Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can almost sense Lynton Crosby going all Malcolm Tucker on TMPM at the moment whilst Fiona Hill and whatshisname cower in the corner. Bestseller books will be written if they lose this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      How was your vegan yoga party?
      It was great. The food was indeed fairly tasty, could have done with a few prawns in the curry but the there wasn't really enough of it was the main complaint I had.
      Excellent location for a party, it was byob and there was a load of house wine on offer. Earlier in the evening most of the cousins had planned to head off late in the night to join their own friends at various different clubs in town but it turned out that the vibe was so good there that most of those friends ended up coming over to the Vegan Yoga party and it buzzed on into the wee small hours.
      I headed off in time to swing by the other party and everyone there was having a blast too even if they were all a lot more wasted by the time I got there.
      Final score: Vegans 2 Hang Sangwiches 1
      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
        Can almost sense Lynton Crosby going all Malcolm Tucker on TMPM at the moment whilst Fiona Hill and whatshisname cower in the corner. Bestseller books will be written if they lose this.
        Corbyn could only get a result if every poll showed him a clear 15 points behind for the last ten days before polling. Middle ground are more scared of him than they are nauseated by the Tories.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Police in Florida have released dashcam video showing the DUI arrest of Tiger Woods on Monday. (May 31)Subscribe for more Breaking News: http://smarturl.it/A...

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
              Corbyn could only get a result if every poll showed him a clear 15 points behind for the last ten days before polling. Middle ground are more scared of him than they are nauseated by the Tories.
              I'm still setting the bar low and really only hoping for him to limit the Tory gains to 20/25 seats. So anything better would be a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                I know you have a couple of rugrats, I don't think I know one parent that doesn't have at least a niggle in the back of their mind when it comes to vaccination day.

I have a cousin and a good friend who both have autistic children who both swear that they were healthy normal children right up to having the MMR.
                I know it's not a good argument for not getting your child immunized and I didn't consider not getting it for my daughter but you hope that IF the MMR does cause autism in a minority of children, that the odds are in your favour and it won't be your child.

It's not the only time I took my daughter to Germany for medical care but that's another story.
                Signs of Autism are not there at birth and can only show at about 1 which coincides with the MMR. You could also equate it to larger baby clothes, solid food, crawling, drinking water or whatever babies get up to at that age.

Your friends will have had a normal baby until the time of the mmr but the vaccine wont have caused it.

Getting this second hand from the misses who works as a pediatric OT so lots of autism. She is constantly dealing with this particular myth. Lots of scientific studies on this and it is proven to not be connected - mainly genetic with occasional problems arsing from oxygen deprivation at birth.

Comment

Why are the police releasing these videos? Seems bizarre.

Comment

I agree, why release this, it's verging on harassment, I'd say his lawyers took one look at the video and said....."there will be no charges against my client, Right!"

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                      Seems City is on the verge on signing Bernardo Silva from Monaco for 60m - 80m depending to whatever source you listen to. Sick money.
                      Following on from this, looks like City have signed Ederson Moraes, goalkeeper, for £35m, which is insane given they spent £20m on Bravo last year... whom admittedly haven't been great.

They are apparently close to signing 2 or 3 other players also...

Crazy money really, but am looking forward to seeing how they play in autumn.
                      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Has anyone eaten at Osteria Francescana in Modena? Trying to decide if it's worth the money

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          It's the bit that's sticking out for me - I've never seen a major UK politician subjected to such a hammering. And the media narrative and the perceptions of most on here when he became leader was that he was utterly incompetent and unelectable. But now he's on TV and he's doing just fine over and over. More than fine infact - he clearly has a substance about him and he speaks normally and directly. All this avalanche about how he was a clown, it has no basis. So where does this leave us?

It also speaks to something I thought about when he faced down his own parliamentary party - he's resilient as fuck. Despite everything, he's rising to the occasion now. If they gain a single seat over their outgoing number it will represent a kind of stunning political triumph relative to what we've been sold. That's quite unlikely of course still, but that it's even an outside prospect is a testament to how well he's doing.
                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Lib Dems Web Dev has a sense of humour

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                              Has anyone eaten at Osteria Francescana in Modena? Trying to decide if it's worth the money
                              No, but I wouldn't think twice if I had the chance. €250 seems decent tbh, given Guilbaud charges €185 for his tasting menu.

