Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    In the local park watching a kids play - modern versions of fairytales. Red Riding Hood shot the Big Bad Wolf, and then the third little piggy of the Three Little Piggies called for Red Riding Hood's help as the fox was going to explode her brick house with a bomb after not being able to blow it down. Red Riding Hood came and killed the fox, but then killed the pig too to make a pigskin bag to go with her wolf-fur coat.

Think it's being portrayed as a story of girl empowerment.
    Break out a bit of mansplaining!

Comment

Duffy FG @40/1

Duffy FG & 2-0 @200/1

Comment

Hendrick FGS obvs, and over 2.5

the new reddit soccer stream interface is v.nice.
        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
          Few interest bets for the day of sports.

Trixie on Pats Horse, Walters fgs O'Conor fgs.

Acca Ireland, Mayo, West Meath and Ukraine.

Singles - Mayo Galway draw, Moran Fgs 10/1. Hendrick 1-0 35/1, Brady 1-1 45/1. Pats horse.

Day for the couch.
          That's the lot gone. Photo finish fucks the horse up and Evan Regan bottled 2 shots at the end to force the draw.

Coybig now.

Comment

Angelus on RTE1 for anyone who needs something more exciting than the soccer.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Walters ngs enhanced to 8 on pp
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                ... started writing something from last week, but realised a) it didn't sound believable and b) like most good tales it wouldn't be wise to put in print.
                Ah go on!

Comment

Its coming...
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

The only thing appealing about this match is the pints I'm drinking while watching it
                    Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

On now to win it
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

disallowed goal terribly soft no?

Comment

He did lead with the arm though.

Walters should have got a penalty after. He basically hooked him. Bit shit that if he had thrown himself to the ground like most modern footballers he would have gotten it

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                            disallowed goal terribly soft no?
                            Didn't think either Irish player got the ball, just the man.

Comment

Met an old mate that I hadn't seen in years at a funeral this weekend.

Cracked up laughing at a story he told me. We were reminiscing about old days. We used to go to Club Diva in the Red Cow (and Steers before that), lived a few miles up the road in Kilnamanagh.

He said he left there one night on his own hammered, staggered up the road with the thumb out for a taxi. I've been that soldier, you never ever got a taxi, they were always full but the ones that weren't took one look at the state of you and said 'bollix to that'.

Anyway, he's staggering with the thumb out and a taxi pulls in, he falls into it and your man says 'where you going?', 'Kilnamanagh' he says.

After a few minutes the driver says to him 'Were you with your girlfriend tonight?'

'Ah yeah, left her there'

'Did you have sex with her?'

My mate says he then had a laugh with him, says something like 'ah no, but I will tonight wha', bit of laughing.

Another few minutes pass and the driver turns to hims and says..

'Did you ever have sex with a man?'

At this point my mate cops there's no meter. Some creeper had just pulled him looking for the ride.

He goes 'Ah here, I think you've got the wrong idea, stop the car'

Your man pulls over, says sorry and lets him out.

One minute walk from his gaff.
                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Seen a clip posted elsewhere for a sport call Sepak Takraw. It has to be the greatest sport I had never seen before. These boys are volley-ball ninjas. The skill in this shit is incredible. I have spent the last hour on youtube watching different highlight. You get three touches per team to return the ball over the net using only head/feet.

Sepak Takraw Looks Like A Pretty Awesome Sport If you have never heard of Sepak Takraw, you are not alone. This rarely seen sport combines many of the rules ...

Opr

Comment

Backwards it's Warcat Capes.

Well, almost. WarKat Kapes.

Cool.
                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

It's no football tennis

Comment

Chess boxing
                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Bitcoin dusts itself down after the recent blip and the train keeps rolling -->$3000. All aboard for the moon.

Opr

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

...pride ..i could get my body through the railings...arrogance ...i forgot ..about my head...

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                            Bitcoin dusts itself down after the recent blip and the train keeps rolling -->$3000. All aboard for the moon.

Opr
                                            Someone said shoot for the moon you will end up on a star ..or maybe uranus

It's a crazy bull run though

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Hog casings ordered. Hopefully will have them before weekend.
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

'man of the year' contest seems to be over already, wp Macron
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                      'man of the year' contest seems to be over already, wp Macron
                                                      Strong contender for 'ponce of the year'. Close run thing between him and that girl that's in charge of Canada.

