Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abortion debate is just the motivation I need to get rid of my TV,radio ,stop buying newspapers or reading any Irish websites for a few months.productivity and serenity going to go through the roof

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
      I'm neither agreeing or disagreeing with you, just trying to follow your logic. Saying the issue is wholly the domain of the woman carrying the embryo or fetus suggests the right to abort at any time.

If there is to be limit then who should decide, just the woman in question right?
      I think this is an entirely erroneous argument. Take the example of Air Flight. Under normal circumstances most would agree that Air Flight is not something that should be forced upon someone. In general no-one should be on a plane who hasn't chosen to be there. That doesn't mean that someone has a right to change their mind, tear off the door and jump out midway over the Atlantic - mainly because of the danger that would cause to the other passengers. Just like there is no magic of creation, where a human life suddenly exists upon copulation, there is no magic of child birth either. It could be pretty reasonable for society to decide that there are some time limits on when abortions can occur.

However, that all said, very few abortions occur in the third trimester, and they are generally not chosen as a form of birth control. Third trimester abortions are generally extremely expensive and medically dangerous, usually they are chosen because there is significant risk to either the mother or the baby has a birth defect. They are also used as bogeyman by prolife/antichoice activists.

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
          It could be pretty reasonable for society to decide that there are some time limits on when abortions can occur.
          So we have the morning after pill that may be effective for up to 5 days. Would accept it if society deemed this to be the outer limit?

BTW the reproduction chapter on the junior cert science book states that human life begins at fertilization. I guess if it is in a science book it must be a fact
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Thanks very much to Lao Lao for the reservation. Really appreciate it!

Raoul let me down though! I thought he guy running the VKs name was Andy, double checked the restaurant thread and Raoul referred to him as Sean. Sean's the owner. Great meal as always.

I see they're introducing 3euro corkage next year. Doubt we'd get a group in before then though.
            Think it's time the HHE-lite spreads its wings anyway.

Fancy organising this January's outing?
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Probably the best thing I've ever seen.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                So we have the morning after pill that may be effective for up to 5 days. Would accept it if society deemed this to be the outer limi
                No, would you?

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

All aboard the Galway bus today. -2 for me

Comment

Community Shield gone to Penalties for anyone that wasn't watching it

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                          Community Shield gone to Penalties for anyone that wasn't watching it
                          Sure that's the treble now before the season starts. Alexis who?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                            Think a logical limit is first trimester plus a few weeks. First trimester as its clearly not up to much for that, and a few weeks after in case the end of first trimester scan shows something problematic.
                            That seems bit arbitrary. At the risk of sounding like a broken a record, I think the person dealing with the situation is based placed to figure out if its appropriate or not. A lot of 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions deal with very tricky one off situations like birth defects and health risks.

Comment

Hurling delivers.

Super game

Comment

Cracking game. Balls of steel on Canning

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  Probably the best thing I've ever seen.
                                  You may like this.

Heard this on the way home this morning. Dont think i ever wanted a song to not finish as much.

This concert was recorded at the London Hippodrome on October 25th 2007.At the end of the night Gary was joined by Mitch Mitchell and Billy Cox of the Jimi H...
                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

There is nothing like watching high tempo hurling as a neutral. Can't hack it when Clare are playing (not that any of our games this year were particularly high tempo).

Comment

You can download the my sky app to get access to sky VIP. I got a free movie in the sky store and free tickets to the all ireland hurling semi final.

Get any goodies from sky lazare?
                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Was hoping to do a BBQ this evening in sympathy with the cold windy pissy wet day thats in it I cooked stew instead
                                        FFS!

Comment

Bit of handwringing on the Beeb now for their part in creating the Bolt=Hero Gatlin=Satan narrative

Comment

Comment

Starting to feel left out of all the easy money crypocurrency talk,thinking of splashing ,time for anyone holding to sell obv

Comment

Was hoping to do a BBQ this evening in sympathy with the cold windy pissy wet day thats in it I cooked stew instead
                                                FFS!
                                                Need to man up m8

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                  Starting to feel left out of all the easy money crypocurrency talk,thinking of splashing ,time for anyone holding to sell obv
                                                  New all time high today of 3.3k per coin. The moon baby.

Opr

Comment

The fastest 100m times ever. Names crossed over were [s]caught[/]using doping.

Comment

I have spent 3 of the last 4 weeks sleeping in a tent. And will be again towards the end of the month. Been on retreat, have I missed anything the last couple of weeks?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                        I have spent 3 of the last 4 weeks sleeping in a tent. And will be again towards the end of the month. Been on retreat, have I missed anything the last couple of weeks?
                                                        Abortion is a divisive issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                          New all time high today of 3.3k per coin. The moon baby.