Comment

The UK is now the worst-performing advanced economy in the world, with growth slumping to just 0.2 per cent in the first three months of the year.

It means Britain is bottom of the G7 group of advanced economies, while Canada has surged to the top, with an expansion of 0.9 per cent in the period.
                                and yet...
                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                    No, but I wouldn't think twice if I had the chance. €250 seems decent tbh, given Guilbaud charges €185 for his tasting menu.
                                    I just discovered that Etxebarri and Mugaritz are really close together. Will be easier to convince the wife to make that trip than all the way to Italy for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                      It's the bit that's sticking out for me - I've never seen a major UK politician subjected to such a hammering. And the media narrative and the perceptions of most on here when he became leader was that he was utterly incompetent and unelectable. But now he's on TV and he's doing just fine over and over. More than fine infact - he clearly has a substance about him and he speaks normally and directly. All this avalanche about how he was a clown, it has no basis. So where does this leave us?

It also speaks to something I thought about when he faced down his own parliamentary party - he's resilient as fuck. Despite everything, he's rising to the occasion now. If they gain a single seat over their outgoing number it will represent a kind of stunning political triumph relative to what we've been sold. That's quite unlikely of course still, but that it's even an outside prospect is a testament to how well he's doing.
                                      I hope Corybn wins, England seriously fucked if he doesnt

BUT

His past is a bit of a problem and word from people I know in Islington is that he known to be a bit of a self serving dick

Have no idea whether its illegal, but its massively irresponsible to be out on the road in that state. The fact that he wasn't drunk seems almost irrelevant if he's alternatively a dangerous driver even if by legal means?
                                      Athlete with history of injuries off his tits on pain pills shocker

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                          That makes sense tbh. When is the MMR vac given to babies, around 9-12 months?
                                          Autism can't be properly diagnosed until a child is 18-24 months.
                                          So a child that is autistic would often not show signs until a few months after they've been given the vac.

I think it's acceptable to cut a burger in half if it's too big for your mouth, as long as you eat both halves with your hands.

Ive often cut a burger in half to swap for half of what ever my misses'is having. I get try more things, and still clean up the left overs. Win, win.
                                          Most of my kids were between 12-18 months getting the MMR. not done before they were a year if I remember correctly

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                          What's the standard process for blood tests with a GP?

I was in with mine a while ago as had a bad chest infection. Paid him for the visit and mentioned to him that I wanted to get bloods done as have never done it before just as a check up.

Booked in the blood test and paid for them.

Then got a message that results had come back and to book appointment to see doctor

Went back to see him to be told everything was fine, no issues, took my blood pressure again and charged me half visit fee.

If there was no issue whatsoever, why couldn't I have been told that over the phone when I rang to get the results?

Standard?
                                          Shakedown?
                                          Standard Shakedown?
                                          Must be Dublin and surrounding areas, when I was in Ireland, when you rang for an appointment it gave you two options, 1 for blood results and 2 for an appointment.
                                          No fee for getting results at all. But the results were only avail between 2-4 each day.

Comment

If you take Brexit out of the equation than May is quite clearly a much better choice and Corbyn is a well meaning clown - being a good debator and coming across well in press conferences is all well and good but his policy slate is ridiculous.

You can of course not take Brexit out of the equation - one of histories most monumentally stupid decisions taken by a nation. This does indeed make May an even bigger clown but does not change the fact that Corbyn will be rubbish.

Obv I would vote corbyn in the hopes that brexit will go away if I was in the UK.

To anyone who thinks that sexism is necessarily a bad thing - I say more sexist voters in the UK is the only way forward.

Comment

It was clear two years ago that there was something up with the way they were treating him. Back then I was thinking I've never ever ever heard anything Miliband has said or even seen what he looks like and then every media outlet (and people on here) were slating Corbyn and calling him weak, making fun of his suit being slightly wrong sized etc. The Times would have a picture of him cycling and say he uses a "Mao style" bicycle.

