Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Time to test out the 'BBV knows all' theory once more....

Afterschool care in Dublin - 3 primary school kids. We pay €10 p/h for kids to be picked up from school, brought to our house and minded until one of us gets home by 5.30. She also brings her own kid along too. We don't pay her for holidays.

Childminder now intimating that this is too little. Are we mean exploiters or is this on the money? Nobody sensible seems to know so asking you lot.
    We pay €10 p/h for child one and €8 for child two, we drop kids off at minders in the morning and she has them for half hour before dropping to school. she collects from school at 2:30 and wife picks up at 4:30. minder also makes them something small to eat. We do pay if we keep kids off or they're sick but don't pay holidays. (she doesn't pay tax)
    she's very reliable, gives plenty of notice if needs a day off etc. and the kids are happy!
    you've done well for €10 p/h for three kids, I'd say cough up or start looking for a new minder by the sounds of it.
    Also Hi, it's been awhile.

Comment

You're giving her invaluable experience.

Working for Free - Foil Arms and Hog#sketchcomedy #exposure #comedy When People Want to Pay You in ExposureSUBSCRIBE: http://www.youtube.com/foilarmsandhogL...
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Blip View Post
        We pay €10 p/h for child one and €8 for child two, we drop kids off at minders in the morning and she has them for half hour before dropping to school. she collects from school at 2:30 and wife picks up at 4:30. minder also makes them something small to eat. We do pay if we keep kids off or they're sick but don't pay holidays. (she doesn't pay tax)
        she's very reliable, gives plenty of notice if needs a day off etc. and the kids are happy!
        you've done well for €10 p/h for three kids, I'd say cough up or start looking for a new minder by the sounds of it.
        Also Hi, it's been awhile.
        Child one 25% more of a handful than child two.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Christmas View Post
          It was what's for tea.
          You ask it often enough so I wouldn't be surprised. Will wait for 5star to take a look and confirm tho

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
            Kinda shocked at Channel4 naming the suspected London terrorist like the twitterati, and then retracting it 30 minutes later.

He didn't submit to fashion.

Comment

Child one 25% more of a handful than child two.
              If she could renegotiate I'd say she'd charge €16 for child two, he's a nightmare! but twas her rates we paid

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                You ask it often enough so I wouldn't be surprised. Will wait for 5star to take a look and confirm tho
                Sadly I forgot and I'm in bed now. I need to be reminded between 6 and 11 in the evening or I'll keep forgetting I'd say.

Either way,, I think it's not likely to give the same result as we'd expect given that the count on the front page doesn't work like the post table sequence does if I recall correctly. I'll definitely give it a better look though if it occurs to me when I'm at my laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                  It was what's for tea
                  Ta m8

Comment

Here's details of USA/UK electronics ban, no mention of red dells so Dice should be good.

USA Electronics Ban What flights are affected?
                    Customers travelling on direct services to the USA from any of the following ten cities will not be permitted to carry most electronic devices in the cabin with them: Abu Dhabi, UAE (AUH) Dubai, UAE (DXB) Amman, Jordan (AMM) Istanbul, Turkey (IST) Cairo, Egypt (CAI) Jeddah, Saudi Arabia (JED) Casablanca, Morocco (CAS) Kuwait City, Kuwait (KWI) Doha, Qatar (DOH) Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (RUH)

What electronic devices are banned?
                    People on these flights will not be permitted to carry most electronic items that are larger than a smartphone in the cabin with them. These items must be placed in their checked luggage. • Tablets / iPads / Kindles / e readers – larger than 16cm x 9.3cm • Laptops - larger than 16cm x 9.3cm • Cameras and lenses – please check with the airline directly regarding specifications • Portable DVD players - larger than 16cm x 9.3cm • Electronic game devices - larger than 16cm x 9.3cm • Travel printers and scanners - larger than 16cm x 9.3c

UK Electronics Ban What flights are affected?
                    Customers travelling on direct services to the UK from any port in the following six countries will not be permitted to carry most electronic devices in the cabin with them:
                    Please refer any further questions or concerns you may have to you airline.
                    Egypt Saudi Arabia Jordan Tunisia Lebanon Turkey

What electronic devices are banned? People on these flights will not be permitted to carry most electronic items that are larger than a smartphone in the cabin with them.

These items must be placed in their checked luggage. • Tablets / iPads / Kindles / e readers – larger than 16cm x 9.3cm • Laptops - larger than 16cm x 9.3cm • Cameras and lenses – please check with the airline directly regarding specifications • Portable DVD players - larger than 16cm x 9.3cm • Electronic game devices - larger than 16cm x 9.3cm • Travel printers and scanners - larger than 16cm x 9.3cm

Will my electronics be safe in the hold of the aircraft?
                    Customers are advised to pack their electronics securely and separately in their check-in luggage and ensure that they are in secure cases or protected from movement or knocks. We recommend that you discuss this and the general security of your items with your carrier or refer to the airline’s website.

