Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stole the above comic brilliance from someone else.

Comment

This is class.

I have been working on this board for over 3 years. Super pumped to finally share it with all y'all. Here is a link to some of the software we wrote: http...

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
        You lads, while being not much good at rugby, have your uses. My dinner came out of a can.

SPOILER

we're getting better at rugby, you guys on the other hand will never master the culinary can.

Comment

Shrapnel you're an ace can cook

Jesus that is something actually...cans can be surprising!

SPOILER
          Last edited by Guest; 23-03-17, 20:40.

Comment

@Opr

That engineer is ....some kind of mythical hero.

Comment

Sounds like I need to adopt your parents
              My parents are the bestest!

Comment

I have to say all you parents on this thread. You're pretty awesome.

Ladies have a lovely mothers day this sunday

Comment

I see the Bus Eireann drivers are striking from midnight. What are the issues? How would their pay compare to drivers in the private sector?

Comment

I'm with Carl

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

@5star, millionth post reminder m8

Comment

Ireland 1/3 to get the RWC 2023

Are we looking good or is the 9/2 Saffa a good price?

Comment

@CourierCollie

Kitty made a poor judgement call.

Congrats @5tar!

Comment

What did the pirate say when he turned 80 years old?

Aye matey.
                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                              What did the pirate say when he turned 80 years old?

Aye matey.
                              Here's to swimmin with bow legged women

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                Ya, as I suspected. The actual postid in the DB counts is around 19000 or so over 1 million, so the count on the front page doesn't quite match. The actual millionth post according to the DB was from Oct, and is this one.

However, adjusting for the difference in the post count,what I reckon would have been the millionth post according to the home page would be this one.

That's my best guess anyhow.

Comment

Im on P&F

here Kitty Kitty
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                    Ya, as I suspected. The actual postid in the DB counts is around 19000 or so over 1 million, so the count on the front page doesn't quite match. The actual millionth post according to the DB was from Oct, and is this one.

However, adjusting for the difference in the post count,what I reckon would have been the millionth post according to the home page would be this one.

Cheers for digging. Both fairly anticlimactic. Oh well. Guess we'll hope for better at 2 million

Comment

A fucked up bet that won, how very apt

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                        great idea. 6 days is good, including a couple of days in Macau
                                        Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                        6 days is plenty in HK, are you combining it with somewhere else?
                                        Probably just a one week trip, HK area only. But would be guessing one day general sightseeing inc Victoria Peak, one day trip to Lantau Island, one day touring that big landmass above HK island, one long day to Macau (I'd prob go back for a second day). Seems to be enough there for a 6 days/nights.

Comment

Cheers for digging. Both fairly anticlimactic. Oh well. Guess we'll hope for better at 2 million
                                          What were you expecting m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                            What were you expecting m8
                                            Banter, drama, something juicy.

How are you m8?

Comment

Banter, drama, something juicy.

How are you m8?
                                              Fine and dandy me aul m8. You?

Comment

LOL, germany V turkey for euro 2024, how is that even a contest, good thing its not FIFA or turkey would prob have it shipped.

Comment

Fine and dandy me aul m8. You?
                                                  All good. Re watching Peaky Blinders. Good decision I feel

Comment

Another attack in London apparently. A man stabbed and a "loud bang" heard near Westminster.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                      LOL, germany V turkey for euro 2024, how is that even a contest, good thing its not FIFA or turkey would prob have it shipped.
                                                      I think Turkey should get it, prob won't though.
                                                      Stupid Germans are 4 years too late anyway, we really needed them to step up for 2020 to prevent the 13 host country mess that we ended up with.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        Stupid Germans are 4 years too late anyway, we really needed them to step up for 2020 to prevent the 13 host country mess that we ended up with.
                                                        Turkey in the summer might be a tad warm for football.

Comment

I dunno, Turkey seems like it would genuinely be a security nightmare. Still expecting Russia 18 to either be moved due to "event" or be the first world cup to actuallylive up to the pre tournament media distaster-hype stories.