An excerpt of some things I posted two years ago:

Look at how they treat people on welfare in the UK and yet they are gonna vote in robot thatcher:

I'm 42, worked since I was 15. Was made redundant in July, I've had 300 pounds from Universal Credit since I was let go.
                                              I've had no money whatsoever for 3 weeks now, I have visited a food bank, the should call them snack banks, no meat, or veg is given.
                                              I got milk, a tiny box of cereal, some loose pasta in a bag, porridge and some tea cakes.
                                              I'm fucking hungry all the time, having to walk 4 miles a day into town to go online to work search or face benefit sanctions.
                                              I served in the military, I want to work, jobs aren't as easy to come by a people claim. Is this my future now?
                                              I'm borderline depressed, cold as I can't heat my flat, I have a dog I'm struggling to feed, though he will never go hungry on my watch.
                                              I don't like needing help but I do need it, the government are not doing enough to help and support people in my position.
                                              They could have this man!
                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 01-06-17, 12:32.

Comment

Shout out to all NBA fans. Game 1 of the NBA finals is just 12 hours away. Hope it is a repeat of the prior year entertainment.... will be rooting for a cavaliers win again.
                                                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Shout out to all NBA fans. Game 1 of the NBA finals is just 12 hours away. Hope it is a repeat of the prior year entertainment.... will be rooting for a cavaliers win again.
                                                  First time that the same teams face each other for the third year in a row.
                                                  Like you will also be cheering for the Cavs.
                                                  In my opinion its all about if LeBron(as ever) turns up or how affected mentally he is with the attact on his home with racist graffiti on the front gate.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                    Most of my kids were between 12-18 months getting the MMR. not done before they were a year if I remember correctly.
                                                    HSE says first is at 12months (unless travelling before then). Even if some kids are a few months later (13-18 months), it doesn't change the point.
                                                    Autism usually doesn't become apparent until they are around 2 years old.

So you can't see how people buy into the myth. Baby appears like any other baby, baby gets the MMR, then a few months later baby is diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder.
                                                    It's not a connection between the vaccine and autism. It's just the normal timelines for both

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                      If you take Brexit out of the equation than May is quite clearly a much better choice and Corbyn is a well meaning clown - being a good debator and coming across well in press conferences is all well and good but his policy slate is ridiculous.

You can of course not take Brexit out of the equation - one of histories most monumentally stupid decisions taken by a nation. This does indeed make May an even bigger clown but does not change the fact that Corbyn will be rubbish.

Obv I would vote corbyn in the hopes that brexit will go away if I was in the UK.

To anyone who thinks that sexism is necessarily a bad thing - I say more sexist voters in the UK is the only way forward.
                                                      Quite clearly a much better choice? How? Why? She's coming across like a completely incompetent blowhard if I'm honest. And Labour's policy platform seems more thorough and substantial. What's so ridiculous about it? Or rather - if it's ridiculous how is the Conservative's platform not ridiculous?

You should watch this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's more than him being merely a good debater His answer on 15mins is particularly strong to a tough question.

All this talk of him being a clown and a disaster melts away when you actually watch him in action. The media sold a pure pup.
                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I dont think it matters.
                                                        Time and time again, the media (redtops) in the uk decide the election.

Comment

Quite clearly a much better choice? How? Why? She's coming across like a completely incompetent blowhard if I'm honest. And Labour's policy platform seems more thorough and substantial. What's so ridiculous about it? Or rather - if it's ridiculous how is the Conservative's platform not ridiculous?

You should watch this:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It's more than him being merely a good debater His answer on 15mins is particularly strong to a tough question.

All this talk of him being a clown and a disaster melts away when you actually watch him in action. The media sold a pure pup.
                                                          Removing privitisation from transport and health, free education for all, changing to green energy, huge grants for the deprived areas of the UK to stimulate growth (thats most of the UK), closing the wage gap by supporting the wages of those at the bottom (foolish as it will cause a wage spiral and inflation). Nice and inspirational but thoroughly unworkable.

This will be payed for by taxing the 1% more - fair enough but looking to change the margins for FS in London is a dangerous thing to mess with.

Disbanding the UK armed forces as is the plan but even halving it is creating many more unemployed people in the deprived areas so needing even higher grants and those now increased social welfare payments and housing allowances cost more and more.

