Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    60% to 40% is a landslide in any political contest.

Reagan won one of the biggest landslides of all time in 1984, with 59%.
    I'm being trolled! Anyway, I assume he'll have to make Coveney Tanaiste now given the spanking he took by the party membership.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
      What about the limitations on transaction speed/size?
      Not looked into it much so could be missing something but...increase the block size? I realise that there would be strong pushback as it goes against decentralisation (less miners due to more powerful hardware needed) but due to Moores law that problem goes away? Maybe use segwit in the shorterm but I don't know much about that. To me it boils down to being a solvable flaw, the real flaw is a community of nerds in charge
      Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-06-17, 19:37.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
        I'm being trolled! Anyway, I assume he'll have to make Coveney Tanaiste now given the spanking he took by the party membership.
        I assume so. And farm him out to Foreign Affairs for now.

Obviously awaiting the delicious moment in about 2 years when he has his first cabinet reshuffle. And sacks the whiny streak of Cork piss! Ha!

Anyway; how did you vote in the SF Northern leadership election? Oh yeah - nobody got a vote in that one. How did you feel about that?
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

His ministerial career doesn't matter one iota.
              Does not matter I suppose your past work history does not matter if going for a promotion?Well he is in now but like the rest think he will make duck all difference sure has he full faith in a bent police commissioner?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                  Coveney was almost as dull as Enda
                  That's exactly why I preferred him over Leo. Safer pair of hands imo. Varadkar just seems like a one trick pony to me. That trick being seeming like something new, just cause he doesn't do the overly schooled, trained not to answer a question at all, like most of them.
                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Rock am Ring evacuated due to a "concrete threat" to the festival.

Comment

Revenue and their harry potteresque 'inspector of taxes' have been hounding me to fill out my tax return as they think I owe them money, and taking swipes at my hillary Clinton level email scandal for sending them an 'unsecure' email with my p60 in it. Now they owe me 200 euro. Bit of a beat as it shows how little work my linkedfinance has been doing for me

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Corbyn is blowing this debate out of the water
                          Hmmmm. Of course he is.

Comment

I hadn't really come across Corbyn before this week, just blindly accepted the very commonly expressed view in the media that he was a clown, total liability, etc... Have watched him speak in two live debates this week and have been really impressed. Much more assured than May, who suffers from a critical weakness when it comes to elections - she seems like a complete heartless bitch.

Funny that in Ireland I'm a Fine Gael/Labour voter (on boards.ie they'd have you believe that FG are some kind of hard right party), whereas if I were in the UK I'd be voting Labour and obviously the Dems in the US. The reality is the FG are left of centre when compared to most parties worldwide surely!

Comment

He's some balls sticking to his really unpopular views re IRA, no first nuclear strike, etc...! Jesus, if that were me I'd be making appeasing noises to the red faced angry people shouting at me.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                He's some balls sticking to his really unpopular views re IRA, no first nuclear strike, etc...! Jesus, if that were me I'd be making appeasing noises to the red faced angry people shouting at me.
                                It is refreshing too to hear his honesty about plans to raise taxes

Comment

Comment

Loved the audience roars of discontent when he wouldn't agree off-hand to the mass obliteration of millions of people through nuclear warfare. Then Dimbleby comes in with the classic "but it's the most expensive weapon in your arsenal, it would be almost wasteful to not destroy entire races with it". Never change Brits, never change, you absolute lunatics.
                                    Almost 30 years ago "Yes Prime Minister" was satirising the current situation in Ukraine. Shows the futility of nuclear weapons.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                        It is refreshing too to hear his honesty about plans to raise taxes
                                        Yeah, people love that message.

Comment

A wild icky just appeared an then like a fart in the wind was gone

Comment

Yeah, people love that message.
                                            Hence why it's so refreshing, together with the fact he seems to be getting away with it.

Comment

Run in with an ol biddy on the golf course. Snap hooked a drive onto her fairway. Excuse me we are playing this hole . Yes I know Mary but you haven't even reached your ball yet . You should wait she said. Listen missus your 50 yard monster drive is still up there and you will be past me when I'm shooting. What is the problem. ?
                                              Well you shouldn't be on this fairway. Took my shot , unusually a good shot to the fringe. Nice recovery her friend said. I smiled and said I wasn't sick. Meanwhile my morto friend was waiting patiently to die. I was hot.

Comment

Had another golfing biddy story but it got deleted.