Comment

Seems like it's gonna be a big week for trump watchers.
                      Funny flicking between r/the Donald and r/politics on Reddit,2 completely different universes,as bad as each other

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        It's a shade on the low-side I'd have thought. Would expect to pay €12 anyway, and probably D3 postcode premium down your way.
                        Seems very low to me, its barely above minimum wage, she gets no benefits (holiday pay would be another 8% at least) and probably has some expenses

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHunt View Post
                          10er an hour ? Raoul ya tight bollix , what happened to El stunt dog ?
                          still alive but both cruciates are gone
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                            Seems very low to me, its barely above minimum wage, she gets no benefits (holiday pay would be another 8% at least) and probably has some expenses
                            only expense is petrol which we put extra on top for

everything else is in our house and is paid for by us - food, heat, electricity etc

Comment

Yea anything less than €15/hour seems on the low side to me. Fair bit of responsibility in looking after kids.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                Yea anything less than €15/hour seems on the low side to me. Fair bit of responsibility in looking after kids.
                                Hmmm, better not let her read this so. Yourself, Lao Lao and HJ would have me broke in no time!

I have to earn €32 p/h to pay someone €15 p/h is another way of looking at it.

Comment

Surely even at 15 you're rubbing money on your titties with what you're saving versus the creche days!

Comment

Our creche will pick them up from school, feed them, and keep them until 6 for 25 euro.

Comment

Our creche will pick them up from school, feed them, and keep them until 6 for 25 euro.
                                      Do you pay them for holidays? i.e. when kids not there

Comment

Do you pay them for holidays? i.e. when kids not there
                                        Yea that's the kicker alright, but my mrs doesn't work Mondays then we do grandparents 2 days, creche 2 days.
                                        Usually do a 12 day summer holiday and dump the back there for the Thursday and Friday while we recover from the ordeal!

Comment

Yer making a great case for not having kids here lads. Keep it going. Ty

Comment

Yea that's the kicker alright, but my mrs doesn't work Mondays then we do grandparents 2 days, creche 2 days.
                                            Usually do a 12 day summer holiday and dump the back there for the Thursday and Friday while we recover from the ordeal!
                                            Sounds like I need to adopt your parents

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                              Yer making a great case for not having kids here lads. Keep it going. Ty
                                              Don't worry dobby, you'll be told when you're having kids.

Myself and zuut will point and laugh at you then.

Comment

Just got told we will be going again by my wife (not till Christmas at least) switch from man marking to zonal defence doesn't appeal to me. Although 1st kid would be nearly 7.
                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Oh the joy I take in the misery of mates who have 2 under 2.

Comment

Off to visit a student on teaching practice in Blackrock now. Last semester's visit was to Ballymun. Be interesting to see the difference.

Comment

Oh the joy I take in the misery of mates who have 2 under 2.
                                                        GFYZ

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                          Just got told we will be going again by my wife (not till Christmas at least) switch from man marking to zonal defence doesn't appeal to me. Although 1st kid would be nearly 7.
                                                          We'll get one out first before looking ahead, but I'd say that the chances of going higher than 2 are very small, barring of course a Dice style snafu.

Sticking at one is a very likely scenario though.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                            Seems like it's gonna be a big week for trump watchers.
                                                            Funny flicking between r/the Donald and r/politics on Reddit,2 completely different universes,as bad as each other
                                                            Job opportunity for any Trump watchers out there

Comment

Bargain alerts

Comment

The Washington Post's Bob Woodward warned on Wednesday that there are people from the Obama administration who could be facing criminal charges for unmasking the names of Trump transition team members from surveillance of foreign officials
                                                                A litany of telecommunications issues before the federal government have the smallest U.S. carriers worried that Washington will hurt, or at least fail to protect, their businesses at a time when the divide between urban and rural providers is accelerating. Among their biggest concerns is the Trump administration’s crackdown on the U.S. operations of ZTE

Deary fucking me
                                                                That's the bob Woodward by the way

Comment

That's what they all say

Strewel must be loving this tbf

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                    Job opportunity for any Trump watchers out there

https://betfairhr.secure.force.com/r...=VN3960&Source
                                                                    Myself and Rigger, dream team.
                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 23-03-17, 12:15.

Comment

We'll get one out first before looking ahead, but I'd say that the chances of going higher than 2 are very small, barring of course a Dice style snafu.

It's handy to have an insta playmate though. My eldest two are 18 months apart. Was tough first 6 months but after that once the little fella was on the move things got much easier. They might hate each other now but they are teenagers and that is expected haha

Comment

I've seen studies where the consumer value of the BBC is way higher than that, RTE probably doesn't compare though. IF it's a fee for RTE then fair enough, but I don't see why someone like me who hasn't put on RTE on TV or Radio for several years should have to pay.

Comment

Hong Kong as holiday destination for 6 nights in May, good idea?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                            The Washington Post's Bob Woodward warned on Wednesday that there are people from the Obama administration who could be facing criminal charges for unmasking the names of Trump transition team members from surveillance of foreign officials
                                                                            A litany of telecommunications issues before the federal government have the smallest U.S. carriers worried that Washington will hurt, or at least fail to protect, their businesses at a time when the divide between urban and rural providers is accelerating. Among their biggest concerns is the Trump administration’s crackdown on the U.S. operations of ZTE

Deary fucking me
                                                                            That's the bob Woodward by the way
                                                                            But then

One of journalists who reported on the Watergate scandal for The Washington Post responded to a new report that the FBI has information indicating President Trump's associates may have coordinated with Russia, calling it part of a "coverup."

