Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
    Quick one for the BBV

My passport expires in Dec this year.

In Sept, i've to fly to London and Greece - Anybody know of any issues with flying to either with less than 6 months left on passport.

I'm pretty sure UK is fine and I can't see any requirement for Greece on the DFA website but just want to double check with the all knowing BBV?
    Up to the day before the date of expiry is fine within the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      Tell me more, how so, who is the best?
      Gm

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Tesla

Surprisingly, Tesla logged just 550 miles on public roads in its home state last year, mainly in October, and during which its system disengaged 182 times, according to its filing. By comparison, Waymo, formerly the Google Self-Driving Car project, logged 635,868 autonomous miles in California in 2016. It reported just 124 disengagements for the entire year.

Adjusting those figures on a per-thousand mile rate, Tesla disengagements work out to 330.9 times for every 1,000 miles, compared with 0.2 times for Waymo. Tesla didn't comment on the DMV data.

To be sure, the report reflects a small portion of automated drive data Tesla collects, as it doesn’t represent Autopilot miles it continually logs from customers’ vehicles. Tesla estimates that it has more than 300 million miles of real-world Autopilot driving data. Waymo, which doesn’t yet sell its system to consumers, racked up all of its miles solely from a dedicated test fleet operated by company technicians. Much of its testing is done near its Mountain View, Calif. headquarters.

General Motors, Nissan and Delphi logged the most California miles after Waymo, reporting 9,776, 4,099 and 3,125 autonomous miles, respectively. GM, testing with its Cruise unit, averaged 18.5 disengagements/1,000 miles over a 12-month period; Nissan's rate was 6.8/1,000 and Delphi averaged 57/1,000.
      They only recently managed to figure out automatic emergency breaking
      The Tesla Model S is again Consumer Reports' top-rated ultra-luxury sedan after the automaker updated its software to include automatic emergency braking at highway speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Was eating in a fantastic new hot dog place for lunch and the thought occurred: what if you were to ask people 'what percentage of pig anus would you say makes up a hotdog?' while they are eating a hotdog and then measure how much their chewing slows down while they ponder the question. You could throw in helpful hints like 'when was the last time you saw pig ass on sale in the butchers? so where do all those asses go?'

Anyway, this is just a precautionary tale NOT TO DO THAT. Quite quickly my mouth sensors started focusing on particularly gristly bits of the hotdog I was chewing and wondering if it was anus. Also if anyone wants a quarter-eaten hotdog for free I can direct you to a bin in Rennes.
        If you really want to stimulate this line of scientific inquiry, have some andouillette. Pretty sure the % is considerably north of 90%.

Thanks for sorting out the weather btw, ease off on the nightly thunderstorms though.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Did someone have a post here lately about what the best android box to get for Kodi is?

The one I have currently seems to get slammed for memory the minute I fire Kodi up so I have to reboot it a lot, also the wifi antenna on it is shite and it doesn't have a lan port.

Ideally would want one where the memory is going to be suitable, and one that has a lan port...

Anything better than the Xiaomi Mi Box?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
            The big pre-season football pullout is in todays Post, worth the purchase or failing that a filch from the bookies.
            Fwiw City at 15/8 and Gabbiadina at 40/1 are the headline picks.
            What is Gabbindina
            Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
            Quick one for the BBV

My passport expires in Dec this year.

In Sept, i've to fly to London and Greece - Anybody know of any issues with flying to either with less than 6 months left on passport.

I'm pretty sure UK is fine and I can't see any requirement for Greece on the DFA website but just want to double check with the all knowing BBV?
            Similar question for me, Based in Australia on irish passport which expires in Sept 2018, planning on travelling in Oct 2018 (maybe to ireland). What should my plan for renewal? Irish embassy in Aus around June 2018?
            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
              Thanks for sorting out the weather btw, ease off on the nightly thunderstorms though.
              Heading down to La Rochelle tomorrow morning (6:40 am ugh) to pick up the plane. Hoping for good weather in one place is one thing, but over 1000 km span it really feels like clutching at straws.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                What is Gabbindina

A striker with Southampton. Useless enough imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                  A striker with Southampton. Useless enough imo.
                  His history is uninspiring. City looks like a good bet though, wouldnt like the money tied up so long for that return...

Kane I imagine is short odds favorite? Would have my money on Jesus as the team is fully built around him, know he is young but pep likes him and he is going to be the main striker, I would be hopeful of more than 20 goals from him.
                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                    His history is uninspiring. City looks like a good bet though, wouldnt like the money tied up so long for that return...

Kane I imagine is short odds favorite? Would have my money on Jesus as the team is fully built around him, know he is young but pep likes him and he is going to be the main striker, I would be hopeful of more than 20 goals from him.
                    Arsenal with no champions league to need to rest first choice players and a real striker for the first time in ages. If he clicks and settles into the premier league I would expect Lacazette to do some serious damage with the midfield he will have supplying ball.

