Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    What channel is Ireland game on later? Has no idea they were playing till just now
    Eir Sport 2.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 01-06-17, 21:34.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

The term 'carbon emissions' annoys me. If you don't realise the difference or are not concerned about the difference between chemical compounds, go and pour yourself a nice refreshing glass of H2O2.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
          Penalty shootout about to start in the Womens Champions Lrague Final on Eurosport2 if anyone needs a footie fix.
          Squeaky gee time

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            The term 'carbon emissions' annoys me. If you don't realise the difference or are not concerned about the difference between chemical compounds, go and pour yourself a nice refreshing glass of H2O2.
            I am going nowhere near Dihydrogen Monoxide:

Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.

Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.

Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.

DHMO is a major component of acid rain.

Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.

Contributes to soil erosion.

Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.

Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.

Exposure decreases effectiveness of automobile brakes.

Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.

Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.

Often associated with killer cyclones in the U.S. Midwest and elsewhere, and in hurricanes including deadly storms in Florida, New Orleans and other areas of the southeastern U.S.
            Thermal variations in DHMO are a suspected contributor to the El Nino weather effect.

Comment

Macron ending his speech about the Paris agreement saying "make our planet great again"

If he was honest with the French electorate and told them he would spend most of his time trolling Trump he would have probably got about 80% of the final vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                The liveline whinge was most excellent.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Sy's line in the new Fargo was class

SPOILER
                  “That I decided to what? Turn on you? Join forces with your leptard brother and his syphilitic floozy so I could turn millions into thousands?”

Comment

Let's go Cavs....

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      Sy's line in the new Fargo was class

SPOILER
                      “That I decided to what? Turn on you? Join forces with your leptard brother and his syphilitic floozy so I could turn millions into thousands?”
                      Show is just unbelievably good.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                        I wasn't arguing the point. Merely answering the question about when the MMR is given. If I had been worried I would not have given my kids the injection. All 3 are up to date with all injections except the eldest who isn't getting her final HPV injection (done in 3 parts)
                        Give her the injection. If she catches HPV it will mutate into cervical cancer. It's as simple as this; she has a much , much higher chance of catching HPV than she does of having an adverse reaction to the vaccine. And given she's already had two of them, that's basically not going to happen. Not getting the 3rd injection is real stupid at this point.

You also need to change doctors. The one you have is an idiot
                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Started watching House of Cards last night and was a bit bored as it didn't match up to the real-life drama of the Trump presidency.
                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Someone was feeling it.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                              Give her the injection. If she catches HPV it will mutate into cervical cancer. It's as simple as this; she has a much , much higher chance of catching HPV than she does of having an adverse reaction to the vaccine. And given she's already had two of them, that's basically not going to happen. Not getting the 3rd injection is real stupid at this point.

You also need to change doctors. The one you have is an idiot
                              She isn't allowed to get it, it wasn't my decision. It was deemed dangerous to her because of her heart condition and because she is not allowed certain drugs which would be needed with a severe reaction.

So I am not stupid...

I actually think that I said in the very first post I mentioned it that she was not allowed to get it. The medical staff who were at school administering it called me as they were terrified with the way she reacted to the second one. The deemed it not safe to go further.

Actually just noticed the last bit. Cardiologists are FAR from idiots... but if you fancy a walk to Crumlin and check with Terry Prendeville and tell him your thoughts work away

This is from a Government site

"Is there anyone who should not get an HPV vaccine?

Some people should not get the HPV vaccine or should wait.

Anyone who has ever had a life-threatening allergic reaction to any component of HPV vaccine, or to a previous dose of HPV vaccine, should not get the vaccine.
                              If you or your child is considering receiving Gardasil 9 or Gardasil, tell your doctor about any severe allergies, including an allergy to yeast.
                              If you or your child is considering receiving Cervarix, tell your doctor about any severe allergies, including an allergy to latex.
                              HPV vaccine is not recommended for pregnant women. However, receiving HPV vaccine when pregnant is not cause for alarm. Women who are breastfeeding may get the vaccine.
                              People who are mildly ill (low-grade fever of less than 101 degrees, a cold, runny nose, or cough) when a dose of HPV vaccine is planned can still be vaccinated. People with a moderate or severe illness should wait until they are better."
                              Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 02-06-17, 09:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Banter View Post
                                Mug Punter runs good shocker.

