Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was on a motorbike trying to get a picture of the drunken driver

Comment

This is what winning Bigly means

Fox news
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
        Wanna buy a couple of new cds for the car( yeah I know lol cds). What's the best online cd
        Store for delivery ?

Btw I Recommend War on Drugs -A deeper understanding . Out today.
        Think most of the dedicated cd sellers have gone the way of the dodo. I've only bought from Amazon for the last few years, second hand stuff from marketplace sellers there can often cost little more than the postage.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Stephen Ward must be the worst player ever to play for Ireland? If you were playing a game at home where you drank every time Ward made the right decision you would be STONE COLD SOBER.

Fucking unbelievable
          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Embarrassingly poor in the soccer. Not even the customary big
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I was in Paris at the time cussing the fuckwit who'd created this horror show of a traffic jam.

My mother attended the funeral as she knew her through work. She got calls from vvvvvvvip asking to be her +1

Comment

Anyone looking for tickets for Tuesday?

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                  Stephen Ward must be the worst player ever to play for Ireland? If you were playing a game at home where you drank every time Ward made the right decision you would be STONE COLD SOBER.

Fucking unbelievable
                  He's in the conversation but I think Joe Lapira who got a run out and he wasn't even a professional and that was in 2007

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                    He's in the conversation but I think Joe Lapira who got a run out and he wasn't even a professional and that was in 2007
                    Probably reasonable to ignore the likes of Lapira and limit it to players with 20+ caps including some qualifiers. Paul McShane would be my top choice I think.

Comment

Legitimately wanted tickets (only premium ones seem to be available though) but after tonight I'm a lot less interested.

If you're looking to offload tickets I might be interested though

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                        Probably reasonable to ignore the likes of Lapira and limit it to players with 20+ caps including some qualifiers. Paul McShane would be my top choice I think.
                        Think it has to be players who've played 20+ games otherwise you get all sorts of candidates (Eddie McGoldrick anyone?).

McShane would definitely be pushing Ward for top spot but I think his total absence of cop on puts Ward on top

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          I would probably go with Gary Doherty then, never understood how he played so many years of top flight football

Comment

Not sure what the appropriate sentence should be for getting on a Fireblade while locked, but 8 weeks is probably not harsh.

A 50-year-old biker from Dublin has been jailed for eight weeks for drink-driving and banned from the island for five years.
                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                              The way Middle Eastern people I work with make them is usually just from the premix packs you find in Indian shops, like those on Henry Street if they're still there
                              Pulled them off from scratch. Dried chickpeas a la tara. Very good. Used this recipe
                              Learn how to make crispy, delicious Middle Eastern Falafel the authentic way. Popular traditional falafel recipe with video, amazing results.

Wraps with homemade coleslaw, hummus salad and plenty of sauces
                              airport, lol

Comment

Wales Austria is on channel 134 on sky.
                                Warning : commentary is in welsh

Comment

Birmingham a bit of value at 4/1 to chase down a big total with one down and 18 overs remaining in the T20 final

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                    Birmingham a bit of value at 4/1 to chase down a big total with one down and 18 overs remaining in the T20 final
                                    FFS! that must be a record for bbv'ing oneself

Fucking Pollock acting the fool walking down the wicket

Comment

Croatia v Kosovo called off after 25 mins due to waterlogged pitch.
                                      Cunce, had Kosovo backed. Twas 0-0.
                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Forget about Russia next summer now..ffs

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                          I was in Paris at the time cussing the fuckwit who'd created this horror show of a traffic jam.

My mother attended the funeral as she knew her through work. She got calls from vvvvvvvip asking to be her +1
                                          Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          Anyone looking for tickets for Tuesday?
                                          Who is dying?

