Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twitter is comical. They make the 3rd best country in the world to live in seem like Djibouti.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      Ugh, Michael Lowry re-elected on the first count in Tipperary.

People of the premier county really do know how to pick 'em.
      True that.....

Independent candidate Marese Skehan, who died during the week, received 182 first preference votes in Tipperary.
      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ross eliminated tn 6th place.
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
          The poll topper in Clare got 300 odd votes in the locals.

Holy shit.

The brand is strong.
          Same happened today in Longford-Westmeath for Sorca Clarke. Lost her seat in the local election with only 500 votes.

SF is so hot right now.gif

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
            Twitter is comical. They make the 3rd best country in the world to live in seem like Djibouti.
            Worked for Trump and Brexit.

Right Vlad?
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
              Same happened today in Longford-Westmeath for Sorca Clarke. Lost her seat in the local election with only 500 votes.

SF is so hot right now.gif
              What's happening is incredible, historic.
              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                Think of all the old ira stories been brought up regarding the troubles
                She would have 8 more months of apologies to make
                Cause that worked so well the last week?
                "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

What's happening is incredible, historic.
                  As said earlier, the movement in actual seat counts is not all that large:

FG were 50, now ~40
                  FF were 44, now ~40
                  SF were 23, now ~38

Comment

Sitch is right, that little MMA weasel would have romped had he been on the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                      Cause that worked so well the last week?
                      If Mary Loo had dealt with it effectively in the debate, it would have gone away...

Comment

RDIII is a Shinnercaust denier.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                          RDIII is a Shinnercaust denier.
                          The denial is all on the other side of the fence! Not that I have a fence.

There would be no-one more delighted than me when SF manage to deliver fully on their manifesto. After all, it offers free goodies for everyone. And who doesn't like goodies?

Comment

Ugh, Michael Lowry re-elected on the first count in Tipperary.

People of the premier county really do know how to pick 'em.
                            Forgive me.

He was my most solid 7th choice.
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

If Mary Loo had dealt with it effectively in the debate, it would have gone away...
                              I meant using it as a stick to beat SF with worked so well...
                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

FG were 50, now ~40
                                FF were 44, now ~40
                                SF were 23, now ~38
                                A party other than FF or FG is going to top the % vote for the first time since the 1930s. It seems the very definition of historic.

Comment

I meant using it as a stick to beat SF with worked so well...
                                  Mary Loo should maybe get Slab to refresh her on the party line so. She beat herself quite efficiently on camera.

Now there's a horrible image...

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    A party other than FF or FG is going to top the % vote for the first time since the 1930s. It seems the very definition of historic.
                                    Meh, it's not like they have the seats to do anything but form a soggy centrist coalition.

Comment

There would be no-one more delighted than me when SF manage to deliver fully on their manifesto. After all, it offers free goodies for everyone. And who doesn't like goodies?
                                      Wonde what their stance is on the TV License after the way RTE went at them in the last few weeks. Mine's up in a few weeks

Comment

The poll topper in Clare got 300 odd votes in the locals.

Holy shit.

The brand is strong.
                                        She put up a grand total of 30 posters in the entire county of Clare.

The wan they got elected here in Kildare south can beat that though, she went on her holliers during the campaign.
                                        I kid you not , election was called, she fucks off on holidays for two weeks and still tops the poll

This is a mass psychosis on the scale of Trump and Brexit
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I hate to say it but if you take his words literally he is actually right.

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          Meanwhile on planet Healy Rae

Comment

FG were 50, now ~40
                                            FF were 44, now ~40
                                            SF were 23, now ~38
                                            C'mon now. Head needs to come out of the sand imo. What's happening here is seismic. It's not simply a protest vote either, if it was all sorts of rag tags would be romping home.

It's all Sinn Féin. They've done something astounding.

Comment

It's fairly comical to think you could have been a virtual nobody with little to no experience running for SF in this election and you'd most likely have walked into a 100k TD salary by default.

There must be a few lads in and around the party that were considering running that are devastated now.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Duly voted, very quiet in the polling station.

R Bruton FG
                                                Green lad
                                                Labour lad
                                                SD lad
                                                Mad FG wan who called Leo autistic

Thought about giving Ben Gilroy a scratch for the craic.
                                                Ben Gilroy got 770 votes

Comment

It's fairly comical to think you could have been a virtual nobody with little to no experience running for SF in this election and you'd most likely have walked into a 100k TD salary by default.

There must be a few lads in and around the party that were considering running that are devastated now.
                                                  It does point up a certain amateurishness and lack of strategic thinking within the party.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    She put up a grand total of 30 posters in the entire county of Clare.

