Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Are the internet police going to be out in force tonight bringing down streams, or will if be handy enough to get somewhere to watch it?
    There'll be facebook cams live streaming if you wanna take that chance.

My bro in law was telling me earlier that's how he's watched most of the last few McG fights. Basically some dude filming Sky Sports on his phone and streaming to facebook.

You'll probably get an uninterupted stream, but tbh, I'd rather pay for it if it was me. There's no way I'd stay up until/get up at 4am and depend on that shit.

I'm heading down to my mates gaff at 4am after a few hours kip.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
      so Mia gone to bed robbed my alarm clock as she was bold and i took her phone off her , so the alarm is set for 4.30 am to call me and grandad for fight .

ffs im half shot here like , hope the fucker drops in five mins so i can go back to bed

btw found out today box office free for sky employees
      All around to SatNavs tonight so.
      The secret code is two Short dings & a long blast on the doorbell,
      but not before 4:31am as she's a wagon when woken up.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
        I'm a fan of her music but let's not downplay the gig. It's Rugbys biggest music festival in years and many paid for hotels vip tickets specifically to see her . I personally think she was wrong. It's one song to a boxing crowd . I'm parking my Irish prejudice here . It lacked class and integrity . I fail to see the big career move here. Bad form .
        Wait 24hours then search Imelda May on twitter.

She has the opportunity with one song to do what artists all over Europe have considered to be the holy grail. To 'break America'. Bands/Artists have spent their whole carreers waiting for such an opportunity. Opportunities that never come. Gold dust.

Her management would've laid all that out to her, and I'm pretty sure she would've weighed it all up, and feels some guilt.

Ask yourself this though, what would you do?

If you think you'd play that little gig, and be the martyr, well then you're a fool. And so would she be if she did it.
        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

For fuck sake. She's getting paid a heap of money to sing in front of millions at possibly the biggest ppv in history, involving someone from Ireland.

She'd be a retard to not do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
            Wait 24hours then search Imelda May on twitter.

She has the opportunity with one song to do what artists all over Europe have considered to be the holy grail. To 'break America'. Bands/Artists have spent their whole carreers waiting for such an opportunity. Opportunities that never come. Gold dust.

Her management would've laid all that out to her, and I'm pretty sure she would've weighed it all up, and feels some guilt.

Ask yourself this though, what would you do?

If you think you'd play that little gig, and be the martyr, well then you're a fool. And so would she be if she did it.
            Id fulfill my obligations . Id be a fool with integrity. And lol at this being viewed as breaking America opportunity. The audience of baying Irishmen will sing along most other people will just want it over so they can see the fight. This isn't a gig in giants stadium. Most networks will cut to a break or studio chat. A true artist would not have joined the circus at the expense of their fans. If you don't get that cool.

Comment

She's also been on American TV already.

Off to bed . Hope Conor is not dead when I wake up.

Comment

She's also been on American TV already.

Off to bed . Hope Conor is not dead when I wake up.
                Hasnt been on show to the whole world at the same time.

Hope you survive the night too m8.

Comment

Hope it's Ireland's red panty night , looking forward to the analysis later.

Comment

Ive drank too much Heineken and Whiskey.

Fuck the Mayweathers. Conor can't lose. 3rd round KO.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                      Smoothstreams is 8 quid for a month's sub if you are worried about it. Crystal clear HD stream without any need to worry about it not working tonight.

Opr
                      Only link I could find was to their forum, when registering they require an invite key, is this the only way to access their site and does anyone have access to such a thing?

Comment

Has anyone ever gone and bought an album or gone to a gig of an artist on the strength of how well they sang an anthem at a sporting event?

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                          Has anyone ever gone and bought an album or gone to a gig of an artist on the strength of how well they sang an anthem at a sporting event?
                          Have you ever been somebody in a field where you get fuck all exposure but are told you're ridiculously talented then get an opportunity to be seen by the world?

Comment

I'm a fan of her music but let's not downplay the gig. It's Rugbys biggest music festival in years and many paid for hotels vip tickets specifically to see her . I personally think she was wrong. It's one song to a boxing crowd . I'm parking my Irish prejudice here . It lacked class and integrity . I fail to see the big career move here. Bad form .
                            Is "Rugbys biggest festival" supposed to count for something?
                            If you think it's just "one song to a boxing crowd" then it explains your position.
                            This will do huge numbers. There will be a silly amount of eyeballs in this event, not just a boxing crowd. We can argue the bad form angle till the cows come home, that's subjective. But in terms of career move the global exposure wins easily

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                              Have you ever been somebody in a field where you get fuck all exposure but are told you're ridiculously talented then get an opportunity to be seen by the world?
                              Not saying she's wrong to do it, just don't know how valuable the exposure is. Amazing experience for her nonetheless.

Comment

barry mcguigan dad singing danny boy

Comment

1/4 mill people on the boxing subreddit.
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Thinking of you - The Colourfield, British new wave alternative rock band in the 80's. Terry Hall is the band's vocalist. This song was released in 1985 with...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                        1/4 mill people on the boxing subreddit.
                                        R/MMA is a bigger sub.

