Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    I fuckin hope its off by now !

Without a thermometer, its guess work, horrible to ruin a piece of meat by guessing. My advice, get an instant read thermometer, a thermopen is what i use.

A BBQ at direct heat, no more than 1.15hrs
    Cooked it indirect for about 70 mins. It's med well now, but that's fine.

Have the lid off now letting it rest.
    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      sweat not the optimal flavour

Higgins' meat delivered. Boerwors was excellent.

Lols. In and out of the sun all day, meat post incoming.

Edit...i may have oversold it.
      Last edited by oleras; 17-06-17, 20:00.
      This too shall pass.

Comment

Fucking Hell. Oh yeah.

Comment

Big Green Egg pizza and a heap of gin since 4 pm. Fit for the bed already.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            sweat not the optimal flavour

Higgins' meat delivered. Boerwors was excellent.
            A SA guy in work gets me mine from Tugela foods from in Cahir, Co.Tipp. Made by a SA, €5/pack, 500g in a link.

Postman left me down yesterday, was expecting 38mm hog casings and he took the day off it seems, was resigned to no sausage making this weekend but i was told where to get collagen casings last night so went in this morning to get my ass in gear.

My first time trying sausage making, i have a lidl mincer and got a cheap stuffer last week from amazon.

I got around 2.5kg of pork shoulder and .5kg of back fat.

Followed this guys

seasoning mix, i did add 10g of dried sage, pork needs sage !

Rusk and water measured up.

Everything is done by weight and as a % of the meat, handy formulas i posted above in the seasoning link.

Minced and back to the freezer

Meat was passed through a course die on the mincer x2. After i cut teh meat into cubes and every time i handled it, it was put back in the freezer for at least 30 mins, seemingly sausage meat dont like the heat...would take me to pick the hottest day to make them.

Seasoning, rusk and water added to mince, a good work through, then u make a pattie and wrap it in tinfoil and fry it, it mimics a skin, no maillard affect.

It was really tasty, like really good, wife said it was like white pudding, nice and peppery

The first roll of sausages !

Making links was not as easy, lots of busted ones, need to practice that, hopefully with the hog casings they will be more forgiving.

I still ended up with nearly 7lbs in the fridge, seemingly "blooming" overnight, apt for the week that's in it.

This too shall pass.

Comment

I apologise for getting hopes up
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                Fucking Hell. Oh yeah.
                Unless she is on her knees , stuff like that doesn't help...
                This too shall pass.

Comment

Ole, you are the King of Everything.

Comment

Watching HOC season 2. Your man Garretts approval rating is at 8%. So much for Trump's being the worst ever.
                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Wonder Woman is ridiculously good for a superhero film.

Looking forward to War for the Planet of the Apes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        Ole, you are the King of Everything.
                        Meh, he reminds me of those David Attenborough shows. I've zero interest in the food/animals/plants, but the photography is amazeballs.
                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                          I'm not a gin fan either, have tried many but just don't like whatever is the common flavour they all share.
                          A lot of people just don't like the Quinine in tonic rather than gin itself. It is used to treat malaria and is quite bitter. We are mostly just trying to protect ourselves via self-medicating

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                          Would that be a London dry style also?

Any recomenations for a sweeter style? Old Tom I think they are called.
                          Or are they hard to find for good reason.

I think it's green tea. It's where the name comes from. (Gunpowder Tea)
                          Oh yeah there is the tea, I've had that before but there are a lot of other things in it that as Oleras pointed out, somehow make it a bit sweeter than their counterparts, which I quite like juxtaposed with the tonic.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          @Tar, do I have to go online to get vegan shoes or can I get them in Dublin?
                          Probably have to go online. Here is where I get a lot of mine (anything from hiking boots to dress shoes), quite reasonably priced and they last really well. Also the guy running it is great to deal with and if there are any problems is quick to offer discounts and such.
                          Vegan shoes, boots, clothing & accessories ethically made in Europe since 2012. 365 days free returns & exchanges. Make a Positive Choice.

If going more expensive I get them from these:
                          https://www.bboheme.com/ (often stuff on sale)
                          Discover Brave GentleMan, your premier destination for online vegan footwear and fashion. Explore our wide range of superior footwear, shoes, boots, suits, outerwear, bags, and accessories. Shop with confidence knowing our classic styles are crafted with top-quality vegan materials, produced ethical
                          Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 17-06-17, 21:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                            A lot of people just don't like the Quinine in tonic rather than gin itself.
                            Hmm. That makes sense to me! Not sure I've ever had gin without tonic being involved somehow.