The wan they got elected here in Kildare south can beat that though, she went on her holliers during the campaign.
                                                    I kid you not , election was called, she fucks off on holidays for two weeks and still tops the poll

This is a mass psychosis on the scale of Trump and Brexit
                                                    Heydon rightly annoyed about that this morning when initial counts coming through, obviously I have no issue with the party momentum contributing substantially to an individual candidate's success but that really is taking the piss.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                      The level of derangement over Come Out Ye Black and Tans has probably been the most tedious thing in the campaign tbh.
                                                      Ellis's performance was the last you'll hear of it tonight.

Within minutes of it appearing on Twitter there were instructions with party handlers at every count center to make sure it didn't happen again.
                                                      When Mary Lou arrived at the count center and stopped to talk to the media Ellis tried get in behind her but was jostled out of camera shot by her security.

You got to hand it to them they know how to control a party with military like discipline.

Comment

Average industrial wage innit

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                          Heydon rightly annoyed about that this morning when initial counts coming through, obviously I have no issue with the party momentum contributing substantially to an individual candidate's success but that really is taking the piss.
                                                          There are at least a dozen of these that are not just nonentities but when people actually hear what they have to say they will be scratching their heads wondering what the fuck did I just vote for

I suppose with the level of central control the party exercises its doubtful you'll never hear a peep out of any of them.

Comment

Originally posted by CHDad View Post
                                                            So I'm a consistent FF hater.

He got in and actually did some good things. Now he's a lying prick. Standard stuff really. His lies and how obviously hes been craving and looking for power make this all the sweeter. Absolute prick.
                                                            First count just in for you lads. Some lengthy ballot paper!

Shinner elected with 17k votes on first count. Harris 2nd, SD 3rd.

5.4k votes for Donnelly and he's back in the pack

Comment

Average industrial wage innit
                                                              It will be soon

Comment

The world has gone mad. The canvassing is done on Social Media by people with too much time on their hands and We know who they are.

I think the 'never gone away 'ugly English underbelly of feelings towards Ireland has aided the nationalist cause . Leos untimely desire to commemorate the former employment of the black and tans and then criticising the feeling against it as immature was always going to count against him. It's not rocket science to see how the world has changed .
                                                                Brexit , Trump . Welcome to the backwards future .

Ignore grammar . Reading glasses are hiding.

Comment

There are at least a dozen of these that are not just nonentities but when people actually hear what they have to say they will be scratching their heads wondering what the fuck did I just vote for

I suppose with the level of central control the party exercises its doubtful you'll never hear a peep out of any of them.
                                                                  Have you seen some of the new Tory MPs in the UK? There just aren't enough decent candidates in these scenarios.

Not that any party has a full slate of superstars.

Comment

I hate to say it but if you take his words literally he is actually right.
                                                                    Words are true
                                                                    But he is still a massive tit

Comment

Ellis's performance was the last you'll hear of it tonight.

Within minutes of it appearing on Twitter there were instructions with party handlers at every count center to make sure it didn't happen again.
                                                                      When Mary Lou arrived at the count center and stopped to talk to the media Ellis tried get in behind her but was jostled out of camera shot by her security.

You got to hand it to them they know how to control a party with military like discipline.
                                                                      It's a jaunty tune.

Comment

Very different tune from McGrath... thats by far the strongest no to SF policies from a FF'r yet.

Fuck me the SF surplus is going to get that yoke in Wexico is going to get in too

Comment

There must be some department secretaries and senior civil servants having a stiff drink right now. Going to be busy either explaining the basics or running the shop over the coming months.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                            There must be some department secretaries and senior civil servants having a stiff drink right now. Going to be busy either explaining the basics or running the shop over the coming months.
                                                                            worked in Belgium....

Comment

Very different tune from McGrath... thats by far the strongest no to SF policies from a FF'r yet.

Fuck me the SF surplus is going to get that yoke in Wexico is going to get in too
                                                                              Jim O'Callaghan was pretty strong 'no' earlier as well.

Comment

Jaysis, I've been googling the nascent SF TDs

The women are all obese, WTF is with that?

Or are we all just elephants now.

Comment

Comment

Opr

Comment

Like this one.
                                                                                      SF and the Greens have merged . Now called Guns n Roses.

Welcome to the Jungle.

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                        Like this one.
                                                                                        SF and the Greens have merged . Now called Guns n Roses.

Welcome to the Jungle.
                                                                                        Shouldn't that be Labour?
                                                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Think this will be great for young Leo. A bit of humility makes us men.

Comment

Jaysis, I've been googling the nascent SF TDs

The women are all obese, WTF is with that?

