Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
    Kinda have to feel for Trump at this point, there's multiple cameras on him every time he steps foot out in public. Obviously half the things he does are utterly imbecilic. But grab some audioless footage of anyone with telephoto and you'll get oddities
    Just compare and contrast with Obama.

I am grateful to Yad Vashem and all of those responsible for this remarkable institution. At a time of great peril and promise, war and strife, we are blessed to have such a powerful reminder of man’s potential for great evil, but also our capacity to rise up from tragedy and remake our world. Let our children come here, and know this history, so that they can add their voices to proclaim “never again.” And may we remember those who perished, not only as victims but also as individuals who hoped and loved and dreamed like us, and who have become symbols of the human spirit
    “It is a great honor to be here with all of my friends — so amazing and will never forget!”
    Last edited by Raoul Duke III; 30-05-17, 07:23.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Tintin nails it this morning:

AIB Sale Shows A Servile Attitude To The EU

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
            He doesn't look that impressed does he?
            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Paying down debts so the next generation don't have to pay for our follies = servile attitude. Gotcha. What does that make those poor saps who pay off their mortgages each month?

The debt is really fcking high at the moment, dangerously so once the low-interest bubble ends. Its just flattered by very dodgy GDP numbers. Don't see any harm in paying it down, especially as thats the agreement we actually signed back when we needed help.
              Blindly following what we are told to do by our masters = servile attitude. Do you really believe the French or Germans would be dictated to in such a manner? Investment in starved public infrastructure would have a better impact on future generations to my mind.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                    Blindly following what we are told to do by our masters = servile attitude. Do you really believe the French or Germans would be dictated to in such a manner? Investment in starved public infrastructure would have a better impact on future generations to my mind.
                    Why do you think Noonan got a deal with the European investment bank last week to lend more for infrastructure in Ireland? It's all optics. We honour our agreement and we get the infrastructure built by the back door. The alternative is the Greek approach and bounce in and out of recession. It doesn't suit the sound bite and protest mob but it's how business gets done in the real world.

We didn't achieve half of the structural reform that was needed with the recession so this game has to be played to get the place into some sort of shape over time. Imagine if we weren't part of Europe we'd basically be west Wales or the North of England. Let's see how the next 10 years work out for them...
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                      Just compare and contrast with Obama.
                      Hmmm, not sure if that relates to what I said tbh.
                      Trump's not normal, and has lived most of, if not all, his life in a special bubble. I wasn't suggesting otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                        I wouldn't look to Fintan for economic commentary tbf - he literally has not one clue.

Good theatre writer though

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                          Hmmm, not sure if that relates to what I said tbh.
                          Trump's not normal, and has lived most of, if not all, his life in a special bubble. I wasn't suggesting otherwise.
                          I didn't take it that way. It was just one of those things you read that shows how Trump really isn't in touch with any kind of reality.

Comment

They sounded amazing, Satnav. Tell Mia to keep it up. Music is awesome.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Does he not have a point about selling when we value it at 11bn having bought it for over 20bn?

Is the particular rush to sell it just now part of the horse trading with the EIB maybe?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                    Does he not have a point about selling when we value it at 11bn having bought it for over 20bn?

Is the particular rush to sell it just now part of the horse trading with the EIB maybe?
                                    the State has received other moniez from AIB though

CoCo redemptions ~2bn
                                    Preference shares ~3.5bn

that bank levy thingy, not sure how much has been raised through that but it's hundreds of milliions

AFAIK, AIB has paid the State 6.5bn already.

shortfall is more like 2/3bn

Comment

Markets are irrationally high at the moment
                                      Ah stop

Comment

Comment

Comment

why so?!
                                            Well how much are we going to make shorting it so?!

Comment

and yet Fintan says:

How can anyone pay even a second of attention to that man, when he conveniently forgets about 6-point-5-fcking-billion in his calculations of loss? Well he didn't forget about it, as everyone knows about these payments, it just didn't suit the argument he wanted to make.
                                              I didn't know about them FWIW, which is why I asked.

Comment

and yet Fintan says:

How can anyone pay even a second of attention to that man, when he conveniently forgets about 6-point-5-fcking-billion in his calculations of loss? Well he didn't forget about it, as everyone knows about these payments, it just didn't suit the argument he wanted to make.
                                                let us not forget that Fintan was going to save us all back in the darkest days, with his new political movement

that he, er, completely failed to launch and never speaks of again

Although, he is available to bullshit for hire

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                                                  Details please?