The Boyz in Portmahomack had it right

Comment

Im very confused watching Twin Peaks, i would probably be worried if i understood it.

One of the best scenes this year though has to be in episode 4, "Wally", i must have watched it 4 or 5 times at this stage, its not a spoiler or anything but im still not sure what i was watching !
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Fair play Leo some man..But whats all the fuss about?Black leader, female leader...New leader of Fine Gael, new leader of Fine Fail, same difference...they could be a former Catholic priest that is now a converted gay transgender Libyan buddist and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference. Small country...
                                                    Usual "parish" politics. Expect Dublin West, particularly Castleknock to get reap the benefits. Show me how wrong ill be in a couple of months. .. Move along now get a mortgage nothing to see here...
                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

#NotMyAvril

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

did a spread bet selling at 390 seats for conservatives at General Election when 390-395. Currently at 365-370.

Do I cash out at 20x stake or hold on?

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                          did a spread bet selling at 390 seats for conservatives at General Election when 390-395. Currently at 365-370.

Do I cash out at 20x stake or hold on?
                                                          So either, the corybn juggernaut will keeping gaining speed

OR

as per usual, the tories will nick a few points back in the final days when Me Fein "undecided" middle class English people decide the prefer paying for stuff up front rather than paying for them in taxes

figure out which is more likely and that is your answer

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                            So the other day, i figured out who actually caused Brexit:

SPOILER

Because they created this:

SPOILER

&

SPOILER
                                                            Bizarre. Was listening to this yesterday and it references the effect of Saturday Night Live on Sarah Palin in 2008 US Presidential election in exactly the same context as the above.

Revisionist History is Malcolm Gladwell's journey through the overlooked and the misunderstood. Click now to listen to the Revisionist History podcast on Pushkin Industries.

Worth listening to.

Comment

Main house moving day yesterday. Got off to an awful start. I was taking a half day but got stuck in work for an extra couple of hours, and the sky installer lad broke our telly. Mitchell was near the middle of the floor for various reasons, and my wife asked him to move it to the plug socket, and he grabbed in with one hand by the top of the screen and tried to lift it up. It happened too quickly for my wife to tell him to stop being a twat, and when she turned on the telly and saw lines across and up and down the screen as well as a thumb sized area not working, he pretty much said that he didn't do it at first.

He seemed to accept that we were going to report it to sky anyhow and he gave details of who to call, etc, and a sky person calling on Tuesday to have a look. Hopefully get a decent new telly or relevant funds out of it, but I'm sure they'll try to pawn a smaller TV off on us at best.

The rest of the day was much more productive though, but a hard slog.

Comment

Spread was 36 for this

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  Main house moving day yesterday. Got off to an awful start. I was taking a half day but got stuck in work for an extra couple of hours, and the sky installer lad broke our telly. Mitchell was near the middle of the floor for various reasons, and my wife asked him to move it to the plug socket, and he grabbed in with one hand by the top of the screen and tried to lift it up. It happened too quickly for my wife to tell him to stop being a twat, and when she turned on the telly and saw lines across and up and down the screen as well as a thumb sized area not working, he pretty much said that he didn't do it at first.

He seemed to accept that we were going to report it to sky anyhow and he gave details of who to call, etc, and a sky person calling on Tuesday to have a look. Hopefully get a decent new telly or relevant funds out of it, but I'm sure they'll try to pawn a smaller TV off on us at best.

Fight hard.. Get new TV plus free sky for possibly 12 months
                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Need a hand with anything give us a shout

Comment

Lions were gash.

Sexton, Best and Henderson all had very off days from an Irish perspective.

Teo was good. Moriarty and Faletau good too.

Was really hoping for a last gasp winner from the Barbarians tbh.

Hope it was mostly jet-lag based malaise, because it really was very poor from a lot of them.

Comment

I'm backing the Blues and Crusaders now and taking it from there, not inconceivable they lose every match from here on imo

Comment

100% this. History repeatedly tells us that first to market virtually always beats 'technically better, but later'. VHS/Betamax, and something about electricity (AC vs DC?) being famous examples. Albeit not famous enough for me to remember either example specifically. Ergo, if going to bet, then bet on bitcoin.

* Gold being another. An imperfect dodgy hedge that has stuck it out against much better options because it was the first hedge in town
                                                                          What? AC was superior, and DC probably had the initial upperhand being backed by Edison. Betamax also beat VHR to market.

As well how important is first mover advantage when there's no real physical infrastructure or sunk costs involved. Switching coin is relatively effortless and
                                                                          Bitcoin's market share is continuously declining.

