Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    Zuut, come on dude, I need safe conveyance to a few race meetings. How long before you can you bring me across the water to races? How are you fixed for Galway raceweek?
    Galway airport is closed these last few years. Is Knock close enough?

Dispatch rates for flights to the UK would be quite low until I get the instrument rating which I should have by next summer.

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
    dont want to rent it because of the hassle maintaining it but how about you buy half. Might want to work on the sales pitch.
    If you're renting you're treated as commercial which means loads of parts must be replaced at certain intervals regardless of condition which costs a fortune. Shared private owners are subject to more sensible rules.
    Last edited by Guest; 07-07-17, 07:24.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
      Galway airport is closed these last few years....
      Have a nice big 100 acre field you can land into in Galway if you are stuck. Will have to open a Duty Free if GAB is arriving.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
          wouldn't have had you pegged as one of the landed gentry dice.
          You have to marry well my good man. Bitta road frontage...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
            I have been having with my (silver) Acer Aspire V5 for the last few months. Since Christmas I have wiped and reloaded it twice.

At 22 minutes past the hour usually starting from 9.22am then 11.22 etc my laptop disconnects from the wifi. It is an utter pain in the whole. I have googled till I am blue in the face. Ran virus stuff, stopped automatic windows updates and it is also the reason that I did a reformat a few weeks ago.

I have ran malwarebytes, have paid antivirus on it and ran that. Ran all sorts and nothing.

I have removed and reinstalled all network drivers.

Tearing my hair out. It is 3 years old but I do love my laptop as it works great apart from this. I use it for work now and I could be in the middle of something and the fucker disconnects. I really can't be doing with this.

I really don't know what else to look at?

@DP @COilcam or anyone who has heard/experienced this
            Is there something up with your DHCP lease time?

Do an ipconfig/all and see when it is renewed....

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
              Is there something up with your DHCP lease time?

Do an ipconfig/all and see when it is renewed....

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
              Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter
              Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 08-3E-8E-E7-18-0B
              DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
              Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
              IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : ::8080:9a12:9925:c576(Preferred)
              Temporary IPv6 Address. . . . . . : ::4e3:9a98:7b68:ceb5(Preferred)
              Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::8080:9a12:9925:c576%10(Preferred)
              IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.14(Preferred)
              Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
              Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 07 July 2017 08:00:38
              Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 07 July 2017 10:21:37

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
              DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.255
              DHCPv6 IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 302530190
              DHCPv6 Client DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-19-77-B8-69-08-3E-8E-E7-18-0B
              DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 212.56.132.20
              NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

So I did a release and renew and it gives me this

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.14(Preferred)
              Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
              Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 07 July 2017 10:20:42
              Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 07 July 2017 11:20:41
              Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1

Comment

The lease expiring at 10.22 is coincidental, no?

Log into your router and see how many minutes the renew is set for ( should be 1440 by default I think). then I'd suggest setting it for 60 minutes and see if you can recreate the issue. If you can, there is something wrong with hoe your DHCP is renewing. (unfortunately I dont know how to fix it - but at least you will know the issue)
                AFAIK, it should request a renew at the half way point, if the request is successful, it resets the clock, so there's no interruption to our service.

Comment

Log into your router and see how many minutes the renew is set for ( should be 1440 by default I think). then I'd suggest setting it for 60 minutes and see if you can recreate the issue. If you can, there is something wrong with hoe your DHCP is renewing. (unfortunately I dont know how to fix it - but at least you will know the issue)
                  AFAIK, it should request a renew at the half way point, if the request is successful, it resets the clock, so there's no interruption to our service.
                  yeah as soon as I seen that I went to do the release/renew thing to see what it did. I think I need to check with my router. But I wonder how it is only my device that is doing this? we have 5 laptops, 4 smartphones, 3 tablets and a partridge in a pair tree attached lol