Opr

A large Japanese department store chain, Marui, has partnered with bitcoin exchange Bitflyer to accept bitcoin payments starting on August 7. Marui has become the first major department store chain in Japan to accept bitcoin.
                                                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 06-08-17, 21:23.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                            Spurs still haven't bought anyone!

Comment

I assume you can pay with a partial bitcoin? Ido.

Comment

Was talking about this exact situation with a couple of guys yesterday.

Ref gives no penalty for the foul.
                                                                Feyenoord go up the other end and score a goal to make it 2-0.
                                                                Ref gets a call from the 4th official and over 2.5 mins later, he is told it was a pen and disallows the Feyenoord goal.
                                                                Vitesse equalise and the game goes to pens.

Things could get really really messy.

Comment

Random fact....

Going by his wiki he seems to have been quite the horndog.

Comment

Ref gets a call from the 4th official and over 2.5 mins later, he is told it was a pen and disallows the Feyenoord goal.

Nothing in the least bit messy about it IMO.
                                                                    Play was allowed to flow until a natural break to allow TMO have a look turns out it was a penalty and they go back and reset to the point where the penalty was to have been taken.
                                                                    Whether it ends in penalties or 5 - 0 is completely irrelevant.
                                                                    Are they not stopping the clock during TMO time? seems absurd to continue using added time. Is this coming to all soccer or is it an experiment?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                      I assume you can pay with a partial bitcoin? Ido.
                                                                      Yeah there are only gonna be like 21 million of them so you divide them up, to pay a euro to somebody you send them 0.00036 bitcoin.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter
                                                                        The fastest 100m times ever. Names crossed over were caught using doping.
                                                                        'Icarus' is well worth a watch.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                          Abortion is a divisive issue.
                                                                          This is what a pregnant 13 yr old looks like .

These girls are young enough to cry out for mom. They are young enough to cry themselves to sleep. Too young to understand what their body is going through.
                                                                          In this country if she was unable to afford to travel or in care she will be sectioned confined in a mental institution and forced to endure a pregnancy her body is not able for until one of two things happen. She will miscarry or give birth.

You will over the on coming months as men (and I assume you are all with a few exceptions on this forum, men) become more aware of the reality of what abortion and not having access to it means.

Bear in mind IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY this happens https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soci...tion-1.3116111
                                                                          I don't think children should be put through this regardless of their gender. We are meant to take care of them.

Think about that.They are Children young enough to cry out for mommy and asking them to bear it ...is wrong.

I hope people will unite to stand up for them.

We need to educate ourselves and get out into the real world.

I am sorry if this seems extreme or angry. I don't mean it to be.

And it's not a judgement on anyone choosing to carry a child full term. And of course we need to support single parents and all parents financially so it is a free choice.

But forcing women to bear it is wrong.

Comment

Play was allowed to flow until a natural break to allow TMO have a look turns out it was a penalty and they go back and reset to the point where the penalty was to have been taken.
                                                                            Bit of an oversimplistic analysis - what if it takes 10 minutes of play before the 'natural break', (Barca can play possession for that long), what happens to any yellow or red card offences during this fake playtime if the game gets reset to the previous incident. All things which are yet to be addressed.
                                                                            And going from potential 1-1 to 0-2 may be the correct sporting decision but is liable to cause a riot (and I accept thats a 'chavball' problem). Could actually see the UK police refusing to license games played under such a rule. Remember it was mainly policing/stewarding issues which got rid of the golden goal.

Are they not stopping the clock during TMO time? seems absurd to continue using added time.
                                                                            Soccer doesn't really do stopped clock, agree it would be better but minor point really.
                                                                            Is this coming to all soccer or is it an experiment?
                                                                            Still in a trial phase, trying to work out the best way to do it.

Comment

Thanks armani

even if you don't know why

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                Yeah, medical is different obv, just meant for regular 'choice' abortion. It does become undeniable that there is a kid inside you at some point around the middle of the second trimester, and abortion in that case just seems wrong. E.g. the 20 week limit in UK seems like way too much given a kid can be viably born, albeit its difficult, just a few weeks later.
                                                                                I started giving up trying to make myself look good to my own conscience after talking to abortionists, priests who worked in latin American who were pro-choice, friends who had abortions, family members who did and didn't. I think that is part of the problem. It's beyond trying to make an ethical decision. There is no clear right or wrong.

The reality is the female body and medicine is so varied in individual cases I don't judge.

I mean that coming to my position was after seeing mind blowing and often unusual cases.

I understand that late term abortions will always be controversial and highly sensitive. But we as lay people not in that position should not be so quick to judge.

They are in fact mostly to end a wanted pregnancy. And if you don't consider a woman's choice n this in the law you leave potential for a woman to be forced to have one for medical reasons at the bequest of medical advice.