Any Breakfast?

Comment

Hero gonna hero

Comment

LOL Wexico

Comment

I know even less about cryptocurrencies than I do about climate change agreements, but --taking it that there's a chance they're going to be important in the future and due to network effects a single coin will dominate--from my limited reading I get the impression that bitcoin and, ethereum are deeply flawed, and will eventually go the way of myspace. So what's the best way to keep abreast of new coins?

Comment

Stock markets way up, guess Trump isn't going to kill us all just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          Great.. I'm sure future generations will be comforted by the stock market doing well in 2017 as they head for high land.

Comment

Not enough in the world for that one.

Comment

So the other day, i figured out who actually caused Brexit:

SPOILER

Because they created this:

SPOILER

&

SPOILER

Comment

Boris episodes of HIGNFY were always the best.

Comment

I know even less about cryptocurrencies than I do about climate change agreements, but --taking it that there's a chance they're going to be important in the future and due to network effects a single coin will dominate--from my limited reading I get the impression that bitcoin and, ethereum are deeply flawed, and will eventually go the way of myspace. So what's the best way to keep abreast of new coins?
                                                  Most likely the One Coin To Rule Them All has yet to be created. If you can identify it you'll be a billionaire but your chances are slim to none right now. Your best bet is to watch the major exchanges for new coins coming online and mine some as each new one appears. One of my mates made a few grand on Dogecoin in this manner.

If I identify one that has a chance of taking over from BTC, I'll of course let yous all know. But most likely improvements will be iterative and you'll need to be actively trading in and out of coins as they rise and fall. I'm sure someone's making a killing doing this but the complexity level is off the charts.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                    Great.. I'm sure future generations will be comforted by the stock market doing well in 2017 as they head for high land.
                                                    Not sure they'll notice 1/10 of a degree in 2100.

Anyway, it's not all bad!

From a quarter to half of Earth’s vegetated lands has shown significant greening over the last 35 years largely due to rising levels of atmospheric carbon dioxide, according to a new study published in the journal Nature Climate Change on April 25.

An international team of 32 authors from 24 institutions in eight countries led the effort, which involved using satellite data from NASA’s Moderate Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer instruments to help determine the leaf area index, or amount of leaf cover, over the planet’s vegetated regions. The greening represents an increase in leaves on plants and trees equivalent in area to two times the continental United States.

Comment

Interesting decision by Canada's CB to back off a blockchain implementation they were looking at

The Bank of Canada has decided to wait longer before implementing blockchain technology to interbank systems. Read more...

It is hard enough to get a good handle on how the obvious usefulness of distributed ledger blockchain technology becomes central bank backed cash.
                                                      I suspect the way it will come into mainstream won't look at all like a mined coin operation but something more like tradable distributed entries representing a diverse collection of asset backed but variable value. This could change the nature of money as what you would have in your wallet would directly represent individual bits of value.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                        Boris episodes of HIGNFY were always the best.
                                                        Well they were, until it becomes apparent that they were the trigger for the 4 horse's of the the Apocalypse

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                          Not sure what to think about that. I happen to be working with a guy who is from down there who said you'd find it hard to get the same guy to have a bottle of cider on a sunny day.

I wasn't talking to anyone about it really but I'm sure if I asked the guys from the club who play with him they'd say he's the last person you would expect to be 'at it'.

The story that he didn't like the taste of the caffeine tablets he was getting so he went off and sourced his own is hard to swallow though. These boys are very clued in about this stuff. I suppose the anti-doping crowd saying he had strong evidence to support the contaminated supplement excuse is in his favour, as is the fact that taking MCA before a game where he was only going to be coming on for 15 minutes is probably a bit pointless as well.

Not sure JB will be playing midfield for Kerry for the next ten years. Be kind of surprised if he is actually.
                                                          O'Sullivan had one major problem that Sports Ireland kind of glossed over: the medication specifically says don't take it without consulting your GP. It's not like he doesn't have easy access to medical care. He could have run that by the Kerry team doctor easily enough. I'm not for a moment suggesting he was "at it" but it's still important that we hold him to task for not following basic protocols. The only way anti-doping works is if we apply strict liability. WADA have been telling people to avoid supplements for years. Just as you say, his excuse doesn't seem to wash.