Comment

Comment

Comment

UK looks to be in a fairly woeful place financially. Still running deficits of 3-4% even after decimating public spending. All this on top of government debt thats currently 90% of GDP and the likelihood of a decade of close to zero growth. Think i'll write off my massive accumulated two years of pension there as a lost cause.
                                                            When do we think EUR\GBP hits parity?
                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post

Opr
                                                                ETH doing amazing, last few weeks it's gone from 100 to 400 per coin

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                  ETH doing amazing, last few weeks it's gone from 100 to 400 per coin
                                                                  Even more incredible that if you go back to only March of this year it was only 10 dollars. It had been nearly flat at that price for a year previously before this breakout.

Opr

Comment

Just back from the gym, have been focusing on getting my knee healthy and doing loads of balance and single leg exercises as was having lots of pain. Today i decided to go back to being a monster in the squat rack, not sure why but was feeling confident. was going up through the weight easily enough, put the belt on and got closer to max amounts, blew through the previous max amount. getting ready for next squat. have the bar ready, just as i go to lift it off the most flamboyantly gay man i've seen comes behind me and gets ready to spot me without asking. He is closer to bodybuilder fake tanned than normal fake tan, tshirt cut down the front to show off his shaved pecks, tight bicycling shorts, puts his arms under mine and just gets real close. Not wanting to commit a hate crime i committed to it.

i imagined the entire gym stopped to watch this scene, but i went down and pushed the weight back easily enough, i now felt confident with my emotional and physical support, so said one more, i went down again but just couldnt hold it so he wrapped his arms around me as we lowered the weight down onto the metal bars, i said thanks and we went our separate ways.

strange morning.

Comment

Comment

So much happy

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                          i imagined the entire gym stopped to watch this scene, but i went down and pushed the weight back easily enough, i now felt confident with my emotional and physical support, so said one more, i went down again but just couldnt hold it so he wrapped his arms around me as we lowered the weight down onto the metal bars, i said thanks and we went our separate ways.

strange morning.

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                                          Strong contender for 'ponce of the year'. Close run thing between him and that girl that's in charge of Canada.
                                                                          Maybe spend a bit more time hanging around the gym and you too can learn not to be so threatened

Comment

Hasn't been any good for years anyway.

Comment

I cant warm to Derry Clarke at all, that lords and ladles programme confirmed it, a touch too pompous or something.
                                                                              Is Chapter One not the go-to safe option for high end? Never left it anything less than happy, and don't think I have ever heard of anyone having a bad time there.
                                                                              Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                              https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                  After a bit of digging and thought I decided to go steady and opted for L'Ecrivain and here you go..

1/ Call Saturday c.7pm and get a rerecorded message that unless I was attempting to change a reservation for that day (in which case I could press 1) that I had to go to their website for a reservation.

2/ Go to website and after clicking on make a reservation the website tells me to call the restaurant or send an email. Given the experience in 1 above I figured I best send an email.

3/ 10.31 am this morning I get an email back confirming that they have a table at the requested time and to send through my phone number to complete the booking.

4/ 11.08 am I revert with my phone number

5/ 12.15 pm, I get an email from the restaurant - "I am very sorry, This was the last table available on Thursdays and it’s now gone. Would a table at 9.15pm suit you?"

So it seems that because I didn't supply my phone number with the reservation that they gave the table to somebody else. Now I know I am a cranky git but bloody hell, surely the restaurant is doing themselves/customers an injustice here with this practice?
                                                                                  It's standard, it's so they can contact you when you are late to see if you are coming

Bookings without a phone number who are late are a nightmare, give away table and they walk in the door with some excuse

What if you were the walk-in and a table was sitting empty?

When they can't tell you if the table available or not, would you ask them if they rang the customer?

Comment

Connolly has decided to appeal after all ,shitshow plus spineless appeasement incoming

Comment

I get that a phone number is needed for that purpose. I am struggling to see that in this instance the restaurant have taken the right course of action.
                                                                                      Bit arsey alright, should have told you it wasnt confirmed without the phone number or something

Email back telling them they are dicks!

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                        Connolly has decided to appeal after all ,shitshow plus spineless appeasement incoming
                                                                                        He really should be drawing dead at this stage?
                                                                                        Any intereference with referees linesmen and umpires should be punished severely.
                                                                                        We regularly see officals running for there lives off pitches with garda escorts its not good enough.
                                                                                        It was a nothing game a game the dubs were never going to lose and he loses the head over a line ball.
                                                                                        He is a liability to his team mates as well.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                          Hasn't been any good for years anyway.
                                                                                          I think the actual problem is that it is only good. When you are going to a place with a long standing star you are expecting excellent or something exciting and unusual.