Comment

Gin and lemon is the king of starting a session of drinking when seriously hungover. Gins class.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                Gin and lemon is the king of starting a session of drinking when seriously hungover. Gins class.
                                Get some grub mate. Don't believe you had anything earlier. Send a pic next time.

Comment

And a copy of a daily newspaper in the picture.

Comment

Having whiskey and lemonade right now. Tastes good. A number of ciders, beers already consumed, home by myself as other half away on girls' weekend. Excuse for experimental drinking I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                      Get some grub mate. Don't believe you had anything earlier. Send a pic next time.
                                      I'm wasting away.

Comment

@Oleras try sheep casings alot more forgiving

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                          @Oleras try sheep casings alot more forgiving
                                          I was at the mercy of whatever they had, im getting around 40m of natural hog casings, think they are 32mm, Monday. Had to make do with the usual 20mm collagen casing the butcher uses.
                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                            Wonder Woman is ridiculously good for a superhero film.

Looking forward to War for the Planet of the Apes.
                                            I thought Wonder Woman was clichéd and formulaic, and just 'very Marvel'. Perhaps superhero fatigue setting. I thought similar for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              I thought Wonder Woman was clichéd and formulaic, and just 'very Marvel'. Perhaps superhero fatigue setting. I thought similar for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 as well.
                                              You thought too much Dom.

Comment

Kildare supremacy
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Tonight has set up for a mighty fine Sunday major viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                    Tonight has set up for a mighty fine Sunday major viewing.
                                                    Who are we making the $$$ on tomorrow ?
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                      Who are we making the $$$ on tomorrow ?
                                                      Sticking with Rickie, it's his time.

The value on Kim and Hoffman for sweats.

Very excited.

Comment

Am I alone in thinking an adult going to a Superhero film without a kid is embarrassing?

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                          Am I alone in thinking an adult going to a Superhero film without a kid is embarrassing?
                                                          Yes.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Polks latest video is pretty funny, taking the absolute piss out of DNegs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af90M-lp6YU

Comment

Sounds nice tbf

Comment

Hop House is actually nice out of a bottle and I dont have to act like a pretentious wanker whilst I drink it. Grand job for 2.40 a bottle.

Comment

Hop House is actually nice out of a bottle and I dont have to act like a pretentious wanker whilst I drink it. Grand job for 2.40 a bottle.
                                                                  So much quality in the €1.10<->€1.25 a can range - €2.40 a bottle actually seems more than a little pretentious.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                    So much quality in the €1.10<->€1.25 a can range - €2.40 a bottle actually seems more than a little pretentious.
                                                                    There isn't quality, cans always have been and always will be shite.

Where is my kinder egg?

Comment

There isn't quality, cans always have been and always will be shite.

Where is my kinder egg?
                                                                      You said you'd pm me within 50 days or something like that, with details of a bet.
                                                                      Oh, and please don't disrespect cans.

Comment

You said you'd pm me within 50 days or something like that, with details of a bet.
                                                                        Oh, and please don't disrespect cans.
                                                                        Dont make me check the pms.

Comment

Dont make me check the pms.
                                                                          This was the last one.

Originally posted by CHDog
                                                                          Will pm you with a bet as promptly as you reply. Gimme 5 months.
                                                                          Between us we shall come up with 'Il betto di tutti betti'.

Comment

This was the last one.

Between us we shall come up with 'Il betto di tutti betti'.
                                                                            Or beer and kinder eggs.

Comment

Fairly sensational yougov poll for Labour in Wales yesterday, 16 point swing, could hold all their seats of which 7 were on the Torys Top 50 Target list.
                                                                              If this indicates that Jezza can hold onto their heartlands then the Tories don't win by quite as much as previously thought. Still potential for a Labour wipeout in the Midlands though.
                                                                              Theresa May is increasingly appearing to be terrible (very poor on Andrew Neil last night) and there isn't a lot on their front bench (keeping proven winner Boris hidden away may be a policy they'll have to look at).
                                                                              A pity Labour has equally woeful people like Diane Abbott.

326-350 at 10/1 with bet365 looks a sporting bet, with a stake saver on the next band up at 4/1. Currently 330 seats.
                                                                              Gutted that I lost this on the low side, was an awesome bit of analysis at the time when 400+ was the fav.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                              went for no overall majority at 9/1.
                                                                              This was better though, wp.

