Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know of database program that will let me enter people's details/skills, and then if i put in some parameters, it will return a suitable candidate? (Rallyteam seems to do something similar but it's $250 p.m. for 100 profiles and want something cheaper)

e.g. in football terms

Profile:

Alexis Sanchez
    €150,000 p.w.
    12 months

Skills:

Pace
    Free Kick
    Right Foot
    Penalties

Weakness:

Stamina
    Leadership

Notes:

Good team players when things are going well.
    So if i enter the following, it will return Alexis Sanchez (and any other suitable candidates) plus the players notes.

€100k - €200k
    12 months
    Free Kick
    Penalties

I could probably do something with Excel/Access but would prefer a program. Similarly, if anyone has any experience with any programs similar to Slack/Trello/Jira for managing large amounts of tasks/people/content, let me know. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
      Does anyone know of database program that will let me enter people's details/skills, and then if i put in some parameters, it will return a suitable candidate? (Rallyteam seems to do something similar but it's $250 p.m. for 100 profiles and want something cheaper)

e.g. in football terms

So if i enter the following, it will return Alexis Sanchez (and any other suitable candidates) plus the players notes.

€100k - €200k
      12 months
      Free Kick
      Penalties

I could probably do something with Excel/Access but would prefer a program. Similarly, if anyone has any experience with any programs similar to Slack/Trello/Jira for managing large amounts of tasks/people/content, let me know. Thanks!
      Fair play to whoever manages to sell that for $250/month!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
        Have you experience with rallyteam?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          Is the task at hand is not covered by the capabilities of Slack, Trello or Jira then you need a payrise.
          Rallyteam is a program that you can input the CV's of all your contractors. It has all their skills etc and when jobs come in the program can match what you have to possible candidates.

Jobs are either public or private in case there is pay details on it and when jobs are completed the person can send an invoice directly through the program and the person can get paid through it as well.

I have no idea what Jira does but I don't think any of the programs above can do all that.

Comment

Nah, Rallyteam has the capability of doing that, but lots of other stuff too that i wouldn't need it for so not really a suitable candidate! Price goes from $50 up depending on the number of profiles you create.

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
            Is the task at hand is not covered by the capabilities of Slack, Trello or Jira then you need a payrise.
            You can't build a database on any of those channels. I want something that will essentially look like a Panini Stick album when i open it, and then allow me to filter it. There's lots of programs online for organising content etc, but just seeing if anyone has any hands on experience or would recommend something.

Comment

but just seeing if anyone has any hands on experience or would recommend something.
              Could be a nice little training exercise for Hitch if you don't want to do it yourself in excel / sheets.
              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                Rallyteam is a program that you can input the CV's of all your contractors. It has all their skills etc and when jobs come in the program can match what you have to possible candidates.

Jobs are either public or private in case there is pay details on it and when jobs are completed the person can send an invoice directly through the program and the person can get paid through it as well.

I have no idea what Jira does but I don't think any of the programs above can do all that.
                This is a rather simple SQL query at the end of the day.
                I'm sure give Mrs FD a sqllite enabled web environment and some motivation ( ) she could put something together
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

To whom it may concern...

The IPB Poker Series 2017 is back on, kicking off this Friday evening at 8.30pm. Full details here: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...4&postcount=21

The first two events are live in the client and open for registration.

I recommend that any interested parties open their GGPoker accounts and deposit enough to play the first two games ahead of Friday evening if possible; just to give yourself a bit of time in case our payment processors play any 'tricks' on us in the meantime Send me a PM with any questions or issues.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                    Have you experience with rallyteam?
                    My knowledge of it is limited to what Flushdraw posted, hence my response.

Comment

My knowledge of it is limited to what Flushdraw posted, hence my response.
                      I have been working with it a good few months now. Although we don't really need the people to fill out the CV part it is handy for organising their jobs and also the billing side. I have to deal with developers all over the world and it does the job for me so I have all the invoices for these jobs in one place.