Basically very naive policy's - lovely in a perfect world of unlimited resources but unworkable.

May is coming across as an incompetent blowhard indeed and very much is but if you compare either to the list of past pm's both are very low on the list. Corbyn is better because he is not doing the world stupidest thing in brexit but his plan is to do lots of pretty stupid things which is not as bad but is still really very bad for the UK.

It is very important that guys like Corbyn have a voice and are heard in political circles to provide balance but they should not be let in charge.

Comment

It would ought to good as its shambolic by American sports standards how much better these two are than everyone. Only one playoff loss between them this year.

Last years finals were pretty crap I thought, game 7 aside the others were fairly drab one sided affairs with them seemingly taking turns game by game to conserve energy. Be good to see them both go hard from game 1.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

You should watch this:

You know, I never actually see answers on these things that would make people reconsider their position, until this video that is. It is usually boring boilerplate shite. That however was very well done.
                                                              Even the guy that was nearly crying asking his question about the IRA was clapping by the end.

Exposure and media will control things for the most part probably but great showing by him.
                                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 01-06-17, 15:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                You know, I never actually see answers on these things that would make people reconsider their position, until this video that is. It is usually boring boilerplate shite. That however was very well done.
                                                                I remember at the time really wishing that the interviewer can gone back to ask the questioner what he thought of the answer.

Comment

Probably that they disagree for some reason, but I would have loved to have seen, in case.

When people are presented with something contrary to their worldview they don't change their mind immediately (in the majority of cases anyway). Ideas niggle and eat at them and then they change their views.

I think the way he talks works well because he has the very rare ability for a politician to actually seem like a normal person.
                                                                  Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 01-06-17, 15:31.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                    I dont think it matters.
                                                                    Time and time again, the media (redtops) in the uk decide the election.
                                                                    You know you're absolutely right. Though I just wonder if there's a tiny chance that they went too far in their attempt to bury him and the delta between what the British public have been told he is and what he comes across as might stir an unexpected reaction at the polls.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                      It would ought to good as its shambolic by American sports standards how much better these two are than everyone. Only one playoff loss between them this year.

Last years finals were pretty crap I thought, game 7 aside the others were fairly drab one sided affairs with them seemingly taking turns game by game to conserve energy. Be good to see them both go hard from game 1.
                                                                      I'd agree that last year's series was forgettable barring the overall narrative and games 5 and 7 (the last five minutes were immense).

Part of a the issue is the styles of both teams - they live and die from three and can both put huge runs together very quickly that kill games. The Warriors are probably the best team of all time, but through LeBron all things are possible, amen.

Comment

You know you're absolutely right. Though I just wonder if there's a tiny chance that they went too far in their attempt to bury him and the delta between what the British public have been told he is and what he comes across as might stir an unexpected reaction at the polls.
                                                                        I think Labour's social media game has been excellent. They've managed to make May look like an incompetent loon, and hid the worst of Corbyn's lunatic fringe away. Will make a big difference this time.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

Unfortunately as we saw in last election, social media skews much more left than the population. So winning social media is just winning votes that were already won. Still a great performance though.
                                                                            Yeah social media seemed quite shocked at the last result.

Comment

Unfortunately as we saw in last election, social media skews much more left than the population. So winning social media is just winning votes that were already won. Still a great performance though.
                                                                              Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                              Yeah social media seemed quite shocked at the last result.
                                                                              I'd say it was more *your* individual social medias that scews to the left or were shocked.

There should be a new sort of bias created for modern day people making broad judgements of wide demographics based on their carefully selected twitter following. Happens all the time.

If you're well learned or informed you're usually going to seek out similar on social media, and it's easy to then think a unanimous agreement or outrage of those followers is representative of the entire population.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                I'd say it was more *your* individual social medias that scews to the left or were shocked.

There should be a new sort of bias created for modern day people making broad judgements of wide demographics based on their carefully selected twitter following. Happens all the time.

If you're well learned or informed you're usually going to seek out similar on social media, and it's easy to then think a unanimous agreement or outrage of those followers is representative of the entire population.
                                                                                That's a nice break from Hitch calling me a fascist.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                  HSE says first is at 12months (unless travelling before then). Even if some kids are a few months later (13-18 months), it doesn't change the point.
                                                                                  Autism usually doesn't become apparent until they are around 2 years old.

