-2 NLH & PLO but wasn't playing myself. Not sure if anything bigger got going.

Norwegians starting to arrive Weds in drabs afaik

Comment

TVs and laptops need to work on their naming conventions,or maybe not,aim is probably to get customer so confused they shell out on either the most expensive or the cheapest which is actually shite.so close to buying a MacBook pr,I know it's the wrong thing to do but can't bare wading through the specsheet for another Zyrtec x-555985kG(b model) 15" i5 (v6) 930p screen etc

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    Enders Game is great, it veers massively into twaddle on some of the later books though
                                                    i think i've read almost all his novels. the ones that stand out for me are:

ender's game
                                                    speaker for the dead
                                                    xenocide

ender's shadow (this is a guilty pleasure of wanting ender's game to go on and on... and only to be read if you've read ender's game)

songmaster (standalone)

a planet called treason (standalone)

Comment

Enders Game series is great. I gave that book to my brother for Christmas and recommended it here Hitch.

Recently it has stopped recognising the charger and disabling the battery charging.
                                                      Needs new battery.
                                                      Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                      Can you condense off of this in a single link to click and buy?
                                                      and does it come in red?
                                                      coupons here:
                                                      Explore all coupons, deals & voucher codes on refurbished business laptops & desktops at Dell Outlet. Free shipping. Shop great deals at amazing prices!

buy here:

Comment

That's happened to all Dell laptops I have owned. I got new chargers with some of my old laptops and that solved the issue.
                                                        Usually it went through the process of not recognising the charger unless I jiggled the connection a bit before eventually not recognising it at all. Then I got a new charger and that solved things for a while.
                                                        I think this fault is built-in to make you buy new chargers and batteries every year or so.
                                                        My current one (not actually a Dell but Alienware which Dell owns) I just have to leave plugged in to the AC, battery stays at 0%. Not bothered getting a new charger or anything.

Comment

Daylight savings is kicking my ass. I never used to complain about it coz I never had a regualr sleep cycle. Every day I was awake before 11am was a bastard anyway, what difference did an extra hour make?

Now that I've developed a regular sleep pattern, DST has fucked me up. Moar coffee plz.
                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Might be the greatest Twitter account of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                              shower thought - Were Hitler, Stalin, Churchill, Roosevelt etc absolutely exceptional human beings or is it that they were put on a pedestal by history.

In 100 years time will people look back at Trump, Putin, Teresa May etc in the same way
                                                              Can you not have a "ham shank" in the shower like a normal guy

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              Noticed the baby's eye colour has changed from my wife's brown-green to my dazzling blue over the last few weeks. That's a bit strange, to change your actual eyeballs? Simplest explanation is it's just a different baby, but Google suggests change in eye colour happens if you start with a minority colour. Anyone seen that before?
                                                              Not sure how Michelle thinks the eye change is extremely common as I have never heard of a brown/green going to blue. I was always pretty sure it was just always blue at birth till they changed.

I would personally take the child to the Dr with a photo of what they eye colour was like. just get the little one checked out. Just don't accept it as normal cos some of us on the internet said so. If it was my child I would be concerned.

Where is Bubbleking when you need him!

Hmmm
                                                              "Most babies who have European ancestry have light-colored eyes before the age of one. As the child develops, melanocytes (cells found within the iris of human eyes, as well as skin and hair follicles) slowly begin to produce melanin.[citation needed] Because melanocyte cells continually produce pigment, in theory eye color can be changed. Most eye changes happen when the infant is around one year old, although it can happen up to three years of age."
                                                              Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 28-03-17, 12:48.

Comment

@Hitch

I know what has happened. Your child has become a White Walker.

Winter is coming...

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                  Needs new battery.
                                                                  ]
                                                                  I dont think so. It's not a removable battery (which may not prevent built in redundancies tbh)
                                                                  But mostly because the OS alerts me that is doesn't recognise the charger and has disabled charging. If it stopped doingnthat pretty sure it charges fine

Comment

I dont think so. It's not a removable battery (which may not prevent built in redundancies tbh)
                                                                    But mostly because the OS alerts me that is doesn't recognise the charger and has disabled charging. If it stopped doing that pretty sure it charges fine
                                                                    The battery is definitely replaceable. You probably need to take the bottom cover off to access it. Same with all of the Macbooks. Might be a pain depending on the model.

Easiest thing to do here is get a friend (or maybe even IT at work) with a working dell charger, borrow it and see what happens. Either your message goes away, buy a new charger and happy days or still the same issue -> get a new battery.

Like Tar said its most likely the battery that needs replacing. From experience with that kind of fault, it's usually about: 80% battery -> 15% charger -> 5% tough shit your motherboard is fucked and buy a new laptop. Most laptop batteries will usually burn out pretty quickly when they reach their expected number of usage cycles and last pissing time, IME 1-2 years. Chargers typically only break from being handled poorly or when cords get kinked from wrapping them incorrectly.

Comment

It works!!

Ty

Comment

It be removable if opened up, I meant its designed be a comsummer battery change.

The power aspect of the charger is fine. It's suppling the required DC without issue.
                                                                        But what ever way it communicates to the laptop that it's a dell is happening.
                                                                        Gonna try shut down and disconnect and reconnect. To see if it charges a bit before it's is turned on to run what ever test it does.

Comment

Phone call from Vodafone there asking for my security details, Googled the number and it's actually them. Seems an odd way of doing business.

Comment

Don't lissen to Tar. Chromebooks
                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Does the suit make the man? Watch the all-new #SpiderManHomecoming trailer now and make sure to see it in theaters July 7.â–º Subscribe to Marvel: http://bit.l...