Comment

Comment

I'll be sleeping through it, but I hope I wake up to news that McGregor caught him and ruined his legacy. Note well the difference between a cartoon bad guy and an actual scumbag. I had to endure violence in the home as a kid akin to Mayweather's transgressions. Fuck him.

Of course, there are no losers here given the purses involved but I'd still like that cunt's legacy to be smeared. Overwhelming likelihood is he handles McGregor with ease but we live in hope.
                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Boxing is so shit. So boring. Fuck boxing.

Comment

This is unreal. Touch touch touch. Point point point. Score score score.

Boxing is shit.

Comment

Boxing is so shit. So boring. Fuck boxing.
                                                  Yet you are up watching it
                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Boxing under cards are digshits
                                                    The corona girls are bizarre

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                      Boxing under cards are digshits
                                                      The corona girls are bizarre
                                                      Bizarre?! How so?
                                                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                        Bizarre?! How so?
                                                        Same ones all week,just funny watching them scramble around to stay in shot at all times with the ol rictus smiles plastered on.

Comment

That fight was ridiculous - seems like terrible refereeing

Comment

Can someone post a link I can watch on my phone so I don't have to get out of bed. Ty

Comment

Lol fight pass and some other legal streams have been crashing all night,possibly gonna delay main event

Comment

Mia just woke me zzz

Ah jaysys the tiredness
                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

All the atmosphere of a corporate conference here

Comment

That US anthem was horrific!

Comment

Is this some kind of RA reference from floyd

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                        Yet you are up watching it
                                                                        You believe in a God and get insulted when cleverer people tell you that's silly.

I'm drunk.

You're a gobshite.

I'll wake up sober, you'll wake up still an oblivious fool.

Comment

Is this some kind of RA reference from floyd
                                                                          Cuz the ra needs more pr in the states.

Comment

Yeah this is gonna be embarrassing for the irish...pretty obvious he is shit...

Comment

Also an Irish company sponsored the wife beater ...die paddypower you misogynistic cunts.

Well one thing is for sure ....two men i don't like tonight are going to get punched. One is an annoying racist kid the other is going to punch the annoying kid as if it were his wife.

Comment

This is over

Comment

If you backed the point deduction you'd be fuming at the ref here
                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

This is over
                                                                                    I knew Mc Gregor would be bad ..but he just tried to slap the guy on the head...

Comment

Don't think he's lost much in that tbh,had a dig,won 2 rounds ,didn't get knocked out,lasted longer than most expected.plus 100 mill in the back pocket.

Comment

Yeah good fight

Comment

That ref needs to follow mayweather around so he can step in like that when he beats his Mrs up.

Comment

Don't think he's lost much in that tbh,had a dig,won 2 rounds ,didn't get knocked out,lasted longer than most expected.plus 100 mill in the back pocket.
                                                                                            No that is what the wife beater gets. Mc Gregor get i think around 40 mill.

Comment

So all the race baiting and crap talking amounts to this....yeah ...wankers.

Comment

James blunt songs whilst I Google knots.

Goodbye m8s.

Comment

Right back to bed, I was all for Mayweather mia disgusted
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Good effort. Way better than I thought he'd do. $100m and he seemed to enjoy himself.

Comment

Sees 2 pages of new posts...

.....
                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                        I have mayweather backed at 1.3 for the life roll and am likely gonna pussy out.
                                                                                                        Might go a bit mad and back mayweather to win unanimous decision and lay to win by decision, 5% profit but surely he'd never win in a split?
                                                                                                        I did not pussy out. Woohoo, €5 made!

Shame I lost a fuck load on laying city and utd today

Edit got super lucky with a stream too, not a single stop
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

W.Brom arsenal double tomorrow. 10 pays 85.

Today even.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Congrats to all lumpers. If you post about it you better post your bet or else I'll put you in the mountains one day.

Comment

That was a scam.

Mayweather creating the illusion of a slight contest in order to justify the fight in the first place and maybe even get a rematch down the line.

Comment

Easy work

Comment

Originally posted by Merle View Post
                                                                                                                  That was a scam.

Mayweather creating the illusion of a slight contest in order to justify the fight in the first place and maybe even get a rematch down the line.
                                                                                                                  You make solks seem sane.

Comment

Decent performance, ya got to appreciate that shit.

Aldo is some cunt.

McGregor lasts 10 rounds in a boxing with one of the greatest to ever do it.

The Aldo cunt tweets laughing faces, 13 seconds m8.

Comment

SPOILER

Dodgy fucking scorecards imo
                                                                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Congrats to all lumpers. If you post about it you better post your bet or else I'll put you in the mountains one day.
                                                                                                                        Which mountains m8?

I almost pussied out tbh after being down a few k from earlier, but the only reason I didn't was because I asked myself would I back Greg at 5/1, 6/1, 7/1.... It took a long while before I got to yes.

Any thoughts on the mexican comment?
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                          Which mountains m8?

I almost pussied out tbh after being down a few k from earlier, but the only reason I didn't was because I asked myself would I back Greg at 5/1, 6/1, 7/1.... It took a long while before I got to yes.

Any thoughts on the mexican comment?
                                                                                                                          Stop pretending you gamble thousands weekly whilst working in a hostel.

You fucking Mexican.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X