It could be a handy tool, I know my company don't use it to it's full advantage where as Tony looking to use nearly all the facilities on a larger scale.

The part where you can actually pay the people is so handy, means there is less chance of errors being made as you pay the exact amount that was invoiced so you don't have contractors crying we made a mistake

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                        This is a rather simple SQL query at the end of the day.
                        I'm sure give Mrs FD a sqllite enabled web environment and some motivation ( ) she could put something together
                        I have no time for anything any more

This working full time is sure getting in the way. Plus my hours are 1pm-10pm so I can be in touch with the Head Office in San Diego.

My mornings are spent at the beach, priorities priorities haha

Comment

BT the sole broadcaster of Heineken Cup from 2018/19 season.
                          Welcome to TNT Sports. Activate discovery+ Premium (incl. TNT Sports) and enjoy all your favourite TNT Sports moments. We’re at the heart of sport.

Comment

Just watched the program about John Giles on the RTE player. Not bad if you have an interest in it.

Anyone read his autobiography?
                            Last edited by Dice75; 04-07-17, 11:35.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                              http://sport.bt.com/rugby-union/bt-s...11364191963884
                              oh, great.

cancel the SatNav package obv.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

You can't build a database on any of those channels. I want something that will essentially look like a Panini Stick album when i open it, and then allow me to filter it. There's lots of programs online for organising content etc, but just seeing if anyone has any hands on experience or would recommend something.
                                The answer to your question is database

Databases only look like panini sticker albums in really shit films

Comment

Yeah, pretty much sounds like a database task. It's been years since I was shown access so I'd probably just do it in excel. Any polished looking program that does the same will just be a simple database with a pretty veneer slapped on.

Comment

Jira not the tool for that.

Access would be best solution right now and I'd echo others that you wouldn't have a slick interface and that's it's just an SQL query (use khan academy if you want a free SQL course).
                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Something like django might be a simple way of doing what you want

e.g
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I don't know what a tracker mortage is.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                          Jira not the tool for that..
                                          Its not the right tool for it but you could do it with it, TBF there is not much you couldn't do in it!

Comment

Cheers for the advice guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                              Its not the right tool for it but you could do it with it, TBF there is not much you couldn't do in it!
                                              You're right you could but square pegs in round holes gonna cost you long term. We've tried using it as a database for a bunch of stuff and its just not built for it. Search function is meh for this task. Imagine having to open up a separate JIRA for each return. Or having to set up a dashboard so you didn't have to open up a JIRA. Hassle.

Also Jira is expensive, difficult to set up for someone that doesn't use it and their cloud offering is not nearly as good as the hosted.

Its a sick piece of software for what it does though, some of the data we get from it from an operational improvement perspective has saved us tens of thousands. We've rebuilt the processes for two departments so far, have JIRA tracking every part and our software integrates with it amazingly well. Office is slowly becoming a bunch of JIRA dashboards.
                                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Game of Thrones is back in 12 days m8s

Comment

Large linked server query running two hours.....

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                    I don't know what a tracker mortage is.
                                                    Thought I was the only one that didn't have a notion what they were all on about
                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

cunt nuggets

Comment

Unemployment down to 6.3%

Comment

Re: rush hour

Flying home tomorrow, took today off to pick up a cheap-ish suit(currently fat as a whale, not spending money on anything decent)

Had to go in for few hours due to area manager being about and lad opening pub got drunk last night

So go shopping late, lad in shop picks one that fits me, looks alright, he talked me out of more expensive one,, bit cheap looking but most off rack are imo

Get to tube at 17:27 due to having to work

What to do...

Pints Duke, pints! Avoid the rush by drinking pints

Meeting mate deepest southside for dinner at 8

I fear she may be more pissed than me

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                            Large linked server query running two hours.....

Killed it, changed joins and dropped reindexed tables on the fly.
                                                            Ran in 4 mins...

Comment

Comment

Instant result of sky's "chavball" subscribers not having to subsidise Rugby and other niche sports from now on.