Comment

Bitcoin split and now there is "bitcoin cash" aswell, apparently anyboyd that had bitcoin before this happened has the same amount in bitcoin cash. (It's worth less than bitcoin)

Free money though I guess.

Comment

Meanwhile the dollar continues its slow, sullen slide into obscurity.

Comment

I see what sp meant about Myers now.

"Takes up pen, stabs self in eye"
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                            Arsenal with no champions league to need to rest first choice players and a real striker for the first time in ages. If he clicks and settles into the premier league I would expect Lacazette to do some serious damage with the midfield he will have supplying ball.
                            We'll be challenging for Europa League greatness

Comment

Some firms have United shorter than Chelsea to win the league. That's frankly outrageous. Conte the best tactical mind in the league, they win again.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                Did someone have a post here lately about what the best android box to get for Kodi is?

The one I have currently seems to get slammed for memory the minute I fire Kodi up so I have to reboot it a lot, also the wifi antenna on it is shite and it doesn't have a lan port.

Ideally would want one where the memory is going to be suitable, and one that has a lan port...

I have the Mi Box. Very happy with it so far. Just be aware it doesn't have a lan port but I purchased and adapter for 10 quid.

From the research I did it seemed to be the next best option to SHIELD. I am though a huge Xiaomi fan. They make whooping good products for the money you pay so you know you are getting value. It was with me inside a week from GearBest.

I think Emmet posted a few alternative recently if you want to also look at them.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                  Bitcoin split and now there is "bitcoin cash" aswell, apparently anyboyd that had bitcoin before this happened has the same amount in bitcoin cash. (It's worth less than bitcoin)

Free money though I guess.
                                  BCC is on a huge upswing at the moment. I think most people expected it to die but it has gone from like 200 to 700. So lots of free cash for those that kept the coin on exchanges. I think though adding the confusion to the whole thing is bad for the longevity of the currency. It is already complicated enough for people without adding in now that there are two difference strands of coin.

Opr

Comment

HR Peep comes down and says they are looking for Jeffrey Yan.

I knew a Jeffrey from this part of the office but didn't know his surname. I point them to the Asian guy sitting on the other side of the office.

Its not him, his name is Jeffrey Colsa.

HR person says I was racist to assume his surname was asian.
                                    Tell her to fuck off and find people herself next time then.

Lol. Canadians man. So fucking dumb.
                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                      BCC is on a huge upswing at the moment. I think most people expected it to die but it has gone from like 200 to 700. So lots of free cash for those that kept the coin on exchanges. I think though adding the confusion to the whole thing is bad for the longevity of the currency. It is already complicated enough for people without adding in now that there are two difference strands of coin.

Opr
                                      I still have a bit. First I heard of two coins. All very confusing.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                        I still have a bit. First I heard of two coins. All very confusing.
                                        From my limited understanding . . . . .

The bitcoin network needed to upgrade for a load of different reasons around speed, security but mainly scaling of the currency. There have been a number of competing proposals on how this should go down. For one to win out it needed a certain majority of miners which didn't happen so a split has occurred.

The core development team decided to integrate something called SegWit. Bitcoin Cash didn't like this idea so they have gone another way.

So anyone that had access to their Bitcoin this morning now has an equal amount of Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash. There are wallets for both, miners for both etc. It was expected that BCC would crash and burn but that hasn't happened. It's yet to be seen which blockchain the miners choose but it seems both have value now.

The problem I see is that Bitcoin relies on people believing in it and this is going to cause problems as it becomes worthless if no one has faith in it as a currency. It is becoming increasing hard to explain to people who know nothing about it that it is legit when stuff like this happens as it is hard enough to explain to yourself what the hell is going on.

Opr

Comment

Is there any figures around for what % of bitcoin transactions are used for actual economic activity? Is it still mainly just drug dealers and speculators?

Comment

Tried and failed to use in Baggot inn a few years ago, but there was a Guinness promo and I was only one drinking it so ended up with 5 pints over and above the rest of the crew so wasn't at my most eloquent I suspect.
                                            Last edited by mocata; 02-08-17, 18:01.
                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

I would have thought splitting it really dilutes its credibility no? More currencies out there, and less chance of people using them or more to the point accepting them?

Comment

There are already hundreds of coins, we are still just waiting from some to be the major ones. Could easily be the bitcoins. Expecting BCC to drop as most people can't sell theirs atm so there is false demand.

Verified that I do get the free BCC which is nice. I imagine some people knew this would happen. I'm happy to just leave money in both even if one comes to naught.
                                                Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-08-17, 18:29.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post

Bought a few of these

A while back for parents etc when they were a little cheaper.
                                                      Couldn't fault them
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Oh...word to the wise though.
                                                        Majority of these ship with tvaddons repos.
                                                        That domain is currently in the hands of a Canadian law firm so fresh install is recommended
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                            I see what sp meant about Myers now.

