Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Think that kiosk went for £400k in the boom. Also can the Times not manage to get through the first sentence without a typo/shit grammar these days?

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
        Think that kiosk went for £400k in the boom. Also can the Times not manage to get through the first sentence without a typo/shit grammar these days?
        Was that not the one on Leeson street?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          £400k? Any link to that?
          Nope, because I'm totally wrong! It was in fact £132,000 in 1989 and was Ireland's most expensive land per square foot at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
            Was that not the one on Leeson street?
            No idea. I just remember the news bite at the time of it being Ireland's most expensive property per square foot, but didn't do so well on remembering the price

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              maybe thats the reason for selling it to Starbucks.

According to here its about €26k per year for a decent sized billboard. For €330k they get this prominent billboard with a coffee shop attached. Must be close to €50k value per year from the billboard alone. I can't imagine they'd have any problem extracting another €50k profit from the location as well. So using admittedly made-up numbers, for €330k they could be getting €100k per year in value. Bargain of a lifetime so.
              If it cost €50k for a billboard there doesn't mean it's worth €50k. I'm not sure a billboard adds much to their brand given they are already everywhere. Similar to McDonalds, the sign is only useful if there's a shop nearby. But I'd say they clear 50k profit easy. That's probably only 100 cups a day.

Comment

Comment

Since I met wife I have lost Mum, Dad, neice, 3 Uncles and one Aunt whilst no one has passed away on her side in all that time.
                  Today she got news that her mother has cancer at 89 yrs old and now needing MRI scan to see extent and if she is able to cope with surgery.
                  Empathy and words feel useless.

Comment

An initial £46.5m is the price. Just need to hold on to Sanchez and Ozil, and bring in another big name or 2 and then we can battle it out for 4th spot again!

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                      I get ya Dom but some flavours of Android are better than others, and all phones seem to have one or two interesting quirks that are fairly unique. The ol' Xiaomi had a tendency to send me notifications in Chinese once every month or so, never could figure out which app was sending them or how to stop it!
                      Yeah and it runs on OxygenOS as well.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                        could have been YOU

COGTFO
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Comment

Not sure it's all that clearcut that this is the younger ones towel. Seems equally valid that the little prick stole the older guys rightful sweaty possession

The player threw it in.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

The last week I've had a bunch of Operational Excellence/Improvement/Efficiency/Whateveryourcompanycallsit roles come up in the various sites I subscribe to for jobs in Dublin. Seems to be the in thing given the abundance of them.

Raoul you are kinda in that industry aren't you? Whats happening? Any insight?
                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                    The last week I've had a bunch of Operational Excellence/Improvement/Efficiency/Whateveryourcompanycallsit roles come up in the various sites I subscribe to for jobs in Dublin. Seems to be the in thing given the abundance of them.

Hopefully this mastes degree in lean will be worth something for this type of position.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                      Hopefully this mastes degree in lean will be worth something for this type of position.
                                      You'll be flying.
                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

No, I'm in Data and Analytics. Lean was a buzzword 10 years ago.

Comment

Remember an ex-girlfriend getting one of those chocolate body paint kits, and I was really getting into it for about 10 minutes, but then you start thinking 'man, seriously, more fcking chocolate, when will it end?'

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            No, I'm in Data and Analytics. Lean was a buzzword 10 years ago.
                                            Fuck it so. Thesis due in on August 22nd. In the bin with ir

Comment

Comment

Not sure it's all that clearcut that this is the younger ones towel. Seems equally valid that the little prick stole the older guys rightful sweaty possession

The kid asks him for the towel and the old cunt steals it. It worked out well for him though because he got a brand new towel, and also a towel from Wimbledon, French Open, US Open and Aus Open for a Grand Slam of Towels!

Comment

join the python panda train dude!

can have a look over that thesis if you want btw. There's a lot of standard stuff thats universal to all MSc dissertations in business like:
                                                  - does the literature review lead to a valid research question
                                                  - is the methodology likely to answer the research question
                                                  - is the methodology appropriately supported and applied
                                                  - is the analysis of the tests carried out well
                                                  Cheers Hitch, will look to take you up on that if dont end up putting it in the bin.

Comment

Could anyone point me in the right direction of a tool that would give me the price of a historical bet at a certain time.

eg : Random premiership game from March
                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                      Could anyone point me in the right direction of a tool that would give me the price of a historical bet at a certain time.

eg : Random premiership game from March
                                                      http://www.oddsportal.com/search/results/pjDR086/
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                        The kid asks him for the towel and the old cunt steals it. It worked out well for him though because he got a brand new towel, and also a towel from Wimbledon, French Open, US Open and Aus Open for a Grand Slam of Towels!
                                                        Been a while since we talked about towels.

Good memories.

Comment

Comment

Wish I sent my dissertation onto you from a few years ago. I did it in like 10 days instead of 6 months with the primary research focused on Gimmeabreak(my thesis was on boylesports).I didn't help myself either with my grading lecturer. After 6 months she had to ask a few students who I was as I never went to the weekly meeting which was worth 5% I really didn't like my college choice and never tried
                                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Comment

That's streamlining the review process and removing the lecturer review stage thus allowing you to reduce the academic workforce.

Sounds like you already know all you need.