Comment

Another attack in London apparently. A man stabbed and a "loud bang" heard near Westminster.
                                                            link, not seeing anything online

Recent attacks really seem like last sting of a dying wasp stuff tbh

Comment

Recent attacks really seem like last sting of a dying wasp stuff tbh
                                                              Sorry for the sun link. Was a controlled explosion and turns out to be nothing.

POLICE carried out a controlled explosion on a “suspicious package” found in Westminster this evening. Witnesses described hearing loud bangs near Parliament Square at around 8pm. The p…

Comment

Turkey in the summer might be a tad warm for football.
                                                                Isn't Turkey roughly the same latitude as Italy, Spain or Portugal and no-one quibbled with summer tourneys being held there. Presumably the tournament will be in large cities in the interior and not on the Mediterranean beaches at noon.
                                                                They generally have the bulk of the stadiums already so no white elephants. Security thing probably a much bigger issue. And a mad president.

Comment

Trump in interviw with Time
                                                                  "Hey look, in the mean time, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not. You know. Say hello to everybody OK?”

Comment

Trump in interviw with Time
                                                                    "Hey look, in the mean time, I guess, I can’t be doing so badly, because I’m president, and you’re not. You know. Say hello to everybody OK?”
                                                                    Hate to say it but he has a point
                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The important question is...

Would you go support Ireland in Turkey?

Comment

Isn't Turkey roughly the same latitude as Italy, Spain or Portugal and no-one quibbled with summer tourneys being held there. Presumably the tournament will be in large cities in the interior and not on the Mediterranean beaches at noon.
                                                                        They generally have the bulk of the stadiums already so no white elephants. Security thing probably a much bigger issue. And a mad president.
                                                                        Seems you're right on temps. I've heard lots of people saying there were there on holidays and the temperatures were in the 40's, so while it can get very hot it isn't typically so.

Anyhow, in terms of security, and with the way Erdogan wants to basically turn into a dictator essentially, it's not the choice of country I'd pick anyhow.

Comment

I still think they should just rotate all major tournaments between UK,USA,Germany ,Italy france and spain. Maybe with tjhe odd token S.American bid

Comment

Hate to say it but he has a point
                                                                            If and only if there some sort of game where you win by becoming POTUS.

Trump is stupid and immature enough to have actually thought this would be the case.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

The important question is...

Would you go support Ireland in Turkey?
                                                                              I'd walk a million miles for one of their goals m8.

Probably not unless we had a game in a large stadium (Ataturk?) and tickets were easy to get, (bit like the Sweden game in the SdP) and flights and accom weren't mental expensive. So probably wouldn't go.
                                                                              But wouldn't hesitate if I was still young and didn't mind hostelling it and all that jazz.

Comment

Being a billionaire POTUS does seem like winning tbf.

Comment

I'd walk a million miles for one of their goals m8.

Probably not unless we had a game in a large stadium (Ataturk?) and tickets were easy to get, (bit like the Sweden game in the SdP) and flights and accom weren't mental expensive. So probably wouldn't go.
                                                                                  But wouldn't hesitate if I was still young and didn't mind hostelling it and all that jazz.
                                                                                  I'd go myself. I reckon the lads on tour would turn the most suicidal religiously brainwashed towel head into a banter fueled drunken football fan with one verse of shoes off for the boys in green.

If people were worried about terrorists in Turkey it's probably just as likely in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Trump is stupid and immature enough to have actually thought this would be the case.
                                                                                    I mostly think if you get to 70, and can still interact with the world on some level, you're winning. Not saying it's good for the planet, but for the person themselves, yeah.
                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

anyone with FAI ticket buying experience.
                                                                                      Bought duo package for uruguay/austria games. Trying to hopefully buy an extra ticket beside where i already bought but cannot find an email or anything in FAI ac count to show the actual seat #s i bought, money gone from bank a/c obv. any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                        I mostly think if you get to 70, and can still interact with the world on some level, you're winning. Not saying it's good for the planet, but for the person themselves, yeah.
                                                                                        Been saying he is an ispiration to older people for a while now, think a lot of people half his age would sttruggle with his schedule, then again at that level you are prob getting daily blood transfusions from freshly killed peasants

Comment

Best of Enemies on Netflix is a great watch.