I might see if I can change the DHCP to 9,999 minutes and see if it works for the week. Obviously I am assuming it is set at something ridic right now!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                    Zuut, come on dude, I need safe conveyance to a few race meetings. How long before you can you bring me across the water to races? How are you fixed for Galway raceweek?
                    Doncaster race track is right across the road from the airport. Just saying...
                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Went into the router and changed it to 9999 so shall see. It was set to 3600 which still doesn't add up to why mine was doing it on the hour...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                        Went into the router and changed it to 9999 so shall see. It was set to 3600 which still doesn't add up to why mine was doing it on the hour...
                        The time is in seconds, so that adds up perfectly...
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change
                            Some numpties

Comment

Why would he have to apologise for that? Hardly illegal was it, or could it be because he used their logo without permission or some shit?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                You have to marry well my good man. Bitta road frontage...
                                You're nothing in that part of the world if you don't marry into a family with a bit of bog!
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

@bbv IT support

Asked this before but no joy. Watching sky go and everything is fine until I max screen then keeps buffering every 30 secs or so. Min screen all good again. Pain in the hole to be honest.

Any ideas please and thanks

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                      Why would he have to apologise for that? Hardly illegal was it, or could it be because he used their logo without permission or some shit?
                                      They went back through his posting history and found some racist posts he made earlier, because they are cunce.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post

There goes a knee
                                        Jesus that's horrible.
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                            @bbv IT support

Asked this before but no joy. Watching sky go and everything is fine until I max screen then keeps buffering every 30 secs or so. Min screen all good again. Pain in the hole to be honest.

Any ideas please and thanks
                                            Dunno change screen resolution?
                                            Her sky-ness
                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Watching an old movie In the Line of Fire.

One scene is terrifically funny.

Our Hero get a call from the bad guy that is traced to a nearby park. Which is about 500 yards away. Excited to have the chance of catching him he runs out of the building with 3/4 agents. Our Hero gets to the park first.

Our Hero is at least 60 and the other agents are strapping lads in their 30s.
                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                They went back through his posting history and found some racist posts he made earlier, because they are cunce.
                                                And how did they get his person info?

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                  Watching an old movie In the Line of Fire.

One scene is terrifically funny.

Our Hero get a call from the bad guy that is traced to a nearby park. Which is about 500 yards away. Excited to have the chance of catching him he runs out of the building with 3/4 agents. Our Hero gets to the park first.

Our Hero is at least 60 and the other agents are strapping lads in their 30s.
                                                  It's Clint though, would probably still be deadheating with 30 somethings.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                    And how did they get his person info?
                                                    With some sleuthing.

The Reddit user who initially claimed credit for President Donald Trump's tweet that showed Trump tackling CNN issued an apology Tuesday for the video and other offensive content he posted -- one day after CNN identified the man behind the account and attempted to make contact with him.

Seems like such an overreach.

Comment

Comment

but he did make the racist posts ... ?
                                                        Yes. Then he deleted them and apologised for them. But CNN say they maintain the right to publish his name and address if he crosses them again. It's scummy af.

Comment

Comment

Comment

but he did make the racist posts ... ?
                                                              Let's all condemn him for such posts but you're hardly saying it's acceptable for a national news organisation to thrawl through someone's posts, and use snippets of information plus social media to identify him. And then threaten to out him and any transgressions in his posting history? You'd hardly agree with that Hitch? Would you?
                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-07-17, 12:33.

Comment

Maybe. As long as we accept its overall a distraction from the main story. Overall CNN news coverage has gone up a huge notch in the last few months as they rise to the challenge of Trump. There's going to be occasions where what any news organisation does isn't great. E.g. New York Times this week wrote a story about North Korea based on a parody account tweet. Doesn't make them less of a valuable resource.
                                                                Rising to the challenge of Trump by creating fake news stories and threatening private citizens? Yeah they're really taking it up a notch!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    Some numpties
                                                                    CNN is not publishing "HanA**holeSolo's" name because he is a private citizen who has issued an extensive statement of apology, showed his remorse by saying he has taken down all his offending posts, and because he said he is not going to repeat this ugly behavior on social media again. In addition, he said his statement could serve as an example to others not to do the same.