"Takes up pen, stabs self in eye"
                                                            Turns out Vanessa Feltz isn't that butch poker playing lesbian. Though both are just as Jewey
                                                            Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Anyway, the world needs waaaaaaaay more stories like this.

SPOILER
                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                    When Sligo Rovers played Molde in the champions league qualifiers a few years ago, they were drawn against Warsaw in the next round

The night they beat us, the manager of the club bar was in a proper panic with regard to them coming to his pub

I told him he should close for the day

He laughed and said he could afford too due to the amount we had spent in the 2-3 days we were there

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                      When Sligo Rovers played Molde in the champions league qualifiers a few years ago, they were drawn against Warsaw in the next round

The night they beat us, the manager of the club bar was in a proper panic with regard to them coming to his pub

I told him he should close for the day

He laughed and said he could afford too due to the amount we had spent in the 2-3 days we were there
                                                                      Theres still stickers of the Legia crest in the jacks beside mcdonalds in the airport from these playing Dundalk a year ago. Thats a couple months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                        Theres still stickers of the Legia crest in the jacks beside mcdonalds in the airport from these playing Dundalk a year ago. Thats a couple months ago.
                                                                        Who created Frozen Yoghurt? I want to punch them.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                          Who created Frozen Yoghurt? I want to punch them.
                                                                          I did.
                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

SKY has launched a loyalty scheme today offering long-serving customers free broadband upgrades, Sky Q and early access to TV shows. The new rewards initiative – Sky VIP – will also off…
                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                              TV as we know it is dying, does #5 watch mainstream tv on a tv set ?
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                Whats to do in Glasgow on a short stay ? Any good places to eat?
                                                                                Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                Go to Sub Club
                                                                                Should have PM'd me. Hope you enjoyed the Sub Club, many a drugged night in there in my 20's! Was the most happening nite club 20 years ago and is STILL going good!

Hope you got decent food and things to do anyway Strewly

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                  Does that apply here?
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                    Does that apply here?
                                                                                    Yeah, did a roadshow thing in cork last Friday and we were briefed on it. I didn't really take it in tbh as was a bit hungover lol
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                      Should have PM'd me. Hope you enjoyed the Sub Club, many a drugged night in there in my 20's! Was the most happening nite club 20 years ago and is STILL going good!

Still one of the best for sure
                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post

Still here, went for a long run around the Westside / University area this morning beautiful city, way too many hills. Going to eat in Mussel tonight.

Daughter and her boyfriend are planning to be here for the next couple of years while she does a post grad course looks like a great deal for them compared to the cost of living in dublin. Fine big two bed apt in a lovely street between uni and City for 750 gbp.
                                                                                          What im looking for now is a good second hand bike shop in this corner of the city.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Dunkirk was fantastic. Loud enough when it needed to be, scary loud, cant imagine coming back from an experience like that and being the full shilling !

Making me want to rewatch Band Of Brothers.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Aaaand it's here. Now to learn how to land the bloody thing.

Comment

Cooooooooool - congrats Zuut!

Comment

The value of accomodation in Glasgow is great. My rate rents a lovely 2 bed to himself for little more than I pay for my room in Dublin. And appears to be a lovely city when you know your way around.
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

...

Comment

Financial Fair Play rules I assume.

Comment

I might be misunderstanding it. Why would the Spanish league be trying to stop Barcelona receiving a lunatic amount of money from PSG? Can understand the French league trying to stop one of their clubs spunking a quarter billy, but doesn't make sense the other way around?
                                                                                                          They don't like one of their big clubs losing a player they don't want to lose.

Comment

FAO Strewelpeter https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...show?CMP=fb_gu
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Some post zuutroy.

I was about to boast about buying a house.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                                Some post zuutroy.

I was about to boast about buying a house.
                                                                                                                Sure Andy did that the other day. You could at least try and be original..pfft

Comment

Buying houses, buying planes, England fucked, start boiling some soup, we'll get them playing GAA and listening to trad soon enough!

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                    Aah you had my interest until it mentioned Steven Fry

Comment

Anti trump derangement syndrome is causing lasting damage

Leaking the transcript of a presidential call to a foreign leader is unprecedented, shocking, and dangerous. It is vitally important that a president be able to speak confidentially—and perhaps even more important that foreign leaders understand that they can reply in confidence.

Thursday’s leak to The Washington Post of President Trump’s calls with the president of Mexico and the prime minister of Australia will reverberate around the world. No leader will again speak candidly on the phone to Washington, D.C.—at least for the duration of this presidency, and perhaps for longer. If these calls can be leaked, any call can be leaked—and no leader dare say anything to the president of the United States that he or she would not wish to read in the news at home.

Comment

It's looking increasingly likely that Trump will be in charge when they run out of road to kick the 2008 financial crisis down. Gonna be fun

Comment

Its very strange that someone would leak the full transcript. It seem insane that there'd be no audit trail on who'd have accessed the transcripts and that it would be a pretty limited number of people that would have access.

Particularly when the ratty nature of the Australian call was widely reported at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X