Comment

MrsDIII starting to crack up at the thought of Galway winning an AI. Ordered me to take the kids and 'fuck off on outta the house' tomorrow afternoon.
                                            Starting to secretly funk for Waterford.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              MrsDIII starting to crack up at the thought of Galway winning an AI. Ordered me to take the kids and 'fuck off on outta the house' tomorrow afternoon.
                                              Starting to secretly funk for Waterford.
                                              UP THE DEISE!
                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Mullane certainly had a few large bottles on board earlier when on Up for the Match

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                  Mullane certainly had a few large bottles on board earlier when on Up for the Match
                                                  Chips cans and John mullane. Hup Waterford

Comment

Anyone have any London grammar dub tics for sale, would earn me many brownie points? Currently looking at world tour stops in France and Switzerland for the craic

Comment

Video directed by John Morrison. Ive thought about what I should write about Tim but words just dont do it. This guy plays drums, guitar, harp, shaker and si...

Comment

Bitcoin hit 5k yesterday, oh baby. Seems to have been a big sell point.

Comment

Cuppa earl grey.

Comment

Blues Brothers on RTE1, Stripes on RTE2. Mental bit of scheduling.

Comment

Going to sandown races on 15th

Premier or grandstand, any other things to look out for

Gonna dodge westlife/boyzone or whomever is booked for de wimins

Comment

What did the mother buffalo say to her son as he was leaving home?

SPOILER
                                                                Bison

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                                                  Who is dying?
                                                                  It ain't no picnic when you are dying like Nicnic.

(raoul started it)

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                    Bitcoin hit 5k yesterday, oh baby. Seems to have been a big sell point.
                                                                    Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                    Cuppa earl grey.

Back to $4650 now.sick swings ,obv plenty of money to be made for the shrewdies ,tough ride for the life savings lumpers on boards. I def wouldnt have the bank or stomach for it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                      Myself and three others were heading to LA the next morning for the holiday of a lifetime.

Watched a bit of the funeral at about 4am in the maddest house party in Hollywood,
                                                                      That's weird, I was in Hollywood at the time as well. Had just left The Comedy Store on Sunset Blvd, and saw it on TV when I stopped for pizza slice on Vine or Hollywood Blvd.

Is it only this and 9/11 that are "remember where you were" events during our time (Elvis for some of our older folks?). Or does Di even count? As in I'm sure a lot of the world didn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                        Back to $4650 now.sick swings ,obv plenty of money to be made for the shrewdies ,tough ride for the life savings lumpers on boards. I def wouldnt have the bank or stomach for it anyway.
                                                                        Hardly huge swings if you are in since the start of this year. It was around 1k at the time. I think when we started talking about it here later in the year it was around 2k. Most people probably have a nice freeroll at this point.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                          That's weird, I was in Hollywood at the time as well. Had just left The Comedy Store on Sunset Blvd, and saw it on TV when I stopped for pizza slice on Vine or Hollywood Blvd.

Is it only this and 9/11 that are "remember where you were" events during our time (Elvis for some of our older folks?). Or does Di even count? As in I'm sure a lot of the world didn't care.
                                                                          Berlin Wall coming down is probably the one I remember, from childhood. Our German teacher was married to a lady whose family had fled the East.

He wheeled in a TV and we basically just watched the news for a week. He was in floods of tears half the time.

SF\IRA ceasefire in 1994 is also imprinted in my memory for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                            I have the Cryptoping software running on my laptop to watch the currencies.

Interesting to watch how it all changes in a short space of time.

Comment

9/11: was.working in the indo (independent directory) and abiding memory is a girl in graphics dept in floods as her brother worked there. (Was later found to be fine)
                                                                              Also, a dude from.laois who stayed on the phones trying to hit sales target while it was going on.

Most other where were you memories are sports related.
                                                                              All the way back to ray Houghton in 88.
                                                                              ( I was in floods cheering for England as my little brother took my Jackie Charlton green white and orange hat)
                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Harry McLaughlin's goal in the 1983 FAI cup final!

Comment

It would be even weirder if you also bumped into Chesney Hawkes while you were there.
                                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Did marty actually say history with a capital t?