Up your street Raoul if you haven't seen it.
                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Here you go There are probably more up to date ones though. Take care any of you in the UK..i think a few here are.
                                                                                            Four people died. It's very sad.

In the aftermath of the attack at the Houses of Parliament in Westminster, here is what we know

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              Being a billionaire POTUS does seem like winning tbf.
                                                                                              I think he is ..more bi-winning.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post

Trump is stupid and immaGture enough to have actually thought this would be the case.
                                                                                                I think you need an intervention at this point m8. I had crisps and beer for tea the other night during university challenge fwiw.
                                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Found this pic of my bro and mom ..he is doing ballet :P

Comment

Daffodil day again.

Somewhat conflicted here. Clearly a wonderful cause - but we all pay buckets of tax (well I do anyway), if our health system was properly resourced and managed there should be zero need for it. Do they have an equivalent in say France or Sweden?
                                                                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Daffodil day again.

Somewhat conflicted here. Clearly a wonderful cause - but we all pay buckets of tax (well I do anyway), if our health system was properly resourced and managed there should be zero need for it. Do they have an equivalent in say France or Sweden?
                                                                                                      It's a nice thing to do.. if you can. I understand charity should be a choice. I wouldn't want anyone to feel forced.

I will be ...for my own selfish reasons.

That's my choice though.

Comment

Probably just a one week trip, HK area only. But would be guessing one day general sightseeing inc Victoria Peak, one day trip to Lantau Island, one day touring that big landmass above HK island, one long day to Macau (I'd prob go back for a second day). Seems to be enough there for a 6 days/nights.
                                                                                                        The travel time to holiday ratio would be my only downside. I had 9 days for HK, Macau and Shenzen and afterwards i felt like i spent too much of it in trains and planes.
                                                                                                        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Daffodil day again.

Same with homelessness charities, suicide prevention, etc. etc.

I support very few as it's the same mindset that has lead to too many religious run schools for example. A poorly run state being bailed out by vested interests who mainly mean well and then we're dismayed when shite happens like the Console scandal. Basically charities are sticking plasters over proper solutions. I really try to only give to things that shouldn't be basic state services.

Having said that if wearing a daffodil makes people who are suffering due to cancer themselves or in their family feel a bit better because they get a sense of solidarity that the public at large is supporting them then I will (and have) wear one.
                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

It does mean a lot. Thanks to all who do.

Comment

Oh ma gerd ...ma package came !

Ma Make up ...weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Daffodil day again.

I'm wary of the ICS. Without getting a vaping debate going again I find it strange that they remain totally against it, haven't moved an inch on the issue despite the UK government findings last year, whilst having a home page festooned with sponsorship from various pharmacy companies both retail and manufacturing.

Comment

International football doesn't often excite me but really looking forward to tonight's game. Pity about the injury list but what's the consensus on our chances?

Comment

well said V4V

Park the cynicism and wear a daffodil for one day. I just heard yesterday of a lad I worked with diagnosed with liver cancer (or was it kidney) . Anyway he broke the news by way of saying support DD. So I guess they do feel the solidarity.

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                                      International football doesn't often excite me but really looking forward to tonight's game. Pity about the injury list but what's the consensus on our chances?
                                                                                                                      Same. Would happily take a draw now.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                                                                                                                        well said V4V

Park the cynicism and wear a daffodil for one day. I just heard yesterday of a lad I worked with diagnosed with liver cancer (or was it kidney) . Anyway he broke the news by way of saying support DD. So I guess they do feel the solidarity.
                                                                                                                        I am very sorry I hope he pulls through it. Sad news.

Comment

Originally posted by PeaceandFire View Post
                                                                                                                          I am very sorry I hope he pulls through it. Sad news.
                                                                                                                          I do too of course, I'm not exactly close to him but it's sad all the same and he in his 40s.
                                                                                                                          Seems to be everywhere due to social media keeping us aware of old colleagues and their highs and lows.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X