So you can't see how people buy into the myth. Baby appears like any other baby, baby gets the MMR, then a few months later baby is diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder.
                                                                                  It's not a connection between the vaccine and autism. It's just the normal timelines for both
                                                                                  I wasn't arguing the point. Merely answering the question about when the MMR is given. If I had been worried I would not have given my kids the injection. All 3 are up to date with all injections except the eldest who isn't getting her final HPV injection (done in 3 parts)

Comment

Comment

That's a nice break from Hitch calling me a fascist.
                                                                                      Tired of winning yet?

You must be delighted that he is willing to destroy the planet to keep the morons of the markets thinking that there are free lunches to be had

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 01-06-17, 19:57.

Comment

That's a hell of a cinema lineup.

The IFI is showing All The President's men soon as part of their Dustin Hoffman festival

Comment

Just started on the more advanced pilot qualification. Requires 7 more written exams before the flight training. Fuck meteorology is a slog, give me quantum mechanics any day. Will be nice to have though as you're much less limited by weather. Still can't find a single person on the island to share a plane with though

Comment

Tired of winning yet?

You must be delighted that he is willing to destroy the planet to keep the morons of the markets thinking that there are free lunches to be had
                                                                                            Could work out for the positive. The way it works today is that the first world cuts and ships the carbon intensive industry to china to much less efficient factories (a ton of steel manufactured in China creates 4x the emissions vs the US)

I'm gonna guess (hope) that it's a negotiating tactic and he'll join back if China agrees to reduce more.

The US is less of an issue, and most businesses are going to keep trying to reduce even without the accord. Not as big of a deal as people are making out imo.

Comment

Could work out for the positive. The way it works today is that the first world cuts and ships the carbon intensive industry to china to much less efficient factories (a ton of steel manufactured in China creates 4x the emissions vs the US)

I'm gonna guess (hope) that it's a negotiating tactic and he'll join back if China agrees to reduce more.

I think you may be confusing Kyoto outcomes with Paris targets.

Its a joke, he doesn't have the intelligence, cop on or have anyone capable around him. Are you really still hanging on to the 'very smart man' delusion
                                                                                              Everyone except Bannon has been pleading with him not to do this he has done it because he cannot handle the flak from the hillbillies if he doesn't pretend to do something for them. This will likely close down developing US solar producers and not a single extra lump of coal will be mined. Its Covefefe level moronic.

Comment

The US is less of an issue, and most businesses are going to keep trying to reduce even without the accord. Not as big of a deal as people are making out imo.
                                                                                                Quelle Surprise
                                                                                                Last edited by Solksjaer!; 01-06-17, 20:24.

Comment

Are you really still hanging on to the 'very smart man' delusion
                                                                                                  Yeah I'm gonna hold onto my belief that the billionaire POTUS is smarter than you think he is
                                                                                                  Last edited by Denny Crane; 01-06-17, 20:32.

Comment

Apparently his own daughter was against the decision.

Damien Thorn

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

This is getting to the level of that time I tried to defend Suarez

Opr

Comment

Yeah I'm gonna hold onto my belief that the billionaire POTUS is smarter than you think he is
                                                                                                            Confusing a lucky crook with a clever man is a very common mistake.

Comment

Got a few colleagues in the National Renewable Energy Lab in Colorado that must be pretty happy they're close to retirement.

Comment

Penalty shootout about to start in the Womens Champions Lrague Final on Eurosport2 if anyone needs a footie fix.

Comment

BCS S03E05
                                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                                  in the courtroom
                                                                                                                  was brilliant. Final shot in particular was gold.

Comment

Confusing a lucky crook with a clever man is a very common mistake.
                                                                                                                    Get your blood pressure checked.

Comment

Given that we've decided it's fine to not to take account of population differences in our charts
                                                                                                                      Don't think we can do much about America being a far more developed country than China.

What about emissions per unit of output though?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                                        Penalty shootout about to start in the Womens Champions Lrague Final on Eurosport2 if anyone needs a footie fix.
                                                                                                                        What channel is Ireland game on later? Has no idea they were playing till just now

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          I see they got 12 & 8 years...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X