Comment

...
                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Nope. Can't get my head around it.

Comment

I'm weighing up renting in Dublin in September vs commuting from Kildare.
                                                                                    Would I be best trying to pick up somewhere in the summer before students arrive or will it make much difference?
                                                                                    I'm guessing I'm looking at 550-600 for a double room within any reasonable distance to the city centre?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

40 degrees here in portugal yesterday and expected today as well. At 5pm yesterday evening there were 21 wild fires ongoing in the county. A huge one in the centre has killed around 50 people so far.

Comment

I love a roast on a Sunday. I also love chicken wings.
                                                                                            But I find the wings on a roast chicken are always overdone and a waste of good wings.
                                                                                            So today, I removed the wings before sticking the bird in the oven.

I could happily have crisped up withhot sauce but figured I try some different today.
                                                                                            I removed the 3 bones from the first two sections of the wings. To creat a sort of meat and skin pocket.

Chopped some onion, garlic and mushroom really small and mixed it through the filling from a sausage. Then stuffed this into the now wings. I ripped the "bicep" skin on one if them so went for a shorter fatter stuff with that one.

Banged them into the oven to roast with the rest of the chook.
                                                                                            Unfortunately there's no after photo. Was s little too eager to try them,

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                              Nope. Can't get my head around it.
                                                                                              I think you need to reevaluate what makes you embarrassed.

Technically we had a kid with us anyhow, it just hasn't been born yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                not your question, but that commute is an absolute killer and you'll quickly end up hating yourself
                                                                                                I was doing it for BF, Kildangan to Shelbourne park, 5pm-4am or 10pm-9am, the latter being the worst on the way home obviously.
                                                                                                I'm thinking I'm more likely be somewhat productive in Dublin and could possibly do something part time.
                                                                                                I think you're right though peak times up and down could be a killer.

Comment

Yeah, didn't Hotspur post up a study that showed commuting time was one of the biggest negative factors on happiness.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        I think you need to reevaluate what makes you embarrassed.

Technically we had a kid with us anyhow, it just hasn't been born yet.
                                                                                                        Not really. I subscribe to Henry17s line of thinking that most forms of passive entertainment are bad. At least it's not airsoft though.

Comment

Not really. I subscribe to Henry17s line of thinking that most forms of passive entertainment are bad. At least it's not airsoft though.
                                                                                                          Personally I'd rather go see a superhero movie (or do a huge range of other things) rather than go to a music gig/concert or even listen to music as an activity itself. Each to their own though (within reason obviously).

Comment

Definitely try before the students. Also 600 minimum unless you want to share a room with someone. It's absolutely ridiculous the price of a room/apartment in Dublin. Join some Facebook Dublin rent a room page/group.
                                                                                                            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

You've got to love those pesky North Koreans...

Comment

I read a study they explains how reading studies can make Jack a very Dull Boy indeed.

My fav Superhero was and still is the Hulk. I like how he is really a nice guy but people just piss him off. Leave him alone you bastards. All other superheros are just like, hey how cool am I saving the world. Yeah yeah, kill Trump then. Hulk would kill Trump as Trump would piss Hulk off. Then Denny would cry and there would be great rejoicing.

Gigs Dom ? open your soul man.

Happy Fathers day to ye punks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                                  I read a study they explains how reading studies can make Jack a very Dull Boy indeed.
                                                                                                                  Meant to add the caveat, that at this point I'm highly sceptical of any study that's not from a hard science

Comment

Just came home after a couple of days and there's 40/50 dead small wasps in the floor in my room, can't even figure out where they came from. It's that it or is there likely to be a nest lurking somewhere?

edit: looks like they came out of the sash window
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 18-06-17, 10:00.

Comment

Never drink alone again. Good company tbh.

Enjoy 45 minutes of uninterrupted Lagavulin™ Single Malt Scotch Whisky-drinking bliss with Nick Offerman by the Yule Log Fireplace… and you don’t even need t...

Comment

I won't hear anything about airsoft, planning to go soon. Went once 10 years ago and it was class. Played against the chinese army who had grenades and everything, got destroyed.

Comment

Just came home after a couple of days and there's 40/50 dead small wasps in the floor in my room, can't even figure out where they came from. It's that it or is there likely to be a nest lurking somewhere?

edit: looks like they came out of the sash window
                                                                                                                          Looks like you've angered WaspMan with your insolence.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X