CNN reserves the right to publish his identity should any of that change
                                                                    his statement was taken down by the trumpalumpas in the_donald soon after he posted it after about 20 mins

Also, they started a campaign saying CNN were cyber bullying him and he was a 15 year old kid. Turns out it's a middle aged man.
                                                                    Who called CNN after posting his retraction on reddit, who again, CNN didn't dox

http://imgur.com/a/hfUAo <--his posts....

The brain trust in /pol/ have since doxxed Kfile and his posted house address.
                                                                    It's gone as well behaved as you might expect.
                                                                    followed by

as for CNN's "threat" looking at his posts and content there is a valid incitement to violence and spreading hate speech line to follow up there. In my opinion anyway.
                                                                    CNN's wording was at best questionable I agree, but somewhere the narrative has gone from President of the USA tweets video of him beating up CNN avatar created by racist dickbag to CNN stamping on free speech.
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Maybe. As long as we accept its overall a distraction from the main story. Overall CNN news coverage has gone up a huge notch in the last few months as they rise to the challenge of Trump. There's going to be occasions where what any news organisation does isn't great.
                                                                        No, this is important. The best case scenario for this guy is he has to delete his entire online presence. The most likely thing to happen will be a concerted harassment campaign by a mob. He's pretty much guaranteed lose his job. The worst case, some lunatic decides he has to die. All because he made some naughty posts on the internet.

Doxing is absolutely awful and we should expect major news orgs and anyone with a reasonable sized social media reach not to do it without good cause. They reach some seriously dodgy people and as a result have a responsibility to only report news that's "in the public interest".

E.g. New York Times this week wrote a story about North Korea based on a parody account tweet. Doesn't make them less of a valuable resource.
                                                                        Was it the DPRK News Service? I know the guy who runs it. They're not the first to think it's real. Top keks.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                            as for CNN's "threat" looking at his posts and content there is a valid incitement to violence and spreading hate speech line to follow up there. In my opinion anyway.
                                                                            CNN's wording was at best questionable I agree, but somewhere the narrative has gone from President of the USA tweets video of him beating up CNN avatar created by racist dickbag to CNN stamping on free speech.
                                                                            "Some guy on the internet made racist posts, here's his home address" is not news. It's deeply unethical behaviour.

Comment

somewhere the narrative has gone from President of the USA tweets video of him beating up CNN avatar created by racist dickbag to CNN stamping on free speech.
                                                                              I dunno, I chuckled at Trump's tweet, I found the sleuthing and threats from CNN more disturbing. It's westling too, hardly him beating them up, does the racist posing come into it? The Donald hardly looks through people's positing history?
                                                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-07-17, 13:36.

Comment

No, this is important. The best case scenario for this guy is he has to delete his entire online presence. The most likely thing to happen will be a concerted harassment campaign by a mob. He's pretty much guaranteed lose his job. The worst case, some lunatic decides he has to die. All because he made some naughty posts on the internet.

Doxing is absolutely awful and we should expect major news orgs and anyone with a reasonable sized social media reach not to do it without good cause. They reach some seriously dodgy people and as a result have a responsibility to only report news that's "in the public interest".

Was it the DPRK News Service? I know the guy who runs it. They're not the first to think it's real. Top keks.
                                                                                Oh please.
                                                                                He loses his post count?
                                                                                Doxing is absolutely awful and we should expect major news orgs and anyone with a reasonable sized social media reach not to do it without good cause
                                                                                On this, what is good cause?

Comment

I dunno, I chuckled at Trump's tweet, I found the sleuthing and threats from CNN more disturbing. It's westling too, hardly him beating them up, and I doubt the Donald spent the time to check the dudes racist posting history.
                                                                                  This. Some guy made a funny gif and posted it to Reddit. He didn't know the fucken POTUS was gonna Tweet it! Everyone with an Internet presence should be seriously disturbed by CNN's actions here.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                    Oh please.
                                                                                    He loses his post count?
                                                                                    Shtahp. He will have to change his email address and every service it is attached to, delete his Facebook account and never make a new one, change his phone number. People will be actively trying to hack every account he owns on every major service. They'll be dong the same thing to all his close freinds and relatives. If someone gets in to his Amazon account, they'll order a thousand dildos delivered to his house (this really happened to some poor bastard who crossed Anonymous). They'll cancel his electricity, send SWAT teams to his door, the list of fucked up things people with a vendetta can do with just your name and address is endless.

