Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
    BBV used to be the source of sanity. The last bastion. Now el stuntman is passing on drama and woodwork is deemed life threatening. Is there any way back for the BBV after this. Collie and Dobby already gone mad Ted .

Btw . I got chills.
    They’re multiplying
    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      Loving this at the moment. Although a bit guilty as shouldn't be eating the emergency stock. Big lovely flakey pork mixed with lentilles.

Ooooh baby. Although I do prefer the lentils with Toulouse sausage myself.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Feck all sport to be had, but opera galore https://www.metopera.org/about/press...virus-closure/
        Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
        https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
          They’re multiplying
          Dupe dupe dupe. Sunday night fever . ( staying alive staying alive)

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
            My source is generally spot on with this type of stuff but only time will tell I guess.
            Funny a girl I know who would have ears in some inner circles said that it wasn't BS but she would be prone to a little hysteria so I brushed it off. Now between your comments and a few of the other recent posts here, I am swinging the other way.

Opr

Comment

Going to inflict this on my children tomorrow. If the covid doesn't get 'em, the culture will.

Comment

This is what we get for opening the pubs on good frida

Venus shinning bright tonight ? Or am I drifting into the light.

Comment

Central Banks going going all in to prop up the markets.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                    Funny a girl I know who would have ears in some inner circles said that it wasn't BS but she would be prone to a little hysteria so I brushed it off. Now between your comments and a few of the other recent posts here, I am swinging the other way.

Opr
                    Paging Collie. Paging Collie. Armageddon sex ?

Comment

Originally posted by ComradeCollie View Post
                      George Lee looking terrified on the RTE news.
                      I thought he was fantastic. His tone was exactly appropriate for the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                        Ooooh baby. Although I do prefer the lentils with Toulouse sausage myself.
                        Yes! And so easy to make from scratch. One of our favourite winter dishes. Let's not forget the lardons.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

One of the guys on my team, not a drama queen by any means, texted me to say there'll be a government announcement tonorrow at 11 closing everything except supermarkets. And for those only to be open 3 hours a day.
                            Which sounds like a recipe for unmitigated panic.

Either way (and I'm sure the above must be bs), looking forward to going down the shraaap route amd eating nothing but tinned French delicacies for the next few weeks. And maybe learning how to trap squirrels.
                            My auntie was chatting to her neighbours best friend who knows a lad who read on Facebook that it's Tuesday morning.
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Paging Collie. Paging Collie. Armageddon sex ?
                              Never thought I'd see the day when I miss viruses like HIV. At least you had some fun when you were risking infection. Simpler times
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Seems they've sorted out the payment method for employees of closed businesses. Fair play. Explained in about the third of the tweets here. https://mobile.twitter.com/adriancum...99613632401410
                                So they still pay us and the company just claims it back after? We have to do nowt?

Comment

Informed the kids that yes, they will get up at the same time as normal. Yes, we will write down a school routine and stick to it. Yes, they will eat healthy. Yes, they will do exercise every day. Yes, they should see this as an opportunity to learn new things. No, they won't get tablets or tv until I am happy.

8 y/o looks like she's buying it. 13 y/o looks like she wants to put herself up for adoption.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                      FAO: RDIII

As said, I'm sure it must be BS.

If not, I told you that you would regret not getting sheep in to keep the grass down.
                                      Although at least the zombie mob won't descend on you demanding lamb.

Comment

Thou shalt not covid thy neighbours wife.
                                        (My fault all. Sorry )

My fav reason so far. Read your bible lads.

Comment

Thou shalt not covid thy neighbours wife.
                                          (My fault all. Sorry )

My fav reason so far. Read your bible lads.
                                          Or his ass.

Comment

Or his ass.
                                            Tuesday 17th March. Ain't Patrick's day.

*bad jokes will help you accept death more easily.

