Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad beat/Moaning/Venting thread - Mammy told me not to come.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
    Latest opinion polls
    FF 24%
    SF 24%
    FG 21%
    tbh I'd rather go with Paddy Power first preference lines:

FF 28.5%
    FG: 23.5%
    SF: 15.5%
    GP: 8.5%
    LP: 6.5%

I think there is a consistent trend for opinion polls to underestimate the FF vote and overestimate SF. No idea why but certainly you would have seen that backed up in 2016.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

The PP seat lines are below (with the current count in brackets)

FF: 53.5 (45)
      FG: 39.5 (47)
      SF: 24.5 (22)
      GP: 11.5 (3)
      LP: 6.5 (7)

PBP (6)
      Aontu (1)
      SD (2)
      Indos (22)

What strikes you looking at this is how incremental the change is likely to be

FF win a few seats off FG
      SF stay much the same
      Greens win more seats, off FG and Indo
      Indos lose a few

It's not exactly a sea change in any sense when you look under the hood

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          I think there is a consistent trend for opinion polls to underestimate the FF vote and overestimate SF. No idea why but certainly you would have seen that backed up in 2016.
          Beyond the pale, most FF voters do so because 'he fixed the roads' and their great grandaddy voted for them in much the same way as Irish people form a lifelong bond with whatever North of England soccer club was winning when they were eight years old.
          FF always has been and remains an SF splinter party their voters are natural SF voters and once SF find a path to power they will switch to them and stay with them.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

tbh I'd rather go with Paddy Power first preference lines:

FF 28.5%
            FG: 23.5%
            SF: 15.5%
            GP: 8.5%
            LP: 6.5%

I tend to agree, I don't think the gap is quite as wide but SF possibly stronger than I hoped thought originally.

SF supporters shout the loudest and FF supporters shout the least. Look at the bases, those with highest probability of making their rhetoric known on social media vs the supporters of the party with the lowest probability of doing so.

Comment

Comment

Renua like taxpayers
                They got my #1 last time

Comment

Renua like taxpayers
                  So would you if u had no hope of getting elected
                  You can promise all classes everything because u haven’t a hope of been in power

Comment

Great start for France. Big blow that penaud is out

Comment

Allez !
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                        Great start for France. Big blow that penaud is out
                        What's the bar for when we start to lay France.today 14 ahead ?

Comment

That +6 looks decent now.
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Shraaaaaaaaaap!

Could this be real?

Comment

Looked like a French hand but this is hilarious
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Alles Les Bleus!
                                backed them +5 and HT-FT 13/5. This time they wont be beat. Le France adore Le Piat D'or.

If Trump wins the snooker today then only Man Utd let me down for a 10-fold acca for €6,800 for a €6 stake!

Comment

Some kick there.

That No11, 72kg, how is that possible at this level, unbelievable in and of itself.

Comment

Shraaaaaaaaaap!

Could this be real?
                                    As with the world Cup. This is a game of 2 halves. Hope I'm wrong this time

Comment

As with the world Cup. This is a game of 2 halves. Hope I'm wrong this time
                                      Don't want a repeat of Wales last year

Comment

Don't want a repeat of Wales last year
                                        Hard to see you losing from 24-0 up and English heads all over the shop.

Comment

Hmmmmm

Comment

France have this covered comfortably head in chest.

Comment

Nice win Shrap.

Heinz made a few bad errors there I felt, hard to think there isn't any stronger scrum halfs to back up Youngs.

Comment

Letting them get a point is fairly close to the usual capitulation

Comment

Jaysus.

I love my missus. She’s deadly.

But fuck me if she doesn’t come home from a night out with a bag of fast food, argue at huge decibels with every appliance and utensil she can find and then proceed to insist on the chats if there is even a hint of me being awake in the bed.

She’s a rhino.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

CMON YOU SPURS!!! 22 points clear

Comment

Anybody nerded out about sheets here before so that I don't have to read about them for 7 hours? And pillows that aren't feathers? Have flannel atm which is great, just very warm.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thread-Fitt...%2C139&sr=8-14 ?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/PureComfort...79&sr=8-1&th=1 ?