Or are we all just elephants now.
                                                                                            Your putting your weight behind picking on the shinners
                                                                                            Poor girls well fed on all the old war tales they have been told during the brain washing sessions

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                              The level of derangement over Come Out Ye Black and Tans has probably been the most tedious thing in the campaign tbh.
                                                                                              It's Dessie Ellis singing it. SF ran less candidates than are in the ground due to him.

Comment

https://twitter.com/brianbrianquinn/...351060487?s=20

Think this will be great for young Leo. A bit of humility makes us men.

1st or 5th, a seat is a seat I suppose.

Not ideal but many have recovered from worse positions.

Comment

I’d swear some of the lads complaining tonight about SF nobodies storming to victory on the back of national policies and branding in a national election were the same lads complaint about parish pump ‘fix the potholes’ politics for years.

Just another form of sore losers' tbh.

Comment

See ya later Joan, you got four years too many.
                                                                                                    Last edited by LuckyLloyd; 09-02-20, 21:36.

Comment

I actually do hope SF and FF do business.

SF need the experience of governing. Much like their buddies in Syriza, they will discover it requires a very different skill set to campaigning, No amount of Twitter posts will fix housing and, like Labour in 2011, they have elevated their supporters expectations to unrealistic levels. So good luck with that.

FF will be the largest party (just) it seems so have earned the right to sit in Government Buildings.

They'll probably need a few more seats for sustainability. No doubt they bribe a few Indos.

Comment

SF need the experience of governing. Much like their buddies in Syriza, they will discover it requires a very different skill set to campaigning, No amount of Twitter posts will fix housing and, like Labour in 2011, they have elevated their supporters expectations to unrealistic levels. So good luck with that.
                                                                                                        SF, from a strictly strategic point of view, should move heaven and earth to avoid going into government. It would be the worst possible thing they could do for their electoral prospects
                                                                                                        You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                        World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                          SF, from a strictly strategic point of view, should move heaven and earth to avoid going into government. It would be the worst possible thing they could do for their electoral prospects
                                                                                                          Sure, they could sit on the sidelines and do exactly what they do now as FFG fail to satisfy the electorate.

But those are not the noises they are making today. Quite the opposite.

Comment

Paschal might be in a spot of trouble

Comment

...
                                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                                                "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I actually do hope SF and FF do business.

FF will be the largest party (just) it seems so have earned the right to sit in Government Buildings.

They'll probably need a few more seats for sustainability. No doubt they bribe a few Indos.
                                                                                                                  Do you not have even a smidgeon or respect for SF at this stage? A party that came from zero presence in the south 30 years ago to winning a FPV in a general election? While managing to take the hardliners through a peace process, etc.

Do you really think SF will get trapped into something like Labour did? Or that they’re completely incapable of driving a hard bargain with the threat of another election with a full compliment of candidates behind them?

SF are not stupid. Labour gave up the vast majority of their 2011 policy platform and allowed themselves to be front and centre of the most unpopular excesses of austerity. Do you think SF will do the same? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                    The big issue of healthcare which can never be solved is what should be always wished upon your worse enemy.
                                                                                                                    that's why Leo kept Harris in Health

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                      You'd think you'd be happier Lloyd. Why be there wallowing in the personal sadness of others when you could be out enjoying a glass of reasonably priced non-vintage bubbly with the rest of the revolutionaries.

We're about to get some of that Northern Irish jazz in the country! Finally! Although hopefully not their 20,000 homeless rate. Twice the homeless in a place a third of the size. So proportionally six times more homelessness in the place they are actually supposed to be running.

I know, I know. Someone else totally did that.

Anyway - got a bit sidetracked there - yeah instead of wallowing in a well-meaning 70-year-olds demise who sacrificed easy words for difficult decisions, you should be out celebrating all the great things we're about to get. Although please not the homelessness.
                                                                                                                      You’re well salted, overly salted. Add a bit of pepper in there.

Comment

Anyway, it will be an equal partnership if there is to be a partnership. The seat distribution will be unlike anything we’ve seen before.

Comment

Do you not have even a smidgeon or respect for SF at this stage?
                                                                                                                          No. Once they have a track record in government, then I'll consider whether they merit respect.

Do you really think SF will get trapped into something like Labour did? Or that they’re completely incapable of driving a hard bargain with the threat of another election with a full compliment of candidates behind them?
                                                                                                                          it's complement

I don't think they have any government-aware strategists. How could they, they have never been in government?

SF are not stupid. Labour gave up the vast majority of their 2011 policy platform and allowed themselves to be front and centre of the most unpopular excesses of austerity. Do you think SF will do the same? Really?
                                                                                                                          Oh dear. Blind faith.

This is going to sting.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X