"Well I’ve been saying for a while that there’s a coverup going on here," Carl Bernstein said on CNN after it released its report on the information from FBI officials that Trump associates may have worked with Russian operatives to release damaging information targeting Hillary Clinton's campaign

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                              I I don't see why someone like me who hasn't put on RTE on TV or Radio for several years should have to pay.
                                                                              Neither should you pay tax for hospitals that other people will use or schools or ...
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bernstien on Trump / Nixon the other day.
                                                                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                  Neither should you pay tax for hospitals that other people will use or schools or ...
                                                                                  What would we lose if RTE close down ? Shit since Trom agus Eadrom finished.

Comment

The tax credits should really be going to those working without kids, using less state resources etc. Denny and myself getting screwed atm

Comment

You've my vote!

Comment

Comment

Off to visit a student on teaching practice in Blackrock now. Last semester's visit was to Ballymun. Be interesting to see the difference.
                                                                                          Obviously picked the day she was teaching reproduction to Junior Cert girls. A 22 year old girl teaching a class of 14 year old girls about reproduction, and me in the corner watching on.

Comment

I've seen studies where the consumer value of the BBC is way higher than that, RTE probably doesn't compare though. IF it's a fee for RTE then fair enough, but I don't see why someone like me who hasn't put on RTE on TV or Radio for several years should have to pay.
                                                                                            Not even to watch a match or when you are in the car and you have shitty phone coverage for spotify?

Also Denny as it is a flat rate tax basically if they get rid of it than you just end up with your income tax subsidising instead. If we could have fees like this for more areas it would be great imo.

Comment

Every second Ad on telly here is a pharmaceutical being hawked. Nuts.

Take this. Be happy. We promise.
                                                                                              *do not take if allergic to happiness
                                                                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                                Fake your orgasms, easy game.

Comment

Obviously picked the day she was teaching reproduction to Junior Cert girls. A 22 year old girl teaching a class of 14 year old girls about reproduction, and me in the corner watching on.
                                                                                                  Watching on ?

Euphemism ?

Comment

Getting quare desperate now that the sentiment is running away from him

This is what you get if you click the correct answer:

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                      Not even to watch a match or when you are in the car and you have shitty phone coverage for spotify?

Also Denny as it is a flat rate tax basically if they get rid of it than you just end up with your income tax subsidising instead. If we could have fees like this for more areas it would be great imo.
                                                                                                      I never watch sport and the only time I'm in a car is in taxis

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                      [B]
                                                                                                      True. Or they could run it as a commercial entity, I've never gone to the RTE Symphony Orchestra either!
                                                                                                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 23-03-17, 15:40.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                        Did she pay tax like you did too?
                                                                                                        Section 216C TCA 1997 - relief for childcare services. A provider of childcare services can mind up to 3 children and earn up to €15k per year without paying tax on it. (Must provide services in there own home and register with HSE (can register after the year to which the relief is been claimed but before the tax return is due) and claim the relief on a Form 11 at end of year).

Comment

I never watch sport and the only time I'm in a car is in taxis
                                                                                                          Weren't you a Love/Hate watcher?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            Weren't you a Love/Hate watcher?
                                                                                                            Had to download it. Place i was living in at the time wasn't wired for terrestrial TV.

When I posted about Grand Designs last night, that was the first time I'd watched normal TV in my current place and I've been here nearly two years. And it only happened because my media drive died. #excitinglifeupdates

Comment

I was told by my friend at the All Blacks, "there are two types of coaches in this world, those that have been fired and those that will be fired"

I am now one of them it seems

Comment

I've just seen a guy driving a truck texting on his phone and a smoke in his mouth, on a busy small back road. Wtf, what a prick.
                                                                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

6 days is plenty in HK, are you combining it with somewhere else?
                                                                                                                  Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                  https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                    Hong Kong as holiday destination for 6 nights in May, good idea?
                                                                                                                    great idea. 6 days is good, including a couple of days in Macau

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                      great idea. 6 days is good, including a couple of days in Macau
                                                                                                                      You lads, while being not much good at rugby, have your uses. My dinner came out of a can.

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                                                                                        Section 216C TCA 1997 - relief for childcare services. A provider of childcare services can mind up to 3 children and earn up to €15k per year without paying tax on it. (Must provide services in there own home and register with HSE (can register after the year to which the relief is been claimed but before the tax return is due) and claim the relief on a Form 11 at end of year).
                                                                                                                        Key words there are 'in their own home'.

Also, while the above is all very nice, the actual % registered must be sub-10%.

Comment

Getting quare desperate now that the sentiment is running away from him

This is what you get if you click the correct answer:
                                                                                                                          To all the men who bitch about trump I just want to say that it could be worse, you could have a woman as your president.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X