The real problem here though isn't O'Sullivan. He's one man and one incident. The issue is the response from Sporting Ireland and the GAA. Their collective first instinct was to keep this secret and not give any information even when it went public. This stuff has got to be out in the open. The stink of suspicion is going to keep hanging over this and O'Sullivan's excuse is more suspicious for it.
                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                            Most likely the One Coin To Rule Them All has yet to be created.
                                                            I really don't think this will happen, if it was to it already has and its BTC.
                                                            You got to look at what money really is...
                                                            It starts out as I promise to pay the bearer on demand the equivalent in gold that gets mangled over time to resent the value in the economy of the CB issuing it

BTC's or any mined coin's value represents only the cost of mining the next block. Any penny more is nonsense and any less is the risk that it stops being tradable.

I see the tech enabling a future where all sorts of entities will be allowed issue new blockchain that follow a format and are authorised by a CB within an economy. That could be anything, Apple shares; a personal or business loan; an oil well; a horse or whatever you can dream up yourself. What you end up with is a true representation of the value in an economy. The difficulty is how you aggregate that to a relatively stable value.
                                                            The point is that the technology is less about the issuing of coin which is trivial and much more significant in its potential to create a more accurate implementation of money.

Comment

Probably a mistake to assume something better will be adopted because something else is flawed. BTC = $$$ for the foreseeable future
                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-06-17, 11:19.

Comment

Ronaldo and higuain btts is the crowd powered enhanced on PP. Could get to 12/1

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                  O'Sullivan had one major problem that Sports Ireland kind of glossed over: the medication specifically says don't take it without consulting your GP. It's not like he doesn't have easy access to medical care. He could have run that by the Kerry team doctor easily enough. I'm not for a moment suggesting he was "at it" but it's still important that we hold him to task for not following basic protocols. The only way anti-doping works is if we apply strict liability. WADA have been telling people to avoid supplements for years. Just as you say, his excuse doesn't seem to wash.

The real problem here though isn't O'Sullivan. He's one man and one incident. The issue is the response from Sporting Ireland and the GAA. Their collective first instinct was to keep this secret and not give any information even when it went public. This stuff has got to be out in the open. The stink of suspicion is going to keep hanging over this and O'Sullivan's excuse is more suspicious for it.
                                                                  I'd be extremely skeptical about the whole thing at this stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    I'd be extremely skeptical about the whole thing at this stage.
                                                                    I'd agree. He bought them for burning fat. If he is as innocent as claimed then he should have run it by medical staff. I'd be more inclined to forgive him if it was for genuine asthma or the flu or something.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                        Probably a mistake to assume something better will be adopted because something else is flawed. BTC = $$$ for the foreseeable future
                                                                        What about the limitations on transaction speed/size?

Comment

Election day tomorrow in Malta and from what i gather form the locals, it's going to be an interesting weekend. Results won't come out until Sunday and you go through a sort of 'Purge' 24 hours where everybody drink drives (more than normal) and this and other small crimes are overlooked because there's technically no government. Plenty of fights expected from the extremists from the losing parties who like to go on the rampage and smash things up so generally a day spent mostly indoors.

Monday is a bit of a write off too. It's not a bank holiday but people just don't go to work/school and spend the day on the streets carcading (hanging out of sun roofs/windows flying their flags) and traffic is almost at a standstill. Noise pollution levels will go through the roof because the Maltese love an oul extended honk of the card horn at the best of times and it's been crazy of late.

Also heard that some votes are changing hands for up to €180 a pop on the street. The current government is as corrupt as any that have been in power so nothing surprises me. It's a strange little country at times!

Comment

At least you know how the system works. It;s the only other country in the world with a PR-STV!

Comment

Hail your new Taoiseach peasants!

Comment

Awaiting Strewly rant on Mike Pence.

Comment

I'm older than the French president, and now older than the Taoiseach.

Jaysus.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Annual 'cant beat a bowl of new spuds with salt and butter' post.