Depending on how good his security is, and most people's is terrible, his life is gonna be seriously fucked up.

On this, what is good cause?
                                                                                    You know that little thing called "the public interest"? You may have heard of it. Significant amounts of time spent at journalism school is studying when it is and is not ok to publish personal details about a person.

Comment

CNN absolute cunts in this case IMO, also thought Trump tweeting the wrestling vs CNN thing was towards the absolute top of his range.

Comment

FYI last mention of this for now but if anyone's interested in playing poker vs IPBers, first game of the IPB Poker Series 2017 is on at 9.30pm this evening, $5 entry NLH turbo:

Comment

there's smart people working to change the narrative here fully aware that the likes of Denny have their gullibility levels set to maximum and will lap the stuff up.
                                                                                          This is the bit I find so disturbing.
                                                                                          Denny is a smart guy, I can't believe he is this gullible. But nevertheless this continuous boiled spicebag of shite that is flowing out of Trump is something that the likes of him are rationalising into being a good thing.

Everyone at the G20 is talking about Podesta FFS!

So whats the game in a White House whose media output is Brietbart editorial, Que bono?

The plan seems to be a form of kleptocracy that will remove government from whole swathes of public service and allow entire sectors like education, prisons, police, healthcare to be reformed as corporate franchises to be dispensed by the Trump family.

I suppose that's exactly the kind of world arrested development Ayn Rand fanbois dreamed of in their now stuck record adolescent mentality
                                                                                          Last edited by Strewelpeter; 07-07-17, 14:34.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                            thought Trump tweeting the wrestling vs CNN thing was towards the absolute top of his range.
                                                                                            This.
                                                                                            It was almost funny and one of the least sinister tweets he sent this year.

Comment

It's a fallacy to believe "smart" people are smart about everything - just a tidbit about life in general, it's usually much more focused than people would think. You can start by asking about religious scientists and work from there.

Also that picture of the pallets, look at the angle, they are nowhere near that topaz, however it's still stupid.

Comment

"Some guy on the internet made racist posts, here's his home address" is not news. It's deeply unethical behaviour.
                                                                                                but they didn't do that.
                                                                                                tbh I imagine this might be at the root of CNN's 'overreation'
                                                                                                SPOILER

Comment

'Snowfall' looks like it could be good easy watching fun. It is centered around the early days of the crack cocaine epidemic. First episode has more style than substance without charting any new territory but is top tier turn your brain off watching with a great 80's LA vibe and a kickass soundtrack.

Opr
                                                                                                  Last edited by Opr; 07-07-17, 15:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To...
                                                                                                    there's smart people working to change the narrative here fully aware that the likes of Denny have their gullibility levels set to maximum and will lap the stuff up.
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                    This is the bit I find so disturbing.
                                                                                                    Denny is a smart guy, I can't believe he is this gullible. But nevertheless this continuous boiled spicebag of shite that is flowing out of Trump is something that the likes of him are rationalising into being a good thing.
                                                                                                    Really confused what this has to do with me? I saw the link from Karl Brophy's twitter. CNN published the threat. Who's trying to lead me where exactly?

Comment

Really confused what this has to do with me? I saw the link from Karl Brophy's twitter. CNN published the threat. Who's trying to lead me where exactly?
                                                                                                      Come on, you have been spinning a line for months that this twitter 'fake news and alternative facts tripe is something other than authoritarian censorship of anyone who dares to say anything critical of Trump.

Comment

Come on, you have been spinning a line for months that this twitter 'fake news and alternative facts tripe is something other than authoritarian censorship of anyone who dares to say anything critical of Trump.
                                                                                                        I don't follow your logic here, or even know what posts you're referring to?