I have been a few time in the last few years and it has been consistently good - wouldn't complain about anything just nothing to make me feel I would stand by a recommendation to go.

Last place I was in with a star was the Cliff House which I recommended to everyone I knew who was looking for a weekend away. Not just for the meal which was fantastic but all the staff in the hotel are excellent and the room was lovely. Probably helped that the weather was so nice tho.

Comment

Back to back saturdays in Ch1 next month, one a chef's table on the last day before they close for holidays. Had the exact same deal last year and there was a great buzz in the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                              Back to back saturdays in Ch1 next month, one a chef's table on the last day before they close for holidays. Had the exact same deal last year and there was a great buzz in the kitchen.
                                                                                              Academics with their private planes and excellent reservations - glad I went with the private sector for the money

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                I think the actual problem is that it is only good. When you are going to a place with a long standing star you are expecting excellent or something exciting and unusual.

I have been a few time in the last few years and it has been consistently good - wouldn't complain about anything just nothing to make me feel I would stand by a recommendation to go.

Last place I was in with a star was the Cliff House which I recommended to everyone I knew who was looking for a weekend away. Not just for the meal which was fantastic but all the staff in the hotel are excellent and the room was lovely. Probably helped that the weather was so nice tho.
                                                                                                Totally agree with that assessment of l'Ecrivain.

You have also reminded me that I have a €300 voucher for the Cliff House to use. Their website drives me round the fucking bend being the main reason I haven't used it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                  Academics with their private planes and excellent reservations - glad I went with the private sector for the money
                                                                                                  It was precisely because of the lack of job security that I had to run a business on the side! Don't worry, the public sector is still shit

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                    Anyone seen Sense8? Just started watching it the other day, some terrible over acting and starts off too slowly but think it improves greatly and some of the story lines are excellent and very orginial. Great premise and locations are stunning. Really enjoying it so far though, definitely one for the binge watching.

It is a sci-fic like The Expanse but almost the polar opposite of it.
                                                                                                    Binge watched the 2 seasons in one week. Fantastic show, really does improve after the 1st 4 episodes.
                                                                                                    No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

tis nearly time for a Chefs Table booking, any interest here?
                                                                                                      yes, for when? Have gin, will travel.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Yes, on for the Chef's Table!

Comment

whats the general good (Michelin) restaurants attitude on single person bookings for lunch? Going to Madrid solo in a few weeks and wanted to book a place or two, but wasn't sure that type of quality place would be welcoming of giving up a table for just the one person.
                                                                                                              I go all the time by myself, the wife is happier in burgerking so saves us a lot. I have always had good experiences, i usually have the full tasting menu and never feel unwelcome. Let me know when and where and I might join you, can fly for 20 euro

Comment

jaysus. Only 20% of people 18-34 voted tories, about 62% for Labour. The tories have become the FF of Britain.

I am not sure why this is a surprise.

Comment

...

Comment

I was in Naas yesterday, took 5 pubs before there was one showing the Eire match - poor form. Lot of 'closed' signs on businesses too.

Did have a nice meal in Mr Lims though.
                                                                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Yeah, I'd expect that. Also, these days while political views might in theory still go right as people get older, it seems to me that there is just a "dying off" period for older people until the younger generation's political views are carried into government.

Comment

LolCork can't get their stadium finished in time so Killarney gets the Munster final. Shambles

Comment

Just didn't think it was that extreme a divide between young and older voters! Like you're positively a weirdo if you vote tory under 35.
                                                                                                                          The whole election being run on brexit politics means that yes you would be a weirdo to vote tory if your over 35 also but you can only be delusional with nostalgia if you lived through it.

It is only the old people who want a return to the good old days of Thatcher - British steel forging the worlds greatest machines, winning wars of critical strategic importance on exotic islands half a world away and even the terrorists had white faces and spoke English.

You cant really blame the British people for returning a hung parliament when one side is making promises that cannot be kept to build a utopia and the other side is making promises that cannot be kept to build dystopia.

Best case scenario for all concerned is if the Gay leader of the Scottish Torries decides that she wont work with the incredibly anti gay DUP and scuppers the govt allowing for both parties to draw for new leaders and go back to the polls later in the year. If the whole thing falls apart quickly enough it is the best possible voting outcome for all concerned really.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X