Comment

Feels like I'm waiting before the Battle of Winterfell.
                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I have to say the more I read, hear and think about this situation the more grateful I am. I have a lot of sympathy for folk who’s jobs are likely to disappear, who are juggling minding kids in an apt or an insecure rental scenario, or can’t afford to stock up.

And that’s ignoring old folk and people with health issues who must be absolutely bricking it...my mother left her job on Thursday as a SNA in a special needs school with kids with a lot of underlying health conditions, and all she could think was how many would not make it and she may not see again.

Reasons to be grateful

1. Both myself and the Mrs are able to work from home, and our employers are comfortably in a position to continue to pay us. Fortunate enough to be able to have about 3 weeks worth of food in the house without any drama. I was slow cooking lamb and the Mrs baking brownies today like...#lockdownliving

2. Little Miss V is relatively easy to manage between us and we have loads of space and room for her to to run around and play inside and out without leaving our home. Of course we’ll eventually get bored and irritable but honestly it will be very minor.

3. We’re out the country away from the madness and zombie brain eating apocalypse but with fibre broadband for illegally watching TV or legally watching Netflix.

4. I have a load of gardening and DIY jobs that I’ve been planning for a while so lots to occupy myself for the next 10/12 weeks.

Fucking blessed here. I never felt like a part of the 1% before but I do now.
                                                ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

You must be flooded though. And the price of beef is shocking, so it is.

Comment

...My partners friend is a paramedic..They had a meeting today.. leo holding a conference tomorrow at 11:00am,...Pretty much locking down from midnight tomorrow/Tuesday 08:00, not allowed outside unless proper reason, limit on people in shops, been monitored by army... She was there when he was telling his wife, who was obviously extremely pissed off and worried about it all...He said the amount of calls to houses for people that have it is so much more than is being told that it is shocking... They were also told there is an 80%-90% chance that they will catch it... I know there is massive hysteria and WhatsApp going around all week, but I'd be pretty sure he is legit and not lying about it...
                                                    ...Also, looking at the coronavirus cases, Italy and spain look like they're gonna be fucked for awhile...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                      My auntie was chatting to her neighbours best friend who knows a lad who read on Facebook that it's Tuesday morning.
                                                      Tell him it’s still Sunday

Comment

Well tell them it's really Sunday night

Comment

The Fed just ran out of toilet paper
                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Mate of mine sent me a photo of him having a pint in the Oval on Abbey Street earlier. Garda have just been in and cleared the place out. It's happening.

Comment

I stopped paying heed to anything when I came across someone authoritatively writing about expundental growth earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                The Fed just ran out of toilet paper
                                                                ...Futures already hitting low limit, I was hopeful of a good monday then getting out...

Comment

Did anyone else find these two videos eerily similar?

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                    ...My partners friend is a paramedic..They had a meeting today.. leo holding a conference tomorrow at 11:00am,...Pretty much locking down from midnight tomorrow/Tuesday 08:00, not allowed outside unless proper reason, limit on people in shops, been monitored by army... She was there when he was telling his wife, who was obviously extremely pissed off and worried about it all...He said the amount of calls to houses for people that have it is so much more than is being told that it is shocking... They were also told there is an 80%-90% chance that they will catch it... I know there is massive hysteria and WhatsApp going around all week, but I'd be pretty sure he is legit and not lying about it...
                                                                    ...Also, looking at the coronavirus cases, Italy and spain look like they're gonna be fucked for awhile...
                                                                    Does your partner's friend know that we have about 10x as many shops as army personnel?

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                      Doesnt sound very likely to happen. Also dont think this army guy would just have a conversation like that in front of a "civilian". Think there will be some kind of lock down but not as you describe with army everywhere. There arent enough of them for starters.

Comment

Does your partner's friend know that we have about 10x as many shops as army personnel?
                                                                        I have heard it will only be Aldi's that will stay open. That is another measure to encourage people to stay away as long as possible.