I think history shows that the easier to use and better marketed product tends to win out. Whoever makes a coin that is desirable to more than nerds, libertarians and drug dealers wins imo.
                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-06-17, 11:35.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                            Credit it to the community of Dublin.

Comment

Just passed an absolutely mangled motorbike on Malahide Rd. Can't imagine the biker came out of it well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                                                                Credit it to the community of Dublin.
                                                                                You and me could go into the removals business if we get 5star on top of Andy's business. We'll be flat out

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                  What? AC was superior, and DC probably had the initial upperhand being backed by Edison. Betamax also beat VHR to market.

As well how important is first mover advantage when there's no real physical infrastructure or sunk costs involved. Switching coin is relatively effortless and
                                                                                  Bitcoin's market share is continuously declining.

I think history shows that the easier to use and better marketed product tends to win out. Whoever makes a coin that is desirable to more than nerds, libertarians and drug dealers wins imo.
                                                                                  It is surely whoever is the last to get the security and annonimity hacked. I imagine that there is a lot of global resources being poured into tracing bit coin transactions.

Comment

Ta. Wife's brother and father helped move all the stuff, we just have to rearrange it inside the house now and unpack boxes. I also have to move the last few bits from old apartment (light and small mostly), paint a room and ensuite and clean the place as well as put away all the stuff we moved, and then I'm done. That simple. Should hopefully have most of it all done by Monday, the most painful bit is over now.

Comment

Ta. Wife's brother and father helped move all the stuff, we just have to rearrange it inside the house now and unpack boxes. I also have to move the last few bits from old apartment (light and small mostly), paint a room and ensuite and clean the place as well as put away all the stuff we moved, and then I'm done. That simple. Should hopefully have most of it all done by Monday, the most painful bit is over now.
                                                                                      Welcome to the neighbourhood

Comment

Unpacking party at Tom's. Byob.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Juve on pens @10s done.

Would've expected 16s but meh

Comment

Never does it in the big games

Comment

Gooooolaaazzzzzzzooooo

Comment

Gooooolaaazzzzzzzooooo
                                                                                                    Does Navas not have a better chance of saving that if he uses his left hand. Never understand keepers going with the near hand if its looping over, is it a coached thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                      Does Navas not have a better chance of saving that if he uses his left hand. Never understand keepers going with the near hand if its looping over, is it a coached thing?
                                                                                                      Surely his left hand would be lower, as he was jumping to the left?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Lower but further away and capable of a far longer stretch surely, especially if his right has no chance of getting high enough?

Meh, what do ii know, played in goal once in a Kennedy Cup match & let in three!

Comment

The re-emerging buzz word from service staff is 'Pal'. Said in a dense tone which indicates its no complimentary comment. It's the equivilent to 'Good man'. At least you can reply slice pan to good man but Pal is hard to counteract.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                            I'm backing the Blues and Crusaders now and taking it from there, not inconceivable they lose every match from here on imo
                                                                                                            What odds? What handicap if any think the blues cap is -8. In fairness didn't see it but lot of the lads not played together before. Will take a while for new systems crash it up the middle with big centres Gatlands favourite

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              I'd generally assume RD3 and to a slightly lesser extent SP, are just joshing when they post on soccerball. If I ever mention soccer, please ignore it. I find paint drying, or grass growing, in real time, more enjoyable and interesting.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                              Surely his left hand would be lower, as he was jumping to the left?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m8F-s2f9no
                                                                                                              I'm assuming the paint has dried?

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                What odds? What handicap if any think the blues cap is -8. In fairness didn't see it but lot of the lads not played together before. Will take a while for new systems crash it up the middle with big centres Gatlands favourite
                                                                                                                NZ province barbarians hadn't ever played together either tbh.

Comment

DDIITBG

Comment

Heart big Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                                      DDIITBG
                                                                                                                      ANPB
                                                                                                                      ABFB
                                                                                                                      ASB

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                        NZ province barbarians hadn't ever played together either tbh.
                                                                                                                        Never thought of that was talking to ex Irish player who was on tour there in 1992 he said the physical beating they took in even tour matches was unreal win 3 lost 5 and lost the two tests. This was before pro era it's a huge opportunity for non all blacks to show case there game to prospective employers .
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 03-06-17, 20:44.

Comment

One for SP. A few 12 week bans have been handed out recently for non physical incidents with officials. Should be a lengthy ban for this

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X