I'd listen to this guy talk about anything

Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 02-02-20, 21:40.

Comment

People are sound.

Lost my phone last night after a heavy day drinking, two lovley girls found it, charged it and met them this eve to collect it. Absolute legends.

They found it at Fatima Luas Stop which hasn't made sense to me yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                          People are sound.

Lost my phone last night after a heavy day drinking, two lovley girls found it, charged it and met them this eve to collect it. Absolute legends.

Stop losing expensive stuff and relying on people being sound you luck box

Comment

People are sound.

...Jesus, a good deed on the Red line, the end is near...

Comment

Comment

People are sound.

Did u get a fone number from them

Comment

2020 and we are about to put Mickey Martin, Cowan, O'Dea and various descendants of DeVelara and Lemass into government with Sinn Fein.

And we thoughts the British electorate were thick

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                    2020 and we are about to put Mickey Martin, Cowan, O'Dea and various descendants of DeVelara and Lemass into government with Sinn Fein.

And we thoughts the British electorate were thick
                                                                    You may avail of the 11/2 with PP so.

Are we all doing the Hitch seat bet thing?

Comment

How many of the Indos are FF gene pool, I've lost track?

Matty McGrath, 2 * Healy-Rea but there must be more...

Comment

The Guardian taking the piss a little now:

"For some, the election on 8 February is an opportunity for a genuine shift away from the largely rightwing politics that has dominated Irish life for 90 years – with policies that have lately paid lip service to identity politics while implementing austerity measures and maintaining corporate tax rates that have produced stark inequality."

So when the government implements austerity measures they're right wing but when they implement progressive measures, they're still right wing but paying lip service to identity politics.

Additionally, the long term irredentist goals of Sinn Fein, along with their original position on abortion is hardly the position of progressives.

In next week’s general election, progressives may be more comfortable backing a party once synonymous with the IRA, says Irish journalist and screenwriter Roisin Agnew

What has played well for Sinn Féin, too, is its talent for reaching the public and getting a message across. During the abortion and marriage equality referendums it was an early and proactive supporter for change, with leader Mary Lou McDonald in particular gaining popularity among young women due to her support of the “repeal the eighth” campaign.

Am I not correct in thinking SF changed their position on the 8th after the results?
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 03-02-20, 10:27.

Comment

If anybody is interested in doing some meditations, I'll be running a 21 day abundance challenge over WhatsApp soon. It’s about 10-15 minutes of guided meditation a day, with a daily task. Send me your number if interested. Look at me, I am the Hotspur now.

Comment

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  Lets do it! Maybe we keep it as an honour system on payment to speed up the process.
                                                                                  In. What's the deadline O Comp Master?

Comment

...

Comment

The Guardian taking the piss a little now:

"For some, the election on 8 February is an opportunity for a genuine shift away from the largely rightwing politics that has dominated Irish life for 90 years – with policies that have lately paid lip service to identity politics while implementing austerity measures and maintaining corporate tax rates that have produced stark inequality."

So when the government implements austerity measures they're right wing but when they implement progressive measures, they're still right wing but paying lip service to identity politics.

Additionally, the long term irredentist goals of Sinn Fein, along with their original position on abortion is hardly the position of progressives.

In next week’s general election, progressives may be more comfortable backing a party once synonymous with the IRA, says Irish journalist and screenwriter Roisin Agnew

What has played well for Sinn Féin, too, is its talent for reaching the public and getting a message across. During the abortion and marriage equality referendums it was an early and proactive supporter for change, with leader Mary Lou McDonald in particular gaining popularity among young women due to her support of the “repeal the eighth” campaign.