Haven't been in there in ages but the Friday night cash game was getting a decent bit of action a while back
                                                  Yeah it was going great with good games on Friday and Saturdays every week. Then they moved the table back upstairs. Now you don't get the drunks wandering in and feeding the game like they used to. It is now just the same 5/6 lads passing money around with the very odd drunk fish (me).

Game is more or less dead though IMO. 7 handed at 2AM on a Saturday a few weeks ago. Used to have a waiting list by that time.

For what its worth the management have said they need the space downstairs for "meetings" so its clear they want it out of there so the drunks can lose on table games. Fair enough.

Comment

Comment

Well you never make money shorting equity indices as can't know when the market is going to stop rising, no matter what the fundamentals say. Technically you could buy put options to profit from a fall in price and still be protected if prices continue to rise, but equity put options tend to be ridiculously overpriced as theres too many people who potentially want to buy puts and not enough natural sellers.

A case in point being the Nasdaq collapse after the dotcom bubble in 2000. Nasdaq fell from 5000 to 3100, before suddenly rebounding to 4,300 in the space of two months, and then continuing its collapse to about 1200. The point here is that a whole lot of shorts would have gone bust in the two month period it rebounded by 40% even though the overall idea that the Nasdaq of a dead duck was right. There's always masive amounts of crazy money doing crazy things in equities.
                                                      But going off the bit in bold suggests 'the market is irrationally high' is a pretty bad reason to go selling off shares right?

For example, there is a nobel prize winning behavioral economist () complaining about the markets being irrationally overpriced here:

in September 2015 since which time the markets have increased by 25%.

Comment

Comment

But thats why we're only selling off 25%. Take some money off the table, and keep the chance to profit from the upside. It all strikes me as fairly common sense stuff?
                                                          If they're selling now for some other reason (e.g. EIB deal or your point about increasing the value by listing the company) then I can understand that.

If it's because the market is irrationally high I honestly don't see the common sense in selling 25% because the market might crash, and keeping 75% because it might go up.

Comment

If they're selling now for some other reason (e.g. EIB deal or your point about increasing the value by listing the company) then I can understand that.

If it's because the market is irrationally high I honestly don't see the common sense in selling 25% because the market might crash, and keeping 75% because it might go up.
                                                            You've never hedged a bet before?
                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I don't think any of the UK refloats were done on a 'one shot' IPO basis either

for example

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                That looks astonishingly like dementia in action
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bunch of charlatans if they don't shift the full 100% at the decades highest closing price.

Comment

Comment

Putin must be sitting in his underpants at night laughing hysterically at the stream of Trump/US related Newsfeeds dragging the US slowly but surely away from the trust of its Allies.
                                                                      With Trump and his cohorts in control, Russia has got America by the pussy and until the slow drawn out process of catching the Trumpites biting Russian pillows comes to pass Trump will have done more and more damage to the US relations/economy/credibility.Even when he is long gone, the egg left on the US faces will be hard to shift. The White House to be renamed, the White Knuckle.
                                                                      There is some good news. There are monks in Tibet with 3 holy daggers that can kill him .

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                        Bunch of charlatans if they don't shift the full 100% at the decades highest closing price.
                                                                        You've gotten very good at turning up with unsolicited shitty answers to my posts in the last while, fair play.

Comment

You've gotten very good at turning up with unsolicited shitty answers to my posts in the last while, fair play.

Comment

Jaysus, I honestly hadn't noticed. Only one I can recall now is getting the writing on the passport cover but thought that was funny.
                                                                            Nothing personal from my side anyway.

Comment

...

Comment

Mellor and Zuut

AJ and Keane

we're starting some great new beefs. Excellent timing, as a lot of the old ones have run their natural course.
                                                                                P&F and BCB

Comment

Anyone want to start a beef with me m8s

Comment

Originally posted by Trippie View Post
                                                                                    P&F and BCB
                                                                                    Mellor and Zuut

AJ and Keane

we're starting some great new beefs. Excellent timing, as a lot of the old ones have run their natural course.
                                                                                    PSV58 vs the World
                                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Cooked elderly in laws stuff pork fillet wrapped in bacon. They poked at it saying that it was raw as it had a slight pink tinge to it. I tried to explain that no need to overcook pork these days and that the bacon would impart a tinge to it as well. Left them to it and see what they leave when I return to collect plates.
                                                                                      Wondering now have I poisoned them or they just old folk who cook the shite out of everything.
                                                                                      Fillet was just over a pound weight and cooked at 200 Celsius for 30 mins and rested for 15 mins btw. When sliced stuffing in middle was hot.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                        Cooked elderly in laws stuff pork fillet wrapped in bacon. They poked at it saying that it was raw as it had a slight pink tinge to it. I tried to explain that no need to overcook pork these days and that the bacon would impart a tinge to it as well. Left them to it and see what they leave when I return to collect plates.
                                                                                        Wondering now have I poisoned them or they just old folk who cook the shite out of everything.
                                                                                        Fillet was just over a pound weight and cooked at 200 Celsius for 30 mins and rested for 15 mins btw. When sliced stuffing in middle was hot.
                                                                                        Delete post , take them out on boat , splash splash , report missing. Be more careful , next time it could be yer own clan .