And yes as a pro choicer I accept there are women who regret abortion. Very few though.

There is no moral high ground ...not here....only compassion... I don't think abortion is wrong though. And I do think not allowing it is very wrong especially when you really look into it in depth. Then not allowing it is inhuman.

The legal limit in the UK is 24 weeks not 20 though.
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 07-08-17, 02:56.

Comment

Are they not stopping the clock during TMO time? seems absurd to continue using added time. Is this coming to all soccer or is it an experiment?
                                                                                  Think the messy element probably comes in other situations.

e.g. If instead of scoring a player had launched a malicious tackle and received a red card and badly injured someone then in practice the red card would be revoked and the player would still be on the pitch (very specific I know)

In general I think VAR is a great idea and look forward to it being implemented across the game.
                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                      You may like this.

Heard this on the way home this morning. Dont think i ever wanted a song to not finish as much.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCdrhqmwI5s
                                                                                      Ooh yeah
                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Is the dress code for the Horse Show similar to your standard day of racing at Punchestown, Galway etc??

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                          Is the dress code for the Horse Show similar to your standard day of racing at Punchestown, Galway etc??
                                                                                          A lot of people are there to do different things. So yes and no. You will see lots of ladies and gents very dressed up and some more casual ..they do have comps for best dressed. But some people have gone to compete at all levels even juniors etc and they will have volunteers to help etc ..so some will be prepared to chip in.

Unless you can competing in which case you have a dress code. If you are volunteering or working they will tell you what to wear.

Otherwise You can go totally casual or dress up, people do both. Some even wear costumes.

So you could probably wear what you feel comfortable in if you are just buying a ticket

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                            I eat babies !

Comment

@GAB - Breon Corcoran quit?

Off to enjoy the lootz? Fair play if so.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                @GAB - Breon Corcoran quit?

Off to enjoy the lootz? Fair play if so.
                                                                                                No surprise there. He pulled off quite the coup from PP to Betfair and then the merger.
                                                                                                I'm curious if the new CEO comes from within the company, I have a guy in mind if it happens, former head of the trading floor in BF with a background in zoology

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                  with a background in zoology
                                                                                                  Cadburys 2007 advert featuring Gorilla / Ape. Watch as the Gorilla feels the air. See the expressions as the Gorilla prepares for the moment and watch as i...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                    really strange, it was obviously planned as the new CEO has been announced already. The feedback from internal staff surveys was that Breon had tore the heart out of the company and its culture. The man is a genius no doubt but I think he is likely better at delivering on a big target than bringing staff onside and building culture. It is also fairly well recognised that he has little time for the skill of marketing which is a bit of a problem if you are head of the current day PPB.

He has made loads of money, and deservedly so. He is a huge talent and he doesn't strike me as one to laze by the beach. He will do something and my early guess is Airtricity.

New CEO is Peter Jackson of Worldpay. He has been on the PPB board since 2013. This is disappointing as I was priced up at 50/1 to get the job yet it seems I didn't even make interview stage
                                                                                                    I wasnt surprised based on what you said given the culture in there and alot of staff waiting to receive bonuses and then they left.
                                                                                                    I'm sure you're aware he's a big fan of outsourcing etc. Obviously the share price has taken a hit since the merger and a few long time staff in the BF share scheme I know bolted asap so wasn't a surprise from my side.

Comment

Gab. What's the craic with that black pudding? Did it take off and where can I get some? Had some homemade black pudding in Clare this weekend and it was bloody gorgeous (pun intended)

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                        It's not really a product for a summer launch. Will be back on the boil soon enough.
                                                                                                        Will take any samples going when they're around again

Comment

Mayweather @ 1/5 a huge value bet?

Comment

Originally posted by Merle View Post
                                                                                                            I am not betting but I am interested to know what people think about what the odds are. McGregor will not win obv but how long will he last?

Comment

Originally posted by Merle View Post
                                                                                                              Massive value tbh

Comment

Is Keegan injured or what? In the pub and couldn't hear them say why he's not starting

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                                                  Is Keegan injured or what? In the pub and couldn't hear them say why he's not starting
                                                                                                                  This makes you wonder how they ever got a draw

Comment

Jesus. Complete meltdown from roscommon

Comment

Serious Jekyll and Hyde stuff from Mayo all year. Hopefully Kerry are undercooked for the semi so we get another chance to lol at their tears in the final.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                                        I am not betting but I am interested to know what people think about what the odds are. McGregor will not win obv but how long will he last?
                                                                                                                        consult the script

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                          Serious Jekyll and Hyde stuff from Mayo all year. Hopefully Kerry are undercooked for the semi so we get another chance to lol at their tears in the final.
                                                                                                                          Now that they are back to their best they should probably change their keeper or something for the semi final. Or sack their manager

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X