Personally I think it's kinda funny that DP, avid follower of 4chan and assorted online trolls, is talking about "valid incitement to violence and spreading hate speech", while Hitch is defending CNN going through a guys posting history on the internet. If it wasn't Trump related would they really be on the side of CNN here?

Comment

I don't follow your logic here, or even know what posts you're referring to?
                                                                                                          So you agree that the constant noise about fake news is the about censorship and crushing legitimate scrutiny of the administration?

Comment

So you agree that the constant noise about fake news is the about censorship and crushing legitimate scrutiny of the administration?
                                                                                                            Hard to tell at times really.

Time Warner's news division CNN has accepted the resignations of three journalists after the publication of a Russia-related article that was later retracted, a CNN spokesperson said on Monday.

The three journalists included Thomas Frank, the writer of the story; Eric Lichtblau, an editor in CNN's investigative unit; and Lex Haris, who oversaw the unit, the network had earlier reported. [cnnmon.ie/2td7Ufy]

The Russia-related story, published on Thursday, reported Congress was investigating the ties of a Russian investment fund to an aide of U.S. President Donald Trump.
                                                                                                            I think in this day and age Spicer being mean to professional journalists is about as much censorship as the administration can achieve.

Comment

...

Comment

Also worth thinking about what Michael Crichton wrote on the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect. I'm sure we've all had similar experiences to what's described in the first paragraph, image what it feels like to be Trump with the amount of coverage he receives. That's even before journalists go actively making up news.

“Briefly stated, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect is as follows. You open the newspaper to an article on some subject you know well. In Murray's case, physics. In mine, show business. You read the article and see the journalist has absolutely no understanding of either the facts or the issues. Often, the article is so wrong it actually presents the story backward—reversing cause and effect. I call these the "wet streets cause rain" stories. Paper's full of them.

In any case, you read with exasperation or amusement the multiple errors in a story, and then turn the page to national or international affairs, and read as if the rest of the newspaper was somehow more accurate about Palestine than the baloney you just read. You turn the page, and forget what you know.

That is the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect. I'd point out it does not operate in other arenas of life. In ordinary life, if somebody consistently exaggerates or lies to you, you soon discount everything they say. In court, there is the legal doctrine of falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus, which means untruthful in one part, untruthful in all. But when it comes to the media, we believe against evidence that it is probably worth our time to read other parts of the paper. When, in fact, it almost certainly isn't. The only possible explanation for our behavior is amnesia.”

Comment

...

Comment

If this was a truely unbiased 'I'm just concerned about the media' point, then Fox would feature as 99% of the problem, with CNN making up a part of the remainder.

It seems wrong what they've done, but it is being used to dismiss the entire voice of a media outlet that is a strong pro-democracy voice at a time when democracy is clearly being eroded.

Next up is dismissing NY Times and Washington Post when they have a slipup. It's textbook sidelining of media's role as a watchdog and seems innocuous as it focuses on something that is identifiably wrong even if that wrong is minor compared to the broader positive contribution.
                                                                                                                    We all made fun of Fox, myself included, CNN has now gotten to the stage where it's worse than Fox. I don't remember Fox slipping debate questions to Republican presidential candidates? Fox have done a lot of things, can't recall them threatening a private citizen like CNN just did. You're just showing your bias with this post while accusing me of bias. It's hilarious.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 07-07-17, 17:37.

Comment

Maybe. As long as we accept its overall a distraction from the main story. Overall CNN news coverage has gone up a huge notch in the last few months as they rise to the challenge of Trump. There's going to be occasions where what any news organisation does isn't great. E.g. Failing New York Times this week wrote a story about North Korea based on a parody account tweet. Doesn't make them less of a valuable resource.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Imagine RTE publishing a story about a private citizen saying 'we have dirt on this guy, and if he doesn't play by our rules we're going to tell all the rest of ye who he is and where he lives'.

Some cunt should get jail for that.

Comment

Hitch,Of all the posters on this forum I would have thought you would be the guy who would see how awful it would be to be doxxed by a news org. Think about the indo going through your ipb post history because you posted a harmless gif
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 07-07-17, 18:16.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X