Comment

Originally posted by CHDog View Post
                                                                                          Bray cunt
                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                            Bray cunt
                                                                                            Waterford pikeys are too easily defeated.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                              Bray cunt
                                                                                              Waterford pikeys are too easily defeated.
                                                                                              IPB celeb deathmatch.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bullocks View Post
                                                                                                Delete post , take them out on boat , splash splash , report missing. Be more careful , next time it could be yer own clan .
                                                                                                Made me laugh and fearful

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                  Prep resource for GMAT - book, online, other? Any recommendations?
                                                                                                  Talk to Davin. He got anal in his preparation.

Comment

I seem to recall the last time you attempted to start a beef with me, you barely registered on my consciousness.
                                                                                                    "all mods are cunts" I think was the line.
                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                      I seem to recall the last time you attempted to start a beef with me, you barely registered on my consciousness.
                                                                                                      "all mods are cunts" I think was the line.
                                                                                                      Yourself and lottie are still in my pocket from last week. Get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                        Jaysus, I honestly hadn't noticed. Only one I can recall now is getting the writing on the passport cover but thought that was funny.
                                                                                                        Nothing personal from my side anyway.
                                                                                                        My fault, sorry. Nearly took a fella's head off over nothing playing five a side there while ago so obviously got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                          Made me laugh and fearful
                                                                                                          Ah here , I didn't say tie their feet. If they can swim they'll be grand
                                                                                                          the pork won't kill them . Cooked pork can be slightly pink .

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                            You've never hedged a bet before?
                                                                                                            I have of course but there would always have been a particular reason.

The market has been at all time highs a good few times over the last while so far as I know so if that's the reason it seems a bit arbitrary to pick now. Maybe it is arbitrary.

If it's common sense to hedge now why wasn't it common sense to hedge every other time the market hit a high?

Comment

My fault, sorry. Nearly took a fella's head off over nothing playing five a side there while ago so obviously got out of bed on the wrong side this morning.
                                                                                                              Armani don't mind Keane, he's still struggling with the news about Brendan O'Sullivan.

SPOILER
                                                                                                              Joke, poor lad is being killed in the midst of a much bigger argument.

In other news ye were brilliant in the league final. We should all be happy we get to see Jack Barry and Brian Fenton for the next decade or so!
                                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                                                    I virtually never use my phone as a phone. In fact I hate speaking on the phone, or being contactable in that way. If it was socially viable to not have a phone number of any kind it would be great.
                                                                                                                    Agree. What grinds my gears is when you text a cunt and they ring you back! Cheers mate I do know how to work the phone if I wanted to talk on it is have rang you ya prick
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Don't go for @tylerdurden m8 he made bits of you the last time
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                        Armani don't mind Keane, he's still struggling with the news about Brndan O'Sullivn.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Joke, poor lad is being killed in the midst of a much bigger argument.

In other news ye were brilliant in the league final. We should all be happy we get to see Jack Barry and Brian Fenton for the next decade or so!
                                                                                                                        Not sure what to think about that. I happen to be working with a guy who is from down there who said you'd find it hard to get the same guy to have a bottle of cider on a sunny day.

I wasn't talking to anyone about it really but I'm sure if I asked the guys from the club who play with him they'd say he's the last person you would expect to be 'at it'.

The story that he didn't like the taste of the caffeine tablets he was getting so he went off and sourced his own is hard to swallow though. These boys are very clued in about this stuff. I suppose the anti-doping crowd saying he had strong evidence to support the contaminated supplement excuse is in his favour, as is the fact that taking MCA before a game where he was only going to be coming on for 15 minutes is probably a bit pointless as well.

Not sure JB will be playing midfield for Kerry for the next ten years. Be kind of surprised if he is actually.

Comment

Well timing an IPO is much more an art than a science, but they had to wait for AIB to solve it's most pressing problems first. Then they were waiting for the first good opportunity.

The investment banking team has been in place for a few months laying the groundwork, so it's all ready to go. If it's not done now then has to wait until after summer and who knows what the situation will be then.

There's no reason why not now.
                                                                                                                          That makes sense, thanks HH

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X