Opr

Comment

If it was the case all the BS rumours are true it’s a Good thing our army aren’t involved in anything high stakes geopolitics wise
                                                                          Loose lips sink ships

Comment

exceptionally grim article

The coronavirus epidemic in the UK will last until next spring and could lead to 7.9 million people being hospitalised, a secret Public Health England (PHE) briefing for senior NHS officials reveals.

Comment

We've 7000 people in the army.
                                                                              We have 140 Dunnes, 140 Aldi, 150 Tesco, 160 Lidl and 220 Supervalu.

So I don't think your 10x can be correct.
                                                                              Though obviously I've left out Spars/Centras, Mace, garages and independents.

But it seems theoretically possible that you could have 2 army personnel at every store of the Big 5, which presumably amount to 70%+ of our food shopping.

Comment

I guess this is seriously going to affect the importation of all kinds of illegal narcotics into the state
                                                                                Some fiending going on I’d say
                                                                                Also light a candle for the potless degens after Cheltenham

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                  If it was the case all the BS rumours are true it’s a Good thing our army aren’t involved in anything high stakes geopolitics wise
                                                                                  Loose lips sink ships
                                                                                  Must say I've been mulling this and tend to agree.
                                                                                  For instance I'd be slightly surprised if the word had filtered down to the humble beat gardai that Satnav was talking to, such that they were able to give a specific time of the start of the lockdown. I'd have thought it would only be at top-brass level (superintendent or above) at this stage.
                                                                                  Or maybe I'm underestimating how leaky the force is.

Comment

Did anyone else find these two videos eerily similar?
                                                                                    Thats exactly what I thought when I saw it.

I thought this was very powerful.

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                    Sound on. Awfully grim but a dose of reality.

My daughter in law is feeling the pressure, her family are from that area and her aunt who lives with them is mid 60's and has MS. Because they are producing food they are continuing to work also half the family are doctors working right at the coal face one of them a senior orthopaedic surgeon in Milan was saying he's stopped all but urgent surgery and they are not really managing. They are now shipping out covid cases to hospitals in the South where they have some small bit of capacity left.
                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      We've 7000 people in the army.
                                                                                      We have 140 Dunnes, 140 Aldi, 150 Tesco, 160 Lidl and 220 Supervalu.

So I don't think your 10x can be correct.
                                                                                      Though obviously I've left out Spars/Centras, Mace, garages and independents.

But it seems theoretically possible that you could have 2 army personnel at every store of the Big 5, which presumably amount to 70%+ of our food shopping.
                                                                                      Our trad songs will be interesting in the future

For you stole some Aldi corn so your young might see the morn. So they shot you in the head near the loading bay.

Comment

GFYAJ

You and your wiki head

Comment

...

Comment

Loose lips sink ships
                                                                                            So true.Whatsapp messages for Comms. Facebook groups for announcements. Pictures of unsigned letters.
                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

...

Comment

I guess this is seriously going to affect the importation of all kinds of illegal narcotics into the state
                                                                                                Some fiending going on I’d say
                                                                                                Also, light a candle for the potless degens after Cheltenham
                                                                                                Queues round the blocks in Amsterdam today at the coffee shops following the news that they will be closing. That is some proper isolation stocking up. To hell with the alcohol, give everyone a few spliffs to calm the nation for a few weeks. We have a far better chance of people staying indoors for longer.

Opr

Comment

Well the garda that spoke to satnav seemed to think it was happening. Satnav is obviously just repeating what she was directly told.

So it's hard to see exactly where the miscommunication could be.
                                                                                                  Obviously not doubting satnav.
                                                                                                  My only explanation would be that that guard had heard/read the same rumour on his gardabuddies WhatsApp group, and believed them. Or that he didn't want to say that he didn't actually have an idea what was happening.