Am I not correct in thinking SF changed their position on the 8th after the results?
                                                                                      I don't think so. Peadar Toibin left SF over their pro-choice position and Mary Lou was on a lot of the debates promoting repeal.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                        I got an instant pot because the internet said to. Anyone have any recipe recommendations?
                                                                                        This is going well, so far I've tried:

Ragu
                                                                                        Chicken Wings
                                                                                        Mac and Cheese
                                                                                        Butter chicken twice
                                                                                        pot arroz con pollo
                                                                                        Chilli

Ragu was outstanding.
                                                                                        For the butter chicken I marinated the chicken yoghurt overnight, was so tender.

It's all generally fairly effortless and quick.

Comment

Let's say Thursday 5pm!

I'll start a thread later today
                                                                                          Don't trust you with competitions after that Sheep debacle
                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

One to get PSV's week off to a good start............

99 smartphones are transported in a handcart to generate virtual traffic jam in Google Maps.Through this activity, it is possible to turn a green street red ...

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                              Puke central here . Won't be sleeping tonight . Toddler emptying the clip . Not sure if he needs a doctor or an exorcism , impressive hurling. Nothing left unscathed. . Strong brute.
                                                                                              Still though I'd prefer it was me .
                                                                                              Me and my big mouth. GRIM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                I don't think so. Peadar Toibin left SF over their pro-choice position and Mary Lou was on a lot of the debates promoting repeal.
                                                                                                Did they not have a convention on officially changing the party position from in favour in certain cases and within a given time period from conception?

They only advocated for abortion under certain conditions and then changed post referendum I think?

Comment

Did they not have a convention on officially changing the party position from in favour in certain cases and within a given time period from conception?

They only advocated for abortion under certain conditions and then changed post referendum I think?
                                                                                                  A Sinn Féin TD who was suspended for three months and lost the party whip after opposing its policy on repealing the Eighth Amendment has denied there are double standards within the party.

Offaly TD Carol Nolan voted against holding a referendum on the issue in the Dáil last month. Sinn Féin supports the holding of a referendum, repealing the Eighth Amendment and for terminations in cases of rape, incest, fatal foetal abnormalities and when a mother’s life, health or mental health is at risk.

Comment

Previously Sinn Féin had backed making terminations available in circumstances like fatal foetal abnormality, rape or sexual abuse.

However, the party will now back a policy put forward by the Sinn Féin leadership that is broadly in line with the new Irish law, which is expected to make abortion available to women within the first 12 weeks of their pregnancies.

It's not a monumental change or anything, they were largely in favour but they definitely shifted to something more in line with what was the consensus in the Republic.
                                                                                                    They simply didn't hold the most liberal view on one of the more liberal issues in recent years yet are viewed as the primary liberal party.

The party can now support a law which is set to allow abortions within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy.

Comment

Populist party shifts direction when the wind changes Shock! Horror!

Comment

A guy was saying at the weekend that you should only salt pasta water after it has boiled not when the water is cold. Maybe because they were Italian they were quite insistent that the world could be effortlessly divided into a good group of boiled-water-salters and a group of deviants who represent everything wrong with the world.

Seems the internet is less clear-cut, but I did come across this piece which is a shocking indictment of the US. Their main Italian chain has stopped salting pasta altogether as it enabled them to qualify for an extended warranty on pasta pots. What have we become?
                                                                                                        I do it to speed things up. Salt water takes longer to reach boiling point.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Lazare; 03-02-20, 12:51.
                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                          Me and my big mouth. GRIM.
                                                                                                          A big mouth is handy for puking.
                                                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                            People tend to overlook putting a lid on to speed up the boiling time...people meaning my wife...
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                  Surely you use fresh pasta that takes no more than 2minutes? Once you do you’ll never go back. Can’t stand dried pasta now

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                      People tend to overlook putting a lid on to speed up the boiling time...people meaning my wife...
                                                                                                                      I love cooking, i cook a lot. My family and some friends look up to me when it comes to cooking.

I never knew this. Thanks.

Comment

Haha shocked this is a common issue! Do you leave your oven doors open too?
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                          even quicker is to boil the water in the kettle first, then transfer

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X