Comment

New 30 for 30 - Celtics/Lakers Best of Enemies is excellent.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

An initial £46.5m is the price. Just need to hold on to Sanchez and Ozil, and bring in another big name or 2 and then we can battle it out for 4th spot again!
                                                                    that is some signing tbf
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Any plans to move location Kev? I would have thought it would be difficult to maximise the return on your educational and experience investment staying where you are. Or maybe you're on the MD path where you are and don't need to make any external moves...
                                                                      Last edited by V for Vendetta; 05-07-17, 22:10.
                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

#notmyAvril
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                          Been a while since we talked about towels.

Good memories.
                                                                          Talking to a back packer friend of mine today
                                                                          Tells me he's meeting a friend of ours to get a towel back
                                                                          Wat
                                                                          "It's a micr..."
                                                                          "Ah, say no more"
                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 06-07-17, 00:36.

Comment

...Had €150 in betting account...Decided for the crack to stick €25ew on Harrington, and €100 on a 10 bet accumulator with 56/1 odds over next 15 months...this is so I'm not after timing when Europe win Ryder cup...

Comment

...Also, lying in bed and I'm fecking starving...only food in house is sausages that may or may not be gone off, literally nothing else...debating a very late chipper or Chinese if one delivers to Dublin 12...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                ...Also, lying in bed and I'm fecking starving...only food in house is sausages that may or may not be gone off, literally nothing else...debating a very late chipper or Chinese if one delivers to Dublin 12...
                                                                                Stuck some frozen garlic bread which I topped with mature cheddar and some anchovies in oven. Tasted lush but will be bringing something to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                  Stuck some frozen garlic bread which I topped with mature cheddar and some anchovies in oven. Tasted lush but will be bringing something to bed.

That just gave me an eureka moment.

Rennie flavoured condoms?

Tagline: headache's no excuse
                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post

Hate to break it to you m8 but when that gal or guy fobbed you off and popped a couple of rennie they weren't suffering from a headache.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Banger.
                                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

There's a few things that wouldn't work here...
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                          Hate to break it to you m8 but when that gal or guy fobbed you off and popped a couple of rennie they weren't suffering from a headache.
                                                                                          That's the joke
                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Bali thus far has been cool.

Canggu for 5 days has been the best to this point, cool cafes, nice beaches and the hotel; Sedasa Lodge has 10 rooms, super clean, they cleaned the room at any time in case you wanted a lie in and drove you most places within a few miles, would recommend.

Ubud was good, climbed Mt Batur at 2am for the sunrise, 400-500 people do it every day, lots of Julia Roberts Eat Pray Love types around so was as expected, drove past the Monkey Forest, seen a few monkeys which was enough for me. We visited the Green school https://www.greenschool.org which was cool to see, every donor has their name/organisation etched somewhere in the school. 75% international and 25% local scholarships which is what the tour fees cover which was nice.

We've just arrived in Seminyak which is very westernized, more than I expected tbh, we're here for another 5 nights, I'd probably prefer Canggu more on first impressions at least, quieter beach and more relaxed with lots of great food too, Seminyak for shopping, eating, clubbing and Ubud for activities and finding yourself etc.

We've gone way over budget but you could definitely do it very cheap, worth a visit for definite.

Comment

Man Utd agree £75m deal for Lukaku

Comment

...

Comment

That's the joke
                                                                                                  Women don't normally complain about heartburn in their fannies to get out of the ride.
                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                    Women don't normally complain about heartburn in their fannies to get out of the ride.
                                                                                                    Normally?

Comment

Normally?
                                                                                                      'You want the ride?'

'Ah no honey, I have a headache'

'Don't worry, I can sheath my penis in an acid reflux preventative flavour'

'Fuck me now' would not be the next line.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Lazare; 06-07-17, 12:15. Reason: My penis was missing an i
                                                                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Normally?
                                                                                                        Dig up!

Write it again, but package it as paracetamol flavoured or rohypnol flavoured for the man who goes on the pull in coppers

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                          'You want the ride?'

'Ah no honey, I have a headache'

'Don't worry, I can sheath my pens in an acid reflux preventative flavour'

'Fuck me now' would not be the next line.
                                                                                                          Would that be normal flavour or cherry? would be the next line surely

Comment

Ooohhh and another thing

If the girl of your dreams has "heartburn" of the fanny

A few Rennie won't fix it!

Comment

In West

It's not warm!

Phone picks up network; get message saying that all charges will come out of my normal uk allowance

When did that become a thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                In West

It's not warm!

Phone picks up network; get message saying that all charges will come out of my normal uk allowance

When did that become a thing?
                                                                                                                Couple of months ago. Though will end sometime in early 2019.

Comment

Was in Dundrum earlier, went to pay for the parking with the €2 coin in my pocket, then found out they have increased it to €3. Go to ATM beside it, only had multiples of €50 to dispense. Threw a fifty into parking machine, returned €47 in coins. FML.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                    Was in Dundrum earlier, went to pay for the parking with the €2 coin in my pocket, then found out they have increased it to €3. Go to ATM beside it, only had multiples of €50 to dispense. Threw a fifty into parking machine, returned €47 in coins. FML.
                                                                                                                    Not-so-subtle 'I've at least €50 in my current account' brag?

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                      His powers really are strong when a shockingly sizable amount of people actually believe it could be a credible match up.
                                                                                                                      I know agreed

but well

I'd fucking love if McGregor beat Mayweather.
                                                                                                                      Who wouldn't ..cept maybe mayweather ...

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                                        Not-so-subtle 'I've at least €50 in my current account' brag?
                                                                                                                        Overdrafts are a wonderful thing

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X