Comment

Had a fairly annoying interaction with an estate agent there.

Sent him a mail about viewing a place in Limerick, he fires back immediately asking about references. I mailed him back and no response. A few hours later I mail him again to confirm the day I'll be around, also mention I want to take a look at another (more expensive place) he has available... Snap response - the (cheaper) place is gone, when do you want to look at the more expensive place?

This first place has been on Daft since 27th of January, and was updated yesterday morning as being still available. I mail him about it this morning and he makes no mention of it being gone, the instant I mention a more expensive place it flicks to 'let agreed' on daft.

Seems like literally unbelievable timing, as it would have to have been viewed and the letting agreed literally in the last three hours after two full months of inactivity.

I told him I wasn't too interested in the other place and thanks anyway. Seriously tilted.

Comment

Anybody recommend a decent boiler repair service, Dublin 9/11 Northsiode type thing.
                                                                                  Celtic phoenix in full flow, lads promising to call back and not bothering.
                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
                                                                                    Anybody recommend a decent boiler repair service, Dublin 9/11 Northsiode type thing.
                                                                                    Celtic phoenix in full flow, lads promising to call back and not bothering.
                                                                                    I use a chap in D15, exBordGais and now private contractor, talks the talk well and seems to know what he is doing, though on the other hand the fact that he has been out to my boiler 4 times in the last 6 years is a bit of a negative.
                                                                                    Very good at turning up quickly and will also drop in evenings. Not too expensive was €50 or €60 cih for a call out in January just gone.
                                                                                    Joe Nangle 0876771390.

Comment

Daniel O'Donnell will look at it for you.

Comment

...Would anyone know if there are live satellites to the Irish Open?... Not keen on trying online...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                          ...Would anyone know if there are live satellites to the Irish Open?... Not keen on trying online...
                                                                                          Check the IO thread. Plenty on at the citywest. Also might have one in the fitz
                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Phone call from Vodafone there asking for my security details, Googled the number and it's actually them. Seems an odd way of doing business.
                                                                                            I got a call from my health insurance provider recently about a "security issue". As above requesting my personal details to confirm my identity. I rang them back and it turns out the security issue was that they had posted some of my details to a completely different customer! The same thing happened to a colleague of mine at work.

I also had my bank ring me to go through a credit card application, same scenario and just called them back. A 40 minute phone call where I could have spent 10 mins max online manually entering the info. I even had to re-hash all of the info that was provided in the initial online application. FFS I can open a revolut account in less than 10 minutes and verify it. I can open a Number26 current account in the same time, all from my smartphone. Banks and so much B+M stuff are getting left behind.

If anyone out there is reading this and doesn't know any better. Please ensure that you NEVER give any personal information to any person who calls you. Always call them back using the number you have on record or from their website. Very often the call will be from a withheld or strange number. It could easily be someone trying to steal your personal info. It may seem trivial to most but you wouldn't believe the amount of people who give up their personal info without giving a second though to it.

Comment

Don't think too many people watch Poker Strat Videos anymore, but i watched this one on Twitch last night and thought it was very good.

The 3 founders of BitB Staking and high stakes crushers; €urop€an, pads1161 and Elmerixx reviewing €urop€an's €10k WCOOP chop from last year. They played from the bubble to the FT in this vid.

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Comment

Aintree Tipping. Win moniez.
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Chris Wood's new album has a couple of wonderful songs on it, not least this one 'Only a friendly' and it goes well with this video

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

@5star that annoying cunt with the trumpet in the aviva is actually a 7 piece group of lads presumably employed by the fai

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                      @5star that annoying cunt with the trumpet in the aviva is actually a 7 piece group of lads presumably employed by the fai
                                                                                                      Did you throw a shoe at them?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        Did you throw a shoe at them?
                                                                                                        No point as they were in the middle of "shoes off for the boys in green" and I didn't want to encourage them

Comment

That was​ my mate playing the trumpet (one of two i think). I'd seen a post by him on Facebook that he was playing at the Aviva, but i thought he was just playing the warm up. Didn't realise all the reaction was about him.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                            The thing I don't get is we are well beyond the point where most English fans want their shitty band to fuck off, so that is the very point where the FAI go: "hey maybe we should get a shitty band like the English, seems to work over there"

Comment

That was​ my mate playing the trumpet (one of two i think). I'd seen a post by him on Facebook that he was playing at the Aviva, but i thought he was just playing the warm up. Didn't realise all the reaction was about him.
                                                                                                              Does he know how annoying it is I wonder? Does he care?

Comment

It was whoever was doing the sound that was to blame. Don't think he knew how bad it was until he got messages telling him to sneak out with the trumpet
                                                                                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 28-03-17, 22:28.

Comment

It was whoever was doing the sound that was to blame. Don't think he knew how bad it was until he got messages telling him to sneak out with the trumpet
                                                                                                                  did he ever cross your threshold ?

Comment

Aintree pot starting to swell
                                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Anybody, Ghostface i'm looking at you here, point me in the direction of the planning notices for that new Holiday Park they are building up in Longford?

Priced it there but they are giving me quantities of 1,300 lodges. Seems a bit mental for the arsehole of bogland

Website says 470.
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Dice75; 29-03-17, 08:32.

Comment

Your support for anything to do with trumpet has gone too far.

Comment

Some light hearted biblical humour - If Jesus & Co were a Whastapp group!

The Apostles would’ve been ALL OVER WhatsApp.I’m going to go ahead and call bullshit on some blatant lies that are in the...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X