Comment

or for the day thats in it. We'll mmet agsin by Vera Lynne was closer to the American civil war than today. (maybe)

Comment

Mayweather now available at 2/11. I've been watching the market closely since it became available over a year ago when Mayweather was around the 1/20 mark. Hoping to get close to 1/4 in Vegas come showtime and hammer it!

Comment

I see on the news Hendrick is up on an assault charge in Dublin. Hardly get his holidays if found guilty?

Poor Oleras be devastated, IPBer trying to send him down and all

Comment

Had to Google release date as couldn't believe it. Holy shit scary

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                          Had to Google release date as couldn't believe it. Holy shit scary
                                                                          Shaking in me boots here.

Comment

When people start doing that with Metallica songs I'll get worried.

Comment

4 years away. Great.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                4 years away. Great.
                                                                                When they start doing it about trump becoming president and talking about how he was shot I'll still think it's retarded.

I'm gona live forever.

Comment

Blind Lemon Jefferson's "See That My Grave Is Kept Clean" is closer to the publishing of Darwin’s "The Origin of Species" than it is to today!

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                    When they start doing it about trump becoming president and talking about how he was shot I'll still think it's retarded.

I'm gona live forever.
                                                                                    Think I'd take him in a last longer

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                      last line

"The State’s youth unemployment rate was 11.9 per cent, down from 11.8 per cent in May."

Comment

The latest figures show that the number of workers classified as unemployed fell by 900 to 139,400 in June, which equates to an annual decrease of 42,100

Comment

Ahead of ShortList's Noel Gallagher vs The People special, the musician reveals why he won't have a bad word said about Ed Sheeran!Subscribe to Shortlist’s Y...
                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

He's some man to talk, especially after wussing out of the Manchester gig

Comment

Let's bet.

Comment

...
                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...

Comment

Its just too much...

Comment

I got a 'new' phone yesterday, a OnePlus 3T (am guessing it was bought at launch in Nov 2016) - seems like a great piece of kit. Selling my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 as a result, which is good but in the end not what I wanted.

Does anyone else have the OnePlus 3T and if so, any tips and tricks you're willing to offer?

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                        He's overegging the pudding big time.
                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                          I got a 'new' phone yesterday, a OnePlus 3T (am guessing it was bought at launch in Nov 2016) - seems like a great piece of kit. Selling my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 as a result, which is good but in the end not what I wanted.

Does anyone else have the OnePlus 3T and if so, any tips and tricks you're willing to offer?
                                                                                                          If you've had an android phone before it does pretty much exactly what your other phones did.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post

The drawing of a O to turn camera on, the V for flashlight and recently found out you can pass hand over phone to get the time to come up. There is a three finger thing for doing a screenshot.

The 3T has a better camera than mine, my daughter has the 3T and loves it. She was all things apple till she got her phone.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                A taxi driver was saying about this kiosk in Ballsbridge selling for a fck load of money. Seems it was €330k.

Remember thinking at the time, in between the taxi drivers astonishment at the money spent, that it was probably a very decent price for the buyers. Not only do you get to sell coffee there, but you also get essentially a massive billboard for life for the Starbucks brand on one of the most important artery roads into the centre. An absolute bargain in that sense.
                                                                                                                Thought the guy who was selling coffee out of there went out of business recently?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                  If you've had an android phone before it does pretty much exactly what your other phones did.
                                                                                                                  I get ya Dom but some flavours of Android are better than others, and all phones seem to have one or two interesting quirks that are fairly unique. The ol' Xiaomi had a tendency to send me notifications in Chinese once every month or so, never could figure out which app was sending them or how to stop it!

Comment

confused old man

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

...

Comment

I am told they would not renew his lease in order to give it to starbucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                          That's not really damning evidence to be fair - there's every chance that something on the blind side of the limo confused him, in a perfectly understandable way. I mean all of us presumably are confused every now and then, despite being in perfect mental health!

In most interviews I've seen of him recently, he mightn't be the clearest thinker in terms of getting his message out but hasn't he been like that for years?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X