Comment

Earliest sporting memory . Coughlan 4th in 1976 and my Uncles banging the table in Frustration Fk you Walker you black bastard. (He was white) . Not sure if the Walker comment was later but my memory has them together. In the Moscow games the Coe Ovett rivalry was deadly. Loved Ovett hated Coe . If you were in the Coe camp you are not a nice person.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                          Did marty actually say history with a capital t?
                                                                                          No he said thistory clearly a small t.

Comment

On a selfish note. Have tickets for Steely Dan and Walter Becker has just died. RIP. Now what . Fagan alone ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                              On a selfish note. Have tickets for Steely Dan and Walter Becker has just died. RIP. Now what . Fagan alone ?
                                                                                              Its soon isn't it? Will be cancelled IMO

'Rikki Don't Lose That Number' was off Pretzel Logic, and appears to be a favourite of Steely Dan fans. It was released in 1974. It's intro is a nod to 'Song...

Comment

Its soon isn't it? Will be cancelled IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfZWp-hGCdA
                                                                                                The most musically talanted band of all time in my view. Not sure they'll cancel , be poignant if it goes ahead . Im going if given the option
                                                                                                Last edited by Solksjaer!; 03-09-17, 15:46.

Comment

Ref is letting Galway's big men away with way too much

Comment

kev has the ban hammer at the ready.
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Mickey D looking very happy

Comment

Ref is letting Galway's big men away with way too much
                                                                                                        Didn't think so, thought Galway had a few tough calls also but ref did well overall.

Galway deserving winners and looked comfortable for most of the game.

Comment

Marry I look and act like an in bred alien morrissey spouting Tony Keady is smiling no matter where he is wtf. I'm pretty sure he would rather be alive with his four young children.

Comment

Thought Galway got a couple of softish decisions in their favour at a couple of crucial moments, but I think the best team won at the same time. Just about.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                              Berlin Wall coming down is probably the one I remember, from childhood. Our German teacher was married to a lady whose family had fled the East.

He wheeled in a TV and we basically just watched the news for a week. He was in floods of tears half the time.

SF\IRA ceasefire in 1994 is also imprinted in my memory for some reason.
                                                                                                              1994 you were 20 odd crows picking my eyes out as a 3 year old and my granny in Mayo on a rocking chair same age first memories. Gave up Dublin for a day at Trim agricultural show I have no regrets but everything.

Comment

Burgernomics

Comment

Fucking gutted.

Ref did us no favours but the best team won at the end of the day. Apart from the goals we were a long way from our best. It's tough when Austin isn't at his best as in imagine Barcelona with Messi having a mare

Next year will be our year. Apart from the brick none of them over 30 and around for a good few years
                                                                                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Got my hair cut by a Thai transexual earlier today. Only punter in the shop. She didn't know what the statutory Irish hair cut was 3 on the side bit off the top. She said 3 all over?. No 3 around the sides and back and a sissors for the top and blend it in. The blend it comment in had no resonance but I was buckeled up at this stage so turning back wasn't an option. Much like James Wattana she was entirely inscrutable. I was bug eyed on watch throughout in case she gave me a step or something but managed to land it on a narrow runway. Job well done and even left a tip which was taken with equal inscrutability which made me regret leaving a tip.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                                                      Fucking gutted.

Ref did us no favours but the best team won at the end of the day. Apart from the goals we were a long way from our best. It's tough when Austin isn't at his best as in imagine Barcelona with Messi having a mare

Next year will be our year. Apart from the brick none of them over 30 and around for a good few years
                                                                                                                      Ya the ref missed a Waterford man connecting with the balks of a gajway man twice in one passage of play and missed another helmet pull. The advantage rule in hurling is a joke

Comment

...
                                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                          Marty I look and act like an in bred alien morrissey spouting Tony Keady is smiling no matter where he is wtf. I'm pretty sure he would rather be alive with his four young children.
                                                                                                                          Fucking rictus smile

All that over rehearsed spiel at the end is embarrassingly awful. His match commentary is ok except for doing a bit too much in running analysis

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X