Comment

]

Obviously not doubting satnav.
                                                                                                    My only explanation would be that that guard had heard/read the same rumour on his gardabuddies WhatsApp group, and believed them. Or that he didn't want to say that he didn't actually have an idea what was happening.
                                                                                                    I'm as green as ye, we'll find out truth tomorrow no doubt. I'm only reporting what I've been told and also from a girl arguing with her ex on taking kids next few days who can't as he's being deployed in army.

I'm now looking at pics of hired cars with garda stamps all over them.
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Must say I've been mulling this and tend to agree.
                                                                                                      For instance I'd be slightly surprised if the word had filtered down to the humble beat gardai that Satnav was talking to, such that they were able to give a specific time of the start of the lockdown. I'd have thought it would only be at top-brass level (superintendent or above) at this stage.
                                                                                                      Or maybe I'm underestimating how leaky the force is.
                                                                                                      My beat gardai mates have been told nothing other than 12 hour shifts from Monday on, no excuses.

Canada probably a few days behind Europe. We were told we might get an email over the weekend but no sign so far, a tiny office so just one guy to make the call so not a shock he hasnt told us anything yet. Just going to go in, take what I need and go home tomorrow.

Had an interview lined up for tomorrow too, think I'll just cancel it now.
                                                                                                      Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 16-03-20, 00:08.

Comment

Biden seems to have a bit of a dry cough.

Comment

Wonder if this showcase of what a very contagious disease can do without a vaccine will change the minds of some of the people who are not sure about getting their kids their shots.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                            Wonder if this showcase of what a very contagious disease can do without a vaccine will change the minds of some of the people who are not sure about getting their kids their shots.
                                                                                                            Not a hope. Mate of mine is an anti vaxxer (I just discovered during this whole corona thing) and he is as headstrong as ever.

In fact, he doesn't believe the pandemic as bad as everyone is saying.
                                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                              Not a hope. Mate of mine is an anti vaxxer (I just discovered during this whole corona thing) and he is as headstrong as ever.

In fact, he doesn't believe the pandemic as bad as everyone is saying.
                                                                                                              Be no fucking injections in this house I didnt allow Mia even get the cervical one. I'm anti anti vac and so is Mia. She is convinced this is a man made virus.
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                Be no fucking injections in this house I didnt allow Mia even get the cervical one. I'm anti anti vac and so is Mia. She is convinced this is a man made virus.
                                                                                                                Ah Michelle.

Please

Comment

Vaccines aren't opt in opt out. The HPV virus causes cervical cancer. In order for my daughter, or Mia's schoolfriends and peers to avoid it is for Mia, and everyone else to be vaccinated against it. If enough people get vaccinated the virus has nowhere to go, that's herd immunity.

Herd immunity saves lives. It doesn't work when people trust Facebook scare stories over science and decide to opt out.

You opting out risks Mia's life, and my daughters lives.

Please don't be anti vax, anti science.

Comment

Ah Michelle.

Please
                                                                                                                    After reading Vera Duffys book I'm done with vaccines fuck that.

I don't know one single person that I grew up with that died of cervical cancer I'm 49.

Chanel got injection, ended up with migraines and depression and lots of gp visits, please allow me my decisions.....
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

No average most common cancer vaccines yet no?

Sorry but I'm anti..
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                                        Awesome. Glad to see you made the move. Probably best of both worlds, getting paid and the people staying away whilst you discover the South of France!
                                                                                                                        Some odd fish around pub last few days, so we all a bit concerned about being in contact with virus, had to work for a bit today when thought I was done, pretty sure it's just lack of sleep but either body just shutting down/relaxing and need to catch up on sleep or gonna have to kill some fool
                                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 16-03-20, 00:58.

Comment

Pop into schools pump injections into teenagers all around Ireland. Just like that

! Oh sign the form etc

Why was there no injection for breast cancer, I know people who got breast cancer?

Breast cancer can kill too. I don't trust that pharma hype

Give it 12 months, they be hopping into schools with the covid injection while millions die of all forms of cancer but yet just like that an unknown killer disease they have a prevention.. Nah sorry not buying it
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X