Simple things in life really are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                      Election day tomorrow in Malta and from what i gather form the locals, it's going to be an interesting weekend. Results won't come out until Sunday and you go through a sort of 'Purge' 24 hours where everybody drink drives (more than normal) and this and other small crimes are overlooked because there's technically no government. Plenty of fights expected from the extremists from the losing parties who like to go on the rampage and smash things up so generally a day spent mostly indoors.

Monday is a bit of a write off too. It's not a bank holiday but people just don't go to work/school and spend the day on the streets carcading (hanging out of sun roofs/windows flying their flags) and traffic is almost at a standstill. Noise pollution levels will go through the roof because the Maltese love an oul extended honk of the card horn at the best of times and it's been crazy of late.

Also heard that some votes are changing hands for up to €180 a pop on the street. The current government is as corrupt as any that have been in power so nothing surprises me. It's a strange little country at times!
                                                                                      Last night it was like a nightclub was near by. Fireworks going off till 11.30pm and people singing and shouting and horns as Tony said. I expect MORE fireworks than normal.

The kids were told that the school is open but don't expect and teachers or lessons and the school bus is off!

It is a crazy but wonderful little Country. Don't know why I didn't register to vote. A wee €180 would have been nice

Muscat is the most corrupt ever and they hope he gets toppled at the weekend. Even the locals say about the corruption and they said the corruption will be there after this vote but to a lesser level!

Comment

Unreleased track from OK Computer. Not the best track in the world but certainly nice to hear some new music from oldshcool Radiohead.

‘I Promise’ is taken from ‘OK Computer OKNOTOK 1997 2017’ out on XL Recordings. Buy & stream it here: https://radiohead.ffm.to/okcomputeroknotokDirected by: ...

Opr

Comment

First non catholic Taoiseach?

For me that's a fact that needs to be celebrated.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                            Annual 'cant beat a bowl of new spuds with salt and butter' post.

Simple things in life really are the best.
                                                                                            Down in Ventry. Wife had a dickie tummy all day in bed while i did a 10 hour stint entertaining the wains. She arrived down at 5pm feeling better but not hungry. "Sure why dont you stroll down to the pub for some grub for yourself?"

Currently on pint number 3 of Guinness. Bliss.

Comment

...

Comment

Youngest, first gay, first fordner, first jeebus hater. Smashing down the barriers.

Comment

Youngest, first gay, first fordner, first jeebus hater. Smashing down the barriers.
                                                                                                  Will he be any use though? What notable achievements did he do as a minister?

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                      lol I don't know. My previous post is the sum total of everything I know about him.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                          The fact that most of us had no idea what religion he was and didn't care to ask is the thing to be celebrated imo! Is he one of those hands-off-my-cow types? I wouldn't have thought he had any religion tbh, seems a lot more on the rational side of things.
                                                                                                          I'm not sure what religion he may be if any, you'd have to imagine he's atheist anyway.

Can you imagine a non catholic getting to that office twenty years ago? Never mind a gay man.

Comment

Just shows how much we really hate lol cork

Comment

Just shows how much we really hate lol cork
                                                                                                              Coveney was almost as dull as Enda if he is the second best candidate for the role it shows the dearth of talent. They were going to nominate Francis Fitzgerald at some stage.

Comment

Ehhhh, he lost the vote by over 3k votes?
                                                                                                                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                  Took a lesson from Trump and won the vote that mattered.

Although... also like Trump:

Comment

It's an electoral college Lloyd.

Dem's de rules. Jesus, he destroyed Coveney. Contest was over before it started.

If he can translate those skills to the national stage, FF could get seven shades of shite knocked out of them at the next GE.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                      It's an electoral college Lloyd.

Dem's de rules. Jesus, he destroyed Coveney. Contest was over before it started.

If he can translate those skills to the national stage, FF could get seven shades of shite knocked out of them at the next GE.
                                                                                                                      He "destroyed" Coveney yet five TDs would have swung it? Hmm, seems like your indications of Corbyn being a clown
                                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                                                        His ministerial career doesn't matter one iota.

Comment

He "destroyed" Coveney yet five TDs would have swung it? Hmm, seems like your indications of Corbyn being a clown
                                                                                                                          60% to 40% is a landslide in any political contest.

Reagan won one of the biggest landslides of all time in 1984, with 59%.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X